Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Happening
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Al Hata

Worst movie I have ever seen. It's completely ridiculous. Don't waste your time going to see this with all the other summer movies that are out or coming out. I'm not gonna spoil it for people who really want to see it, but if you want to know what its about send me a pm.
BGv2.0
Dude....with a Hulk Vs. Abomination street fight this weekend....there is NOWAY in hell I'll be seeing this!

It looked visually interesting....but so did his putrid pile The Village....

Was this WORSE than the Village??? I don't see how it could be!
Al Hata
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jun 12 2008, 02:47 PM) [snapback]392393[/snapback]
Dude....with a Hulk Vs. Abomination street fight this weekend....there is NOWAY in hell I'll be seeing this!

It looked visually interesting....but so did his putrid pile The Village....

Was this WORSE than the Village??? I don't see how it could be!

The village was better than this. And yeah, I'll be seeing the Hulk asap.
jp
Fuck......I was looking forward to seeing this
JD
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Jun 12 2008, 06:09 PM) [snapback]392409[/snapback]
The village was better than this. .

The Village was one of the worst movies I have EVER seen. The Happening must have been awful.
D-MARV
Good Tip! Thank you
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Jun 12 2008, 05:09 PM) [snapback]392409[/snapback]
The village was better than this. And yeah, I'll be seeing the Hulk asap.

The HULK was F'N AWESOME!

I can't wait to see the Leader in the next one!

Marvel has really taken these films to a whole other level.
Spyder
M. Knight Sham-a-lot is the best example of a one trick pony that American cinema has. That dude made ONE good movie...and he's now a millionaire and can make ANY fucking movie that he wants.

He could film himself taking a dump, and one of the big studios would buy it from him. Freakin ridiculous!
Maxy
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Jun 12 2008, 01:07 PM) [snapback]392392[/snapback]
Worst movie I have ever seen. It's completely ridiculous. Don't waste your time going to see this with all the other summer movies that are out or coming out. I'm not gonna spoil it for people who really want to see it, but if you want to know what its about send me a pm.

Was going to see this...but I won't now.

Cheers for the warning.

BTW, whats happened to your gym in webl man? You can't walk away being the pioneer and all that.
Bill The Butcher
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jun 14 2008, 09:02 AM) [snapback]392562[/snapback]
M. Knight Sham-a-lot is the best example of a one trick pony that American cinema has. That dude made ONE good movie...and he's now a millionaire and can make ANY fucking movie that he wants.

He could film himself taking a dump, and one of the big studios would buy it from him. Freakin ridiculous!

Well, after some of his flops, and probably after this movie, he is going to seriously have a hard time getting a big studio to produce his movies. No joke. And I don't blame them, he has been going down hill.

I was going to see this movie, but now I'm hearing all these negative comments. Glad people gave a warning.
Al Hata
QUOTE(Maxy @ Jun 14 2008, 05:34 PM) [snapback]392589[/snapback]
Was going to see this...but I won't now.

Cheers for the warning.

BTW, whats happened to your gym in webl man? You can't walk away being the pioneer and all that.

Work blocked webl...
BGv2.0
A buddy of mine called me this morning PISSED about this shitty movie he saw.....can you guess what it was? lol

YEP....the happening

He said this was the worst movie he had ever seen in his whole life. Generally me and this guy dig the same films....so I'm avoiding this one.

I asked why he did not catch the Hulk throwdown....he said he never saw the first one and was not sure he needed to to understand this one.

So....to avoid a possible screw up for anybody else that might assume this.....

let me say YOU DO NOT have to see the last Hulk film to understand this one. The only thing this one has in common is that it starts in the same country that the first one ended in. A minor detail that will not effect understanding the film.

I'm going to go see it again on Sunday!
Maxy
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Jun 14 2008, 05:09 PM) [snapback]392592[/snapback]
Work blocked webl...

Shall I just activate your fighters and keep them busy in relatively 'danger free' bouts until you can sort something?
Al Hata
QUOTE(Maxy @ Jun 15 2008, 12:40 PM) [snapback]392643[/snapback]
Shall I just activate your fighters and keep them busy in relatively 'danger free' bouts until you can sort something?

Sure, why not? Is Butkiss still fighting? I'd LOVE to get another crack at him.
Maxy
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Jun 15 2008, 01:26 PM) [snapback]392649[/snapback]
Sure, why not? Is Butkiss still fighting? I'd LOVE to get another crack at him.

I think Butkiss has retired again.

OK, I'll make fights for your gym to keep things ticking over.
Al Hata
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jun 13 2008, 09:54 PM) [snapback]392546[/snapback]
The HULK was F'N AWESOME!

I can't wait to see the Leader in the next one!

Marvel has really taken these films to a whole other level.

I saw the Hulk today and gotta agree, it was SICK. Marvel has done a great job with Iron man and Hulk, next level stuff for sure.
Method

Thats funny. My brother called me up after leaving the theater and said it was the worst movie he ever saw.
BigG
There hasn't been a good horror movie since Exorcism of Emily Rose....in fact, I think that's the only good horror film in recent years....

And yeah Marvels been awesome...Spiderman, Iron Man, and I'll be seeing Hulk in a few days.
Method
Spiderman 3 was fucking GAY. Problem is Toby Maguire. He's just a fag. It sucks to because the concept of Spiderman is great. When i was a little kid, that was MY Superhero (he and Batman). The movies are cool enough with the special effects, but the storyline in part III, and the Tobey Maguire factor, sucks.

As for he Hulk, George, don't get your hopes up. Ed Norton tried to get OFF the project once he saw the dailies. Went through this huge ordeal because he was so disappointed with how it turned out. Unfortunately for him (who I love as an actor), he is/was contractually bound, so he could not get out of the project. However, a lot of the hollywood rag sites (TMZ, Bastardly, thesuperficial) all talk about how he's not doing any promo for the flick, leaving it all up to Liv Tyler, and trying to put as much distance as possible between himself and the movie.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Method @ Jun 17 2008, 11:39 AM) [snapback]392831[/snapback]
Spiderman 3 was fucking GAY. Problem is Toby Maguire. He's just a fag. It sucks to because the concept of Spiderman is great. When i was a little kid, that was MY Superhero (he and Batman). The movies are cool enough with the special effects, but the storyline in part III, and the Tobey Maguire factor, sucks.

As for he Hulk, George, don't get your hopes up. Ed Norton tried to get OFF the project once he saw the dailies. Went through this huge ordeal because he was so disappointed with how it turned out. Unfortunately for him (who I love as an actor), he is/was contractually bound, so he could not get out of the project. However, a lot of the hollywood rag sites (TMZ, Bastardly, thesuperficial) all talk about how he's not doing any promo for the flick, leaving it all up to Liv Tyler, and trying to put as much distance as possible between himself and the movie.

The problem with Spiderman 3 is the fault of the studio....period. All involved tried to do the best they could, but the studio pushed them all in a direction they did not want to go. The studio knew that the contracts for everybody were up with this last film, Sam Raimi's, Maguire's and Dunst's....Raimi wanted to do the 3rd film with JUST the Sandman and Gobin's son and set up The Lizard before his departure from the series. Many, Many times Raimi said he wanted nothing to do with Venom....but knowing that the contracts would expire, the studio FORCED the Venom aspect onto not only Riami but the actors and everyone involved.

And the movie suffered as a result.....Venom is too large a figure in the SM mythos....he could have carried his own film, when you attempt to squeeze not 1, not 2...but 3 major villians into 1 film....something is going to suffer.

By forcing Sandman, Goblin AND Venom....the writing was compacted to squeeze everything in.....and even the most clueless viewer could see it. The origin of Venom and the black suit was rushed in this film and as a result the series suffers from a VERY WEAK 3rd film.

As for Toby....I myself never had an issue with him as Spiderman....BUT...you will be happy to know the studio is alreay talking about a different actor to play the role for the forth film.

As for the MORON Ed Norton, who I usually like.....he needs to have his head examined. He was upset with the editing of the film....and I admit, while watching the film I did notice two VERY BAD edits. But it's highly unlikely that most viewing audiences will even notice it. A person would really have to be a "student" of film to catch the issues.....which most fans don't look that damn hard at a film.

The huge gross this film is going to make is a testament to how much better of a film this one is than the Ang Lee original....bad edits and all!

The thing about the Hulk, which is unlike other Super hero movies...is that the actor playing Bruce Banner has ZERO connection to the Hulk who at his full form is CGI. Spiderman, Batman, Superman, Ironman.....all these alter ego's are connected to the hero in a very close personal way...the same cannot be said of the Hulk.

SO.....by acting like a complete dick, he will basically fuck himself out of a lucrative sequel...and leave the door open for a 3rd actor in as many films to play Banner...and unlike other hero flicks....NOBODY will give a shit. If I were Marvel I'd be telling Norton to suck a big fat one.....and get ready to bankroll the next one without his ass.
Bill The Butcher
I couldn't have agreed more. I hated that they had 3 villains in the 3rd Spiderman.

The other two weren't the best, but they were entertaining enough to be enjoyable to watch. The third one I couldn't say the same. That movie sucked big time. It was WAYYYYYY too CORNY! I can't believe I sat through the whole thing. They should have just left it with the Sandman as the villain, and of course have the Goblin as well. But that's it! Leave that damn Venom character out! At least for now...

Also, I heard that Edward Norton is mad at the whole thing is because he helped write the original script for this movie and they edited a lot of stuff out? Well, that's what I heard.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Jun 17 2008, 06:10 PM) [snapback]392856[/snapback]
Also, I heard that Edward Norton is mad at the whole thing is because he helped write the original script for this movie and they edited a lot of stuff out? Well, that's what I heard.

Edward Norton, great actor that he is has a history of being a total control freak and wanting to be a director on a set when not actually hired as such. This is like the third time he has done BS like this. Originally, he stated that he wanted to give the main people in the film more emotion and "umph".....so...being gratious, the Director allowed him to take the script and rework it, what happened is that Norton was not happy with the final cut due to what he considered awful editing.....BUT...more likely than not....by that I'll bet a ton of shit he added was cut and it pissed him off.

IF that is the case (because it might not be, as I said before I did notice a couple of terrible edits) Norton is forgetting how emotional buildup and dialouge KILLED Ang Lee's version just 3 years ago.

I myself never had the major issues most had with the first film...but MANY people hated it and claimed it to be "way too slow".

With that in mind...there was NO WAY the studio was going to fall into that trap again.

Many times a audience reaction speaks volumes.....BOTH times I saw the film this past weekend, both were packed and the audiance applauded at the end. I even heard positive comments on the way out...one of which being "now THAT is the way the Hulk should be!"

BigG
Method, I didn't like Spiderman 3 as well. They ruined Venom for me. Venom is quite possibly the most popular villain in the Spider-Man series and should've had an entire movie with him as the lone villain. I'm not a fan of Toby but I thought he did a good enough job in Spiderman 1.

I was hoping they'd at least put Venom in with Carnage but they killed him off after a crappy movie.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jun 18 2008, 05:56 AM) [snapback]392893[/snapback]
Method, I didn't like Spiderman 3 as well. They ruined Venom for me. Venom is quite possibly the most popular villain in the Spider-Man series and should've had an entire movie with him as the lone villain. I'm not a fan of Toby but I thought he did a good enough job in Spiderman 1.

I was hoping they'd at least put Venom in with Carnage but they killed him off after a crappy movie.

Don't worry....I think in due time you will see a proper Vemon/Spiderman flick. Even if it takes a "resetting" of the franchise. I'm not sure when Marvel gets the rights back to SM...but when they do....They will do it right!

You know....some comic figures are simply too huge to ever be done without CGI....The Hulk, The Abomination...both are HUGE beasts in the comics, and in that sense with Marvel going full CGI....you can create that on the screen.

Which brings me to one of my most personal dissapointments.....the Juggernaught in X3! In the comics....he is huge, a monster that can more than hold his own with Hulk....but because the studios screw things up.....take a look at Marvel's Hulk and face him off with X3's Juggernaught and it's laughable!

Juggernaught AND Thing should have been CGI.

And don't get me wrong....I'm not a huge fan of excessive CGI...but some figures simply call for it. Apocolypse would be another.
Method
WOW. I am humbled by the insight, boys. I never followed the comics that closely, but valid points, BV and the like, on them cramming 3 villains into the 3rd installment.

...also, if that's why Ed Norton's panties were in a twist, fuck him. He's one of my favorite actors, but bitch moves are bitch moves. IMO, he shouldn't even be fucking around with this genre, but whatever.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Method @ Jun 18 2008, 02:40 PM) [snapback]392940[/snapback]
IMO, he shouldn't even be fucking around with this genre, but whatever.

Man...I thought the same exact thing when I heard he was cast....BUT...he actually wanted the role really bad because he is a HUGE Hulk fan. Ben Afflick did the same thing when he took Daredevil....at that time he was a pretty big marquee name value....but took a HUGE paycut to simply get the role because he's a huge Daredevil fan....(which I am too....and I am hoping that they try to bring that back too....BUT....Daredevil being as dark as he is and a lesser Marvel commodity...I'm lucky I even got one film!)

Downey Jr. busted his ass for the role of Iron Man because of being a fan, but also identifying with the heros addiction that will no doubt be seen in the next film.
Method
Im a Downey Jr fan. Not so much his personal persona, but I really think he puts out quality performances.

I did not see Iron Man yet, but I heard nothing but good things about it. I plan on seeing it when its on TV.

I am not at all familiar with the Iron Man back story.

I really hope Downey, Jr, the person, can fly straight. He's a great actor.

"It's like I have the barrel of the gun in my mouth, and I like the taste of the metal"

- Robert Downey Jr to an LA judge
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Method @ Jun 18 2008, 03:19 PM) [snapback]392960[/snapback]
Im a Downey Jr fan. Not so much his personal persona, but I really think he puts out quality performances.

I did not see Iron Man yet, but I heard nothing but good things about it. I plan on seeing it when its on TV.

I am not at all familiar with the Iron Man back story.

I really hope Downey, Jr, the person, can fly straight. He's a great actor.

"It's like I have the barrel of the gun in my mouth, and I like the taste of the metal"

- Robert Downey Jr to an LA judge

He's been pretty well straight for a few years now. I think he FINALLY killed those inner demons.

In the comics Iron Man battles a constant fight with alcoholism, things at one point got so bad he had to go detox, and his close friend took over as Iron Man while he was away.

Here is the famous #128 cover of Iron man.

It's also the reason you can find a host of images like this on the net....lol

BigG
Saw the Hulk with some friends.

I thought it was REALLY average. Some good action here and there...really cool special effects....but nothing special. I personally think Iron Man and Spiderman BOTH top it. Its better than that other Hulk movie at least.
Bill The Butcher
I'm not a huge fan of over the top action movies. Don't get me wrong, they're entertaining and have their place in movies, but personally, I like to watch super hero movies that go into the character of the hero. Builds the character and story up. It makes it easier to like the character and root for him/her.

I'll be checking out the Hulk tomorrow with my daughter and fiance. The worst I have heard about this movie is that it is "decent," but it seems like the majority have been giving it good reviews.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.