Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Baby Bull vs Katsidis is on
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
AussieLad
I figure most here will have the bull going in as favourite, and thats fair enough. But i dont think he is a lock, not with katsidis power and will to win, and this will be a fucking war

I cant wait

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=3440546

"Former lightweight titleholder Juan Diaz will face Australia's Michael Katsidis in a battle of brawlers on HBO's "Boxing After Dark" at the Toyota Center in Diaz's hometown of Houston on Sept. 6.

With both coming off losses, it's something of a must-win fight for each. Diaz lost his belts to Nate Campbell on March 8. Katsidis was stopped in the 10th round in a challenge to Ring magazine champion Joel Casamayor on March 22. "

D-MARV
YES! yahoo.gif yahoo.gif thumbsup_anim.gif
Imperius3
Good fight! I'm going with Diaz. They both have holes in their defense, but Katsidis more so. Diaz is a little more polished, and I'll take him by decision.
D-MARV
Juan Diaz TKO10
Blayde
Casamayor-Marquez, Diaz-Pacquiao, Diaz-Katsidis... hopefully Campbell-Guzman will also be a done deal shortly.

Then, if the winners fight each other, we will be seeing the perfect fights that have to happen in a division. So far 135 is looking very nice right now.
PUERTOROCKS
This is going to be FOTY
BGv2.0
AWESOME! I'll be at the Toyota Center seeing this live! clapping.gif
PUERTOROCKS
Katsidis has bricks in his gloves. Not even Corrales hurt Casamayor the way Katsidis did so repeatedly. I don't think Juan's chin is going to hold up. I mean if Katsidis was able to find a slick boxer like Casa, Diaz is going to be an easy target and I don't think Diaz hits as hard as Casamayor.
BigG
I think Diaz is going to stop him late. Katsidis gets hit too easily.
JLUVBABY
i'm so excited... this fight is taking place right in my backyard so i will finally be able to make it to a major fight card... will anyone else from the site be there?
AussieLad
Juans definitely more durable, and more polished technically. But katsidis carries his power late into fights and will fight on with everything he's got even if he's been hurt. I dont think juans been hit by anyone like katsidis before, and he is going to get hit repeatedly. The baby bull isnt a huge puncher, but his power is decent and he grinds guys down...

I am tipping the bull, but praying katsidis can pull out a late stoppage

hardhead
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Jun 13 2008, 10:13 PM) [snapback]392510[/snapback]
i'm so excited... this fight is taking place right in my backyard so i will finally be able to make it to a major fight card... will anyone else from the site be there?

I'll more than likely be there since I'm about 3 hours away and I can drive there. I'm pretty excited about it.
U.S. Champ
I'm really hoping they have a stretcher ringside with all that power and no defense somebodies gonna need it
JD
I think a lot of people are overlooking Katsidis here.

Diaz is not going to be hard to find, and if one guy is the puncher here - that's Katsidis.
Imperius3
That's very true, JD. This fight is not a lock by any means. No one can count Katsidis out with his power, especially if this fight is a war.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Jun 16 2008, 05:14 AM) [snapback]392677[/snapback]
That's very true, JD. This fight is not a lock by any means. No one can count Katsidis out with his power, especially if this fight is a war.

No doubt... Katsidis has a chance at winning this fight. But He has never fought a pressure fighter like Juan Diaz! I favor Diaz because he has fought much better competition and I think Katsidis gets hit way too much for my liking. I see the Baby Bull breaking Katsidis down and stopping him late, possibly on cuts. Katsidis can crack but his Chin, IMHO, is very fragile. Juan doesn't have bricks in his hand but I think he hits hard enough to hurt Katsidis!
BigG
Diaz has a tighter defense and with Katsidis being so hittable, I expect Diaz to tear him up on the inside. I don't think Katisids has the skill and experience do what Nate Campbell. Diaz seems to have a very good chin too. I've only seen him down once when he was 18 or 19 but aside from that, he's pretty much showed he can take an excellent punch. Freitas was unable to hurt him...Nate beat him up, but Diaz showed his toughness there. We'll see. It will be a total war.
Col Reb
Why are they making this fight with both of them coming off of losses. This had PPV potential if they had waited another year to build it (let them both get winning streaks). I hope HBO is not cashing out on Katsidis now.
hardhead
QUOTE(Col Reb @ Jun 16 2008, 10:42 PM) [snapback]392740[/snapback]
Why are they making this fight with both of them coming off of losses. This had PPV potential if they had waited another year to build it (let them both get winning streaks). I hope HBO is not cashing out on Katsidis now.

I don't know. I kind of get sick of the whole "build up the fight" or the infamous "let it simmer." talk. Call me impatient but I'd like to see most guys fight sooner rather than later.... dntknw.gif

I think this is the perfect fight for both of these guys coming off a loss, the winner gets right back in the mix while the loser gets knocked down to the bottom half of the top 10(both guys are still relatively young so it wouldn't be the end by any means, Katsidis loses he'll probably be fighting a young prospect on the come up)
kidbazooka1
The Baby bull will come back betetr than ever and take Katsidis out late in the fight after suffering some scary moments.
AussieLad
The only thing the "let it simmer" argument achieves is the fights not happening. Usually if they give them a year or two to build up the fight, something inevitably goes wrong and they never end up getting it on at all

Let them fight now, it will be good build up for a rematch cool.gif
hardhead
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Jun 19 2008, 10:37 PM) [snapback]393043[/snapback]
The only thing the "let it simmer" argument achieves is the fights not happening. Usually if they give them a year or two to build up the fight, something inevitably goes wrong and they never end up getting it on at all

Let them fight now, it will be good build up for a rematch cool.gif

Exactly my sentiments. drinks.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
Diaz's lack of punching power worries me. It already cost him against Campbell, it may cost him against Katsidis.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 19 2008, 10:35 PM) [snapback]393063[/snapback]
Diaz's lack of punching power worries me. It already cost him against Campbell, it may cost him against Katsidis.

Juan Diaz is not a power puncher but he sure does pour on the punches... And it's not like Katsidis has an iron chin. I think Diaz is very capable of hurting Katsidis!!!
hardhead
It will be interesting to see how Diaz fights this fight, will he try to take Katsidis on mostly from the inside and wear him out to the body, similar to the style he's had for most of his career or will he try to mix it up a bit and out box Katsidis using a little more movement and angles to get Katsidis turning and off balance. I'm thinking he should fight Katsidis on the inside and just keep those hands up and chin down, go to that body and throw those right hands. Katsidis' D is not as good as Campbell so I don't think it would be a mistake to engage Katsidis much like he did with Campbell. He shouldn't just stand there in front of him the whole time but don't think he's going to change into boxer overnight.

PUERTOROCKS mentioned how easily Katsidis was catching the slick Cassamyor and indeed he was, probably the most I've ever seen Cassamor getting hit, but I think more of that had to with the fact that Cassamayor is older and not as "slick" as he used to be. Truth is that's just natural occurrence when you're his age and have had such a long career as he's had.
D-MARV
I think this fight will be decided on who can take the most punishment!

Juan has the better chin, naturally the bigger man, and his defense is underrated IMHO.
BigG
Yeah, Juan actually has a nice tight defense when their on the inside. Katsidis is definitely more open and wild. I see it being a total war early, then a beating late with Juan winning by UD or by late TKO.
BGv2.0
Just bought my tickets when they went on sale this morning! Got a great end row seat! clapping.gif

They expect it to sell out....Toyota Center really does not have a bad seat in the house, so I'm really happy that I got 2 really close seats at a good price. I did not want to break the bank. thumbsup_anim.gif
hardhead
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jul 11 2008, 07:57 AM) [snapback]395508[/snapback]
Just bought my tickets when they went on sale this morning! Got a great end row seat! clapping.gif

They expect it to sell out....Toyota Center really does not have a bad seat in the house, so I'm really happy that I got 2 really close seats at a good price. I did not want to break the bank. thumbsup_anim.gif

What price range did you get, 40, 60, 100 etc and which section they gave you? I'm probably going to go with 2 in the 40 range if it's expected to sell out soon, because I really don't have the money to spend at the moment. I'd have it in another month and definitely get a much better seat but they may be sold out at that time. It looks like it'll be in the first level which I don't think will be that high anyway.

One thing I hate about getting tickets online is they always put you in a fucking corner, never straight up, I hate that shit, even when I talk them over the phone it's always seems like all they have is corner shit, it's probably what they try to fill up first. It doesn't really matter that much if you're higher up because nothing obstructs the veiw but I hate having a corner seat when you're sitting on the floor or ringside..
BGv2.0
QUOTE(hardhead @ Jul 11 2008, 03:56 PM) [snapback]395547[/snapback]
What price range did you get, 40, 60, 100 etc and which section they gave you? I'm probably going to go with 2 in the 40 range if it's expected to sell out soon, because I really don't have the money to spend at the moment. I'd have it in another month and definitely get a much better seat but they may be sold out at that time. It looks like it'll be in the first level which I don't think will be that high anyway.

One thing I hate about getting tickets online is they always put you in a fucking corner, never straight up, I hate that shit, even when I talk them over the phone it's always seems like all they have is corner shit, it's probably what they try to fill up first. It doesn't really matter that much if you're higher up because nothing obstructs the veiw but I hate having a corner seat when you're sitting on the floor or ringside..

I got 2 $40 tickets on the first level....and if you use the Toyota site....you can be very picky with your seating avoiding that whole corner BS...the site still tries...but you have to tell it what section and doing that...you can get the straight seating, the only thing is they time you and you have to do things very quickly in some cases or you lose your seats...which 5 seconds later could go away.

Early reports say that they do in fact expect it to sell out....

I've been in that venue before and the lower level seating, hell the higher level for that matter is EXCELLENT....there is really not a bad seat in the house.

I know it's going to start at 7pm and have 7 total fights!

I'm going to try to rush into the ring during post fight interviews and get strong armed by Larry Merchant!

Typing that BS...just made me think though....what crew will this be? Merchant/Lamps or the terrible Papa/Kellerman?
hardhead
I went to the Toyota site but couldn't figure out how you pick the section? how did you do that?
BGv2.0
QUOTE(hardhead @ Jul 11 2008, 08:10 PM) [snapback]395577[/snapback]
I went to the Toyota site but couldn't figure out how you pick the section? how did you do that?

The best advice I can give to you...that I wish somebody had given me....JOIN the site FIRST and foremost! It will save you a lot of sweating bullets later while losing prescious seconds trying to create a membership while your picked seats stay in your basket.

First you pick the quantity, then you pick the price range....then to the right of the screen, you should get a drop down box that will list all the sections available for that price, using the venue map they provide pick a straight section and then pick "best tickets in this section....if you pick one that has not even started to fill up as of yet....you can get a seat 1&2, which are at the end of a row and near the steps....so you don't have to squeeze past people when leaving for a piss or food break, which always puts you in that famous Fight Club senario of having to give the crotch or the ass as you pass! lol

Give that a shot.
hardhead
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jul 12 2008, 06:47 AM) [snapback]395604[/snapback]
The best advice I can give to you...that I wish somebody had given me....JOIN the site FIRST and foremost! It will save you a lot of sweating bullets later while losing prescious seconds trying to create a membership while your picked seats stay in your basket.

First you pick the quantity, then you pick the price range....then to the right of the screen, you should get a drop down box that will list all the sections available for that price, using the venue map they provide pick a straight section and then pick "best tickets in this section....if you pick one that has not even started to fill up as of yet....you can get a seat 1&2, which are at the end of a row and near the steps....so you don't have to squeeze past people when leaving for a piss or food break, which always puts you in that famous Fight Club senario of having to give the crotch or the ass as you pass! lol

Give that a shot.

Damn dude, I'm such a fucking idiot, I got it now. Thanks!!!
that round headed kid
Think I'm gonna go w/Katsidis in this one. Unless the 'Baby Bull' all of a sudden becomes a technician, I gotta think he'll get beat down by another willful slugger w/greater power . Katsidis may indeed have a weaker chin, but I don't think JD has enough pop to capitalize on it. Katsidis by late TKO in a great fight!! thumbsup_anim.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.