Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nonito Donaire vs. Cristian Mijares!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
This should be a good fight! Nonito moving up in weight to fight for a couple belts? Sign me up!
BigG
Great fight...I think Nonito's the harder puncher...and Mijares the more skilled fighter. This is a pick em'. If I had to go with someone maybe to Mijares because I've seen him in tough tough fights and he always seems to pull away late due to superior conditioning. I've never really seen Nonito in a long tough fight so I don't know much about his stamina
D-MARV
Nonito Donaire UD,

Really tough fight to pick but Im a fan of Donaire's so Im going with him in this one!
salvador
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jun 17 2008, 06:10 AM) [snapback]392772[/snapback]
Fuck Darchinyan, fuck Arce. They have been pushed to the side like some crappy vegetables.

I can't figure this out. If I was managing Donaire he'd be in with Arce all day. Maybe he's just trying to improve his negotiating position when he does fight Arce or Montiel. He's bound to fight both of those guys anyway (and probably Darchinyan again). It's the money unless he's going to move up to 122.
BigG
^ Montiel is more dangerous than Mijares.
kidbazooka1
Lets not get carried away just yet Nonito has only beaten Darchyniyan who is basicaly a poor mans Mayorga.

Donaire has balls for willing to step in with Mijares but that might be his downfall. I think Mijares and especially Montiel both have too much skill and on Montiels part power for Nonito.

FenderDG3
I'm really excited for this fight as well. I like both fighters in this bout. Donaire for shutting up Darchinyan, who I despise, and Mijares for being a slick, slick fighter that is also great at counter-punching. If I had to pick it, I would have to go with Mijares to win a UD. BTW I don't know if it has been mentioned on the forum before, but Darchinyan reminds me of Prince Naseem (who I also hated with a passion) minus 10 pounds or so??
Mean Mister Mustard
Great fight, the winner should really fight Montiel.
Mean Mister Mustard
He's more like Mayorga, without the chin.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jun 17 2008, 07:54 PM) [snapback]392874[/snapback]
Darchinyan reminds you of Hamed? Just because he is southpaw and awkward? I don't think they are alike.

There is that and: they both had knockout power, they are cocky as hell, and they fight with their hands down below their belt... those are 5 pretty big similarities.
JD
I really like Nonito Donaire, but he is going to get handled by Mijares.
blackbelt2003
Great fight on paper, but I'm with JD on this...Mijares will outbox him start to finish.

And then we want Mijares-Montiel...best fight to be made at super fly. In the meanwhile, couldn't we get Montiel to pick up the IBF belt from Kirilov and then we get ALL the marbles in one place!

Black
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(blackbelt2003 @ Jun 18 2008, 08:11 AM) [snapback]392901[/snapback]
Great fight on paper, but I'm with JD on this...Mijares will outbox him start to finish.
And then we want Mijares-Montiel...best fight to be made at super fly. In the meanwhile, couldn't we get Montiel to pick up the IBF belt from Kirilov and then we get ALL the marbles in one place!
Black

I doubt Kirilov wants any part of Montiel or Mijares.
sweetchuck
This is Nonito's hardest fight. I believe someone mentioned him moving up, but in reality Nonito moved down to fight for the flyweight title where he had been fighting at 115 and 118 for the past couple of years before moving down. The weight is not going to be a problem. The problem is going to be a very talented Cristian Mijares on the other side of the ring. If Nonito's hands hold up it should be a good night for him because he is the faster fighter and the harder puncher. As far as ability, I think they are equal.

By the way, Team Donaire called me to make sure it went up on Fighthype first!
D-MARV
You can sign me up for the Nonito Donaire Bandwagon right now!!!!!

I like this guy, he has speed, power, and heart.

"HE WILL BE A POUND FOR POUND FIGHTER BY THE END OF THE YEAR!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.