Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Juan Ma Lopez vs Deleon: All Comments Here
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
I don't see a topic for Lopez/Deleon so hopefully this one won't get closed.

I've been big on Lopez for a while and knew he would be a star but stoping Deleon who was known for having a pretty good chin in the first was pretty damn impressive. The kid has excellent boxing and crippling power especailly in the right hook. Marquez and Vasquez better watch out cause this kid creeping on em'.
BigG
Juan Ma is a fuckin monster. Juan Ma and Abner Mares are two beasts. Juan Ma is champ and Mares will soon be one too.

kidbazooka1
Mares is also the real deal he'll when a title very soon.

The thing I like about Juan Ma is that he's very posied for his age even when he had Deleon hurt he didn't jump all over him recklessly he took his time and finished him like a seasoned pro. JuanMa agianst Marquez/Vasquez would be a barn burner I don't know who would win but it would guarantee to be a FOTY candidate.

Now that I think about it JuanMa kinda reminds me of the great Wilfredo Gomez who is also Puerto Rican and considered the greatest 122lb of all time. They can both box when needed and both carry crazy power ofcourse Lopez has a long way to go to be compared to somone like Gomez but they do have alot in common.
hardhead
Man, missed this fight, I was watching the Forrest Mora fight and by the time I switched back on HBO they were doing the tale of the tape for Pavlik/Lockett.. laugh.gif laugh.gif
kidbazooka1
At 5'7" JuanMa is pretty tall for the 122lb division so I could very well see him moving up acouple of weightclasses.
D-MARV
Call me Crazy but I think Juanma can runthrough the division right now!
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jun 8 2008, 06:27 PM) [snapback]391884[/snapback]
Call me Crazy but I think Juanma can runthrough the division right now!

I wouldn't be surprised especially if Marquez and Vasquez start showing signs of slowing down after the three wars they've had.

This may also be jumping the gun a bit but In my opinion JuanMa has the potential to dominate quite a few divison.
D-MARV
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jun 8 2008, 07:29 PM) [snapback]391889[/snapback]
I wouldn't be surprised especially if Marquez and Vasquez start showing signs of slowing down after the three wars they've had.

Exactly,
Izzy and Rafy are great fighters but that trilogy had to take alot from them and a young brut like JuanMa would probably stop them inside 12!

That kid is good.
BigG
Too be honest, I think Juan Ma would have a harder time with Marquez than he would Vazquez. I love Izzy and respect the hell out of him, but Juan Ma is bigger, quicker, younger, great counterpuncher and he can punch. I could see it being disaster for a come-forward fighter like Izzy.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jun 8 2008, 08:47 PM) [snapback]391894[/snapback]
Too be honest, I think Juan Ma would have a harder time with Marquez than he would Vazquez. I love Izzy and respect the hell out of him, but Juan Ma is bigger, quicker, younger, great counterpuncher and he can punch. I could see it being disaster for a come-forward fighter like Izzy.

And the southpaw stance doesn't help either.
torvix2000
Sorry, guys. As long as both Raffy and Izzy still have their firepower they will dominate JuanMa.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Jun 10 2008, 07:29 AM) [snapback]392025[/snapback]
Sorry, guys. As long as both Raffy and Izzy still have their firepower they will dominate JuanMa.

Marquez and Vasquez both have the skill and power to beat any 122lb today but the differrence may be in that they have had three very tough wars bacl to back those type of figths usually take alot out of a fighter. I agree that they may still be able to handle someone like JuanMa but you can't help think that this kid might just take them out right now.
rusty_trombone
Lopez looked pretty impressive, but I don't know if he could handle Izzy of Marquez. I'd like to see him a bit more before making that call.
D-MARV
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jun 10 2008, 11:02 AM) [snapback]392046[/snapback]
Lopez looked pretty impressive, but I don't know if he could handle Izzy of Marquez. I'd like to see him a bit more before making that call.

Lopez is the next great Puerto Rican!

I think he takes both Izzy and Rafy! If this was before the greatest trilogy of all time then I would have to favor Izzy and Rafy. BUt those wars had to take so much out of those two. I think Lopez KOs Vasquez within 7. He would take Marquez by Wide UD or late stoppage!
FenderDG3
I just got done watching the fight again on HBO OnDemand, and this just occured to me. I don't know if it's ever been mentioned on the boards before, but does anybody else think Ponce De Leon is like 122 lb. version of Ricardo Mayorga? Maybe w/o all the trash talk??
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(FenderDG3 @ Jun 10 2008, 06:29 PM) [snapback]392109[/snapback]
I just got done watching the fight again on HBO OnDemand, and this just occured to me. I don't know if it's ever been mentioned on the boards before, but does anybody else think Ponce De Leon is like 122 lb. version of Ricardo Mayorga? Maybe w/o all the trash talk??

Hmm never thought of that. I would say there skills are pretty much even.
monzo
juanma is good, but he needs more than his right hook to beat marquez.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(monzo @ Jun 10 2008, 11:53 PM) [snapback]392156[/snapback]
juanma is good, but he needs more than his right hook to beat marquez.

I do believe Marquez would be a tougher fight than Izzy for the simple fact that he's not a straight forward type fighter. Marquez picks his shots and usualy likes to fight at long range that may cayse a lot of problems for Lopez.

If Marquez and Vasquez hadn't had there trilogies and were a bit younger I would say they beat Lopez but after going through those brutal fights I think Lopez might just have the edge.

Damarvelouse I agree I realy believe Lopez will be the next great PR fighter maybe even surpassing Tito.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.