Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Ronald Hearns the next Great Middleweight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
U.S. Champ
I'm starting to feel like dude might be a true beast in the making possibly better than his daddy setting up a showdown with Mr. Pavlik
D-MARV
Is Ronald Hearns the next Great Middleweight?

Nah, I dont see it! He will be good but not great!
FenderDG3
I don't know. Obviously, there is the HOF lineage with his dad, but he kind of got a late start in the fight game. I mean the dude is almost 30, and he's only been fighting pro for 4 years. I'd like to see him step up in competition before we call him the next great Middleweight.
rusty_trombone
no
neophyte7
he will make noise in a few years... no rush because his father is Tommy- the best thing for him is to keep steadily taking tougher bouts
U.S. Champ
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Jun 21 2008, 10:07 PM) [snapback]393304[/snapback]
he will make noise in a few years... no rush because his father is Tommy- the best thing for him is to keep steadily taking tougher bouts

I Agree
Hodge
I like Ron. He obliterated the guy on the Pav/ Taylor II undercard. He's the one guy who doesn't get overhyped because of what his father's name. I think Aaron Pryor Jr. will be good too, but I saw him struggling against a journeyman a couple of weeks ago on ESPN2.
CreDog
Maybe the next Demetrius Hopkins....

D-MARV
QUOTE(CreDog @ Jun 23 2008, 11:59 AM) [snapback]393475[/snapback]
Maybe the next Demetrius Hopkins....

What's Demetrius up too now?
kidbazooka1
I think it's pushing a bit to say he's gonna be greater than his daddy. The kid hasn't fought anybody yet.
U.S. Champ
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jun 23 2008, 11:57 PM) [snapback]393550[/snapback]
I think it's pushing a bit to say he's gonna be greater than his daddy. The kid hasn't fought anybody yet.

I said possibly better, Tommie's a Hall of Famer thats a long road to travel
slap
He's ok maybe if he had a little defense then he could be good i dont see him beating any of the big names no time soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.