Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fernando Montiel-Luis Maldanado video here
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
http://youtube.com/watch?v=W7fx0QViMUA
hardhead
Very impressive. Last two times I've seen Montiel he's looked dominant. He has a really nice fucking left hook whether it's to the body or the head. He's so sharp and precise with his punches.
BigG
Montiel called out Mijares after the fight. THAT right there is one of the best fights that can happen in boxing.

Montiel's only loss since the Too Sharp Johnson fight a LONG time ago is the controversial loss to the much bigger Jhonny Gonzalez who has P4P skills himself.
hardhead
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jun 1 2008, 07:33 PM) [snapback]391077[/snapback]
Montiel called out Mijares after the fight. THAT right there is one of the best fights that can happen in boxing.

Montiel's only loss since the Too Sharp Johnson fight a LONG time ago is the controversial loss to the much bigger Jhonny Gonzalez who has P4P skills himself.

Yea I'd love to see it. Mijares and Montiel would be an excellent fight, two of the best bantams out there...
kidbazooka1
Montiel looked awesome last night. Maldonado went 8 rds with darchinyan and Donaire so Im sure Montiel wanted to get him out of there in quicker. That left hook that he was doubling up to the body and head was a thing of beauty.

Montiel/Mijares would be a good one but I think Montiels power and speed would make the difference. I don't see anyone at 115lb or below being able to beat Montiel.
BigG
I don't think Mijares would have the power to hurt Montiel. Montiel is one of the most complete fighters today. He has very good power, excellent hand speed, footwork, hard chin, tremendous skills. Mijares is the same except without the big power. The winner of this fight would be top 10 P4P..maybe even top 5 or 6.
kidbazooka1
I agree though there are some who think Mijares is more skilled than Montiel I think Montiel is just as skilled as Mijares. But Like I sad the difference in power and speed will be the deciding factor in the fight in my opinion.
BigG
I'd alos love to see Montiel take on Nonito, Arce, Darchinyan. There's alot of skill & talent at Super-Flyweight. I'd also love to see Montiel knock out Koki Kameda.

Too bad the lower weigths don't get much attention.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.