Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NBA Playoffs
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
BigG
Discuss.
D-MARV
Lakes Vs Detroit!!!!

Lakers win in 6. Kobe is the man! Again!
Mean Mister Mustard
Bryant got his act together and may bring the Lakers to their former glory.

Detroit-Boston is going to be close, can't believe the Pistons beat them in Boston. I was hoping the Celtics wouldn't lose at home, that way it would alway be their secret weapon.
iron_mike
LA in 6! I really wanted LAL vs Detroit rematch of 2004, but who's gonna stop Kobe? Ray Allen? Game 1 line so far Boston giving 2.5. Thats a steal, just like LA will steal homecourt advantage. Go Lakers!
BigG
Lakers in 5...Kobe is the man right now.
iron_mike
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jun 4 2008, 05:58 PM) [snapback]391414[/snapback]
Lakers in 5...Kobe is the man right now.

Agreed! He's gonna come out with a vengence. They gonna double and triple him, then u got Fish, Sasha(not even gonna attempt to spell his last name) Vladdy with open 3s. Just don't let Odom take dumb shots. I swear he thinks he's a point guard sometimes. The whole bench steps up-Farmar, Turiaf, its over. But KG is hungry for a ring. Either way it'll be a great series but LA will take it.
Mean Mister Mustard
Lakers didn't look like monsters in this one. Can't wait for game 2.
iron_mike
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 6 2008, 12:30 PM) [snapback]391551[/snapback]
Lakers didn't look like monsters in this one. Can't wait for game 2.

Apparently, jersey grabbing for rebounds is allowed in the finals. I've never seen so many pitty pat calls in a FINALS game. How bout Gasol's CLEAN block on KG. Corruption is alive and well amongst refs. Kobe didn't explode, but I got faith in LA to take this. Boston are scared children away from home.
BigG
Lakers up 9...the euro guy from their bench is stepping up. 12 points and 3 rebounds
Mean Mister Mustard
Well, LA won at home. It is to be expected. But man Boston put up a fight. This is going to be a great series.
iron_mike
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 11 2008, 10:35 AM) [snapback]392188[/snapback]
Well, LA won at home. It is to be expected. But man Boston put up a fight. This is going to be a great series.

I hope they win the next 2 and steal game 6 in Boston. But it can't be Kobe/Sasha, Kobe/Gasol, its gotta be all 5 plus the bench. If they can come from 24 down in Boston to almost win, they can win there. Stop with the bullshit pitty pat calls and non calls though.
Mean Mister Mustard
Yaeh most people are comlainging about the ref's calls. I am a casual NBA viewer so I don't understand half the rules.
iron_mike
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 11 2008, 11:17 AM) [snapback]392192[/snapback]
Yaeh most people are comlainging about the ref's calls. I am a casual NBA viewer so I don't understand half the rules.

Sorry I left my NBA rulebook at home, but I'm pretty sure that if you are going up for an offensive or defensive rebound, and your opponent grabs your jersey or holds your arm so you can't get the rebound THAT IS A FOUL. Game 2, Pau Gasol had a CLEAN block on Garnett, no physical contact at all, all ball, and they call a foul on Gasol. Thay were calling fouls BEFORE any contact was made by the Lakers. Kobe went to the FT line more times in the 1st qtr last night than he did the entire 1st half in game 2. I hate these refs with their agendas. Did they put a sizable bet on Boston????
Douchebag
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Jun 11 2008, 12:13 PM) [snapback]392201[/snapback]
Sorry I left my NBA rulebook at home, but I'm pretty sure that if you are going up for an offensive or defensive rebound, and your opponent grabs your jersey or holds your arm so you can't get the rebound THAT IS A FOUL. Game 2, Pau Gasol had a CLEAN block on Garnett, no physical contact at all, all ball, and they call a foul on Gasol. Thay were calling fouls BEFORE any contact was made by the Lakers. Kobe went to the FT line more times in the 1st qtr last night than he did the entire 1st half in game 2. I hate these refs with their agendas. Did they put a sizable bet on Boston????

Boston is 6. Book it. Kobe can't do it by himself and when Boston decides to REALLY play defense they have to the tools shut everybody that isn't Kobe Bryant down.
iron_mike
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jun 11 2008, 12:21 PM) [snapback]392203[/snapback]
Boston is 6. Book it. Kobe can't do it by himself and when Boston decides to REALLY play defense they have to the tools shut everybody that isn't Kobe Bryant down.

Not if LA plays some D and Pau and Lamar can score more than 4 pts combined. Bos bench is better than LA bench, but I still think LA 3 in a row. And double up on KG and Gasol has to stop giving him that 18 ft jumper cause he will hit that consistently.
Douchebag
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Jun 11 2008, 12:52 PM) [snapback]392206[/snapback]
Not if LA plays some D and Pau and Lamar can score more than 4 pts combined. Bos bench is better than LA bench, but I still think LA 3 in a row. And double up on KG and Gasol has to stop giving him that 18 ft jumper cause he will hit that consistently.

You make the mistake of thinking that Gasol has heart. The dude is softer than a kashmeire rug. When Pierce and KG are both on the Laker D gets spread too thin. Like I said Boston takes one in LA and closes the show in Bean Town.
iron_mike
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jun 11 2008, 02:09 PM) [snapback]392218[/snapback]
You make the mistake of thinking that Gasol has heart. The dude is softer than a kashmeire rug. When Pierce and KG are both on the Laker D gets spread too thin. Like I said Boston takes one in LA and closes the show in Bean Town.

Gasol has a soft touch, similar to fat Zach Randolph. I wouldn't say he has no heart, but he is not aggresive in the paint. Wish Bynum was healthy, so Odom could sit his thinks he's a point guard ass on the bench. If Boston wins, at least KG gets his ring, which he deserves. Just dont want the refs deciding the game with bs calls and no calls. Kobe will save the day, LA in 6.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Maybe the fix is on in this series as well.... just kidding. For real though, I heard about that bullshit yesterday, and it is kinda sickening. Anyway, this series has some potential to be a classic, but I think the Celtics will pull one of these games out in LA, and finish them in game 6. Garnett and Pierce didn't play all that great yesterday, and they still almost pulled it out. In fact, they should of pulled it out after that 3rd quarter. They had the momentum, but couldn't slam the door. I think the celts will win game 4, lakers will squeek out game 5, and the celtics will finish them in 6.
BigG
Well no one can stop Kobe really. Boston will win this thing. Peirce on a good day is good enough to match Kobe and he plays better defense. Plus you Boston you got an all around monster in KG and a total sharpshooter in Ray Allen. Boston just seems better as a team.
iron_mike
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jun 11 2008, 06:44 PM) [snapback]392272[/snapback]
Well no one can stop Kobe really. Boston will win this thing. Peirce on a good day is good enough to match Kobe and he plays better defense. Plus you Boston you got an all around monster in KG and a total sharpshooter in Ray Allen. Boston just seems better as a team.

NO ONE IN THIS LEAGUE ON THEIR BEST DAY CAN MATCH KOBE. I am not a huge Kobe fan, Pierce is a great all around player, but that's just ridiculous to say he can match Kobe on a good day. Boston is a powerhouse, but they are not the unbeatable monsters everyone thinks they are. 8th seed Atlanta took them to 7, Cleveland took them to 7, Detroit beat them at home but fell short. LA came back from 24 down in game 2, but too little too late. Maybe Boston will win, but they ain't winning at Staples Center. I'll put money on that, and I honor my bets unlike certain fish-eg: Mino, guppies, anchovies, welchers, etc.
D-MARV
The lakers are spanking that ass right now
iron_mike
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jun 12 2008, 09:57 PM) [snapback]392439[/snapback]
The lakers are spanking that ass right now

Wish the line wasn't 7.5. I put 150 on LA. They will win, just hope they cover. Lamar playing possesed!
D-MARV
Unreal! Im at a loss for words... unsure.gif
iron_mike
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jun 13 2008, 06:13 AM) [snapback]392461[/snapback]
Unreal! Im at a loss for words... unsure.gif

Must've had a chicken bone stuck in their throats cuase they FUKIN CHOKED. Shit, 26 pt lead? Amother 20 pt lead-68 48? Well game 5 is a win, but back to back in Boston would take a couple of 81 pt games from Kobe. It ain't over til it's over
Douchebag
I told you guys, it's Boston in 6. They just have a better all around team.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jun 13 2008, 01:18 PM) [snapback]392494[/snapback]
I told you guys, it's Boston in 6. They just have a better all around team.

Like I said, I am only a casual basketball viewer but I had also read the same thing from other NBA fans. The Celtics dug deep and came through. Did the Lakers choke did Boston figure them out? Whatever the case, the Lakers are against the ropes right now and they better answer back with something.
Douchebag
Did I call it or did I call it? Laker fans are MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDddddd. LOL
Mean Mister Mustard
The Celtics blew them out. This was the equivalent of Hopkins-Trinidad.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 18 2008, 07:48 AM) [snapback]392896[/snapback]
The Celtics blew them out. This was the equivalent of Hopkins-Trinidad.

I could not believe it as it was happening. I thought the Lakers would at least make it interesting. If I where blame anybody on the Laker team for being embarrassed like that it would be Pau Gasol with Kobe Bryant right after.
BigG
Props to Celtics..they had a great game. Garnett-Allen with 26 points each..Peirce with 10 assassists....

Kobe was 7-22 from the field. Lakers got killed.
iron_mike
I thought LA would at least put up a fighting effort to stay alive and then more than likely Boston would win game 7. They looked like lazy, confused chickens with their heads cut off. When Kobe hit 3 3's in the 1st, I thought damn this is gonna be good. But Boston exploded like a volcano in the 2nd. I stopped watching at halftime, occasionally checking in. Not an LA fan, less of a Boston fan, but I've always liked Garnett and now he's got a ring. Doc Rivers is ok too. Pierce, Allen, Rondo, Posey, Cassell I can take them or leave them. But FUCK PJ Brown, dirty ass player.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.