Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hatton vs. Laczano: Round by Round/PostFight (On Verses at 2:30 PM CST)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Hi All,

Follow all of the FightHype round by round action for Hatton-Laczano here:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyround2658.html

Keep all comments about the fight in this thread. Please do not create spoiler threads or duplicate threads, showing consideration for those who may be recording the card to watch later.

Enjoy the fight.

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Im actually pretty hyped for this fight. I'm a big fan of Malignaggi, and look foreward to see how he looks after his fight against Ngoudjo. That was a tough fight, but I think he'll look impressive this time. N'Dou has wanted this fight for a long time though, so he knows this might be his last shot. I look for him to come out urgently. Ill still take Malignaggi by wide decision though.

Hatton is coming off a rough fight as well. I'm curious to see where his mental state is after getting stopped for the first time. People may not believe it, but it's on your mind in that ring, especially the first round. After i got stopped for the first time, it was hard to shake it off. However, Hatton's one tough dude. Lazcano will give him some problems, but Hatton should be able to handle him. Lazcano couldn't handle the pressure of Castillo, and his career has gone downhill since then. We'll see if he can pull it together on the biggest stage he's been on.
Romulus9
Paul looks awful. Absolutely awful. Yes, his hair is a distraction and looks ridiculous but that's not the problem. His legs are dead. He's standing flatfooted, very little lateral movement, and refuses to let his hands go.

I've got the fight even after 8. This is a guy he flat embarrassed last year.
KookedKrack
its still on the under card, what the fuck is up with Malignaggi's hair ... ahh they cut that shit off in between round 8 and 9 LMAO
FenderDG3
Yeah Paulie's boxing looks almost as bad as his hair does. I was always bothered by an athlete who styled their hair before a game let alone a boxer who frosted his tips and gelled up the front before a bout. I didn't think it could get any worse then I tune in to Versus and see that crap Paulie has on his head.
Romulus9
Why is Mickey Vann allowed to officiate fights anymore? His card in Chavez-Whitaker was awful so that DQ'd him as a respectable judge. But how many times is he going to warn N'dou for hitting behind the head? 30?
Romulus9
Well that was a huge dump truck full of suck. I had it 114-114 but no one can argue if N'dou gets a decision here. Absolutely awful.
JD
Thats two poor performances in a row by Malignaggi, after looking terrific against N'Dou the first time.

Stupid move with the hair. Injured right hand. Poor gameplan.

Hatton tears Paulie up.
Romulus9
An A+ Malignaggi beats Hatton on points. What we've seen recently loses to Hatton easily.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea it was a pretty bad performance by Malignaggi, but N'Dou didn't do too well either. Malignaggi still has a nice jab, and can put together some combos and thats what took this fight tonight. I had it 115-113 for Paulie, and actually didn't think he looked too bad in rounds 2-6. After he got stunned by that right in the 7th though it went downhill. He got outfought in the 11th and 12th rounds, but still pulled it out. Hopefully his hand isn't too messed up to go ahead with a fight against Hatton. This wasn't a good fight to take, and nothing good could of came out of it. That hair was ridiculous, and he's an idiot for that, but shit happens. Lets see how he looks in his next fight.
JD
QUOTE(wvu8893 @ May 24 2008, 04:43 PM) [snapback]390551[/snapback]
An A+ Malignaggi beats Hatton on points. What we've seen recently loses to Hatton easily.

An A+ Malignaggi could beat Hatton. Not sure if he does, but I can certainly understand someone picking him to do so.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I'll still pick him to beat Hatton, but I know its a biased pick. However, I can admit if he fights like he did in his last two fights, he will go down hard. He better not take the fight with Hatton unless that hand is healthy. He's a much better fighter than this, and I think it will show against Hatton. This is all assuming Hatton wins too. Lazcano is no pushover, and he will put up a good fight tonight. Like I said earlier, that mental state after getting stopped plays a big part tonight. There will be at least one time tonight he will think about it in the ring.
JD
Malignaggi is a very good fighter with a very good chin, and underrated toughness. He has nice handspeed, good legs, nice movement, and is tough to hit WHEN he is at his best.

I have no problem with Paulie as a fighter at all, I just think that Hatton works him over and wins a decision - like I said, I can understand someone picking the best version of Malignaggi to beat him though...not sure I agree, but I would still like to see it.
D-MARV
First round in the bag and I dont like the way Ricky Hatton is looking. He got tagged with a few shots and he looks slower.
I hope he is just warming up
JD
This is a damn good fight.
The CEO
damn....this Hatton character sure is one sorry excuse for a boxer.

All he does is charge in punching so he can get inside to maul and hold....

JD
Hatton's style certainly has morphed from what it once was.

He used to prefer bouncing to the left, firing to the body then upstairs...bouncing to the right, letting his hands go...backing off, than shooting in from an angle again behind a jab. Now he comes in straight, fires some shots and roughhouses.

It is unfortunate...his style was always rough and physical, but it used to be exciting and he really showed good skill.
The CEO
He even has the hometown ref at his beck and call...y'all see him giving those "help me" looks?

I don't like this Hatton kid at all....
D-MARV
This is one hell of a fight!!!!!!! Not fight of the year but a damn good fight
The CEO
QUOTE(JD @ May 24 2008, 05:36 PM) [snapback]390559[/snapback]
Hatton's style certainly has morphed from what it once was.

He used to prefer bouncing to the left, firing to the body then upstairs...bouncing to the right, letting his hands go...backing off, than shooting in from an angle again behind a jab. Now he comes in straight, fires some shots and roughhouses.

It is unfortunate...his style was always rough and physical, but it used to be exciting and he really showed good skill.

It's fun acting like I don't know about him....lol

and you're right....I wanted to like Hatton...but he changed big time.....he was an exciting fighter to watch until he raped Tszyu that night....
JD
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ May 24 2008, 05:42 PM) [snapback]390562[/snapback]
It's fun acting like I don't know about him....lol

and you're right....I wanted to like Hatton...but he changed big time.....he was an exciting fighter to watch until he raped Tszyu that night....

LOL...is that what it was? Sorry man...I blew your spot up.

I still like him, he is an affable character...but as a fighter, he has regressed consistently.
JLUVBABY
hatton will get murdered by mayweather if ever they fight again...
The CEO
Yeah...you killed it...laugh.gif

Hatton is gassed like I thought...getting ROCKED by little old Lazcano...
JLUVBABY
and this ref. sucks...
D-MARV
This is a joke. Hatton gets hurt and then the ref gives him 5 minutes to recover...LOL
JD
LOL...this ref is terrible.
The CEO
wait a second...did the ref just SAVE Hatton? I was typing...
JD
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ May 24 2008, 05:47 PM) [snapback]390569[/snapback]
wait a second...did the ref just SAVE Hatton? I was typing...

He may not have saved him...but he helped him...a lot.
D-MARV
O.K... Ricky Hatton did not look good but still a good fight
was this Post Floyd Syndrome?
Juan Laczano?
Ricky's Chest Virus?
Or a little of all?
hornitosmonster
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 24 2008, 09:58 PM) [snapback]390571[/snapback]
Juan Laczano?
Ricky's Chest Virus?
Or a little of all?

Hatton looked like shit. He is getting close to being done. Cotto will end his career. No rematch with Mayweather is needed.
The CEO
I like how the announcers are bashing Hatton....calling him past it...saying it's bullshit he's #8 P4P in The Ring's rankings...

I can't believe it took so many people so long to realize that Hatton is garbage...
D-MARV
120-108.................. wtf.gif
WOW! What a Joke
JD
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 24 2008, 05:58 PM) [snapback]390571[/snapback]
Juan Laczano?
Ricky's Chest Virus?
Or a little of all?

Anyone's guess.

Lazcano has never been stopped...Hatton was ill just before the fight...Hatton has consistently regressed...he was coming off being starched by Floyd...probably a little bit of everything mentioned.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 24 2008, 04:59 PM) [snapback]390574[/snapback]
120-108.................. wtf.gif
WOW! What a Joke

you beat me too it, I was going to say the same thing.
JLUVBABY
120-110... come on juan did win a few rounds.. i gave him 3 rounds... but hatton needs to stay away from mayweather... or any other elite fighter.... at least for now... i'd like to see him fight bradley....
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That was a solid fight. I had it 117-111, but Lazcano did really well in there. That damn ref did save Hatton in the 10th round after those left hooks. That dude was out on his feet falling forward, and kept grabbing. The ref though warns Lazcano, and then has Hatton's shoes tied. That was some bullshit right there, and that ref is a joke. I mean WTF he's holding all night, and looks to the ref for help. The judges who had that a shutout are wrong too. Lazcano had him hurt TWICE and had Hatton stumbling around too. Give at least one round to Lazcano. Not trying to say he came close to winning, but Hatton is in trouble. Malignaggi is going to dominate Hatton, and I dont care how shitty Paulie looked.
JD
QUOTE(hornitosmonster @ May 24 2008, 05:59 PM) [snapback]390572[/snapback]
Hatton looked like shit. He is getting close to being done. Cotto will end his career. No rematch with Mayweather is needed.

Hornito...what's good, man?
hornitosmonster
QUOTE(JD @ May 24 2008, 10:02 PM) [snapback]390579[/snapback]
Hornito...what's good, man?

Whats up. Living in Phoenix now. Was a good move from Cali
JD
QUOTE(hornitosmonster @ May 24 2008, 06:06 PM) [snapback]390580[/snapback]
Whats up. Living in Phoenix now. Was a good move from Cali

Good for you, bro.

Good luck.

Same stuff here...working...traveling...watching boxing....waiting for football...
gods son
hatton is safe at 140..he can beat up malinaggi, no sweat!

salvador
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 24 2008, 05:47 PM) [snapback]390567[/snapback]
This is a joke. Hatton gets hurt and then the ref gives him 5 minutes to recover...LOL

That was over the top corruption. I seriously can't believe that ref and I can't believe the commentators didn't go crazy. It was so transparent. And that, combined with the 120-108 score card, should be more than enough to launch some kind of investigation. I don't even think Don King would expect anything as brazen out of one of his refs.
sweetchuck
I actually only gave Laczano the tenth round. He wasn't doing much in the 8th until he hurt Hatton and then Hatton followed up and landed some solid punches of his own before the end of the round. I guess you could give Laczano the 8th, but I'm the type that will give a round to a guy who lands a few good punches and losing the rest of the round especially when the other fighter landed just as good of punches. It was an entertaining fight and I think Hatton going to have more entertaining fights now that he isn't as quick on his feet and he's wearing down. I did not like the fact that the referee halted the action when Hatton was hurt, but then again Laczano had 11 other rounds to do something to win the fight.

Paulie did impress anyone, but the fact that he looked vulnerable will keep him in the running for the Hatton fight that I think he has a good chance to outbox Hatton. That is if his hands can hold up and he has a proper hair style.
KookedKrack
da fuck was this fixed shit hatton would look at the ref whenever he would want him to step in, the 5 minute rest, the 120-108 card.... hatton did not look good but neither did paulie. I can see paulie out boxing him but hopefully this fight does not take place overseas.
hardhead
QUOTE(sweetchuck @ May 24 2008, 11:32 PM) [snapback]390589[/snapback]
I actually only gave Laczano the tenth round. He wasn't doing much in the 8th until he hurt Hatton and then Hatton followed up and landed some solid punches of his own before the end of the round. I guess you could give Laczano the 8th, but I'm the type that will give a round to a guy who lands a few good punches and losing the rest of the round especially when the other fighter landed just as good of punches. It was an entertaining fight and I think Hatton going to have more entertaining fights now that he isn't as quick on his feet and he's wearing down. I did not like the fact that the referee halted the action when Hatton was hurt, but then again Laczano had 11 other rounds to do something to win the fight.

Paulie did impress anyone, but the fact that he looked vulnerable will keep him in the running for the Hatton fight that I think he has a good chance to outbox Hatton. That is if his hands can hold up and he has a proper hair style.

Yea, I gave Lazcano 2 or 3 rounds tops, and while Hatton certainly didn't look his best he did a good job working the body and landing the big shots upstairs and kept the pressure on an aging, old tough vet in Lazcano who depsite having moments couldn't keep up with even this version of Hatton. There was a couple scary moments, especially in the 10th, but I'm going to cut Ricky a little slack since he is coming off his first career loss by knockout on the biggest stage.. Plus Lazcano is a very rugged, tough ass fighter, and add the fact that Hatton is not a big puncher either..

Hatton was indeed helped e by that untied shoe string, that left hook that Lazcano landed looked almost identical to the one Mayweather hit him with. He definitely looked in big trouble and I thought lazcano was maybe going to pull it out at that moment..
Mean Mister Mustard
I was not able to see but it seems both Hatton and Malignaggi sucked tonight. Hatton, ever since the Tzyu win has always been a hot-cold fighter, performance wise. He looked good in one fight, awful in another, then good again. But struggling against Lazcano? He's the type of fighter Hatton loves to take on, slow in hand and foot speed and pressure fighters. What happened to Hatton?
BigG
Hatton would get crushed by any top fighter at 147.

I think Hatton-Malignaggi at his best would be a good close fight.

A bit dissapointed that Paulie didn't dominate N'Dou again but he won
BrutalBodyShots
I only saw rounds 9-12 of the Hatton fight, and then just the highlight clips after from all 12 rounds. From what I saw, Hatton got hit WAY too much. I mean he always gets hit, but I really think he's taking too many shots at this stage of the game. Without question he was rocked and hurt a few times, so maybe he's still feeling the after affects of the Mayweather fight? He's not going to have too many years left in him if he keeps taking the shots he's been taking.

Jack 1000
I had Malignaggi-N'dou 115-113 for Paulie. But as said he looked terrible. gave several middle rounds to N'dou that the commentators gave to Paulie. I think the next decent fighter that Paulie fights will beat him.

Hatton-Laczano I had for Hatton, 118-110. The wide score does not detract from Hatton's deterioration as a fighter since the Tszyu fight. It is uncertain how much he has recovered from the Mayweather KO loss. I will give him some slack for this being his first fight back. Let's see how he does next time. However, his grab and hold style I don't think will ever change.

Jack
dbdbdb
Not much to say about this poor evening of boxing.

Too bad the younger Hatton couldn't get his fight fixed laugh.gif

Paulie, WTF is up with the hair dude?

It seem's aparently clear that Hatton left behind more in the ring {PBF vs Hatton} than his undefeated record.

Boring!!!!! dntknw.gif
sweetchuck
I have always found it funny that when a fighter doesn't do what everyone expects him to do he's shot. Everyone expected Hatton to knockout Laczano and since he didn't he's shot. You have to remember Laczano has only one knockout loss and that was 10 years ago. Hatton dominated this fight, he admitted that part of the problem was the illness he had in addition to coming off of the loss to Floyd Mayweather. I think you guys need to calm down and let the guy have an off night. Funny Paulie had a huge off night and no one's calling him shot and between him and Hatton he could be the more shot fighter due to his hands being shot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.