Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Montiel vs. Gorres II on Cotto-Margarito undercard?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Okay, I'm probably the only Montiel fan in this site and I lik Z and I've been following his career as well so this is a great fight to me. The first fight was razor sharp with Montiel hurting Gorres badly in the final rounds to edge out the win. Gorres made Montiel look a bit slow though. Gorres is a tremendous talent who just gasses in fights. He was beating Darchinyan and had him hurt from a knockdown in their fight but gassed and allowed Darchinyan to rough him up inside in a really dirty fight. I saw wthe fight I'll say this: Darchinayn was robbed. Gorres said Montiel hit harder than Darchinyan though.

This is shaping up to be a fantastic card....both Montiel and Gorres have P4P skills.

EDIT:

If the Gorres fight doesn't push through Montiel said he wants Donaire! Damn the lower weights are producing he best fights in boxing.
Bazooka Limon
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jun 6 2008, 06:54 PM) [snapback]391596[/snapback]
Okay, I'm probably the only Montiel fan in this site and I lik Z and I've been following his career as well so this is a great fight to me. The first fight was razor sharp with Montiel hurting Gorres badly in the final rounds to edge out the win. Gorres made Montiel look a bit slow though. Gorres is a tremendous talent who just gasses in fights. He was beating Darchinyan and had him hurt from a knockdown in their fight but gassed and allowed Darchinyan to rough him up inside in a really dirty fight. I saw wthe fight I'll say this: Darchinayn was robbed. Gorres said Montiel hit harder than Darchinyan though.

This is shaping up to be a fantastic card....both Montiel and Gorres have P4P skills.

EDIT:

If the Gorres fight doesn't push through Montiel said he wants Donaire! Damn the lower weights are producing he best fights in boxing.

Im a fan of Montiel and if the rematch happens I got Montiel by a late round stoppage this time
kidbazooka1
Big Montiel fan here aswell. The rematch should be an interesting one Gorres has alot of skills but I think Montiel stops him in the rematch.
sweetchuck
Gorres is probably the safer route for Montiel. Nonito is too fast for him. I'll have to call Nonito and see what's up.
D-MARV
I hope this fight is on the undercard. That will make my trip that much better
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(sweetchuck @ Jun 7 2008, 11:14 AM) [snapback]391672[/snapback]
Gorres is probably the safer route for Montiel. Nonito is too fast for him. I'll have to call Nonito and see what's up.

Montiel has fought and beaten some of the best in his division he carries real good power, awesome body punching and pretty good speed aswell. I highly doubt Nonito would be too much for Montiel if anything it would be the other way around.
sweetchuck
They thought that about Darchinyan as well.
BigG
But Montiel is way better than Darchinyan....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.