Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ricky Hatton vs Paulie Malignaggi
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Okay, Paulie was somewhat dissapointing vs. N'Dou the 2nd time...didn't dominate him like he did the first time. But he might have fractured his hand...he's had alot of hand problems in the past.

I don't think Ricky is past-it like some people think...maybe a little bit slower? He looked like typical Ricky Hatton to me.

I still think Paulie has the style to make Ricky look like shit.
streetlion1
Agreed. Hatton has a style that gives SOME people problems...but those with boxing skill can chop him up because of his poor defense. There is very little doubt in my mind that Paulie handles Hatton pretty easily.
JD
Easily?

Hmmmm...Paulie didn't handle Ngoudjo, or N'Dou (the second time around) easily, and I think Hatton is a better version of a pressure fighter than either of them. Better power, much better legs, much better handspeed, more physical.

I do not like what I see out of Hatton these days, but the same goes for Paulie as well.

I am going Hatton via decision.
D-MARV
Give me Paulie by Split Decision...

I think Hatton is custom made for a slick boxer like Paulie. He jumps in Wide Open and I see Paulie picking him off. Paulie is very tough and durable. (He survived 12 rounds with Cotto) I see Hatton's pressure being trouble in the early stages but I think Paulie's Toughness will overcome that. I see Paulie Pop Shot Hatton somewhat Like Mayweather did.
I see Paulie winning this fight in a very clear decision.

Slick Boxers like Collazo, Mayweather have given Hatton Hell. I don't see no difference in this fight. Paulie by SD, but a fight that I feel he clearly wins!
rusty_trombone
Who knows what to expect out of a guy who breaks his hand every fight? Maybe it's time to find a new craft... I like Hatton by close decision, especially if the fight is in the UK.
Method
Hatton might ruin Paulie...
D-MARV
QUOTE(Method @ May 27 2008, 05:00 PM) [snapback]390744[/snapback]
Hatton might ruin Paulie...

Paulie might ruin Hatton...
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 27 2008, 05:48 PM) [snapback]390745[/snapback]
Paulie might ruin Hatton...

Nah, Paulie won't ever "ruin" anyone.

treyes7123
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ May 27 2008, 04:24 PM) [snapback]390749[/snapback]
Nah, Paulie won't ever "ruin" anyone.

Agreed. I think it was Lederman who once said, "He floats like a butterfly and stings like a butterfly".
JD
How's Paulie going to ruin Hatton...with movement?
D-MARV
In defense of my prior statement...
I have always been high on Paulie. This guy possesses and has shown some great boxing skills. He has heart, a solid chin, good movement, really good jab, fast hands, and he is willing to exchange if he has to. I feel that this is a bad match for Hatton style wise. When I say that he can ruin Hatton I don't mean that he will go in there and knock Hatton out. I mean he has the "potential" to go in there and make Hatton look silly over 12 rounds. On saturday I saw a Vulnerable Ricky Hatton and a unmotivated Paulie. If Paulie gets motivated for this fight which I think he will I think he would easily box his way to a decision
The CEO
It's a bullshit fight between two also rans...that's what I think...lol

but seriously...I think Paulie will last the full 12 and rightfully win by Decision in America....that being said...he would get robbed and lose 117-111 in Manchester.

kidbazooka1
Paulie has to be the most f*cking boring and annoying fighter going today if they fight I hope Hatton whoops his ass from pillar to post.
Big Slim Sweet
I like Hatton in this one by messy UD.
BigJuicyHog
Paulie will not win this fight. Hatton by somewhat wide decision. Hatton blasts him to the body all night and Paulie exchanges more than he rightfully should.
BGv2.0
All Ricky has to do is target the gimps hands....easy win.

I'd be punching his hands like they were his face for the first few rounds....
BoxingStill#1

Paulie doesnt have the type of defense to keep Hatton at bay,.....nor does he have the power to make Hatton pay for them leading left hooks that Hatton seems to jump in with.

Really anybody with a well timed left hook can knock out Hatton it seems...........it alomst happened the same way........

Hatton is in real trouble,....wide open to counter left hooks because he is so predictable before he punches......

In addition so is Paulie,.....wide open to any over hand right beacuse he doesnt believe he needs to keep his left hand alive.....

The thing I dont understand about Paulie is he doesnt have to get in these grueling, rough fights. He has the ability to control a fight but he always lets these guys dictate the battle. ........

oh well,.....Ive got too much to say about the two of them ..........it will still make for a good fight.......
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I dont think Paulie is going to go into this fight at 100 % wiith that hand being broken. He's really going to have to keep him off with that jab and footwork, and it might be enough. This is going to be an ugly fight though because Hatton will get inside, and all he'll do is hold and hit. I expect Malignaggi to take a close decision utilizing that jab and footwork effecitvely.
BigG
Well, despite getting knocked down early and getting his face crushed against Cotto, Malignaggi did pretty good in that fight and showed some heart. No he did not have anything to keep Cotto off of him, but he did manage to win a couple of rounds. Most of his best work came in the middle rounds. I think he can do better against Ricky Hatton...
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ May 28 2008, 04:47 PM) [snapback]390786[/snapback]
Well, despite getting knocked down early and getting his face crushed against Cotto, Malignaggi did pretty good in that fight and showed some heart. No he did not have anything to keep Cotto off of him, but he did manage to win a couple of rounds. Most of his best work came in the middle rounds. I think he can do better against Ricky Hatton...

Agreed!
Bhopreign
I agree with an earlier poster in that Paulie doesnt have the defense to keep Hatton off, nor the pop to keep him honest. Paulie is the type of fighter who is a boxer but still gets hit a bit. Top fighters who move around alot are usually the ones who dont punch as hard like Paulie, but most of those guys have better defense(Casamayor, Mayweather, Hopkins). I see Hatton being too much for Paulie, because I just think Paulie is a little overated when referred to as "slick" boxer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.