Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great Press Conference - Cotto - Margarto - Arum
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
salvador
The press conference for this fight (front page video) was great. Both guys were classy without being boring. Arum summed it up best (paraphrasing) "When you watch this great fight, remember this press conference and remember how these two warriors conducted themselves. And then compare it to the press conference you're going to see a month from now (DLH-Floyd 2) and remember how they (DLH-Floyd) talked and then watch how they fight. There's a sucker born every minute."

So fucking true!

oozemcbuck
QUOTE(salvador @ May 24 2008, 12:17 PM) [snapback]390514[/snapback]
The press conference for this fight (front page video) was great. Both guys were classy without being boring. Arum summed it up best (paraphrasing) "When you watch this great fight, remember this press conference and remember how these two warriors conducted themselves. And then compare it to the press conference you're going to see a month from now (DLH-Floyd 2) and remember how they (DLH-Floyd) talked and then watch how they fight. There's a sucker born every minute."

So fucking true!

damn right !!! clapping.gif
KookedKrack
If Floyd Oscar 2 was promoted by Arum he would be singing a different tune....
D-MARV
Arum is speaking the truth (except the sucker part)!
I can't see how PBF & DLH are suckers when they will be pulling 4 or 5 times as much as Margarito-Cotto. The only suckers are us! (the ones that will buy the PPV)
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Vodoo
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 24 2008, 02:11 PM) [snapback]390541[/snapback]
Arum is speaking the truth (except the sucker part)!
I can't see how PBF & DLH are suckers when they will be pulling 4 or 5 times as much as Margarito-Cotto. The only suckers are us! (the ones that will buy the PPV)
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

The us, or should I say y'all is who he was referring to from the start.
KookedKrack
Im not a female scrap so quit stalking every post i make nono.gif @ your homo tenancies

and Im not arguing that its not the truth but lets all act like arum hasn't put on a bs ppv's before

gods son
so what happened?? sum it up for me plz!!
salvador
QUOTE(gods son @ May 24 2008, 04:24 PM) [snapback]390545[/snapback]
so what happened?? sum it up for me plz!!

go to the front page and play the video
KookedKrack

I see this fight as an easy win for cotto but in arum's mind its rocky 4 with a puerto rican and a mexican.

laugh.gif @ the thought of me getting worked up by some bucktooth internet stalker i know this is your life but the internet is not real.

KookedKrack
QUOTE(Fitz @ May 24 2008, 10:46 PM) [snapback]390601[/snapback]
maybe you should fuck off

laugh.gif laugh.gif u unhappy scrappy?
KookedKrack
the tats are on my neck not face but damn now your spending your days glazed at my picture? and by your post count it seems you live most of your life through your ethernet cable laugh.gif and lemme guess because i have tattoos ive given up on life smh at this ignorance i don't have to son you anymore your doing a good job by yourself
pastor method
bob arum is full of shit just like any other boxing promoter, but that is a fantastic quote.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
"there's a sucker born every minute."

Well if anyone would know it would be Arum.

Just recently he charged 'suckers' to go watch Cotto beat the snot out of Gomez and very soon he'll be charging more 'suckers' to go see Pavlik beat the bejesus out of Lockett (who he?)

Yep if anyone can identify a room full of suckers it's Bob.

He also aint half bad at selling the public lemons, a tasty combo (see his claim-when still promoting him- that PBF was the best boxer in the sport since Sugar Ray ROBINSON).
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(salvador @ May 24 2008, 12:17 PM) [snapback]390514[/snapback]

So fucking true!

Arum's just mad that that fight is going to make more than his.
D-MARV
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ May 26 2008, 07:28 PM) [snapback]390701[/snapback]
Arum's just mad that that fight is going to make more than his.

Agreed!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.