Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Williams vs Judah
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Wouldn't this be a fun ass fight...Judah comes to fight and is an offensive beast for the first 4-6 rounds of a fight. Williams is like a foot taller and just regained his belt in devastating fashion. I don't know about you guys but I'd love this fight. laugh.gif

I really hope Judah beats Clottey.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jun 9 2008, 03:49 AM) [snapback]391925[/snapback]
Wouldn't this be a fun ass fight...Judah comes to fight and is an offensive beast for the first 4-6 rounds of a fight. Williams is like a foot taller and just regained his belt in devastating fashion. I don't know about you guys but I'd love this fight. laugh.gif

I really hope Judah beats Clottey.

Its not really THAT good of a fight. I just dont think Judah is competitive with the top 5 at WW. I think Williams swarms Judah with those long ass arms and stops him within the 1st 5 rounds. The fight would look like Penny Hardaway vs Lil Penny...
U.S. Champ
I agree, Zab would be in trouble against Paul. Anyways Being a certified Zab Judah fan I respect that he has the heart to take tough fights but Clottey gives me nightmare's I really don't see him winning that fight and back to Paul with his reach, speed and newfound power I think the whole division let alone Zab should be ducking him
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jun 9 2008, 02:48 AM) [snapback]391926[/snapback]
Its not really THAT good of a fight. I just dont think Judah is competitive with the top 5 at WW. I think Williams swarms Judah with those long ass arms and stops him within the 1st 5 rounds. The fight would look like Penny Hardaway vs Lil Penny...

lol taking back to the old school air penny!

first things first judah has to take care of clottey. If he does I would advise him not to go against williams I agree I think it would be exciting but unless williams is weight drained a yr from now i would pick williams by UD.

If zab beats clottey I think he should go for a cotto rematch winner fights floyd when he un retires in 09 lol laugh.gif
thehype
It would be fun in the sense that you might get to see Zab do the chicken dance again.

laugh.gif

Seriously though, give Zab's bad habit of pulling back with his hands down, I really don't think fighting a guy with Williams reach is a good for Zab. I still think he'd be better off fighting at 140...why he hasn't made the move back down to start calling out Malignaggi and/or Hatton is beyond me.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Jun 9 2008, 01:05 PM) [snapback]391949[/snapback]
lol taking back to the old school air penny!

first things first judah has to take care of clottey. If he does I would advise him not to go against williams I agree I think it would be exciting but unless williams is weight drained a yr from now i would pick williams by UD.

If zab beats clottey I think he should go for a cotto rematch winner fights floyd when he un retires in 09 lol laugh.gif

You really think Zab should go after a rematch with Cotto?? I hate Zab Judah, but even I don't want to see Zab get another beating like that. Getting an a$$ whooping like that from Cotto once is bad enough. I honestly think getting a second beating by Cotto would have serious long term effects on Zab's health. If I'm Zab's handlers I don't put them anywhere near a ring with Cotto or Williams for that matter.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(FenderDG3 @ Jun 9 2008, 03:58 PM) [snapback]391972[/snapback]
You really think Zab should go after a rematch with Cotto?? I hate Zab Judah, but even I don't want to see Zab get another beating like that. Getting an a$$ whooping like that from Cotto once is bad enough. I honestly think getting a second beating by Cotto would have serious long term effects on Zab's health. If I'm Zab's handlers I don't put them anywhere near a ring with Cotto or Williams for that matter.

Everyone knows zab belongs at 140 but Im guessing he figures if all goes wrong at 147 he can always go down to 140.

hey why not go for the guy on top of the welter world? plus if zab beats clottey he'd have the ibf strap again cotto would have the wba unify those put it back in the garden and in the words of joel judah bam you got $$$$ lol.

as for the beating zab did take some licks but getting hit in ur nuts has to take something out of judah I think it could not saying WOULD have been a different fight but could have been if not for the nut shots.plus no one not even shane has hurt cotto at 147 like zab did. It had good action and I wouldnt mind seeing it again . .
BigG
Well, Williams is very hittable. Quintana couldnt miss him with the left in the first fight. Williams would win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Judah hurt him with one of those big lefts.
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jun 9 2008, 07:55 PM) [snapback]391987[/snapback]
Well, Williams is very hittable. Quintana couldnt miss him with the left in the first fight. Williams would win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Judah hurt him with one of those big lefts.

no surprise too me either!

He has hurt or buzzed everyone he has fought! He would buzz Paul but he wouldn't finish! Paul has a very good chin.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Jun 9 2008, 06:09 PM) [snapback]391981[/snapback]
as for the beating zab did take some licks but getting hit in ur nuts has to take something out of judah I think it could not saying WOULD have been a different fight but could have been if not for the nut shots.plus no one not even shane has hurt cotto at 147 like zab did. It had good action and I wouldnt mind seeing it again . .

I'm sure the nut shots took a little out of Judah, but that doesn't change the fact that he took a lot of leather. I can't think of a time I've seen Zab's face that mangled... I mean his right eye was destroyed. I tried to find a post fight pic of it, but I couldn't find on on Google images. And yeah Zab might have been or would be more competitive in a rematch w/o the nut shots, but the accumulation of punishment could quite possibly end his career. I think a rematch would be more of the same especially after Zab quits after the 4th or 5th round.
slap
QUOTE(thehype @ Jun 9 2008, 04:57 PM) [snapback]391971[/snapback]
It would be fun in the sense that you might get to see Zab do the chicken dance again.

laugh.gif

Seriously though, give Zab's bad habit of pulling back with his hands down, I really don't think fighting a guy with Williams reach is a good for Zab. I still think he'd be better off fighting at 140...why he hasn't made the move back down to start calling out Malignaggi and/or Hatton is beyond me.

yeah I think hatton vs judah is a hell of a fight
KingEugene
I just want to see him back in the ring, whoop a big name opponent, and shut all of his critics up.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Can anyone explain to me why Cotto is considered such a beast?

Sure I understand he does the business but Zab had him hurt so bad in their fight he resorted to hitting him in the nuts to stay in the fight (and lets be honest thats exactly what he did.)

As well as that Mosley had him in some reasonable trouble late into their fight, Cotto wanted no part of Sugar in the 12th plus I've seen him hurt in numerous other fights.

I think he's lucky he didn't face PBF because I see PBF picking him apart the same way Nard did to Trinidad and stopping Cotto late after a brutal whooping ( and no I'm not a PBF fan probably more a Cotto fan if the truth be known but I think that's the way the fight would play out, Floyd loves guys who come to him).

Hell I think he could even be in a world of trouble against Margarito if he finds that after cracking Tony a couple of times in the early rounds Tony's still there smiling at him (which I suspect he will be).

For all that I'm still a Cotto fan because everytime I spend my pay per view bucks on him he delivers but I'm still not sure if he's the real deal yet.

If someone can talk me around I'm all ears.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jun 10 2008, 07:29 AM) [snapback]392034[/snapback]
Some of what you say has some truth, but you are a little hard.

Yes his chin has been suspect and has got rocked a few times. Yes Judah stunned him with a few shots which is nothing to laugh about anyways. Judah hits pretty hard and he throws them quick as well, so it shouldn't be a huge knock on Cotto. Besides that, Judah wasn't beating Cotto, he landed shots one at a time and didn't put them together, he was just catching and hurting Cotto here and there, but can't put punches together so that's about as good as he did, besides that he got a beating.
He also resorted to hitting Judah low. I can see why people don't like it, but this is boxing. Some fighters will do anything to win and others don't do it because it's morally wrong. I can't blame a guy for resorting to that.
As for Mosley, he out boxed him and hit him hard. Did Mosley come on late? Yeah he did, so what. Mosley is a world class fighter, I'm sure you weren't expecting Cotto to steam roll Mosley in a couple of rounds? If you didn't, why do you hold it against Cotto for having a tough fight against a world class fighter. DLH tired down the stretch with Mosley as well. That should say a lot about Mosley. I think you are being a bit hard on Cotto. No reason to hold it against him for being in a close fight with Mosley. It was about dead even on sporting line odds, and about the same when it came to polls by fans. The fight reflected on that, as it was as close as odds and polls predicted. Shouldn't be held against him.

yea it does say alot about mosely. man the guy must of taken extra dosages of that EPO for those fights lol laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
Judah comes out & gets stretched quickly. We all laugh as usual when Zab gets Ko'd but Big G becomes a alcoholic from seeing one too many Judah beatdowns & ends up on the streets hanging with Zab who coincidently is also homeless after thet fight.
BigG
No, Judah knocks out the hittable Williams, calls out Kostya Tszyu, beats him like a dog and makes him quit for the 2nd straight time and Zahir Raheem becomes undisputed 135 champ and all becomes well for me. laugh.gif
KingEugene
I'm telling you guys, there is something about Judah lately. We will see a turn around in his next fight. I think he has finally realized he needs to get hiself together and start whooping some ass. In August we will see a revamped Judah. I predict a knockout. JUST WATCH. Paul Williams dont want any...he was just talking off adrenaline.
JD
QUOTE(KingEugene @ Jun 10 2008, 08:46 PM) [snapback]392129[/snapback]
I'm telling you guys, there is something about Judah lately.

Yeah...no doubt. He was very impressive falling through that glass shower door.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(JD @ Jun 10 2008, 07:49 PM) [snapback]392130[/snapback]

LMFAO
Top Rank
QUOTE(JD @ Jun 10 2008, 08:49 PM) [snapback]392130[/snapback]

He probably was doing the chicken dance in the shower, slipped and fell through the glass door. laugh.gif
KingEugene
QUOTE(JD @ Jun 10 2008, 08:49 PM) [snapback]392130[/snapback]

LMAO
slap
yeah I think judah will beat the hell out of clottey but he wants no part of paul williams he should fight kermit cintron after clottey 2 boost his confidence then go after a big name
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(slap @ Jun 11 2008, 12:30 PM) [snapback]392222[/snapback]
yeah I think judah will beat the hell out of clottey but he wants no part of paul williams he should fight kermit cintron after clottey 2 boost his confidence then go after a big name

cintron is damaged goods and wouldnt really do much for zabs resume

I say he should go after cotto margs winner or even the golden boy. Paul is the last guy I want to see zab in the ring with
salvador
QUOTE(slap @ Jun 11 2008, 02:30 PM) [snapback]392222[/snapback]

Clottey's too big for Zab and will, in all probability, knock Zab out. But if Zab happens to get by Clottey, he should fight the biggest money fight he can (Hatton or DLH or Mosley) and then retire. Zab's too small for 147 and wouldn't stand a chance against any of the top guys, including Cintron.
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Jun 11 2008, 01:39 PM) [snapback]392224[/snapback]

I say he should go after cotto margs winner or even the golden boy. Paul is the last guy I want to see zab in the ring with

I dont think Cintron is damaged goods. He has only lost to one fighter. He can still come back just like Shane did after Forrest.
I do agree that Zab against Williams is a great fight.
dj necrogenic
Its amazing how much that turd Zab Judah gets overrated here.... The guy is useless in big fights, and not only does his lack of ring discipline destroy his career, his lack of discipline outside of the ring is destroying his career... the guy cant even train properly without putting his arm through a shower door (WTF?)

People keep thinking "A focused Judah could clean up" one fucking problem! There is no such thing as a focused Judah... Frankly i get sick to my stomach everytime i wonder why this asshole hasnt been relegated to fighting on the undercard of a Wednesday Night Fights, how does he keep getting these big fights?
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Jun 11 2008, 04:16 PM) [snapback]392262[/snapback]
Its amazing how much that turd Zab Judah gets overrated here.... The guy is useless in big fights, and not only does his lack of ring discipline destroy his career, his lack of discipline outside of the ring is destroying his career... the guy cant even train properly without putting his arm through a shower door (WTF?)

People keep thinking "A focused Judah could clean up" one fucking problem! There is no such thing as a focused Judah... Frankly i get sick to my stomach everytime i wonder why this asshole hasnt been relegated to fighting on the undercard of a Wednesday Night Fights, how does he keep getting these big fights?

I think doug fischer said it best on describing why people keep wanting to see zab judah. (and its prob the same reasons why he keeps getting important fights) he said something along the line that zab just has great god given abilites that not many other fighters have. Which is true margs cintron clottey collazo hatton and even cotto dont have the gifts this guy was given. Does he use them right no like he said something mental gets in the way. But he closed it by saying people will always tune in to see if one night he can put it all together and be the great fighter people thought he was gonna be.

god given abilites, his name and resume I think is whats keeping him around

I believe zab should be at 140 but its not like clottey is a huge welter. the guy is 5'7 just like zab and struggled to finish a lightweight in Diego.
slap
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Jun 11 2008, 01:39 PM) [snapback]392224[/snapback]

yeah cintron is damaged goods thats why I said the fight could be a confidence booster for zab
KingEugene
Cintron would be a confidence booster but Cintron doesnt deserve the fight if Zab wins. I hope he does win and I dont think he's overated. He gets the respect cause he earned the respect. Of course he isnt the prototypical fighter everyone wishes he would be but nobody is perfect. I believe he will turn his career around and shut all his critics/haters up. Moving back down to 140....I do agree with. Dominate down there for a while and if a big money fight comes along then move back up. But Zab will become Champion again.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Jun 11 2008, 02:00 PM) [snapback]392240[/snapback]
I dont think Cintron is damaged goods. He has only lost to one fighter. He can still come back just like Shane did after Forrest.
I do agree that Zab against Williams is a great fight.

yea but shane was already an accomplished fighter when he loss to vernon. cintron hasnt proven anything he hasnt beaten anyone worth mentioning
when a fighter is best known for his losses thats not a good sign that he can turn it around. like Ive said from day one cintron was nothing more than a C fighter who happen to get the vacant strap and become relevant for a while by fighting a bum for that belt when he stepped up his competition he got ko'd!
buford54
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Jun 11 2008, 06:16 PM) [snapback]392262[/snapback]

An enthusiastic co-sign!

You can't be what you're not. Judah can't focus. He is far to immature and reactionary. He can't keep a cool head when he gets hit, he can't create or stick to a game plan. He poses a challenge to anyone for 4 rounds, but as soon as anyone adjusts to his speed, he's done for. He is essentially a one trick-pony, and everyone knows his trick.
If he hasn't learned how to focus by now after fights against Tszyu, Spinks, Baldomir, Mayweather or Cotto and arguably Omar Weis...he isn't going to learn.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.