Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Abraham Wants Pavlick then De La Hoya
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
Abraham is off his damn rocker. In an interview posted http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=14549 King Arthur Abraham says he will not only beat Miranda (which I dont think he will) but he will also be Pavlick (shittin me), then he goes as far to say he wants to fight and beat Oscar De La Hoya. Not for the money but for the name.

This dude has lost it, he's a good fighter I'll give him that and I'm not a Kelly Pavlick fan but Pavlick will make him look like Locket. He better hope he pulls out a victory over Miranda and keep his belt safe over in Germany fighting no names like Calzaghe did.
AussieLad
Regardless of the outcome. Abraham vs Pavlik needs to happen, then Sturm
D-MARV
evreyone from 135 (Manny Pac) to 175 (Roy Jones JR) seems to want Oscar De La Hoya! LOL
CreDog
Abraham is a solid fighter and he has power, but his European style will be a problem for a straight punching Kelly Pavlik.

I think Abraham will take care of Miranda tomorrow night though...

Douchebag
QUOTE(CreDog @ Jun 20 2008, 11:21 AM) [snapback]393124[/snapback]
Abraham is a solid fighter and he has power, but his European style will be a problem for a straight punching Kelly Pavlik.

I think Abraham will take care of Miranda tomorrow night though...

What channel is the fight on?
CreDog
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jun 20 2008, 09:46 AM) [snapback]393132[/snapback]
What channel is the fight on?

Showtime-- I give it up to Abraham for going to Miami, which will be homefield for Pantera.
FenderDG3
I know there has been a lot of talk on the forum about Pavlik vs. Calzaghe, but I think this should be the next fight for Pavlik. If Abraham can get past Miranda tomorrow night not only will this fight unify some of the MW belts (which is never a bad thing), but it will be a fight of the two guys who defeated Miranda.
slap
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jun 20 2008, 02:51 AM) [snapback]393082[/snapback]
Abraham is off his damn rocker. In an interview posted http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=14549 King Arthur Abraham says he will not only beat Miranda (which I dont think he will) but he will also be Pavlick (shittin me), then he goes as far to say he wants to fight and beat Oscar De La Hoya. Not for the money but for the name.

This dude has lost it, he's a good fighter I'll give him that and I'm not a Kelly Pavlick fan but Pavlick will make him look like Locket. He better hope he pulls out a victory over Miranda and keep his belt safe over in Germany fighting no names like Calzaghe did.

LOL............ Yeah this dudes went crazy
D-MARV
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jun 20 2008, 03:51 AM) [snapback]393082[/snapback]

I dont think he is totally crazy!

I believe he will beat Miranda tomorrow. Ill give him a slight chance over Pavlik but I think you have to favor Pavlik in that one. De La Hoya is not realistic but if they did fight, Abraham would win that fight easy.
King Eugene
Abraham wont get a shot at De La Hoya and I'd make him a 1:7 underdog against Pavlick. I still think Miranda is going to beat him.
D-MARV
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jun 20 2008, 08:18 PM) [snapback]393175[/snapback]
Abraham wont get a shot at De La Hoya and I'd make him a 1:7 underdog against Pavlick. I still think Miranda is going to beat him.

Well if he wins tomorrow in impressive fashion like I think he will, and he is a 7 to 1 underdog against Pavlik, I would drop some change on that one!
JD
I think Abraham can cause quite a few problems for Pavlik with his peek-a-boo style, good footwork, and versatility...I think it would be a very good fight.

I have Abraham by decision tomorrow.
caneman
Not that Pavlik doesn't need yo work on somethings but I think his str8 punches compared to AA's looping punches will be the down fall of the so called King! I think he'll catch hell getting by Pantera but we'll know by this time tomorrow night! It should be a great fight...I wish I still lived down there in Hollywood cause I'd be there for the fight!
D-MARV
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jun 20 2008, 08:18 PM) [snapback]393175[/snapback]

You still want to make Abraham a 7 to 1 underdog? laugh.gif
Method
Abraham Wants ...De La Hoya

I wanna fuck Alessandra Ambrosio.

PS - I like Pavlik over Arthur, but if Abraham is a 7-1 dog, I'd have to take those odds. Pavlik is NOT that much better than him. Anyone laying 7 to win 1 off Pavlik needs their head examined. Root for him, sure. But save your money for a better gambling opportunity.
Jack 1000
My take on Abraham-Pavlik is as follows:

Pavlik in a tough fight, similar to Taylor I, where he may even have to get off the floor to win. Since I believe Miranda was on the downside with Abraham stopping him, and that Abraham got favorable treatment in Miranda I. What I am saying is, I'd like to see a little more of King Arther vs. a prime opponent, not someone on the downside (Abraham just finished what Pavlik already did in beating Miranda.) and a lot of people thought Miranda should have won the first Abraham fight even with all the point deductions. Pavlik has had the two tough Taylor wins were he has come back from 2-sided wars to win and look good doing so. Abraham's two-sided war with Miranda in fight #1 gave him a busted mouth and smashed jaw in a fight some thought Arthur should have lost.

Now, if King Arther were to beat Pavlik, he and Pavlik would be on a very level playing field with wins over good fighters. Right now, Pavlik has the edge, but not by much. This is a fight that has to happen.

For me, I'll worry about Delahoya-Abraham, if and when a time comes closer to them fighting.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.