Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: US soldier removed from Iraq for shooting at Quran
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Douchebag
US soldier removed from Iraq for shooting at Quran
Iraq
12 hours ago //

BAGHDAD — An American sniper was removed from Iraq after he used a copy of the Quran for target practice, the military said Sunday, a day after a U.S. commander held a formal ceremony apologizing to Sunni tribal leaders.

The elaborate ceremony — in which one U.S. officer kissed a new copy of Islam's holy book before giving it to the tribal leaders — reflected the military's eagerness to stave off anger among Sunni Arabs it has been cultivating as allies.

The tribesmen have become key in the fight against al-Qaida in Iraq militants, who depict the American forces as anti-Islamic occupiers. One anti-U.S. Iraqi Sunni group condemned the Quran shooting, calling it "a hideous act." Similar perceived insults to Islam have triggered protests throughout the Muslim world.

Iraqi police found the bullet-riddled Quran with graffiti inside the cover on a firing range near a police station in Radwaniyah, a former insurgent stronghold west of Baghdad, U.S. military spokesman Col. Bill Buckner said.

American commanders launched an inquiry that led to disciplinary action against the unidentified soldier, who has been removed from Iraq, Buckner said.

Members of the local U.S.-allied group said the Quran was found with 14 bullet holes in a field after U.S. troops withdrew from a base in the area.

Sheik Ahmed Khudayer al-Janabi, a local tribal leader, said the group had planned a protest march last Thursday but called it off under pressure from U.S. forces and to prevent any insurgent violence as retaliation.

The incident, which occurred on May 9 and was discovered two days later, was first reported by CNN, which broadcast a ceremony at which the top American commander in Baghdad apologized to tribal leaders Saturday in Radwaniyah. The military confirmed the details Sunday in an e-mailed response to a query.

"I come before you here seeking your forgiveness," Maj. Gen. Jeffery Hammond was quoted as saying at the ceremony. "In the most humble manner I look in your eyes today and I say please forgive me and my soldiers."

"The actions of one soldier were nothing more than criminal behavior," he added. "I've come to this land to protect you, to support you — not to harm you — and the behavior of this soldier was nothing short of wrong and unacceptable."

The commander also read a letter of apology by the shooter, who has not been identified, while another military official kissed a Quran and presented it to the tribal leaders, according to CNN.

Tribal leaders, dignitaries and local security officials attended the ceremony, while protesters carried banners and chanted slogans, including "Yes, yes to the Quran" and "America out, out."

The military statement called the incident "serious and deeply troubling" but stressed it was the result of one soldier's actions and "not representative of the professionalism of our soldiers or the respect they have for all faiths."

The hard-line Association of Muslim Scholars condemned the shooting and what it said was a belated acknowledgment of the incident, calling it "a hideous act against the book of almighty God and the constitution of the nation and the source of its glory and dignity."

The alliances between Sunni tribes and U.S. forces have been key to a steep decline in violence over the past year. But the Quran incident was the latest in a series of setbacks, including the accidental killings of U.S.-allied fighters, that have raised concerns about the fragility of the support for the American forces.

U.S. troops also have struggled to overcome the perception that they are insensitive to Islamic traditions after several missteps in the early stages of the war in Iraq.

Sheik Eid Majid al-Zubaie, the preacher at the Radwaniyah mosque, said local leaders were outraged over the discovery of the Quran, which he said was shot through and had big dark X's and other graffiti on the pages. But he said they had accepted the military's apology.

"There is not any difference between this soldier and the figure in Denmark who made the caricature drawings against the Prophet Muhammad," al-Zubaie said. "But they apologized and expelled the soldier."

Separately, relatives mourned the deaths of at least five children killed when mortar shells slammed into a neighborhood while they were playing outside in a predominantly Shiite area on the eastern outskirts of Baghdad on Saturday.

Bandaged girls and boys with bloodstained clothes cried as they were packed two to a bed at the hospital to which they were taken in the Shiite stronghold of Sadr City.

Mortar rounds struck a house, an open area and a street where boys were playing soccer in the Maamil neighborhood on Baghdad's northeastern outskirts, witnesses said.

Nadim Jabir, 33, said he lost his 4-year-old son Abbas, and that his wife and 10-year-old daughter were wounded when their mud-brick house was hit.

"My wife was panicked and ran out with my three children," he said, adding he ran after them but was thrown to the ground by the force of another blast.

"When the dust settled, I saw my only boy Abbas lying on the ground with many other kids. All were groaning and some kids were missing limbs. Abbas was hit in his head," he said.

Residents said four other children were killed. Police and hospital officials also reported a man was killed and at least 30 people were wounded.

The mortar strikes occurred as sporadic fighting continues between Shiite militiamen and U.S.-Iraqi forces despite a peace deal reached with followers of radical cleric Muqtada al-Sadr last week.

An American soldier also was killed Sunday by a roadside bomb that hit his vehicle north of Baghdad, raising to at least 4,080 the number of U.S. service members who have died since the Iraq war began in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count.

___

Associated Press writer Bushra Juhi contributed to this report.
STEVENSKI
Well I hope the sniper shot a good grouping on the book of TP.

Can you find some Aussie attrocities commited in Iraq?
Douchebag
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ May 20 2008, 09:41 PM) [snapback]390339[/snapback]
Well I hope the sniper shot a good grouping on the book of TP.

Can you find some Aussie attrocities commited in Iraq?

How many Aussie troops where sent Iraq again? Not that it matters, because I know first hand what a joke your military is.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(The Conscience @ May 21 2008, 06:20 AM) [snapback]390349[/snapback]
How many Aussie troops where sent Iraq again? Not that it matters, because I know first hand what a joke your military is.

First hand?
Douchebag
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ May 21 2008, 11:36 AM) [snapback]390356[/snapback]
First hand?

I was in the Marine Corp and deployed twice to Australia. The Northern Territory to be exact. We where in Kathrine which is a town that litterly only has one main street. We would do all of our partying in Darwin which is actually pretty cool, thats where I got my second tattoo, back when the exchange rate favored the dollar. Anyway I trained with the Aussie Royal Airforce and lets just say the where not up to par.
BigJuicyHog
I am just glad to hear the Bill Bucker overcame that error in the World Series to become a Colonel.
BGv2.0
FUCK that "Holy" book!

This is why we lose wars now......because we are too gotdamn PC for our own good.

Black Jack Pershing is spinning in his grave right now over this shit. Here is a man that used fanatical Muslim beliefs against those assholes and it worked VERY WELL....and now we toss guys out for having taget practice with a book!!!!???

MORONIC!

Attempting to stem dicourse....give me a break....all those fuckers do is kill one another....they will do it today because of book taget practice.....they will do it whenever we leave.....they have been doing it forever.

Sand Sucken Dune Coons.....that's what I consider Fanatical Muslims!
Spyder
HOW TO STOP ISLAMIC TERRORISTS...... it worked once in our History...

Once in U.S. history an episode of Islamic terrorism was very quickly stopped. It happened in the Philippines about 1911, when Gen. John J. Pershing was in command of the garrison. There had been numerous Islamic terrorist attacks, so "Black Jack" told his boys to catch the perps and teach them a lesson.

Forced to dig their own graves, the terrorists were all tied to posts, execution style. The U.S. soldiers then brought in pigs and slaughtered them, rubbing their bullets in the blood and fat. Thus, the terrorists were terrorized; they saw that they would be contaminated with hogs' blood. This would mean that they could not enter Heaven, even if they died as terrorist martyrs.

All but one was shot, their bodies dumped into the grave, and the hog guts dumped atop the bodies. The lone survivor was allowed to escape back to the terrorist camp and tell his brethren what happened to the others. This brought a stop to terrorism in the Philippines for the next 50 years.

Pointing a gun into the face of Islamic terrorists won't make them flinch.

They welcome the chance to die for Allah. Like Gen. Pershing, we must show them that they won't get to Muslim heaven (which they believe has an endless supply of virgins) but instead will die with the hated pigs of the devil.

Can you imagine the news frenzy this would cause today? PETA would flip their lids!

HOWEVER....if it were done today, they could hold a MASSIVE global press conference for it. Slaughter some pigs, spray the entire weapons stockhold with pigs blood, have GW take a cigar out of his mouth and looking at the camera say; "Alright terrorists, your move!"

laugh.gif
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Spyder @ May 21 2008, 01:13 PM) [snapback]390366[/snapback]
Can you imagine the news frenzy this would cause today? PETA would flip their lids!

HOWEVER....if it were done today, they could hold a MASSIVE global press conference for it. Slaughter some pigs, spray the entire weapons stockhold with pigs blood, have GW take a cigar out of his mouth and looking at the camera say; "Alright terrorists, your move!"

laugh.gif

But in reality....when you are fighting nutty, crazy religious kooks.....you have to use their own fears against them.....for sure if it means putting the fear of their own God into them and making them think twice about dying.

A LOT of these dirty MFs would not be so gotdamn eager to blow themselves up if they thought their corpse woud be buried in a mound of pig shit and pig blood and guts. UNLESS Sadar makes an amendment to the Whorean.

And Peta needs to get their head out of their ass as well.....I agree with them on some stuff.....but some of this shit they take too far. If 1 pig killed could save the life of 1 American....it would be worth it.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(The Conscience @ May 21 2008, 03:40 PM) [snapback]390357[/snapback]
I was in the Marine Corp and deployed twice to Australia. The Northern Territory to be exact. We where in Kathrine which is a town that litterly only has one main street. We would do all of our partying in Darwin which is actually pretty cool, thats where I got my second tattoo, back when the exchange rate favored the dollar. Anyway I trained with the Aussie Royal Airforce and lets just say the where not up to par.

Obviously you never trained with our Marines, Paras or SASR as we have lost 3 or 4 men during the war on terror. Mostly due to the level of training our combat troops get. % wise I think you will find we have lost the least troops of the allied nations.
Spyder
How can we bury them in pig guts when they crash planes into buildings and blow themselves up?

That shit might've worked in 1911, but the 2008 terrorists have C4 and hide it in baby carriages...naw, pigs' blood won't solve that shit.
Mino
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ May 21 2008, 01:31 PM) [snapback]390364[/snapback]
FUCK that "Holy" book!

This is why we lose wars now......because we are too gotdamn PC for our own good.

Black Jack Pershing is spinning in his grave right now over this shit. Here is a man that used fanatical Muslim beliefs against those assholes and it worked VERY WELL....and now we toss guys out for having taget practice with a book!!!!???

MORONIC!

Attempting to stem dicourse....give me a break....all those fuckers do is kill one another....they will do it today because of book taget practice.....they will do it whenever we leave.....they have been doing it forever.

Sand Sucken Dune Coons.....that's what I consider Fanatical Muslims!

Wel ur nothing but a deep southern texan cocksucking Fanatical REDNECK!!!!
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Mino @ May 21 2008, 10:21 PM) [snapback]390405[/snapback]
Wel ur nothing but a deep southern texan cocksucking Fanatical REDNECK!!!!

Nobody was talking about your dear old mom Mino....you queer bait pant load. I'm sick of your bullshit one word/one line responses that are left simply to start shit. I've already ignored a few. You know as well as anybody if you want to argue.....we can do it for pages for days at a time....but try arguing in an intelligent way...instead of simple name calling.

For example....you could have said...."BG I find it VERY OFFENSIVE that you would talk shit about Fanatical Muslims, as I quite enjoy sucking the sand out of their foreskins, it's a hobby my mom taught me that has been handed down from generation to generation"

THEN....I could argue my stance on why I dislike fanatical Muslims dispite your love of Camel Cock!

SEE....I can talk bullshit with the best of them too!

If you want to argue something....by all means do it.....but enough with your bullshit responses.
Warlord
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ May 21 2008, 09:23 PM) [snapback]390395[/snapback]
Obviously you never trained with our Marines, Paras or SASR as we have lost 3 or 4 men during the war on terror. Mostly due to the level of training our combat troops get. % wise I think you will find we have lost the least troops of the allied nations.

Stevenski, I for one find it reprehensible that you are using footage from The Conscience's 14th birthday party as fodder for your latest avatar. I mean, watching that kid get his nuts stomped out for doing something perfectly sane is, quite frankly, disturbing to me.
Douchebag
It's the network.
rusty_trombone
While I don't care about what you do to a retarded book, or flag burning or any of that shit, i do think this a fairly stupid act. Honestly, we stroll up into a country that we're trying to convince we want to help them, and some moron does something like this. All it does is help them recruit more insaneos. While I think getting upset over what someone does to a book, or flag, or a cross, or any inanimate object is retarded and you should be allowed to do whatever you want, unfortunately when you're in the military in a country we're trying to convince we're trying to help, you can't be doing retarded shit like that. You're not an ordinary civilian, sorry. If you want to burn books, just come back to the states, just burn everything except the flag, cause then the might throw you in gitmo.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ May 26 2008, 07:31 PM) [snapback]390707[/snapback]
While I don't care about what you do to a retarded book, or flag burning or any of that shit, i do think this a fairly stupid act. Honestly, we stroll up into a country that we're trying to convince we want to help them, and some moron does something like this. All it does is help them recruit more insaneos. While I think getting upset over what someone does to a book, or flag, or a cross, or any inanimate object is retarded and you should be allowed to do whatever you want, unfortunately when you're in the military in a country we're trying to convince we're trying to help, you can't be doing retarded shit like that. You're not an ordinary civilian, sorry. If you want to burn books, just come back to the states, just burn everything except the flag, cause then the might throw you in gitmo.

Oh I agree....it was a dumbshit move on the part of the soldier. BUT...I don't agree with holding some huge ceremony and kissing a new verision of the book and all that bullshit that was done to atone for it.

You admonish the soldier, issue a formal apology and be done with it.

None of that other shit was needed.

When you do things like that...with the crazed Muzzies...it sets the bar for the next incident. They are the ONLY religion in the world that has not learned to deal with jokes and parody in regard to their religion and icons.

Christains, Jews, Hindu, etc. None of them shit themselves with anger and a demand for mouth watering blood letting if you insult their religion.

I mean the Muzzies are still pissed about the Danish cartoon.....which actually made Muhammed look pretty sweet...with the big bomb on his head and everything...he looked like a bearded Bombman on Megaman!

BGv2.0
See.....stupid over the top bullshit like that....leads to nonsense like this....

http://blogs.usatoday.com/entertainment/20...-sc.html?csp=34

"A Dunkin' Donuts ad featuring Rachael Ray wearing a scarf that looks like a keffiyeh, a traditional headdress worn by Arab men, has been yanked. "The keffiyeh has come to symbolize murderous Palestinian jihad," said conservative Fox News commentator Michelle Malkin, fueling the controversy.

Dunkin' says in a statement that the scarf was "selected by (Ray's) stylist for the advertising shoot. Absolutely no symbolism was intended. However, given the possibility of misperception, we are no longer using the commercial."

Although I personally think Malkin is a gook in serious need of an ass reaming....it still just goes to show how OVER sensitive folks have become to shit that even remotely LOOK Middle Eastern. Dunkin Donuts probally yanked the ad for fear of pissing off Muslims that do not want anything that even simply LOOKS like something they wear....

Their fear I'm sure is ALLAH related.

They had better be glad I'm not the CEO of the company, as I would have released the following press release.

" Dunkin Donuts would like to make clear that the item the sweet, baking, little pixie Rachael Ray was wearing was indeed a scarf and NOT a "keffiyeh". We have no plans to remove her sweet little, expensive face from any of our ads. For any Muslims that may still in some way or another be offended, please stop by any local Dunkin Donuts and you will recieve a free donut, that you can fuck the hole of....because your out out of your Allah loving mind if you think we are yanking this ad!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.