Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DLH's next move
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
Now that he has no dance partner for September, where does he go?? You know he's gonna want winnable fights. So that rules out the top 5 at WW. That kinda rules out a significant chunk at 154 too. I'm thinking Tito's name will surface again. Cant really see him going any other way.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jun 8 2008, 09:59 PM) [snapback]391911[/snapback]
Now that he has no dance partner or September, where does he go?? You know he's gonna want winnable fights. So that rules out the top 5 at WW. That kinda rules out a significant chunk at 154 too. I'm thinking Tito's name will surface again. Cant really see him going any other way.

Yes,

It has to be a big money fight with a winnable opponent. Since Oscar has always wanted to "avenge that controversial loss" to Tito, that would be the most logical choice.

Something tells me that his final fight MIGHT be against Hatton. Could you imagine the money that would generate in the UK? Hatton has also slipped well enough that Delahoya should win easily. The only catch 22 is would he be treated fairly in the UK against him? But you have to figure smaller guy, easily winnable and BIG money.

Big big fights against the Cotto-Margarito winner, and even the loser if their fight is good would be HUGE. But would Oscar want to take that type of risk at this point in his career? I doubt it.

You also have to still think that the Mayweather retirement thing could be a ploy by Floyd to get more money for their return waltz. Too early to tell.

Best guess IMO= Trinidad rematch.

Jack
thehype
Definitely Ricky Hatton
PR316
The only way a Trinidad rematch occurs is if Oscar is willing to move up to a catch weight of around 165 pounds to make the fight, otherwise is a no go.
EpTXCHAMP
I think he goes after mora. he's got the wbc strap fights at 154 and both are from east LA I could see this fight making some money if they fight at staples center. I guess trinidad? I just dont see him fighting cotto or margs or the judah/clottey winner and the other guys at welter arent big enough names yet
Yucayeke
Is Trinidad even fighting? After losing to Roy, I haven't heard anything. DLH will probably go with Hatton,
Jack 1000
Yea,

I was going to add Mora to the list. A fight with Oscar could tell us how good Mora really is, or was Forrest just that old? Oscar has trouble with movers, and Mora moves well in the ring. It would do well in any LA venue. But I am not too familiar with The Contender. How well did Mora fight on the show? Is he experienced enough to compete with Oscar?

Jack
Col Reb
With Floyd out of the picture, I'd say go Hatton at Webley, then Cotto in Mexico City. Those fights would make huge amounts of money, maybe even more than PBF.
FenderDG3
Didn't Richard Schafer say they had a "big announcement" about DLH's opponent later on this week? Hopefully we'll know before the end of the week who the mystery opponent will be.

Not sure whether DLH and Tito will be able to find a catch weight. DLH vs. Hatton would make some ridiculous money, but can DLH make 147? I know he said he was going to try to, but I saw online that DLH vs. Mayweather was going to be at 154 again. As for Mora... he took care of business against Forrest, but I don't know if he's got what it takes to do the same to DLH.

Those three sound like the most obvious choices, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jun 9 2008, 03:48 PM) [snapback]391955[/snapback]
Yea,

I was going to add Mora to the list. A fight with Oscar could tell us how good Mora really is, or was Forrest just that old? Oscar has trouble with movers, and Mora moves well in the ring. It would do well in any LA venue. But I am not too familiar with The Contender. How well did Mora fight on the show? Is he experienced enough to compete with Oscar?

Jack

You guys that are saying Mora... Damn didnt even think about that one. That makes perfect sense. Shit, i'd go even farther and say that if Mora were to win, he'd be taking the torch from DLH. He's young, speaks pretty well. Women will dig him. He's undefeated, he looks white. He's very marketable to the mainstream.

Spyder
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jun 9 2008, 06:05 PM) [snapback]391975[/snapback]
You guys that are saying Mora... Damn didnt even think about that one. That makes perfect sense. Shit, i'd go even farther and say that if Mora were to win, he'd be taking the torch from DLH. He's young, speaks pretty well. Women will dig him. He's undefeated, he looks white. He's very marketable to the mainstream.

But he punches like a girl not named Anne Wolfe...you can't cross over without a punch. See Paulie Malignaggi.
Spyder
According to Fightnews, Ricky Hatton turned down the DLH fight in lue of Paulie then Pacman...

WTF!?!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jun 9 2008, 06:28 PM) [snapback]391977[/snapback]
But he punches like a girl not named Anne Wolfe...you can't cross over without a punch. See Paulie Malignaggi.

Yeah, Mora reminds me of a bigger Paulie... You are correct. People want to se KO's. I guess they could set him up some easy KO fights with cats from the contender...

Ummm... maybe not...
slap
I personally think Its gonna be winky wright or shane mosely
KingEugene
I would love to see him fight Winky, dont care to see him lose to Mosley again. Mora would be a interesting fight as well. I dont want to make too many predictions...I'll just wait and see what happens this week.
KingEugene
Yea well I just found out I wont be getting my wish of Oscar vs. Wright...

In the words of Mr. Floyd Sr. himself from boxingscene.com...
"The guy who wont land an Oscar De La Hoya opportunity is Winky Wright. The Elder Mayweather views Wright as a very difficult opponent. And a very unnecessary opponent."

Then he goes on to say...
"Winky Wright will not get the fight. He fights in a very difficult style and who wants to fight a guy with a difficult style. He's a hard fighter to beat and he can really make it difficult."

So I guess I can hang it up but if "WE" the public ask for it enough...we all know Oscar, we'll get it.
Spyder
What do you think Oscar cares more about, the fans or his wallet?

Don't waste your energy.
D-MARV
Whats should be DLH's next move? Hmmm...

RETIREMENT!
GMontoya
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jun 8 2008, 07:59 PM) [snapback]391911[/snapback]
Now that he has no dance partner for September, where does he go?? You know he's gonna want winnable fights. So that rules out the top 5 at WW. That kinda rules out a significant chunk at 154 too. I'm thinking Tito's name will surface again. Cant really see him going any other way.

I heard tonight from a very reliable source that Tito is at the top of list.
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(GMontoya @ Jun 11 2008, 01:30 AM) [snapback]392166[/snapback]
I heard tonight from a very reliable source that Tito is at the top of list.

There is no way that fight is going to happen, the weight is too much of a difference now, Oscar cant fight at 160, and Tito cant even make it to 160...Vernon Forrest fucked up, he probably wouldve been the opponent had he beat Mora. There is always the chance that Oscar could tempt Paulie Malignaggi into taking the fight... Hatton doesnt want it, but I bet Paulie would jump at the chance to take it
Spyder
Oscar should just give a fan a shot at the DLH Lottery! I'd take the fight!

Apollo Creed gave Rocky a chance to win the Heavyweight Championship of the World. All I want is the payday.

thumbsup_anim.gif
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jun 11 2008, 10:20 AM) [snapback]392209[/snapback]

Apollo Creed gave Rocky a chance to win the Heavyweight Championship of the World. All I want is the payday.

thumbsup_anim.gif

Nah he should give the fight to the most deserving fighter of modern era.... EMMANUEL "GOD" AUGUSTUS
PUERTOROCKS
I think for 25-30 million Tito would somehow make weight lol.
Method
Trinidad could cut off both ass cheeks, offer up a kidney and a portion of his liver, and he'd be good to go.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jun 11 2008, 01:20 PM) [snapback]392209[/snapback]

thumbsup_anim.gif

Sheeeeeeit!!! I weigh 250, I'd make weight for that one!!! Crack and slim fast baby!!! I'd win too!!!
KingEugene
I read on boxingscene.com that Oscar is considering Winky Wright even though trainer Floyd Sr. said that would be a fight he wouldnt like for Oscar to take.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.