Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prospects for the 2008 Olympics
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EAlbian
What do you guys think? I haven't heard too much about it.
dj necrogenic
Look out for Team Australia
Spyder
http://www.usaboxing.org/86_133.htm

Warren is back...and the best of the rest seems to be Demetrius Andrade. At 6'1 he's tall for 152, and he decisioned Keith Thurman twice to win the trials. Him and Warren have the best shots of the lot to do something.

I'm also interested in seeing Deontay Wilder fight. 6'7 and 201, when he fills out he might be the next great American Heavyweight.
rusty_trombone
Yeah, I'm pretty excited to see Warren and Andrade. I hope we have some surprise talent on the squad though.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jun 1 2008, 08:49 AM) [snapback]391007[/snapback]
http://www.usaboxing.org/86_133.htm

Warren is back...and the best of the rest seems to be Demetrius Andrade. At 6'1 he's tall for 152, and he decisioned Keith Thurman twice to win the trials. Him and Warren have the best shots of the lot to do something.

I'm also interested in seeing Deontay Wilder fight. 6'7 and 201, when he fills out he might be the next great American Heavyweight.

Deontay? What ever happened to normal names like D'Wayne, De'Mond and Dantonio?
Chillmatic
The Olympian whose prospects I am most excited about is Demetrius Andrade. Andrade is a big welterweight with an awkward style and decent power. He's from Rhode Island I believe.

Lightweight Sadam Ali from New York is also exciting. He's quick as hell and won the National GG's twice in a row. He's going to be very tough at 132.

Rau'shee Warren, a flyweight, also has a good chance to medal.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 2 2008, 05:43 PM) [snapback]391202[/snapback]
Deontay? What ever happened to normal names like D'Wayne, De'Mond and Dantonio?

don't forget deshaun
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.