Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is buying Casamayor-Marquez PPV?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Chillmatic
Casamayor and Marquez have been in some great fights. They've also been in some certified stinkers. When these two counterpunchers face other counterpunchers, it usually ends up being a stinker.

Golden Boy Promotions, who have brought you some of the most absurd PPVs in recent memory, Hopkins-Wright and the recently cancelled Judah-Mosley card, are now asking you to shell out 50 bucks to see two non-aggressive fighters past their prime go at it.

I wonder what the undercard is going to look like, Fres Oquendo versus Sultan Ibragimov? How about Cory Spinks-Joachin Alcine?

This would be a very interesting fight if not for the unnecessary price tag. That we have to pay for it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Mean Mister Mustard
As much as I am a fan of JMM I must admit this sould not be on PPV. This is the time when Boxing fans should stick together and e-mail HBO telling them to put that on WCB or don't show it at all.
hardhead
I can't believe this is on PPV and at 50 DOLLARS!!! FUCK that, times are tough as it is, i doubt I'll be getting this. I'll have to settle for a cheap bootlegged copy from a trader a couple weeks after. BULLSHIT.

Besides I don't really want to see any other fight at lightweight but Nate Campbell/Joel Cassamyor...oh well...
FenderDG3
I thought Cassa was fighting Juan Diaz??
JD
This can't be on HBO PPV...the week after it is scheduled is when Oscar is supposed to be fighting.

That...and the fact that no Casamayor fight should be on PPV.
Jack 1000
A terrible PPV fight for the reasons everyone has said. This should be on regular HBO.

Jack
BigG
This will flop so bad if its PPV...
torvix2000
People should support Marquez so that he will no longer go crazy after Pac. He should make a career without Pac who's clearly not so eager to fight him anytime soon.
D-MARV
Now way this is PPV worthy!

They better come out with a great undercard
kidbazooka1
I actually think Marquez vs Casa deserves PPV more than Diaz/Pac.

The Marquez/Casa fight will be a competitve one to where as Pac/Diaz will be a total mismatch IMO.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jun 12 2008, 03:36 PM) [snapback]392400[/snapback]
I actually think Marquez vs Casa deserves PPV more than Diaz/Pac.

The Marquez/Casa fight will be a competitve one to where as Pac/Diaz will be a total mismatch IMO.

Good point. Still, none of these fights should be PPV.
kidbazooka1
I think Marquez and GB are going after Casamayor in an attempt to get Pac. Reason being if Marquez beats Casa he'll hold the lineal championship so if Manny wants to be known as the real champ at 135lb he would have to agian go through Marquez just my two cents what do you guys think?
Imperius3
No, this shouldn't be a PPV. Of course, in my view, all fights should be free. I like both of these fighters, and I will enjoy this fight. Looks like I'll be going to the local strip club to watch this one!
BigG
Well, if it has a great undercard, it might be worth it. But GBP undercards have really sucked.
buford54
Cassa needs to fight Campbell again. There really isn't another fight that matters in that division.
Nate got robbed in their first fight and Joel clearly isn't interested in fighting him again.
GBP is going to learn the hard way to stop making ridiculous PPV's. This will flop, big time.
CreDog
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jun 12 2008, 11:31 PM) [snapback]392449[/snapback]
I think Marquez and GB are going after Casamayor in an attempt to get Pac. Reason being if Marquez beats Casa he'll hold the lineal championship so if Manny wants to be known as the real champ at 135lb he would have to agian go through Marquez just my two cents what do you guys think?

What about Nate Campbell??

CreDog
This is what's shitty about boxing, all of these matchups are entertaining, but in no way should they be on PPV.... Now if you were to bundle them together and package as a lightweight tournament, then it's justifiable.

But $50 bones on Casa/Marquez or Pac/Diaz.... ugggh...
uneffable
PPV? Really? This shit should be on ESPN2.

Why would anyone spend money on this? Do they think because Marquez put up a decent fight against Pacquiao that he makes a good PPV? I think you fail to realize that without Pacquaio (or an action fighter) there isn't a fight. This is a waste of money. I'd rather put two goldfish in the same bowl and watch 'em go at it.
salvador
Forrest-Mora 2 is on the undercard.

That said, this is a joke of a PPV and it is shocking/insulting that HBO would attempt it, particularly since Campbell-Guzman will be on Showtime that night.
kidbazooka1
Im buying it.
BigG
I cant wait for this fight...
rusty_trombone
I will never buy a fight with Casamayor as the top billing.
Big Slim Sweet
Hell fuckin' no.
Tha Docta
i will second that hell fuckin no. neither of these guys are close to ppv material unless their opponents are superstars. i realize marquez is one of the best right now, but give me a fuckin break here. anybody that buys this card should be ashamed of themselves. the campbell vs guzman fight is just as good as this one and its on regular cable.
hardhead
Even though these two guys are counterpunchers I think this will be a good matchup, it's definitely a fight that intrigues me. I just think it's an HBO type of fight(much less a $50 PPV). I'll be at the Campbell/Guzman live and to be honest I talk a lot of shit but I probably shouldn't because I'll probably end up getting it anyway as i'm a junkie and I am at least somewhat intrigued by the fight. Who knows, I guess it'll be a game time decision... thumbsup_anim.gif

Mean Mister Mustard
On the one hand this fight should not be PPV. On the otherhand it's a hell of a matchup. But this fidures to be a tactical fight whichshould be enjoyed in the comfort of a couch and not a chair at a bar. I dunno.
kidbazooka1
F*ck that alot of idiots buy Hopkins fights who is probably the most boring fighter in boxing today. Yes I know he's a well known fighter and all but I'll be willing to bet that this fight will be more exciting than any Hopkins fight of the last 7 years.
D-MARV
I much rather watch Guzman Campbell for free!!!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 11 2008, 10:06 PM) [snapback]400159[/snapback]
I much rather watch Guzman Campbell for free!!!

Oh that's right it's the same day. Bit of a problem here.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JD @ Jun 11 2008, 09:20 PM) [snapback]392320[/snapback]
This can't be on HBO PPV...the week after it is scheduled is when Oscar is supposed to be fighting.

That...and the fact that no Casamayor fight should be on PPV.

Casamayor has been on PPV before and he punched Diego Corrales' mouth piece through his lip!!It was a amazing fight too..I believe it was on the under card of Toney/Holyfield..The Corrales/Casamayor fight was worth the money of the PPV alone..This fight though,should not be on PPV..The only way I agree with ya is that Casamayor isn't a main eventer on PPV's but he definitely deserves to be on PPV..Casamayor is highly under rated I think and doesn't get the respect he deserves..Casamayor beat JL Castillo clearly(by an obvious 2 points) in my opinion but the judges decided for JL Castillo some how..Both Casamayor and Marquez may be both counter punchers but they both are not strictly counter punchers..Casamayor and Marquez are both beasts when they are aggressive but they are better at counter punching..Still I think the fight shouldn't be on PPV and think boxing should only put very serious fights on PPV that mean more to the fans..Pac-man and DLH better not be on PPV cause in my opinion it's the same as this fight being put on PPV,just different names..A smaller guy moving up in weight to fight a bigger guy..They may turn out to be awesome fights but doesn't deserve PPV status..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 11 2008, 04:25 PM) [snapback]400112[/snapback]
On the one hand this fight should not be PPV. On the otherhand it's a hell of a matchup. But this fidures to be a tactical fight whichshould be enjoyed in the comfort of a couch and not a chair at a bar. I dunno.

I definitely agree with you man..This is a great match up and I know it'll be a really exciting fight too..It's just not a 50 dollar fight though in my opinion..I might still get it though,but I'd be sooo unhappy with HBO since they're trying to drain all my money out my pockets..JS Cruz was a fluke on Casamayor's part even though JS Cruz is a serious threat to anyone..You can't say he's a boring fighter or anything like that,ya know??He had one bad night!!Everyone does..Casamayor has given boxing sooo many great fights..This fight could be tactical,or it could be a BOXING banger(lots of punches,but skillful)..A KO is very possible..Good call though Mean Mister Mustard and I've been wanting to tell you,that'd a dope icon ya use..hahaha..IT is the man!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.