Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosley Vs Mayorga
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
Plans for Shane Mosley to face off against Ricardo Mayorgao are in the works according to information provided to ESPN from Richard Schaefer, the CEO for Golden Boy Promotions and Jin Mosley, wife and adviser to Shane.

Quoted by ESPN, Schaefer stated in regards to matching Mosley with Mayorga: "That is what it looks like we will do." Schaefer added they are in negotiations with Mayorga's promoter, Don King, saying: "I am working on it with Don King."

Jin Mosley is happy for the opportunity to work with King and is excited about hopefully pitting her husband against Mayorga. Jin tells ESPN: "Don King is a legend and we always wanted an opportunity to work with him. Mayorga is one of my favorite fighters to watch, so it is a great matchup and will be an exciting night." Jin added: "We are hoping that this will be Shane's next bout."

Mosley TKO7 in a onesided beating!
buford54
Does anyone other than Jin Mosely care about this fight?
BigG
Won't really do anything for Mosley if he wins. Mayorga is finished and never really was great to begin with. Just an exciting fighter. Mosley by TKO 8, body shots.
thehype
Not for nothing, but there aren't very many fights that are worth caring about (Klitschko-Thompson comes to mind).
Douchebag
Just a payday. Mosley can forget about a rematch with Cotto after this, though.
Spyder
I guess there is some intrigue in the fact that he's fighting the guy(Mayorga), who beat the guy(Forrest) twice, who beat him twice for the Undisputed Welterweight Championship of the World.

This is years removed from any type of title relevance, but I guess Shane can get a some satisfaction in that.
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jun 17 2008, 08:48 AM) [snapback]392786[/snapback]
Just a payday. Mosley can forget about a rematch with Cotto after this, though.

I dont think Cotto is interested in a rematch with Shane right now. I cant see why a rematch couldnt happen sometime next spring or summer. But Cotto has to worry about Tony before he starts thinking about Shane.
Method
ZZZZZZZZZ.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jun 17 2008, 09:14 AM) [snapback]392790[/snapback]
I guess there is some intrigue in the fact that he's fighting the guy(Mayorga), who beat the guy(Forrest) twice, who beat him twice for the Undisputed Welterweight Championship of the World.

This is years removed from any type of title relevance, but I guess Shane can get a some satisfaction in that.

Yeah, there's that, which gives the fight a shred of significance. Mosley-Judah would have been a better scrap but it's not like that one held a whole lot of significance either.

Really, what else is Shane supposed to do right now? Lose to Paul Williams in a fight everyone knows would be a hopeless stylistic nightmare for him? Sit on the shelf and wait for the Cotto-Margarito winner to pick Oscar over him? He doesn't have too many options at the moment.
BoxingStill#1
williams mosely?......I dont think it would be a nightmare...
rusty_trombone
man, can't wait to see mayorga get his ass beat again
EpTXCHAMP
point less fight! but guess this is what happens when u let your husband call the shots.
This was a wasted year for shane. Is anyone else worried about mayo making weight?
I know they want to stay active but mayorga is washed up! he's an old 34 the guy hasnt fought at 154 since dlh in 2006 and he tested positive for some diet supplement or some crap just to make weight.
It would be hillarious if mayo cant make weight and shane is left on the shelf without a fight. I read that berto might be fighting for the wbc strap that floyd is gonna vacate if thats true team Jin should have waited and called out berto when he gets the strap Dibella wouldnt have opposed that fight.
hardhead
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jun 17 2008, 11:21 PM) [snapback]392862[/snapback]
man, can't wait to see mayorga get his ass beat again

I concur and I have no doubt he would indeed BEAT his ass...
The Original MrFactor
Why Mayorga?? Nobody cares about Mayorga... Why not step up and try to take Williams belt? Williams just fought 1 looong hard round a few weeks back. I can see him getting up for a Mosley fight this fall.

Mayorga is inexcusable and hopefully wont be a PPV. If so, I wont be buyin...
kidbazooka1
If Mosley comes in not prepared and over confident I give Mayorga a good chance and scoring a TKO upset but it's very unlikely.
buford54
There is no way that this fight means anything.
Mayorga should have stayed retired after Tito almost killed him.
It would have been better if Shane had just waited around like DLH always does for a real fight to come up.
I guess he would have had that option if he had won against Cotto, but he didn't, so now he has to beg for fights I guess.
Al Hata

This fight is garbage.
D-MARV
Mosley-Mayorga is falling apart right now. I think they are having disputes over weight!

I saw on another website that Mayorga is looking into a possible fight with Kelly Pavlik????? huh.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif
slap
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jun 18 2008, 12:06 AM) [snapback]392887[/snapback]
Why Mayorga?? Nobody cares about Mayorga... Why not step up and try to take Williams belt? Williams just fought 1 looong hard round a few weeks back. I can see him getting up for a Mosley fight this fall.

Mayorga is inexcusable and hopefully wont be a PPV. If so, I wont be buyin...

yeah i would never buy this fight i dont even think i would watch it but since mosley would'nt move the judah fight 2 another date he should fight williams thats the best fight that could be made right about now.
King Eugene
I wouldnt buy it but I'd watch it. Just to see Mayorga get his ass whooped!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.