Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Buddy Cop Movies?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Chillmatic
There are some good ones (Lethal Weapon, Rush Hour) and there are some bad ones (Lethal Weapon III, Rush Hour III), but usually the formula is simple: Take two polar opposites and pair them together. It doesn't always have to be about different races, Bad Boys did very well with two black cops.

Which ones are your favorites?

Mine are the Lethal Weapon movies.
Chillmatic
Worst ones IMO are the Beverly Hills Cop movies. I couldn't suspend my disbelief for a single moment.
D-MARV
Bad Boys was pretty good!

Cop and a Half was horrible in my opinion!

STEVENSKI
Nothing tops The Hard Way with James Woods & MJF.
Warlord
The first two Lethal Weapons were good, Bad Boys was good too.

I'd say the ultimate, at least for me, would have to be 48HRS. The brawl between Nolte and Eddie Murphy was legendary, and has been one of the most ripped-off scenes in film over the last two decades.
Maxy
Yeah 48hrs and Lethal Weapon are the two stand outs for me.
Bill The Butcher
Hot Fuzz.
BGv2.0
Tango and Cash!
Snoop
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Jun 15 2008, 03:55 PM) [snapback]392642[/snapback]
Hot Fuzz.

LOL! Hot Fuzz...CLASSIC!
Method
Agree w Warlord - The conversation starts w 48 Hours.

Lethal Weapon 1 is a GREAT movie, regardless of cop drama. It holds its own w the best of em. Great performance by Gibson. Lethal Weapon II was good as well. I believe both of those were Rated R, which just works better.

The other Lethal Weapons were PG-13 I think, which definitely detracted, and even worse, just played out. I liked them, but have to call the spade a spade.

Not a buddy cop movie, but close enough - MIDNIGHT RUN

Deniro. Grodin. FUCKING MINT! Anyone who has NOT seen this movie///stop what you're doing, and go rent it.

Mino
QUOTE(Method @ Jun 16 2008, 10:47 AM) [snapback]392698[/snapback]
Agree w Warlord - The conversation starts w 48 Hours.

Lethal Weapon 1 is a GREAT movie, regardless of cop drama. It holds its own w the best of em. Great performance by Gibson. Lethal Weapon II was good as well. I believe both of those were Rated R, which just works better.
The other Lethal Weapons were PG-13 I think, which definitely detracted, and even worse, just played out. I liked them, but have to call the spade a spade.

Not a buddy cop movie, but close enough - MIDNIGHT RUN

Deniro. Grodin. FUCKING MINT! Anyone who has NOT seen this movie///stop what you're doing, and go rent it.

Midnight Fucking Run is a CLASSIC!!! Was watching again like at 7 this morning on Encore or 1 of those channels..Has to be 1 of my Favs...So Why arent you popular with the Chicago PD??? LMAO Classic
Method
Midnight Run = ALL TIME GREAT MOVIE.

Please, fighthypers that have not seen. Make it a point NOW.

AWESOME.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.