Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are your thoughts on Kirkland?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag
So I was rewatching BAD over the weekend and I have got to say that I was pretty impressed with this guy. I'm not completely sold on him because I want to see how he reacts when he gets cracked and how he adjust to a guy with craft and foot movement, but his intensity reminds me of a prime Tyson. His whole attitude in the ring is impressive, this guy just wants to destroy whomever they put in front of him and thats always fun to watch.
BigG
Good fighter, good puncher...hasn't really been tested yet...but he has potential. I'd like to see him against Verno Phillips in the future.
D-MARV
I wanna see how he will respond when someone weathers the storm and takes him deep into a fight!
rusty_trombone
All I know is, his training mekkids are ridicuolus and he's been fucking people up. "Eat"
GMontoya
I've been watching and interviewing James since I first saw him on the undercard of what should have been Castillo/Corrales 3. At the time, he was coming off a long layoff and shaking off rust. He was still a monster and finished off his opponent in 1. I've seen him tested a bit with Ossie Duran. Not that Duran was the greatest of shakes but James knocked him down in the first or second, but was poorly conditioned for the fight (he lived in his car while driving from Austin to Houston to get a total of 8 or so rounds of sparring) and had to rely on his boxing skills to win out and finish Duran later in the fight. So far, he has finished off early two other fighters that were supposed to be tests including Albert. It's hard to say if what Kirkland is doing is a mirage or teh real thing until we see him in with a top ten guy or a titleholder. Verno Philips is the fight they want and I can't wait.
sweetchuck
Kirkland was a good amateur and the fact that no one will spar with him tells you something. Yeah a young smaller Tyson is accurate. I think he'll beat Phillips, but it won't be easy. It will take a really skilled boxer like Spinks was two years ago to beat him.
thehype
QUOTE(GMontoya @ May 28 2008, 01:09 AM) [snapback]390765[/snapback]
Verno Philips is the fight they want and I can't wait.

Call leon...he should be able to make it happen.

LOL
Spyder
No one will spar with him?! Shit, how much are they paying per round?

I might have to take a trip out to Ausitn.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.