Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Obama Mural defaced.
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Douchebag
Was this really necessary?
STEVENSKI
Well he is a Fascist pig.
The CEO
I normally don't like to get involved with topics about Politics or Religion on here....or Racism for that matter....but I wanna say my piece on Obama...

I don't think America is ready for a Black President....and if he's elected, I feel there will be attempts on his life....

and that's that...y'all go ahead...laugh.gif
Mino
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ May 28 2008, 09:30 PM) [snapback]390793[/snapback]
I normally don't like to get involved with topics about Politics or Religion on here....or Racism for that matter....but I wanna say my piece on Obama...

I don't think America is ready for a Black President....and if he's elected, I feel there will be attempts on his life....

I agree with you 100 %..And the truth is that is a very sad reality
Douchebag
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ May 28 2008, 09:13 PM) [snapback]390792[/snapback]
Well he is a Fascist pig.

Facist? Even if he where a facist it isn't an excuse to do something like this. And you justifying really doesn't surprise me. But please tell us how Obama is a Facist. This should be interesting.
BGv2.0
Conscience....I think you are getting exactly what you want...and I think you went fishing for this.

"Was this really necessary"

ANYBODY knows the answer to that is no!

All that picture proves is what we had already established all along.....that racism still exists...and will always...but you would agree that defacing a mural is MUCH better than lynching a human...right? So I still say it's miles ahead of where we were only 50 or so years ago.

BUT....since Obama's ability has come up. IMHO....I wanted Mrs. Clinton. Not because she is white.....but because I think she has more of a track record BUT...more importantly, because I know that whenever she needs help in decesion making....we would have SLICK WILLY right next to her in bed!

THAT one instance for me.....makes her more appealing than any other canidate.

I myself think Obama will mean well...and will really attempt as best he can to get things right....BUT....seeing as how this current admin has screwed things up to such a degree....I'm not sure he will be able to get enough done in 4 years to make everyone happy. I think his lack of experiance will show in those 4 years...and that coupled with such a HUGE broken admin that needs to be fixed....might only make him a 4 year President.

BUT...things are so bad....the same could have been the case for Clinton.

Honestly....I don't know why ANYBODY would want to take the position this soon after this awful administration has left.....it's almost a no win situation for whoever happens to get it.

BUT....you never know...Obama MIGHT very well be that 1 in a million candidate that can move mountains and change the course of American History....I for one hope he proves me wrong!

As for atempts on his life....I don't see that as being the case. If ANYBODY should have had attempts made on their life...it's this current iempt bummbling moron....but that never happened...so I surely don't see an attempt being made on this guy just due to skin color.
Douchebag
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ May 29 2008, 03:01 PM) [snapback]390817[/snapback]
Conscience....I think you are getting exactly what you want...and I think you went fishing for this.

"Was this really necessary"

ANYBODY knows the answer to that is no!

All that picture proves is what we had already established all along.....that racism still exists...and will always...but you would agree that defacing a mural is MUCH better than lynching a human...right? So I still say it's miles ahead of where we were only 50 or so years ago.

BUT....since Obama's ability has come up. IMHO....I wanted Mrs. Clinton. Not because she is white.....but because I think she has more of a track record BUT...more importantly, because I know that whenever she needs help in decesion making....we would have SLICK WILLY right next to her in bed!

THAT one instance for me.....makes her more appealing than any other canidate.

I myself think Obama will mean well...and will really attempt as best he can to get things right....BUT....seeing as how this current admin has screwed things up to such a degree....I'm not sure he will be able to get enough done in 4 years to make everyone happy. I think his lack of experiance will show in those 4 years...and that coupled with such a HUGE broken admin that needs to be fixed....might only make him a 4 year President.

BUT...things are so bad....the same could have been the case for Clinton.

Honestly....I don't know why ANYBODY would want to take the position this soon after this awful administration has left.....it's almost a no win situation for whoever happens to get it.

BUT....you never know...Obama MIGHT very well be that 1 in a million candidate that can move mountains and change the course of American History....I for one hope he proves me wrong!

As for atempts on his life....I don't see that as being the case. If ANYBODY should have had attempts made on their life...it's this current iempt bummbling moron....but that never happened...so I surely don't see an attempt being made on this guy just due to skin color.

Huh newsflash. This is a public internet forum meant to spark debate and conversation. Of course I got wanted.

Look don't try rationalize it.................it's still bullshit nomatter how pretty you try to paint the picture. The same thing that would motivate someone to draw a Swatzitika on his forhead is the same thing that would motivate someone to do worse.....

Oh and black people were getting killed and there where reports of lynchings during the aftermath of Katrina, so it's not farfetched for a gun toting redneck to find it fit to try take this mans life. You are in denial of reality if you don't think it is at least probable.

Race relations are nowhere near as peachy as you try to paint it and it will all come to light if Obama gets elected and there would be chaos in the streets if he where to get killed......................I don't either of those things to happen, but it would be stupid of me to pretend that it can't happen.
Fitz
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ May 29 2008, 11:30 AM) [snapback]390793[/snapback]

Don't know much about American politics or a detailed idea on what's going on, all I know is that you have Obama running for president and you had Hillary going for president. Both of them would be making a first.
But I understand straight off what you are saying. It's not that you are against black people or even against a black president, but fact of the matter is there are a lot of people who still are and in the end whether you like it or not, it will cause problems.
I was actually watching "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" last week, and you seem to have the same concern the father had. For anybody who had seen it, both fathers were against an interracial marriage, and it wasn't because they did not like the other race, but because of the problems they would face along the way.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(The Conscience @ May 29 2008, 02:29 PM) [snapback]390818[/snapback]
Huh newsflash. This is a public internet forum meant to spark debate and conversation. Of course I got wanted.

Look don't try rationalize it.................it's still bullshit nomatter how pretty you try to paint the picture. The same thing that would motivate someone to draw a Swatzitika on his forhead is the same thing that would motivate someone to do worse.....

Oh and black people were getting killed and there where reports of lynchings during the aftermath of Katrina, so it's not farfetched for a gun toting redneck to find it fit to try take this mans life. You are in denial of reality if you don't think it is at least probable.

Race relations are nowhere near as peachy as you try to paint it and it will all come to light if Obama gets elected and there would be chaos in the streets if he where to get killed......................I don't either of those things to happen, but it would be stupid of me to pretend that it can't happen.

Is it POSSIBLE that the same motovation that leads to a defaced mural COULD lead to worse...sure.....but is it 100%.....hell no! I could easily see the painting being ruined by some white 13 year old kid with a chip on his shoulder that could very well be a different person at 18.

AND...give me a link to white people "lynching" blacks during Katrina....I live 3 hours away from the LA border...and I think had that happened...it would have made the news here. There was a lot of bullshit going on there at the time...INCLUDING blacks beating blacks and blacks shooting at rescue helicoptors....but I myself never heard one instance of whites lynching blacks during Katrina.

And....I don't at all think Obama having an attempt on his life is PROBABLE.....it for sure is POSSIBLE....but I don't see it as probable at all.

IF race relations are not nearly as peachy as I seem to think.....which you may be right.....I can assure you they are not as bad as you attempt to pass it off as.
The CEO
Don't know much about American politics or a detailed idea on what's going on, all I know is that you have Obama running for president and you had Hillary going for president. Both of them would be making a first.
But I understand straight off what you are saying. It's not that you are against black people or even against a black president, but fact of the matter is there are a lot of people who still are and in the end whether you like it or not, it will cause problems.
I was actually watching "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" last week, and you seem to have the same concern the father had. For anybody who had seen it, both fathers were against an interracial marriage, and it wasn't because they did not like the other race, but because of the problems they would face along the way.

You got it, Fitzy...I am America's concerned father.

LOL!!

and ya know what...as a whole....America isn't ready for a female President either.....

I also think that if Obama was to make it all the way, he will be a puppet...or paper President...that the men behind the scenes will be making all the executive decisions....moreso than ever before....

for the record...I'm a registered Republican who HAS voted Democrat at times.....my vote will go to whoever I think will be best for my family and myself...and that's really all there is to it......that's the way it should be...right?
STEVENSKI
BG he said lynching. It did not inply that whites were lynching blacks just that blacks were being hung & quite possibly by other blacks. He provided no links to this but take his word for it gawd dammit!

As for OB being a fascist pig. Listen to his rants spouting about war & destruction. You have some extremely dangerous people running for president & all appear to have mental stability issues with the crap they spew.
The CEO
^^^

McCain just MAY be the best pick of the bunch....I don't know if y'all have noticed....but our board even endorses him (the JohnMcCain.com advertisement on the top of our page).....I don't know shit about this Ron Paul guy....didn't research him or anything...because I know he doesn't have a chance in Hell....Independents or whatever he is just don't win in modern America.
Douchebag
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ May 29 2008, 06:50 PM) [snapback]390830[/snapback]
Is it POSSIBLE that the same motovation that leads to a defaced mural COULD lead to worse...sure.....but is it 100%.....hell no! I could easily see the painting being ruined by some white 13 year old kid with a chip on his shoulder that could very well be a different person at 18.

AND...give me a link to white people "lynching" blacks during Katrina....I live 3 hours away from the LA border...and I think had that happened...it would have made the news here. There was a lot of bullshit going on there at the time...INCLUDING blacks beating blacks and blacks shooting at rescue helicoptors....but I myself never heard one instance of whites lynching blacks during Katrina.

And....I don't at all think Obama having an attempt on his life is PROBABLE.....it for sure is POSSIBLE....but I don't see it as probable at all.

IF race relations are not nearly as peachy as I seem to think.....which you may be right.....I can assure you they are not as bad as you attempt to pass it off as.

I don't try to pass it off as anything I'm just speaking on firsthand experience and thing that have been told to me. The article is comming though I just need some time to fish it out. You seriously underestimate the ignorance that is STILL alive in this country.
Douchebag
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ May 29 2008, 07:17 PM) [snapback]390833[/snapback]
BG he said lynching. It did not inply that whites were lynching blacks just that blacks were being hung & quite possibly by other blacks. He provided no links to this but take his word for it gawd dammit!

As for OB being a fascist pig. Listen to his rants spouting about war & destruction. You have some extremely dangerous people running for president & all appear to have mental stability issues with the crap they spew.

But what did he say that was "facist". Please break it down for us. Barney style if you could?
Douchebag
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ May 29 2008, 07:16 PM) [snapback]390832[/snapback]
You got it, Fitzy...I am America's concerned father.

LOL!!
and ya know what...as a whole....America isn't ready for a female President either.....

I also think that if Obama was to make it all the way, he will be a puppet...or paper President...that the men behind the scenes will be making all the executive decisions....moreso than ever before....

for the record...I'm a registered Republican who HAS voted Democrat at times.....my vote will go to whoever I think will be best for my family and myself...and that's really all there is to it......that's the way it should be...right?

More so then Bush? I really don't think you really believe that.
The CEO
Yes...I do.

and I'm not talking about oil or getting paid on the side decisions....I'm talking about your everyday decisions that come with the title of President....he will do what he's told as long as he's in office...

George W. Bush...as unpopular as he is....does have a Presidential pedigree....and that DOES carry some weight...he had his say in affairs.

You'll see....but honestly....I really feel that if Obama wins, he will be assassinated within a year...History tells us this is VERY probable when it comes to Black men in positions of power....

and the job of President is as powerful as it gets....
hardhead
Assassination or attempts shouldn't really be a surprise, Reagan and Ford were nearly assassinated in the 70's and 80's. Ford I think was almost shot on two occasions.

If this were the 2000 McCain I might be inclined to give him some consideration but this is not the 2000 McCain this is the 2008 pander to the right wing/Bush crowd McCain. McCain has done an about face on most of the issues(immigration, campaign finance reform/special interest, Bush Tax Cuts) that made him a "Moderate/Maverick" which would appeal to me as a Dem and I'm sure many others as well. Worst than that is the guy is chock full of special interest lobbyist(more than any other candidate, Dem of Repub) in his campaign and you can bet when he gets in office they won't let him forget about all the money they've been donating to his campaign and will want those favors returned 10 fold. That to me is one of the biggest turn offs about McCain(besides his hawkish stance on the war again like Bush) we've seen what 8 years of special interest pandering has gotten us.

I had no problems voting for either Democrat(no surprise since I'm a Democrat), Hillary for some of the reasons BG mentioned(some view her being a Clinton and an establishment Dem as a turn off though) and Obama. I think he will have a more pragmatic, intelligent, view on many of the issues we face today. Yea he might lack some political experience but to me personally that's not a huge issue as I think many politicians are very much corrupted because of it(I liked Wes Clark in 04 but he was knocked because he didn't have any Washington experience in politics). Plus I think the whole "executive" experience thing is a little overrated if you look back at history. However I'd like to see Obama go with a VP with some good foreign policy experience(which is perceived to be his weakness and Dems in general), or military background but my first two choices would be Biden(very experienced in general and especially on foreign policy) or Wes Clark(former general and NATO commander, very smart man who isn't a Washington insider). My third choice would probably be Richardson. He arguably has a little more hands on foreign policy experience than Biden.

Bush is/was the definition of a puppet, most of his cabinet were either former HW Bush hold overs(Cheany, Rumsfeld) or hard core Neocon holdovers like Wolfowitz, Libby, Fieth, Woosley all of which had a very large role in drumming up the deception and lies for this war but ironically have very little to no military experience. The only one of his cabinet I have a lot of respect for is Colin Powell who was really all alone in his opposition and skepticism. The only Bush puppet is Rice who ironically replaced Powell who clashed often times behind the scenes. I still can't get over the fact that the American people(or I should say half of them) voted Bush in for a 2nd term. Swiftboating and fear tactics goes a long way that's for sure.

I never voted for this disgrace and like BG said, and I agree about many of his points about the this administration and how they've fucked a lot of shit up with poor planning, poor decision making, lies and deception, it will be a tall task for any of the candidates to clean up the mess that Bush and his cronies are leaving. IMO all three will definitely have their hands full regardless of "experience."
BGv2.0
QUOTE(hardhead @ May 30 2008, 06:14 AM) [snapback]390882[/snapback]
Assassination or attempts shouldn't really be a surprise, Reagan and Ford were nearly assassinated in the 70's and 80's. Ford I think was almost shot on two occasions.

If this were the 2000 McCain I might be inclined to give him some consideration but this is not the 2000 McCain this is the 2008 pander to the right wing/Bush crowd McCain. McCain has done an about face on most of the issues(immigration, campaign finance reform/special interest, Bush Tax Cuts) that made him a "Moderate/Maverick" which would appeal to me as a Dem and I'm sure many others as well. Worst than that is the guy is chock full of special interest lobbyist(more than any other candidate, Dem of Repub) in his campaign and you can bet when he gets in office they won't let him forget about all the money they've been donating to his campaign and will want those favors returned 10 fold. That to me is one of the biggest turn offs about McCain(besides his hawkish stance on the war again like Bush) we've seen what 8 years of special interest pandering has gotten us.

I had no problems voting for either Democrat(no surprise since I'm a Democrat), Hillary for some of the reasons BG mentioned(some view her being a Clinton and an establishment Dem as a turn off though) and Obama. I think he will have a more pragmatic, intelligent, view on many of the issues we face today. Yea he might lack some political experience but to me personally that's not a huge issue as I think many politicians are very much corrupted because of it(I liked Wes Clark in 04 but he was knocked because he didn't have any Washington experience in politics). Plus I think the whole "executive" experience thing is a little overrated if you look back at history. However I'd like to see Obama go with a VP with some good foreign policy experience(which is perceived to be his weakness and Dems in general), or military background but my first two choices would be Biden(very experienced in general and especially on foreign policy) or Wes Clark(former general and NATO commander, very smart man who isn't a Washington insider). My third choice would probably be Richardson. He arguably has a little more hands on foreign policy experience than Biden.

Bush is/was the definition of a puppet, most of his cabinet were either former HW Bush hold overs(Cheany, Rumsfeld) or hard core Neocon holdovers like Wolfowitz, Libby, Fieth, Woosley all of which had a very large role in drumming up the deception and lies for this war but ironically have very little to no military experience. The only one of his cabinet I have a lot of respect for is Colin Powell who was really all alone in his opposition and skepticism. The only Bush puppet is Rice who ironically replaced Powell who clashed often times behind the scenes. I still can't get over the fact that the American people(or I should say half of them) voted Bush in for a 2nd term. Swiftboating and fear tactics goes a long way that's for sure.

I never voted for this disgrace and like BG said, and I agree about many of his points about the this administration and how they've fucked a lot of shit up with poor planning, poor decision making, lies and deception, it will be a tall task for any of the candidates to clean up the mess that Bush and his cronies are leaving. IMO all three will definitely have their hands full regardless of "experience."

Could not have said it all better myself!

I really think Colin Powell would have been a much better swing vote candidate than this current McCain. BUT...I think Powell is still smarting from being lied to and shit on by his own party.

IMHO...Bush actually ran this country into the ground in 6 years....not 8. I always gave him a pass on his first 2 years in office, because he did face a situation in 911 that no other President in the history of our nation has ever had to face. I and most of the free world totally agreed with taking out the Taliban...but he lost ANY support from me with the moronic Iraq move....and his admin has only nose dived ever since.

I HONESTLY think they will be viewed as the most iempt, corrupt admin in the history of the Oval Office when it's all said and done!
hardhead
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ May 30 2008, 10:08 PM) [snapback]390928[/snapback]
Could not have said it all better myself!

I really think Colin Powell would have been a much better swing vote candidate than this current McCain. BUT...I think Powell is still smarting from being lied to and shit on by his own party.

IMHO...Bush actually ran this country into the ground in 6 years....not 8. I always gave him a pass on his first 2 years in office, because he did face a situation in 911 that no other President in the history of our nation has ever had to face. I and most of the free world totally agreed with taking out the Taliban...but he lost ANY support from me with the moronic Iraq move....and his admin has only nose dived ever since.

I HONESTLY think they will be viewed as the most iempt, corrupt admin in the history of the Oval Office when it's all said and done!

Yea that is true and I agree, 9/11 was unprecedented. In the beginning I didn't really dislike Bush even though I did think some funny business went on in Florida I was willing to give him a chance. I'm with you though in that history will judge this administration much more harshly than the present time. His last card is in Iraq and he's holding onto that for as long as he can.

I agree about Powell I could easily see myself voting for him regardless of party...
JD
Listen...here is the harsh reality of American politics from someone who is very into politics...

Odds are, that a good number of the people you see posting here are not receiving any type of representation in the government. Think about who you are, where you are in life, and who is running our government and what they are doing. Whether it is socially or economically, the vast majority of us are left to wonder what real representation would be like.

McCain...doesn't represent me.
Obama...doesn't represent me.
Hillary...doesn't represent me.

So what do you do? Well, from my perspective, when looking at whats left, I cross off Hillary first. We already learned what happens when you elect someone with existing influence and power - and it ain't good. There is a general sense of "I can do what I want because of who my Dad (Husband) was and get away with it." Hillary frightens the hell out of me, and being a New Yorker, I can tell you firsthand, she WILL say anything, and has done nothing.

That leaves McCain and Obama, which in the end, are our presumptive nominees, and in my opinion, were from the beginning.

So, do you want the guy that claims to be the straight talker free of lobbyists who is tied into more lobbyists than any of us know, and who has basically pandered to the likes of Pat Robertson, and done an about face on many other things he stood for?

Or, do you want the guy who has no track record whatsoever along with an ideology that was formed in a manner that no one really knows anything about, who is going to have to clean up one serious mess with no experience to speak of?

Hmmmmmmm...
BGv2.0
QUOTE(JD @ May 31 2008, 06:12 AM) [snapback]390962[/snapback]
Listen...here is the harsh reality of American politics from someone who is very into politics...

Odds are, that a good number of the people you see posting here are not receiving any type of representation in the government. Think about who you are, where you are in life, and who is running our government and what they are doing. Whether it is socially or economically, the vast majority of us are left to wonder what real representation would be like.

So what do you do? Well, from my perspective, when looking at whats left, I cross off Hillary first. We already learned what happens when you elect someone with existing influence and power - and it ain't good. There is a general sense of "I can do what I want because of who my Dad (Husband) was and get away with it." Hillary frightens the hell out of me, and being a New Yorker, I can tell you firsthand, she WILL say anything, and has done nothing.

That leaves McCain and Obama, which in the end, are our presumptive nominees, and in my opinion, were from the beginning.

So, do you want the guy that claims to be the straight talker free of lobbyists who is tied into more lobbyists than any of us know, and who has basically pandered to the likes of Pat Robertson, and done an about face on many other things he stood for?

Or, do you want the guy who has no track record whatsoever along with an ideology that was formed in a manner that no one really knows anything about, who is going to have to clean up one serious mess with no experience to speak of?

Hmmmmmmm...

I totally agree with the first part JD.....this administration IMHO would NEVER have lasted if this were 1808 instead of 2008...Americans today (myself included) are to lax in what we allow to take place in our governement.

I don't agree with comparing Clinton to W....that's two very different forms of "existing influence and power".....With W, he did not want to be a 1 term president like his daddy...AND...he secured that by becoming a war president. Clinton on the other hand would not be attempting to "one up" her husband....as he was a 2 term pres and is considered by many to be one of the best ever. Would she attempt to be his equal or better....I'm sure she would...but doing so would require good decesions that benifit the nation....that would be a good thing.

As for the other two.....for me they are BOTH risky bets.

Obama for his total lack of experience could be so clueless that it allows for the Republicans to sneak another President in after 4 short years. THEN...on the other hand....he might very well be that once in a life time JFK type guy that can take us to places we never thought possible....it's a total mystery.

McCain on the other hand...APPEARS to be a complete shell of his former self.....but you know as well as I do...he has to say and do (right now) what his party wants him to to get the nomination. How do we know he's now playing possem? Saying what he has to now to get his party's support...then once in office....becomes the fair minded middle ground thinker of old?

Of the 3...he's the ONLY guy that has history of braking party ranks to do what's right.....the other 2 have never waivered from party lines.

I don't know.....BUT...I HOPE that in 4 years, whoever gets it will have this nation in at least a little better shape than it is currently in. AND...if not...I hope Gore runs then.
JD
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jun 1 2008, 02:51 AM) [snapback]390997[/snapback]
I totally agree with the first part JD.....this administration IMHO would NEVER have lasted if this were 1808 instead of 2008...Americans today (myself included) are to lax in what we allow to take place in our governement.

I don't agree with comparing Clinton to W....that's two very different forms of "existing influence and power".....With W, he did not want to be a 1 term president like his daddy...AND...he secured that by becoming a war president. Clinton on the other hand would not be attempting to "one up" her husband....as he was a 2 term pres and is considered by many to be one of the best ever. Would she attempt to be his equal or better....I'm sure she would...but doing so would require good decesions that benifit the nation....that would be a good thing.

As for the other two.....for me they are BOTH risky bets.

Obama for his total lack of experience could be so clueless that it allows for the Republicans to sneak another President in after 4 short years. THEN...on the other hand....he might very well be that once in a life time JFK type guy that can take us to places we never thought possible....it's a total mystery.

McCain on the other hand...APPEARS to be a complete shell of his former self.....but you know as well as I do...he has to say and do (right now) what his party wants him to to get the nomination. How do we know he's now playing possem? Saying what he has to now to get his party's support...then once in office....becomes the fair minded middle ground thinker of old?

Of the 3...he's the ONLY guy that has history of braking party ranks to do what's right.....the other 2 have never waivered from party lines.
I don't know.....BUT...I HOPE that in 4 years, whoever gets it will have this nation in at least a little better shape than it is currently in. AND...if not...I hope Gore runs then.

I hear you. The only comparison I am really making is the existing power that tends to lead to crooked decisions and a "my way" type of attitude. I am not comparing intelligence, or mindset, or even how good or bad I think they would be. Things like this article are what I am referring to:

After Mining Deal, Financier Donated to Clinton's Campaign

Crooked. I would just like to move away from the mentality that lends itself to crooked behavior, thats all.

Obama is a bright guy, there is no doubt. He is inspiring, he gives a great speech...but man, where we are right now is not a place where you want on the job training. You really just do not know what to expect, he is a real wildcard. I absolutely love the fact that the vast majority of his money came from people at home like you or I who simply donated $10, $50, $100...not moguls looking to get their candidate in. I also like that is not so tied into the Washington way, and while he is inexperienced, he also doesn't have a laundry list of people he owes a favor to.

McCain could be pandering just to get the nomination, but I am not so sure. I mean, for every vote he might have gained by doing a 180 on a guy like Falwell, he lost a moderate who was excited that they were getting a chance to fix what got f'd up in , than again, we always seem to underestimate the amount of votes that come from people who have the Falwell mindset. McCain's stance on the war is not a popular one, and this is a guy who is so against the notion of a woman's right to choose, he is going to go all out looking to overturn Roe V Wade. Plus, the past 8 years have seen us end up with the likes of John Roberts and Samuel Alito on the Supreme court, I would like a little diversity if you know what I am saying. Plus, there is still the lobbyist issue which will become more and more apparent.

I honestly just don't know what to do. Crazy as it sound, the veep choice is going to mean a lot to me, and looking at the lists on each side, it pushes me away from McCain and toward Obama. Romney, Crist, Huckabee? UGH! On the flipside, if Obama tabs a guy like Evan Bayh, that would do a lot for him.

As I said though, either way, it's not like a lot of us are going to the polls excited about who we are voting for.
Spyder
QUOTE(JD @ Jun 1 2008, 07:15 AM) [snapback]391002[/snapback]
As I said though, either way, it's not like a lot of us are going to the polls excited about who we are voting for.

Especially the Dems in Florida and Michigan...

laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(JD @ May 31 2008, 07:12 AM) [snapback]390962[/snapback]

Hmmmmmmm...

i completely agree, no one in politics represents me or where i stand. but i can say that some of them are alot further away from me than others. honestly, this country is so far away from where it was, and where it should be that there is little hope in rectifying it. Economically, we are fucked if China stops lending us money, our retarded government has borrowed so much money that they can't afford the interest on the national debt, yet still keep overfunding the military and dumping money into a retarded ass war.

With McCain you get a guy who claims to be some sort of an independent, but has vote more times with the republican ranks than any other senator. sure he wants to put an end to pork barrel legislation, but that shit is a drop in a bucket to where the real spending issues are, and that's obviously with the military. He has no interest in ending the war in Iraq, yet claims that shit will be done by 2013. I remember when Rumsfeld told us it was laughable that we would be in Iraq for 6 months. These are the kind of people McCain is now surrounding himself with, I mean shit, he hired Karl Rove, the man who ran the most dispicable campaign ever against McCain in 2000.

With Hilary, I think recent events have clearly shown that she is certainly interested in the best interest of Hilary over the best interests of the country, or really cares about what the voters have voted on.

Sure, Obama is some sort of a wildcard, but fuck, could it possibly get any worse? You think by electing Obama the terrorists have some sort of tactical advantage? Have you been paying attention to what the idiots have been doing the last 7 years or so? Jesus, it's the perfect storm of ineptness and impropriety. Shit, I would take a monkey flinging shit at a board of decisions trying to pick the right one, because at least the monkey has a chance of hitting the right decision. The people in charge now, certainly do not.

So, honestly I think the American "empire" is on the brink of collapse, and I don't think there's much we can do about it, I mean with the problems in our justice system, energy issues, environmental issues, growing gap in wealth, right wing hawk's molding social policy.... the list is endless, so fuck it, time to go somewhere I can drink a beer on the street without going to jail for it. a place where moral choices, don't become federal legislation.
hardhead
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jun 1 2008, 07:10 PM) [snapback]391073[/snapback]
i completely agree, no one in politics represents me or where i stand. but i can say that some of them are alot further away from me than others. honestly, this country is so far away from where it was, and where it should be that there is little hope in rectifying it. Economically, we are fucked if China stops lending us money, our retarded government has borrowed so much money that they can't afford the interest on the national debt, yet still keep overfunding the military and dumping money into a retarded ass war.

With McCain you get a guy who claims to be some sort of an independent, but has vote more times with the republican ranks than any other senator. sure he wants to put an end to pork barrel legislation, but that shit is a drop in a bucket to where the real spending issues are, and that's obviously with the military. He has no interest in ending the war in Iraq, yet claims that shit will be done by 2013. I remember when Rumsfeld told us it was laughable that we would be in Iraq for 6 months. These are the kind of people McCain is now surrounding himself with, I mean shit, he hired Karl Rove, the man who ran the most dispicable campaign ever against McCain in 2000.

With Hilary, I think recent events have clearly shown that she is certainly interested in the best interest of Hilary over the best interests of the country, or really cares about what the voters have voted on.

Sure, Obama is some sort of a wildcard, but fuck, could it possibly get any worse? You think by electing Obama the terrorists have some sort of tactical advantage? Have you been paying attention to what the idiots have been doing the last 7 years or so? Jesus, it's the perfect storm of ineptness and impropriety. Shit, I would take a monkey flinging shit at a board of decisions trying to pick the right one, because at least the monkey has a chance of hitting the right decision. The people in charge now, certainly do not.

So, honestly I think the American "empire" is on the brink of collapse, and I don't think there's much we can do about it, I mean with the problems in our justice system, energy issues, environmental issues, growing gap in wealth, right wing hawk's molding social policy.... the list is endless, so fuck it, time to go somewhere I can drink a beer on the street without going to jail for it. a place where moral choices, don't become federal legislation.

Buddy come down to New Orleans and do that, only thing is you might want to bring your AK-47 for protection.... laugh.gif

Spyder
You guys are crazy!! I want my party to decide for me who will represent me. Fuck this voting bullshit!

laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jun 1 2008, 04:51 PM) [snapback]391088[/snapback]
You guys are crazy!! I want my party to decide for me who will represent me. Fuck this voting bullshit!

laugh.gif

Seriously, the DNC has proved they are a bunch of fucktards again.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(hardhead @ Jun 1 2008, 03:57 PM) [snapback]391081[/snapback]
Buddy come down to New Orleans and do that, only thing is you might want to bring your AK-47 for protection.... laugh.gif

I did that, before all hell broke loose there. It was awesome
JD
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jun 1 2008, 03:10 PM) [snapback]391073[/snapback]

And this is why true Conservatives even hate the policies of Neocons.

Spyder
I only want two things from my government:

Kill the people that want to harm me, and then leave me the fuck alone.

Pretty simple.
Snoop
QUOTE(The Conscience @ May 29 2008, 05:57 PM) [snapback]390812[/snapback]
Facist? Even if he where a facist it isn't an excuse to do something like this. And you justifying really doesn't surprise me. But please tell us how Obama is a Facist. This should be interesting.

I think he was being sarcastic. If not, that's fucked up STEVENSKI!
BigG
Snoop! Where have you been?
Snoop
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jun 12 2008, 02:36 PM) [snapback]392372[/snapback]
Snoop! Where have you been?

I've been traveling Latin America for the last 6 months (right now in Colombia). Been browsing the forums every now and then but haven't had much time to post since I have to pay for internet everywhere I go. How've you been bro?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.