Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to create DVD MENUS for fight discs...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
So I've got a stack of dvds that I've gotten in the past and a lot of the discs have various fighters on them. I am in the process of ripping them to my HD. I want to know how to go about creating simple interactive type menus for the dvds.

Perhaps have the menu be a 30 second clip of the ring entrance or something.

Can anyone help me out? I have zero history of using any video editing programs so I'm kind of at a loss here.

Thanks.

p.s.

And yes, some of the dvds are Chris Byrd fights. lol
BrutalBodyShots
Yeah I just use the standard menus that my Toshiba Recorder allows me to create.

Byrd Man
Yeah I'm thinking I'll have to rip to avi from the vob files because there's already some generic menu (blue screen with yellow bars highlighting the fights) and if I'm gonna make my own menus, I'd have to separate the files from the shitty menu already on there.

I just dug these discs out after probably a year or so. The newest disc I had in there was a Chris Byrd fight disc that had the fight with Marinaccio on it.

After going through them all (many discs aren't labeled) I'll post up a list in case anyone out there are looking for specific fights I might have.

Byrd Man
DISC 1: Arturo Gatti v. Mickey Ward I & II
Disc 2: Arturo Gatti v. Mickey Ward III & Look back at Mickey Ward
Disc 3: Evander Holyfield v. Riddick Bowe Trilogy + Legendary Nights (VHS RIP)
Disc 4: Tyson Disc #4: Green Ferguson Alderson Berbick Gross
DISC 5: Tyson Disc #5: Mercdes, Singleton, Halpin, Spain, Tillis, Jameson, Boyd, Long
Disc 6: Chris Byrd Fights: Wladimir Klitschko I, Vitali Klitschko
Disc 7: Oscar De La Hoya: Fernando Vargas, Yory Boy Campas
Disc 8: Chris Byrd Fights: Andrew Golota, David Tua
Disc 9: Chris Byrd Fights: Marinaccio, Sargent, Billups, Vitali, Puller, Castillo
Disc 10: Tommy Morrison Fights: Mercer, Quarry, Halstad, Odom, Tucker, Hipp, Tillman
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ May 18 2008, 02:30 PM) [snapback]390080[/snapback]
So I've got a stack of dvds that I've gotten in the past and a lot of the discs have various fighters on them. I am in the process of ripping them to my HD. I want to know how to go about creating simple interactive type menus for the dvds.

Perhaps have the menu be a 30 second clip of the ring entrance or something.

Can anyone help me out? I have zero history of using any video editing programs so I'm kind of at a loss here.

Thanks.

p.s.

And yes, some of the dvds are Chris Byrd fights. lol

i have a software that came with my computer that can be purchased at any software store called nero dvd... it is very user friendly and will allow you to customize your dvd menu to however you want it... i've tried several other software and it is the best that i've found...
Fitz
Don't buy nero. You can just download it off the net. Nero is pretty good, I use it for burning and basic video editing.
Byrd Man
weird...I thought I just entered this but oh well...here we go again...

-- ------------

I have Nero 7 and I know how to do the basic generic static menu where you upload an image from your HD or whatever, but I'd like to make some interactive type menu with a video clip as the menu. Like the ring entrance, or the tale of the tape for each individual fight or something like that.
Spyder
Ahhh, finally a topic that I can spit some real knowlege at... laugh.gif

You want Sony's DVD Architect. Go get it from the Torrent sites, and pick up Vegas Video while you're at it. They're usually packaged together. DVD Architect is easy to use, but very extensive. You won't know how to do what you want to do at the beginning, but there are a ton of tutorials on youtube and different video websites that will show you how to use it.
torvix2000
I use DVDLab Pro.
Boxingjunkie
TMPGE DVD Author is probably the easiest for beginners. You can make motion menus with the background picture of your choice. Its very simple to use.
You can also use TMPGE Xpress to encode you fights to whatever size you want. Both are very simple to use.
Byrd Man
I got DVD ARCHITECT now....what's the vegas video thing for?
Spyder
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ May 19 2008, 12:34 PM) [snapback]390191[/snapback]
I got DVD ARCHITECT now....what's the vegas video thing for?

Vegas is a video editting program...VERY powerful and easy to use. You can easily cut and import your fights, and it works great with DVD Architect.

If you don't have an editting program already that you've spent many hours learning...check it out.
clays777
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ May 18 2008, 09:36 PM) [snapback]390133[/snapback]
--------------

I have Nero 7 and I know how to do the basic generic static menu where you upload an image from your HD or whatever, but I'd like to make some interactive type menu with a video clip as the menu. Like the ring entrance, or the tale of the tape for each individual fight or something like that.

Use the same process you used to upload an image to upload video clips. There's a box to the right of the image box, click on that and find the file you want to use.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.