Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pavlik vs. Lockett: Preview and Predictions
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Hi All,

I have not posted a poll for this fight, because the consensus at anywhere from 10-1 to 15-1 odds in his favor, that Pavlik should have any easy title defense this Saturday night. I would like to learn more about the challenger Lockett and what he brings to the table. Is he a banger/brawler? Have you guys seen him fight? I have Pavlik KO 8. Could he at least be in for a rough night?

Jack
FenderDG3
I'm curious as well since I've never seen Lockett fight. However, from what it sounds like is that he is an undeserving mandatory challenger. Although after the last 15 months or so I think Kelly deserves a fight that can be seen as a little bit of a break. Pavlik TKO 7... the 7th seems to be Pavlik's lucky number (Miranda and Taylor I).
FenderDG3
I just looked it up and Lockett has only fought outside of the UK once and that was in Italy, so this will be his first fight on U.S. soil. Could be another factor in Pavlik's favor.
KingEugene
I hope Pavlik loses!
Imperius3
From what I've seen of Lockett on youtube, Pavlik should eat him alive. Pavlik's jab alone will tear Lockett's face up.

Pavlik TKO 6
D-MARV
Pavlik KO4, Very Brutal KO i might add haha.gif
Blayde
Locket doesnt seem to be one of the best at 160, he doesnt seem to be any threat to Pavlik, so I have almost no interest in that fight. De Leon vs. JuanMa is definitely way more interesting and exciting IMO and for me pretty much the only reason I will watch HBO.
blackbelt2003
Lockett is fairly competent, with solid skills and a decent punch. He is way below world class, though.

However, I don't think he'll be blasted out. He is tough and has a lot of heart, which means he'll probably take a beating for several rounds and lose a TKO in the mid rounds, 6 or 7 or something like that.

Not a great fight at all. Pavlik has had a tough couple of fights, and deserves an easier one for a change, but this is pretty bottom-of-the-barrel stuff. Let's hope after this he either takes on Abraham or Sturm, or goes up to super-middle.

Pavlik-Calzaghe for the Joe's super-middle belts would be something special.

Black
Jack 1000
Pavlik-Calzaghe for the Joe's super-middle belts would be something special.

Black

Now that's a good fight, Black!

Jack
gods son
i see the purpose of this match up is to hype the calzaggy vs pavlik fight.

JD
QUOTE(KingEugene @ Jun 3 2008, 10:11 PM) [snapback]391366[/snapback]
I hope Pavlik loses!

Any reason in particular?

There really is not much to dislike about Pavlik...no?

Unless this is strictly based upon the fact that you want Calzaghe - Jones to come off and feel as though a Pavlik loss drastically improves the chances of that happening.

Either way, expect to be disappointed.
BigG
I'll instantly become a Pavlik fan if he destroys Calslappy in the future.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JD @ Jun 7 2008, 06:24 PM) [snapback]391696[/snapback]
Any reason in particular?

There really is not much to dislike about Pavlik...no?

Unless this is strictly based upon the fact that you want Calzaghe - Jones to come off and feel as though a Pavlik loss drastically improves the chances of that happening.

Either way, expect to be disappointed.

I love Pavlik. You can't hate this guy unless you are a die hard Jermain Taylor fan. There's nothing flashy about him, he doesn't draw a lot of attention to himself other than his textbook 1-2 combo, and he is a respectful american fighter. Sums it all up for me. I hope he stays around for a while. Great Guy!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I wouldn't mind if Pavlik lost tonight. Who doesn't like a huge 20-1 type upset, it makes the sport interesting. However, I don't see it happening even though I've never seen Lockett fight. Pavlik just has too much power, and actually has a nice jab. I thought that jab really did good work against Taylor, and I dont see Lockett being on that level. Pavlik KO 2
FenderDG3
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jun 7 2008, 06:22 PM) [snapback]391704[/snapback]
I love Pavlik. You can't hate this guy unless you are a die hard Jermain Taylor fan. There's nothing flashy about him, he doesn't draw a lot of attention to himself other than his textbook 1-2 combo, and he is a respectful american fighter. Sums it all up for me. I hope he stays around for a while. Great Guy!

I couldn't put it any better myself... I mean what's not to like??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.