Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO B.A.D: Berto vs. Rodriguez @9pm CST Discussion/Postfight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all comments on tonight's HBO B.A.D card. Keep everything here. Do not post new spoiler threads or duplicate topics.

Jack

Administrator
rusty_trombone
well, chazz witherspoon got fucked up. where is avon when we can give him some shit, if i remember right chazz was his boy, same camp as kermit the crier.
neophyte7
we are at round 6 and If Rodriguez would stop smiling like a bich and move his hands when Burto is on the ropes he could get some things done. I hate these fighters touching hands --- this is boxing not a meet and greet social gathering--- Rodriguez needs to get nasty on Berto
The Original MrFactor
Chazz Witherspoon sux... Chris Areola aint far behind. In fact Areola is the second coming of butterbean. Witherspoon made it on namesake alone. he's garbage. In fact he's Jameel McCline with some heart...

These guys need to go this direction:

Witherspoon vs Calvin Brock...

Areola vs David Tua...
FenderDG3
I was switching back and forth between HBO and SHO. After Chazz beat the count I flipped back to SHO, and then when I went back to HBO the fight was over. They were talking about a DQ 'cuz the Witherspoon camp entered the ring too soon? WTF?? I understand the rules and how that's a DQ, but if I was Arreola I would be pissed. I think for sure the way the first 3 rounds were going he was well on his way to his 12th KO in a row, but the streak was ended by a DQ. Oh well though a win is a win.
The Original MrFactor
Berto is gonna have problems with the cream of the crop. If you can punch, you can beat Berto. He's flashy offensively, but still very poor defensively. I think Williams should go after Berto...
FenderDG3
True, but that was a pretty massive upper-cut in Rd. 7... I'm really suprised he got up from that... nevermind it might be over soon!
FenderDG3
Yep, it's over.
neophyte7
I am starting to feel that Rodriguez has been paid not to punch--- he is looking and acting quite suspect... it is over------ 7th round garbage
D-MARV
AND THE NEW...

Andre Berto! THe Future, mark my words.
neophyte7
he is quite hittable and has not faced anyone with any real offense--- he has some good power and instincts, but there are also flaws in pulling straight back and winding up with haymakers... Zab Judah should be his next fight to see if he bout it
treyes7123
QUOTE(FenderDG3 @ Jun 21 2008, 08:16 PM) [snapback]393310[/snapback]
True, but that was a pretty massive upper-cut in Rd. 7... I'm really suprised he got up from that... nevermind it might be over soon!

Dude that uppercut was somethin else...need a gif of that one knockdown
FenderDG3
QUOTE(treyes7123 @ Jun 21 2008, 10:22 PM) [snapback]393316[/snapback]
Dude that uppercut was somethin else...need a gif of that one knockdown

YES, YES, YES... that would make a great gif. If you watch the replay, when Rodriguez hits the canvas he looks up and Berto and says WOAH!!
D-MARV
I think Berto Vs Judah/Clottey would be a good start for him!
kidbazooka1
Sh*t considering the horrbile state of the HW divison I think Arreola has a pretty good chance at making some noise. Witherspoon came into fight undefeated and with some pretty goood skills Arreola just took his ass out with those bombs.

Arreola may not be the most techincal skilled fighter in the divsion but he does bring awesome power and excitment to the much need HW divison.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(FenderDG3 @ Jun 21 2008, 10:12 PM) [snapback]393307[/snapback]
I was switching back and forth between HBO and SHO. After Chazz beat the count I flipped back to SHO, and then when I went back to HBO the fight was over. They were talking about a DQ 'cuz the Witherspoon camp entered the ring too soon? WTF?? I understand the rules and how that's a DQ, but if I was Arreola I would be pissed. I think for sure the way the first 3 rounds were going he was well on his way to his 12th KO in a row, but the streak was ended by a DQ. Oh well though a win is a win.

That was a total Bullshit stoppage. Chazz showed in the first 2 1/2 minutes of the first and the entire second round he could beat the guy all night from the outside....his stupid desire to trade man to man is what killed him.

I do think he would have lost as he would have gotten into another BS brawl at some point and the damage would have added up. BUT....despite all that....the stoppage was terrible!

Common sense SHOULD tell you that those corner men were there to attend to their fighter.....there was no towel, they did not enter while he was laid out....they CLEARLY were there AFTER the bell I might add.....everybody on the HBO crew and the Ref continue to say it was prior to the bell....but that was bullshit....go back and watch the fight...there is a tiny bell rung when the refs back is turned as he is counting....in come the corner people....and the dumb little fat tub...even yells "you never rang the bell".....THEN...you hear a loud ringing of the bell. The blame IMHO is two fold....on the bell man and on the ref.

The bell man should have rang the bell the first time like he had an ounce of testosterone in him and the ref KNOWING the corner men were in there to care for their guy and NOT stop the fight....should have either warned the corner or taken a point away to insure they did not do what he thought they did again.

Bottom line is it was a terible stoppage by a ref I hope I NEVER see again! It robbed Chazz out of a chance to stay in the fight and in boxing, knowing anything can happen...maybe win in the later rounds of a 12. AND...it stopped Arreola's KO streak....and it screwed fans out of a decent end to a fight.

Don't get me wrong...I think Chazz would have been KOd or TKOd had it continued on as it was....BUT...seeing what the guy was capable of in the 2 prior rounds...whose to say he would not have learned a huge lesson from that round....held the entire next round and then boxed his way to a SD or draw.

Bullshit stoppage!

hardhead
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jun 22 2008, 07:05 AM) [snapback]393341[/snapback]
That was a total Bullshit stoppage. Chazz showed in the first 2 1/2 minutes of the first and the entire second round he could beat the guy all night from the outside....his stupid desire to trade man to man is what killed him.

I do think he would have lost as he would have gotten into another BS brawl at some point and the damage would have added up. BUT....despite all that....the stoppage was terrible!

Common sense SHOULD tell you that those corner men were there to attend to their fighter.....there was no towel, they did not enter while he was laid out....they CLEARLY were there AFTER the bell I might add.....everybody on the HBO crew and the Ref continue to say it was prior to the bell....but that was bullshit....go back and watch the fight...there is a tiny bell rung when the refs back is turned as he is counting....in come the corner people....and the dumb little fat tub...even yells "you never rang the bell".....THEN...you hear a loud ringing of the bell. The blame IMHO is two fold....on the bell man and on the ref.

The bell man should have rang the bell the first time like he had an ounce of testosterone in him and the ref KNOWING the corner men were in there to care for their guy and NOT stop the fight....should have either warned the corner or taken a point away to insure they did not do what he thought they did again.

Bottom line is it was a terible stoppage by a ref I hope I NEVER see again! It robbed Chazz out of a chance to stay in the fight and in boxing, knowing anything can happen...maybe win in the later rounds of a 12. AND...it stopped Arreola's KO streak....and it screwed fans out of a decent end to a fight.

Don't get me wrong...I think Chazz would have been KOd or TKOd had it continued on as it was....BUT...seeing what the guy was capable of in the 2 prior rounds...whose to say he would not have learned a huge lesson from that round....held the entire next round and then boxed his way to a SD or draw.

Bullshit stoppage!

I agree about the stoppage, definitely not the right decision under the circumstances.
D-MARV
The ref in the Chazz-Arreola fight was a total Dickhead! He was one of the wrost refs I have ever seen. did you see the post fight interview?

Anywayz, Anybody up for Chris Arreola VS Sam Peter?

I'am, and I make that fight even money if Chris can come in at 230!
Jack 1000
I have not seen the fight yet, as I last night watched Showtime,

Re: The bell ringing in the Arreola-Witherspoon fight

I have noticed that a lot of commission bells are very soft and this is an issue. I have seen bells on timekeeper tables that look like they came out of Crackerjack boxes. You would think in this day and age that commissions and sanctioning body federations could invest in quality loud bells that can be heard. This really should be a universal practice.

Jack
D-MARV
Jack,
The bell rang nice and Loud last night! If the ref didn't hear the bell then he should not have been reffing the fight.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea that was some bullshit, that bell rang clearly at the end of the round. Witherspoon was beating him on the outside as well, as BG was saying, but for some reason he wanted to trade. I remember reading an article a couple days before the fight about Witherspoon, and he said there was going to be fireworks. Guess he got more than be bargained for. I really thought he could of made some noise in that division with his skills and name, but now all he has is the name. Kevin Johnson schools Arreola though. Id like to see that fight. As for Berto, he looked really sharp. He's extremely fast and gifted.
CreDog
QUOTE(FenderDG3 @ Jun 21 2008, 09:26 PM) [snapback]393317[/snapback]
YES, YES, YES... that would make a great gif. If you watch the replay, when Rodriguez hits the canvas he looks up and Berto and says WOAH!!

That uppercut was sick! I was equally impressed by Miki's chin. Who get's up from that??
Tha Docta
I understand that everybody doesnt have the same body type, but damn, a professional athelete should never have a physique like arreola's.

witherspoon showed some pretty shitty defense in this fight. when arreola threw combos chaz had no idea of how to avoid the punches. arreola can make for some exciting matches, but if this is the future of the heavyweight division, then god help us all.
CreDog
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jun 23 2008, 11:04 AM) [snapback]393486[/snapback]
I understand that everybody doesnt have the same body type, but damn, a professional athelete should never have a physique like arreola's.

witherspoon showed some pretty shitty defense in this fight. when arreola threw combos chaz had no idea of how to avoid the punches. arreola can make for some exciting matches, but if this is the future of the heavyweight division, then god help us all.

It's crazy because I think back to Big George's comeback and how everyone slammed him for being a fatty--- the funny thing is that he actually had a better body during his comeback than both Arreola and Witherspoon!

Tha Docta
i thought witherspoon looked to be in pretty good shape on saturday. best ive seen him look anyway. at least foreman was over 40 yrs old when he had that soft body. theres just no excuse to come in looking like arreola did on saturday. i understand that some people just dont get muscle tone like other guys do, but there is no reason to look like a slob. its obvious that the man does not dedicate himself to staying in shape when he doesnt have a fight around the corner.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jun 23 2008, 01:55 PM) [snapback]393492[/snapback]
i thought witherspoon looked to be in pretty good shape on saturday. best ive seen him look anyway. at least foreman was over 40 yrs old when he had that soft body. theres just no excuse to come in looking like arreola did on saturday. i understand that some people just dont get muscle tone like other guys do, but there is no reason to look like a slob. its obvious that the man does not dedicate himself to staying in shape when he doesnt have a fight around the corner.

Witherspoon was in great shape! He trained his ass off for this fight and that was the best I have seen him look, physique wise. (I seen him fight like 8 or 9 times)

It would serve Arreola some good if he did lose some of that midsection but I wouldn't expect to see him ripped! He will always have that gut.
BoxingStill#1
I'd buy a PPV berto williams.,......
BigG
I think Bertos obvisouly one of the most physically talented Welterweights in years..great hand speed, good power..but I don't think he would beat Cotto or Williams or Margarito...maybe Zab beats him too.

But everyone else he beats.
Douchebag
QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ Jun 24 2008, 02:46 PM) [snapback]393588[/snapback]
I'd buy a PPV berto williams.,......

I would to. And the truth is that WW are stacked so Berto is going to have to step in and fight him anyway. Truth be told Mosley should have waited untill after Berto picked up his strap and called him out, but hindsight is always 20/20.
Douchebag
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jun 24 2008, 02:54 PM) [snapback]393589[/snapback]
I think Bertos obvisouly one of the most physically talented Welterweights in years..great hand speed, good power..but I don't think he would beat Cotto or Williams or Margarito...maybe Zab beats him too.

But everyone else he beats.

With proper foot movement I think Berto could give williams problems in there. He will (Berto) would have to dig deep in order to pull it out though.
Tha Docta
im sure zabs name has come up as a possible opponent for berto. if he doesnt get knocked out it could be a good showcase for him. of course after seeing berto on queer street against rivera, im not so sure he doesnt get KTFO by judah.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think Williams would have too much of a reach for Berto. It'd be a good fight though, but Berto isn't quite ready for Williams yet. He should get a match against Louie Collazo or even better yet Carlos Quintana. Everytime Quintana goes in with people thinking he has no shot, he beats the guy. One of those two matches on HBO would be good at this point, and then a match against Williams. Who's to say he beats either Collazo and Quintana either. Just last summer he got dropped against Cosme Rivera.
D-MARV
Andre Berto should go out and hire Floyd Mayweather Sr.!!!!!!

Douchebag
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jun 24 2008, 06:49 PM) [snapback]393628[/snapback]
Andre Berto should go out and hire Floyd Mayweather Sr.!!!!!!

Oh hell yeah! I don't know why no one else thought of that. I have feeling he won't switch things around in his camp untill he loses one though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.