Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great Idea for a Boxing Video Game
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
I've had this thought for awhile on an idea for a boxing video game and I don't know if it's been done. Now I haven't played hardly any boxing games.

The only games I've really played was Sega's "Legends of the Ring", PSX's "Knockout Kings 2000" and "PSX's "Ready 2 Rumble 1 & 2"

Now I liked how in Knockout Kings 2000, you could start out at the bottom, and work your way up. Build up your stamina, speed, power, etc, and work your way up until you get to #1 and then you have to face all the like...5 or 6 champions throughout history for the belt.

But what if you could take that and tweak it a little bit.

Say there are five main weight classes.

Lightweight

Welterweight

Middleweight

Cruiserweight

Heavyweight

You have the option of choosing a "CAREER MODE" in which you begin at lightweight. You go through all the steps I mentioned above, and you make it all the way to the top of the lightweights, win all the belts. Then instead of that being that, you have an option of bulking up the body size and start fighting the welters.

Your stamina/speed/power etc would have been near 100 each under lightweight which would be near max, but Welterweight goes up to 175 or 200. So you're basically starting back over in welter. You work your way up all the way through the top, beat the 5 boxers at Welter, and then move up to Middleweight, and so on until you beat the top 5 heavyweights of all time (according to the game).

That would be awesome. Obviously there'd be some flaws with what I pointed out, mainly with the jumps in weight, but I think you could do this. I think it would bea helluva good boxing game and a great extra on a game.

For all I know it's already been done and people hate it.

Aside from that, what are some boxing games you recommend for Playstation/Playstation 2?

I have a PS2 and while I loved knockout kings 2000, I hated 2001 because they changed the fucking configurations and I had gotten used to the buttons that did the flurries, and the various punches.

I hate games that go and "improve" shit to the point that I don't even have interest in the game anymore.

Like NFL Blitz. That's the shit when it comes to playing football, but no, they go and do that bullshit Blitz the League where you inject the players with steroids and all kinds of dumb shit.

And they just change so much shit up that it's no longer resembling what you liked in the game to start with.
Spyder
What if your guy has no pop in his punches and gets beat around the ring...can you drop back down to 140 like Ricky Hatton did?

Byrd Man
Not sure about THAT
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ May 21 2008, 09:25 PM) [snapback]390396[/snapback]
I've had this thought for awhile on an idea for a boxing video game and I don't know if it's been done. Now I haven't played hardly any boxing games.

The only games I've really played was Sega's "Legends of the Ring", PSX's "Knockout Kings 2000" and "PSX's "Ready 2 Rumble 1 & 2"

Now I liked how in Knockout Kings 2000, you could start out at the bottom, and work your way up. Build up your stamina, speed, power, etc, and work your way up until you get to #1 and then you have to face all the like...5 or 6 champions throughout history for the belt.

But what if you could take that and tweak it a little bit.

Say there are five main weight classes.

Lightweight

Welterweight

Middleweight

Cruiserweight

Heavyweight

You have the option of choosing a "CAREER MODE" in which you begin at lightweight. You go through all the steps I mentioned above, and you make it all the way to the top of the lightweights, win all the belts. Then instead of that being that, you have an option of bulking up the body size and start fighting the welters.

Your stamina/speed/power etc would have been near 100 each under lightweight which would be near max, but Welterweight goes up to 175 or 200. So you're basically starting back over in welter. You work your way up all the way through the top, beat the 5 boxers at Welter, and then move up to Middleweight, and so on until you beat the top 5 heavyweights of all time (according to the game).

That would be awesome. Obviously there'd be some flaws with what I pointed out, mainly with the jumps in weight, but I think you could do this. I think it would bea helluva good boxing game and a great extra on a game.

For all I know it's already been done and people hate it.

Aside from that, what are some boxing games you recommend for Playstation/Playstation 2?

I have a PS2 and while I loved knockout kings 2000, I hated 2001 because they changed the fucking configurations and I had gotten used to the buttons that did the flurries, and the various punches.

I hate games that go and "improve" shit to the point that I don't even have interest in the game anymore.

Like NFL Blitz. That's the shit when it comes to playing football, but no, they go and do that bullshit Blitz the League where you inject the players with steroids and all kinds of dumb shit.

And they just change so much shit up that it's no longer resembling what you liked in the game to start with.

you can move up and down in weight on fight night round 3...
BigJuicyHog
I think that a great idea for a boxing game would be to have a more simulation aspect to go along with the boxing part. For example, you choose how often you want to fight, there are a list of cards and possible opponents for the cards and you choose that way. You build rivalries with other fighters and you negotiate your contracts, have trainer squabbles and issues with your promoter. Also, some champions may duck you, and you have to do a number of things to get the public to force the champ into the fight.
AussieLad
Yeah i think you can move up and down divisions in other games

What i think hasnt been done is a Boxing Sims game... where you get to play a fighter like PBF, dissing people at press conferences, holding up chickens etc..., buying obscene amounts of bling, go jogging with a set of hum vee's trailing along behind you blaring rap music out of giant speakers mounted to the roof, screaming round your mansion on a segway, going on dancing with the stars...

Avoiding the best current fighters in each division, while slagging them off in the media at the same time, then fighting the current "zab judah" of the day instead, then waiting for that threatening opponent to lose so you could use that as proof they werent worthy of ever stepping in the ring with you anyway.... that would be a crucial part of the game and succesfully pulling it off would get you bonus points cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.