Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mundine vs Soliman III
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
Didn't watch the fight as I boycotted it out of disgust. But Mundine won a UD (116-112, 116-112, 117-112). Not sure about everyone elses opinion on who watched the fight, but Soliman and his camp were apparently pissed off about the decision.
Mundine is apparently vacating his title (Kessler was his mandatory). Kessler will now be fighting for the vacant title against Dimitri Sartison.

Mundine is going to move down to middleweight and mentioned these names: Ronald "Winky" Wright, Kelly Pavlik and Jermain Taylor (Only one of them fighting at 160 at this stage).

We will wait and see. I have now grown a bit tired of Mundine. He has real talent and can be good, but his act and quality of fights is starting to wear thin. I won't believe anything he says about fights he wants until I see him in the ring. Until he steps up competition, I'm off the bandwagon.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I was hoping Soliman would win this fight too. He's a scrappy guy, with a lot of energy. He just can't get over the hump though in winning a world title fight. They could make a third fight with Bika, or build him back up again. Oh well, another loss from a contender participant.
STEVENSKI
I hate Mundine. he is a hoax & everyone I know who watched the fight had it clearly for Soliman. I hope Mundine gets brain cancer.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ May 28 2008, 07:02 PM) [snapback]390788[/snapback]
I hope Mundine gets brain cancer.

LOL. Easy Leonard...Go easy man.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Big Slim @ May 29 2008, 03:18 AM) [snapback]390798[/snapback]
LOL. Easy Leonard...Go easy man.

Thats me being easy. Think of my hate for Roid Jones & multiply that by 10 & you get in the ballpark for my Mundine hate.
BigG
I didn't realize these two fought AGAIN....Mundine better move on to bigger challenges now. I'm suprised to hear someone call out Winky. I wouldn't mind seeing that fight.
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ May 29 2008, 09:16 PM) [snapback]390805[/snapback]
I didn't realize these two fought AGAIN....Mundine better move on to bigger challenges now. I'm suprised to hear someone call out Winky. I wouldn't mind seeing that fight.

He certainly better move on to bigger challenges, because I have had enough of him until he does move onto bigger things. If anybody has seen me in the past, they know I was the first to defend Mundine and say how much talent he has (even though he is a major cock head as a guy). But he needs to get out of Australia and fight some guys worth a shit. Even trying to get a fight with Lacy (who isn't really worth a shit), but he needs a name people a really familiar with to make a break through on a world scale.
Like I said, he mentioned Wright, Pavlik and Taylor. One thing to mention them, another thing to fight them. I won't believe a thing that comes out of that guys mouth until I see him in the ring with anyone.
AussieLad
Mundine will fight Pavlik the same day my penis grows butterfly wings... it will never fucking happen

I cant stand mundine now, i cannot believe theres australians who support him dodging kessler to fight soliman a third time, and theres more than a few of them. Its disgusting

Fair enough if he fights kessler, loses, and moves down. No shame in losing to a tough opponent if you were man enough to ostep up and give it your best. But to rematch a guy you have already beaten twice before, claim your the best, duck a mandatory challenge and relinquish your belt in the process.... I hope he loses his testicles in a freak blender accident

I would pick mundine to defeat Sturm and Abraham. But i think he eats canvas vs Pavlik, so look for mundine to talk about fighting him and beating him easily while at the same time avoiding him at all costs
STEVENSKI
According to the bum himself. Calzhage is ducking him & Kessler has been tarnished by being beaten by Calzhage & is therefore not worthy of fighting him.
Fitz
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jun 2 2008, 09:04 AM) [snapback]391104[/snapback]
According to the bum himself. Calzhage is ducking him & Kessler has been tarnished by being beaten by Calzhage & is therefore not worthy of fighting him.

I really hope he never said anything like that and you are making it up.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jun 2 2008, 01:48 AM) [snapback]391112[/snapback]
I really hope he never said anything like that and you are making it up.

I am 100% serious. The guy is a POS & his sister actually works in the mailrom of my work.

BTW nice win for the Pies last weekend.
Fitz
I'm starting to dislike Mundine more and more again. I have actually had my ups and downs with him. Hated him at first, then liked him and used to defend him. I actually hate him right now.

Yes it was a good win for the Pies. Thumped West Coast by 100 points and the week before we thumped last years Grand Final winners and had yet to lose a game up until that point by 86 points.
We are now sitting 6th on the ladder (6-4) but looking back, I'm not happy with that. We should be 8-2. We lost to Brisbane and North Melbourne. Both games we were up by 3 goals in the last quarter (Brisbane it was wet as well). Shouldn't lose games when you are in a position like that. We also lost to our biggest rivals in Carlton and were last years wooden spooners (last on the ladder for anyone that doesn't know). We played bad and weren't in a winning position in that game though.
How are your Eels going this year? I think the Storm lost a home game last round. Not sure though.
AussieLad
Ive heard that Mundine has called out Taylor...

No not Jermaine

Shannon Taylor

LOL

The joke continues

ANd he only offered taylor $80,000... in tickets, no cash... LOL
Fitz
You can't be serious.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jun 2 2008, 03:32 AM) [snapback]391124[/snapback]
How are your Eels going this year? I think the Storm lost a home game last round. Not sure though.

I support the Eagles mate & they did the impossible last Friday. Having one of their players sent off in the first 1/2 & still winning easily. The last team to do that was Manly as well so I guess they are the GOAT ;-)

Fitz
Oh ok. Wait, is it the Manly Eels or Eagles?

Nice. What actually warrants a send off in the NRL? What would be the minimum to be sent off?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jun 2 2008, 05:37 AM) [snapback]391141[/snapback]
Oh ok. Wait, is it the Manly Eels or Eagles?

Nice. What actually warrants a send off in the NRL? What would be the minimum to be sent off?

A usual send off offense is to spear tackle a player (lift above horozontal driving them headfirst into the ground), blatant punching or elbows to the head when a player does not have the ball etc. It takes a fair bit to get sent off but it does happen.
Fitz
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jun 2 2008, 04:35 PM) [snapback]391147[/snapback]
A usual send off offense is to spear tackle a player (lift above horozontal driving them headfirst into the ground), blatant punching or elbows to the head when a player does not have the ball etc. It takes a fair bit to get sent off but it does happen.

Cool cool.

I know I could probably google it, but will just ask. Is NRL like AFL? 22 rounds (or there abouts) with 16 teams?
D-MARV
Mundine should do us all a favor and Retire!!!!! Can't stand this guy. I actually think he can be a good fighter but he needs to pull his skirt down.

offtopic.gif

Can someone tell me why Sven Ottke retired?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jun 2 2008, 09:49 AM) [snapback]391151[/snapback]
Cool cool.

I know I could probably google it, but will just ask. Is NRL like AFL? 22 rounds (or there abouts) with 16 teams?

Something like that. Oh yeah it is the Manly Sea Eagles.

QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jun 3 2008, 02:10 AM) [snapback]391246[/snapback]
Can someone tell me why Sven Ottke retired?

Anthony Mundine why do you think? He scares all who fight him so bad they will retire rather than fight him again. He is the man after all.
D-MARV
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jun 2 2008, 10:25 PM) [snapback]391250[/snapback]
Something like that. Oh yeah it is the Manly Sea Eagles.
Anthony Mundine why do you think? He scares all who fight him so bad they will retire rather than fight him again. He is the man after all.

I should have known that! The first time they fought, Mundine smashed Sven's hand with his temple!
STEVENSKI
Yes Mundine had a traumatic temple injury in that fight. You should hear the ball lickers commentate his fights. I'm talking 100,000,000 times worse than HBO with DLH.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.