Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OLD TOYS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
BGv2.0
I have an entire room dedicated to all my old toys I kept as well as many I currently collect. I don't think we have ever brought up this topic on the boards, so feeling nostalgic and being an 70s/80s child at heart, I thought I'd post some pics of some of my personal favorites. Everybody remembers the big lines like Transformers, HE-Man, GI JOE and the like....with this thread I'm going for more obscure.

Anybody remember any of these?

Micronaughts:

Metal Men:

Fisher Price Adventure People:

Crystar:

Six Million Dollar Man:

Power Lords:

Bravestarr:

Shogun Warriors:

Star Bird:

Sectaurs:

BGv2.0
Maxx Steele Robo Force:

Remco Figures:

Eagle Force:
Warlord
BG you're a God. I can't help myself except to respond to every single topic dedicated to early childhood memories, lol. I remember seeing fucking Bravestarr on the shelfs in Reeds Drugstore. Good times.

I'll try to dig up some pictures later, but some other ones not on your list would be Silverhawks, M.A.S.K, Chuck Norris and the Karate Kommandos and my personal favorite, Rambo and the Force of Freedom! laugh.gif Anyone here who wasn't a kid in the 80's fails in life. What a fucking EPIC decade for children. Fucking Transformers and G.I. Joe, and fucking Karate Kid with Mr. Miyagi and shit. No Retreat, No Surrender! The Goonies, The Outsiders, and a fucking host of others. Goddamn how I wish I had those days back.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jun 13 2008, 08:38 PM) [snapback]392535[/snapback]
BG you're a God. I can't help myself except to respond to every single topic dedicated to early childhood memories, lol. I remember seeing fucking Bravestarr on the shelfs in Reeds Drugstore. Good times.

I'll try to dig up some pictures later, but some other ones not on your list would be Silverhawks, M.A.S.K, Chuck Norris and the Karate Kommandos and my personal favorite, Rambo and the Force of Freedom! laugh.gif Anyone here who wasn't a kid in the 80's fails in life. What a fucking EPIC decade for children. Fucking Transformers and G.I. Joe, and fucking Karate Kid with Mr. Miyagi and shit. No Retreat, No Surrender! The Goonies, The Outsiders, and a fucking host of others. Goddamn how I wish I had those days back.

It's very hard to touch the 80's in terms of originality and innovation in both toys and cinema. So much came out of both industries. Pop culture in general.

Bravestarr was the shit! Way ahead of its time. I recently purchased a complete set of the cartoons from a boot legger....not the absolute best quality, but better than nothing.

There are so many a person could list....not only those you listed but M.U.S.C.L.E., Star Com, Tiger Sharks, Blackstar.....the list can just go on and on.

I hope several people respond and job my memory about something I may have forgotten.

That's a true testament to how great that time was, when you can actually forget a lot of the cool stuff that was around.

Just as I was typing that I thought of Battle Beasts! lol

See....it never ends!
AKay
teenage mutant ninja turtle pies mmmm yummy
Spyder
You guys had some shitty toys in Texas!

laugh.gif

JD
Man...it is so sad. ALL my childhood stuff got tossed because I was a short sighted jerkoff...

Tons of Transformers
Go Bots
Voltron
GI Joe
MASK
He Man
TONS of shit...

There is this great place in the City right around the corner from McSorley's actually...you would love it. They have ALL of this stuff in there.
Chillmatic
These were my favorite toys, I had so many different kinds of Leonardos and Rafaels, it was obscene.

Snoop
QUOTE(JD @ Jun 14 2008, 07:18 PM) [snapback]392578[/snapback]
Man...it is so sad. ALL my childhood stuff got tossed because I was a short sighted jerkoff...

Tons of Transformers
Go Bots
Voltron
GI Joe
MASK
He Man
TONS of shit...

There is this great place in the City right around the corner from McSorley's actually...you would love it. They have ALL of this stuff in there.

GOBOTS! Man, I remember I had this one tape of some Gobots movie. I watched it everyday when I was a kid, literally.

Did anyone ever get Food Fighters action figures? Or was I the only weird kid to be into that?
D-MARV
WWF Action Figures

Old happy meal toys!

And the ALL TIME GREAT...
ROLL DEEP
Jason and the Wheeled Warriors?

Anyone?

I loved that program.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Jun 16 2008, 09:09 AM) [snapback]392694[/snapback]
Jason and the Wheeled Warriors?
Anyone?
I loved that program.

Jace and the Wheeled Warriors! Very cool toys! SawBoss was the bad guy. I remember a little guy dressed as a knight on the show.
BigG
I had a shitload of those small Wrestling toys when I was around 5 or 6.... I had the Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, Undertaker, Jim Nieghart (sp?), Bossman, Bulldog, Undertaker, and Doink the clown and that guy with the white face skeleton facepaint..forgot his name...and I had the WWF wrestling ring..
STEVENSKI
Bravestar that brings back the memories.

Voltron, Astroboy, Transformers (the original die cast ones not the plastic shit now), M.A.S.K & Centurions all that was gold.

Anyone remember Cities of Gold I think it was.
BigG
Papa Shango! Thats him....the guy who had "dark magic" powers.
BGv2.0
MegaBug Gladiators were cool! I've still got this one...although the rubber cord in his tail is dry rotting.

Bazooka Limon
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jun 17 2008, 01:59 AM) [snapback]392767[/snapback]
Papa Shango! Thats him....the guy who had "dark magic" powers.

I have a MOC Papa Shango in my room
BigJuicyHog
I loved the Bravestar toys. I had a bunch of toys when I was little. Sectaur, Bravestar, Captain Power, Centurions, Mask, GI Joe, WWF action figures with the ring, the big rubber mid 80s WWF toys, TMNT, He-Man. Oddly enough I didnt have may trasnformers. Just Optimus Prime.
Bazooka Limon
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jun 19 2008, 04:57 AM) [snapback]393010[/snapback]
What's a MOC?

Mint On Card
Bazooka Limon
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jun 19 2008, 08:20 PM) [snapback]393056[/snapback]
Oh right. Thanks. So that means it's still in the box?

yup and i also have "evil" crush on card too from the green card series
BGv2.0
If I'm not mistaken the single most valuable figure in that line was the Dusty Rhoades Figure. In his black and yellow polka dot outfit.
D-MARV
D-MARV

BGv2.0
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jun 20 2008, 06:44 PM) [snapback]393168[/snapback]

Lion-Ho is about to squat down on his big red vibe! lol

"Thunder Cats.......OHHHHHHHHHHH"!!!!!
laugh.gif
TheWhiteBuffalo
Anybody remember the M.U.S.C.L.E men that used to come in the little plastic trash can? Those things were awesome! They all came in this weird pinkish color. At some point, they started to come in different colors.....but I had moved on by then! laugh.gif

ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Jun 21 2008, 08:49 AM) [snapback]393215[/snapback]
Anybody remember the M.U.S.C.L.E men that used to come in the little plastic trash can? Those things were awesome! They all came in this weird pinkish color. At some point, they started to come in different colors.....but I had moved on by then! laugh.gif

Hahahahaha......yeah. I remember those.

I had loads of them.

Anyone remember 'Monsters In My Pocket', or was that just a UK thing? They were little monsters you collected, made from rubber. Werewolves, vampires, griffens, Minatours, Ghosts, gremlins, etc.
The CEO
This was a big deal when I was a kid...

so was this...

except I had an even older one with a rip cord...lol
Method
C.E.O. we must've both been born around the same time. Two of my all time first and favorite toys right there. Also had a big Evil Knieval bike that you could sit on as well, but whatever.

BigG
I'm a little bit younger than most of the guys here..so these were my main toys....Todd McFarlene toys..

The CEO
QUOTE(Method @ Jun 21 2008, 12:46 PM) [snapback]393227[/snapback]
C.E.O. we must've both been born around the same time. Two of my all time first and favorite toys right there. Also had a big Evil Knieval bike that you could sit on as well, but whatever.

Yep...getting into my late 30s here...we are both members of the last generation where the majority was worth a damn.........laugh.gif

Those toys really were the best...looking at them now, they seem so simple...but that's all it took back then....
Bazooka Limon
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jun 20 2008, 01:36 AM) [snapback]393078[/snapback]
Nice. I don't have any on cards, lol.

I have quite a few. I would say somewhere between 40-60 and have the ring. Never seen Papa Shango before, must be pretty rare down here. The Crush figure was pretty common down here though.

this one is a rare figure. Its from the last hasbro line of wwf figures with the green card.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jun 21 2008, 10:09 AM) [snapback]393222[/snapback]
This was a big deal when I was a kid...

so was this...

except I had an even older one with a rip cord...lol

Oh those were awesome! Remember Stretch Armstong's monster enemy guy? Like a green monster.

I had what I thought was an Evel toy...but I maight be wrong....it had a ripcord, and it had two big red plastic clear tubes on the sides of the bike..that when you pulled it....sparks would fly inside.

It was bad ass! lol
BGv2.0
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Jun 21 2008, 09:20 AM) [snapback]393218[/snapback]
Hahahahaha......yeah. I remember those.

I had loads of them.
Anyone remember 'Monsters In My Pocket', or was that just a UK thing? They were little monsters you collected, made from rubber. Werewolves, vampires, griffens, Minatours, Ghosts, gremlins, etc.

MUSCLES can go for decent cash on EBAY...for sure particular ones.

Monster in my pocket was a pretty decent hit over here. the whole little rubber toys phase was pretty prominant and lucrative at that time.

Monster in my Pocket (which took on a whole new menaing about 4 years later)
MUSCLE
Battle Beasts
Army Ants
GUTS
Trash Bag Gang
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.