Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Enzo Calzaghe: "A Kelly Pavlik Fight Will Never Happen"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Method
By Mark Vester

Enzo Calzaghe, father/trainer of Joe Calzaghe, said his son will never fight WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik. He says Pavlik has not earned his right for a bout with Calzaghe and he feels Roy Jones Jr. will be a tougher fight for his son.

"At the end of the day it's never going to happen," Calzaghe told Setanta Sports. "Simply because I don't feel he deserves a shot yet at the big-time. On the back of one performance against a subdued, light fighter. There's a vast, vast difference between Gary and Joe Calzaghe. Gary would be the first to say that. It's chalk and cheese.

"I'm not interested in boosting the profile of a fight that aint going to happen. At the end of the day, you've got Carl Froch, you've got everybody coming up with some [fight]. We want the best available. Someone who I have always admired. Let's be honest about it. Do you think Pavlik deserves to be mentioned on that level? Pound-for-pound as the best fighter in the world?"

Calzaghe says fighting Jones will provide his son with more motivation. He doesn't think Pavlik has done anything special to be considered above the level of Jones.

"I look at it with a different perspective," Calzaghe added. "Motivation is about will. Will is about passion. Does he care about the public, Joe? No. So why scream about it. I want rewarded. Joe wants to be rewarded. Let this guy [Pavlik] win five/eight different belts. Come and talk to me face-to-face, pound-for-pound, somebody who can have a chance to jump the ship."

"Without a question of a doubt. Big Time. He beat Jermain Taylor so what? Joe would have wiped the floor with Jermain Taylor. A Light weight small puncher. So we should give a fight to everyone who wants one? 'It's my turn next'. Let him earn the right to go into the position. In Britain half the public don't know who Pavlik is, only the connoseurs of boxing. It's not bigger than Roy Jones-Calzaghe, its impossible.

"Without question it is the harder fight. But Joe said he wants to go out in flying colors. The best beats the best. He's got a right to that claim. He deserves it. Hypothetically, if the s*** hits the fan it happened with an all-time great."

What a fucking joker Enzo is.
JD
So the Jermain Taylor fight was discussed , Pavlik than beat Taylor twice, but is undeserving.

Makes perfect sense.
The CEO
QUOTE(Joke Calslapsghe's daddy)
The best beats the best.

really?...so Jones Jr. is one of "the best" in 2008......that's news to me....

Enzo is delusional....he should shut his fuckin' trap....people already disparage his boy enough....with good reason, I might add....

Big Slim Sweet
I can't even figure out what this clown is saying most of the time. 'Without a question of a doubt? Big time?' WTF is he even talking about?

I think this interview was conducted at a pub.
BigG
Jones is not the best available...No one has Roy in their P4P lists....Kell Pavlik is at least in the lower half of the top 10.
Tha Docta
i think enzo has been drinking the coolaid. there are better ways to say that pavlik isnt getting this fight. i dont understand why enzo is trashing pavlik though. pavlik isnt a trash talker and worked his way up the old fashioned way. is there some bad blood there that i am missing?? cause i am not understanding this bullshit at all.
Mean Mister Mustard
"Calzaghe says fighting Jones will provide his son with more motivation. He doesn't think Pavlik has done anything special to be considered above the level of Jones"

It should have read: "Calzaghe says fighting an old fighter past his prime who is known to stop punching when things don't go his way and has been knocked out twice will provide his son with more motivation. He thinks Pavlik has done too many special things to be considered a beatable opponent."

Enzo is fast becoming one of boxing's most annoying acts. Or maybe he always was but we didn't have to listen to him here in North America when his son was fighting bums in England.
BoxingStill#1
[quote name='Mean Mister Mustard' date='Jun 25 2008, 01:53 PM' post='393746']
"

"Enzo is fast becoming one of boxing's most annoying acts. ........................."

Ha!!!! I agree,.....he's lucky b-hop didnt smack his ass @ the press conference before ,.....shit even after the fight....
take-it-greezy
DONT NOOOOBODY WANNA SEE PAVLIK....whats up with all these pussy ass euro fighters dodging people? kessler dodging the fuck out of miranda, now calslappy dodging pavlik....hahaha ive never seen such excuses coming from someone as to justify not fighting someone...just admit that you are scared shitless of getting put in ICU by pavlik...hahaha i cant believe enzo thinks the public will buy his feeble and pathetic excuses....
U.S. Champ
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jun 25 2008, 12:08 PM) [snapback]393740[/snapback]
Jones is not the best available...No one has Roy in their P4P lists....Kell Pavlik is at least in the lower half of the top 10.

watch your mouth Roy represents greatness and as a representative of the Show Me State that damn sig of yours irks me Cory schooled him the first time lol
BigG
laugh.gif I'm sorry about the sig dude....it's the only Zab Judah sig in the gif thread..maybe if we can get one of Judah knocking down Floyd or knocking out Cosme Rivera, or Hopkins knocking Slappy down... I'll change it.
hardhead
Im beginning to dislike Enzo more than Joe, what a fucking clownshoe this guy is. I hope Jones/Calzaghe bombs like fuck and Calzaghe gets KTFO and we never have to hear from him or his daddy again.
Thegreatequalizer
well, obviously enzo is full of shit. but of course any trainer is always going to stand behind their boxer. so when he said that enzo macerinelli (or whatever) and gary lockett were going to kick ass and then proceeded to get their asses kicked, obviously he was talking shit. i wouldn't trust anything that guy says.
Mean Mister Mustard
He might also be a one trick pony, apart from Calzaghe all his other fighters have crumbled.
anthonyaccurate
"In Britain half the public don't know who Pavlik is, only the connoseurs of boxing"

Thats 99% more than the U.S. public who knows Calslappy. Cal vs Kessler is the lowest
rated title fight in HBO WCB history, and Hopkins Cal was not even in the conversation as a PPV and also got horrid ratings for FREE.

But he's right. He's telling the world what their plan was/is. Legitimize Joes career by having REAL legends
on his resume without the risk. Two fighters with 5 losses in their last 11 combined fights, with two by KO and a
combined age over 80. He just unified with the Kessler fight, and now is in NAME recognition mode. The number 1 fighter in the world? REally?
D-MARV
laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(hardhead @ Jun 25 2008, 04:56 PM) [snapback]393762[/snapback]
Im beginning to dislike Enzo more than Joe, what a fucking clownshoe this guy is. I hope Jones/Calzaghe bombs like fuck and Calzaghe gets KTFO and we never have to hear from him or his daddy again.

I hope it doesnt bomb but I do hope Calzaghe gets KO'ed
gods son
people were all saying Lacy would knock out Joe in fashion, etc etc! maybe Pavlik is another young gun that has the potential too..but let Joe go for a legend.

hitman harding
Enzo's happy too sell the RJJ fight . More cash less risk?
Man this sounds like every boxers dream
60 thousand home town fans paying his and his sons retirement fund.
Shame the fihts 3 years too late
BigG
I hope RJJ bitchslaps Calzaghe.
BigG
Lacy ain't no Pavlik. Lacy never beat anyone close to Taylor.

Lacy was always an ovverated, no defense having fighter. Pavlik is better.
BigG
Of course Lacy being an undefeated KO artist excited alot of people...but truth is he never beat anyone like Taylor. Let's be real, Lacy was never a top fighter. Did you see his 2 fights after Calzaghe? Just totally unimpressive.

Pavlik is an undefeated KO artist as well and he is overrated but at least the guy has proven himself against one top fighter...Say what you want about Jermain, frankly I don't think he is all that great, but IMO he was more impressive against BHOP than Calzaghe was. Calzaghe was put flat on his ass and only landed a few decent punches all night. The ONLY reason Calzgahe has that SD win on his record is Hopkins is 43. If Hopkins was Joe's age, he would have beaten Calzaghe clearly.
BigG
Your right on a few things fitz but I think Calzgahe looked like a shit against a 43 year old, wildy missing SLAPPY flurries, hitting nothing but air, lost by a round on my card and I hope either Jones or Pavlik ends his career.

There.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I like Pavlik a lot (my kinda fighter, guts, heart, punches like a mule) but I think he is slightly overrated.

Hell he showed a ton of heart in that 1st Taylor fight and I was rooting for him, but if Taylor had finished him off like he was supposed to does anyone think we'd be having this conversation right now?
BigG
Well, Hopkins only looked like shit when he for started to get tired....and that might be due to the fact that he's an aging fighter (well past his physcial prime). Calzaghe was made to look like amateur all night..slapping air. I guess the only way you give him rounds is because he was more active because he wasn't really landing shit cleanly all night. There was no doubt in my mind who was landing the cleaner, harder blows and that was Hopkins.

If Calzaghe were to fight and beat Pavlik, I would give him his due...but come on fitz, you even said it yourself...the Jones of today based on his recent fights with Tito and Hanshaw is a faded fighter. Still good, but faded. Joe wants to end his career against the "best" and a legend...Jones is a legend but the fuck that man Glen Johnson and Tarver both dominated him. Pavlik, is the Undisputed Middleweight Champion...and the boxing public certainly rates him higher than Jones today.

Calzaghe-Jones looks like its happening..I seriousy hope Jones beats the shit out of Calzaghe.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
biggeorge89,

I can't believe you take anything that comes out of a boxer's (or trainers, or managers, or promoters) mouth so literally.

I'll simplify it for you in a few easy steps.

"I want to fight a legend"="I want the biggest payday out there"

"I've been wanting to fight this guy for some time"="I believe he's now past his prime and is there for the taking"

"What has he done? He doesn't deserve to fight me yet"="I think he's a young lion and at this stage in my hall of fame career I'd prefer not to"

See easy!

But I agree with Fitz, I don't see why Calzaghe gets so much heat for it when practically all the top dogs who have been near the top of the pile for some time do the same.

Money Mayweather anyone?
Method
I also disagree about Taylor doing a better job with Hopkins. I hadn't seen Hopkins look as bad as he did against Calazghe. He resorted to pretending to be hit low (not that I hold it against him, but to do that he was no where near as in control in the Taylor fights, Hopkins never had to resort to actions like this). I also had not seen Hopkins throw as much as he did with his head down. Calazghe made him look ordinary, and Hopkins didn't make Calazghe look great either, but Calazghe did a much better job than Taylor.

I thought Hopkins won both Taylor fights, and I too thought Taylor did a much better job than Calzaghe.

What Hopkins was able to do in shutting down Calzaghe's out put and connects (I don't give a cotton picking fuck what Compucrock says), was pure chess mastery. Hopkins landed pretty much every meaningful blow in the fight, and was the ring general ALL NIGHT. To be able to do that agaisnt someone as seasoned as Calzaghe is a thing that Canastota Dreams are made of. Was he able to do it against Taylor too? Yeah, but you kid of expected he'd be able to shut Taylor down. Nobody thought he'd be able to dictate that kind of thing to Joe. People can say whatever they want about "acting" on low blows. I thought it was Hopkins way of fucking with Joe's attempt to get in any kind of rhythm, and I thought it was a good move. Lest we forget that as soon as the actions resumed, Hopkins landed all the telling blows in the round and took the rounds (in my book). Regardless, people want to accuse Hopkins of acting late, but what about Calzaghe's ADMITTED flagrant low blows in the second? It gets a pass because it was admitted?

Neither here nor there. Like I said, I was more impressed with Taylor's gutsy, albeit ineffective aggressive perfermances vs. Hopkins.

He was never the same after those fights, and I think it was because his confidence was shattered, and maybe deep down he doubted himself after getting those decisions, but who knows.
buford54
I agree that Joe deserves credit for the Lacy fight. A lot of us did think that Lacy would walk through those slaps and put Joe out, and Joe made him look easy.
That said, Lacy was the first decent fight that Joe had taken.
He had talked about Roy, Hopkins, all the other champs...and then opted to fight no names for some scratch in England.
He played the same game that Roy played for so long. Call them out, but don't ever fight them.
The only reason that I hope Roy beats Joe is that Roy has already lost 3 times since those days. Joe simply waited until the "decent" opponents list turned the collective age of 200 and is now pursuing the fights.
Perhaps that's what he means when he says that Pavlik doesn't deserve the fight. Only if you are 40 or older do you deserve the fight.
As far as Enzo...he said that Lockett would beat Pavlik. Now, after Pavlik destroyed his fighter that was supposed to win, his son is too good? Enzo is a circus act, just like everyone. Just trying to sell their wares to make some coin.
BigG
I give Calzaghe credit for the Lacy win. It was a GOOD win...over a B champion.
getup
QUOTE(Method @ Jun 26 2008, 06:53 AM) [snapback]393804[/snapback]
I thought Hopkins won both Taylor fights, and I too thought Taylor did a much better job than Calzaghe.
What Hopkins was able to do in shutting down Calzaghe's out put and connects (I don't give a cotton picking fuck what Compucrock says), was pure chess mastery. Hopkins landed pretty much every meaningful blow in the fight, and was the ring general ALL NIGHT. To be able to do that agaisnt someone as seasoned as Calzaghe is a thing that Canastota Dreams are made of. Was he able to do it against Taylor too? Yeah, but you kid of expected he'd be able to shut Taylor down. Nobody thought he'd be able to dictate that kind of thing to Joe. People can say whatever they want about "acting" on low blows. I thought it was Hopkins way of fucking with Joe's attempt to get in any kind of rhythm, and I thought it was a good move. Lest we forget that as soon as the actions resumed, Hopkins landed all the telling blows in the round and took the rounds (in my book). Regardless, people want to accuse Hopkins of acting late, but what about Calzaghe's ADMITTED flagrant low blows in the second? It gets a pass because it was admitted?

Neither here nor there. Like I said, I was more impressed with Taylor's gutsy, albeit ineffective aggressive perfermances vs. Hopkins.

He was never the same after those fights, and I think it was because his confidence was shattered, and maybe deep down he doubted himself after getting those decisions, but who knows.

Hopkins lost both fights to Taylor because he was timid. After the first Taylor fight he asserted about how he would take it out of the judges hands in the rematch and what does he do?...he fought even more tentatively. Too bad bad because I thought he could have beat Jermain if he was more assertive. Taylor didn't fall off after Hopkins, it's just that Bernard couldn't capitalize on Jermain's weaknesses.

Joe was a different story altogether though. If Bernard opened up with Joe, Calzaghe would've sliced him. What angers me is that he hyped about Joe not being in his league and what does he do? He stunk the joint out (again) & when things did begin to loosen up a just a little bit, he took a DIVE in an effort to get POINTS DEDUCTED. At any rate, all props to Joe as he solidified himself among the best of his era.

As for Bernard, he was a great fighter but I think he needs to take heed to Kellerman's words if he intends to carry on:

"fighting not to lose isn't exactly the same (as winning)".

getup
QUOTE(buford54 @ Jun 26 2008, 07:35 AM) [snapback]393806[/snapback]
I agree that Joe deserves credit for the Lacy fight. A lot of us did think that Lacy would walk through those slaps and put Joe out, and Joe made him look easy.
That said, Lacy was the first decent fight that Joe had taken.
He had talked about Roy, Hopkins, all the other champs...and then opted to fight no names for some scratch in England.
He played the same game that Roy played for so long. Call them out, but don't ever fight them.
The only reason that I hope Roy beats Joe is that Roy has already lost 3 times since those days. Joe simply waited until the "decent" opponents list turned the collective age of 200 and is now pursuing the fights.
Perhaps that's what he means when he says that Pavlik doesn't deserve the fight. Only if you are 40 or older do you deserve the fight.
As far as Enzo...he said that Lockett would beat Pavlik. Now, after Pavlik destroyed his fighter that was supposed to win, his son is too good? Enzo is a circus act, just like everyone. Just trying to sell their wares to make some coin.

As far as what trainers say, Enzo's just responding to Loew's ridiculous nonsense. They should ask this johnny come lately why Kelly is running from Winky Wright? He would certainly make more money fighting him than the Lockett's of the world and whoever 'else' he'll be fighting in the fall. Arum was offered big bucks for the fight but said Winky wasn't a punching bag, er' I mean too boring:

"Winky Wright Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions offered middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik a $4 million payday to step in the ring with Jr. middleweight champion Winky Wright. Its seems like promoter Bob Arum doesn’t want to risk Pavlik defending his title against Winky’s Jab but instead on potential opponents like Marco Antonio Rubio, Giovanni Lorenzo and possibly Gary Lockett on June 7th. Considering you only made $2.5 million fighting Jermain Taylor, $4 million doesn’t sound bad and considering that Wright fought to a draw with Taylor nearly two years ago and hasn’t been in the ring since his unanimous decision loss to Bernard Hopkins last year."
salvador
I'm gettting really bored of fighters/trainers/promoters trying to negotiate on websites as if we, the fans, are too fucking stupid to see through their bullshit.

Floyd is not retired. He is simply trying to get more money from DLH.

DLH will fight at least 2 more times because he's trying to build a business by stringing HBO along.

Calzaghe will fight Roy and Pavlik because they're both winnable fights for him and Calzaghe needs both of them for his legacy.

Just because we're monkeys doesn't mean we're dumb.

ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 25 2008, 12:53 PM) [snapback]393746[/snapback]
Enzo is fast becoming one of boxing's most annoying acts. Or maybe he always was but we didn't have to listen to him here in North America when his son was fighting bums in England.

Yeah, he has always been annoying.

ALways ranting on and on and on and on to anyone who'd listen about how great Calzaghe is and how he's bust anyone up. Enzo's been like that since day one.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Method @ Jun 26 2008, 06:53 AM) [snapback]393804[/snapback]

cant believe your giving hopkins credit for faking a low blow. i guess i didnt see the "chess mastery" that you saw that night. i saw a guy that ran around the ring and threw an occassional lead right hand with his head down. everybody knew this fight was going to be a stinker. both of these guys specialize in making their opponents look like shit. and hopkins has mastered the art of not losing decisively, but he sometimes doesnt do enough to win convincingly. i thought joe won the fight and dictated the pace after the first few rounds, which is why i believe hopkins faked being hurt to get a breather. and i cant even count the amount of illegal blows that hopkins landed on joe when the ref was unable to see. hopkins should never be allowed to complain about illegal blows since he depends on them as part of his arsenal.

i also think it looks bad for hopkins that he wasnt able to beat taylor decisively. taylor had an advantage in athleticism and thats about it. taylor lacks technique and craft and should have been run out of the ring by hopkins. hops chose to play it extremely safe and paid the price.

i still dont like calzaghes style, but i respect him as a fighter. he gets no credit for the lacy fight now, but alot of people thought lacy would run right through joe. and alot of people thought he would lose to kessler as well. ditto for the hopkins fight. but the man is still undefeated.

Douchebag
Enzo is a clown. Ever since I saw the build up to Zaghe Vs B-Hop and Enzo was ranting about how his son is the greatest fighter P4P in the world (or alltime, I can't remember but it was something rediculous like that) I knew not to take Jazz Hands seriously.
Box in Hand
Think about this...Calzaghe has a good chance at beating Pavlik. Pavlik is all come foward, no angles. Joe throws a lot of angles. If he were to beat Pavlik, he would be the Middleweight, Super Middleweight, & Light Heavyweight champion of the world all at the same time. Has that ever been done before? I say go fro greatness instead of trying to fight a guy (Roy Jones) who many percieve as over the hill.
anthonyaccurate
The same can be said more emphatically concerning Calzaghe. Lets not forget, he was the odds on favorite.
He looked nothing like the fighter that beat his previous "high quality" comp in Lacy and Kessler. He looked amateurish and ineffective for a majority of the fight. He didn't adjust his gameplan, like HBO was trying to convince us (Remember, he goes into fights with no gameplan against particular opponents). X got tired.

I could clearly see a slip in Bernard in the Winky fight and felt that the age was beginning to show. Lets be real. The difference in the fight was not skill, certainly not in favor of Calzaghe. it was age that hindered bernard. It only meant X couldnt let his hand go more frequently later in the fight, instead of sitting back earlier like against Taylor he let them go earlier and got winded later....

"....throwing amateur type of punches where his face was looking on the ground and just throwing. I thought the work rate got to him and he looked no where near as sharp as he did previously...."

this was def. true in the last two rounds, but whats interesting about this fight is nobody talks about Joe LANDING on bernard. At one point, the vaunted Compubox had Joe 0-33 with JABS in the first 3-4 rounds.I thought you had to have clean effective punching to win a fight, not tire your opponent out with misses.
Its like Joe won because he got a 43 bernard tired, not because of landing clean effective punches. I guess the judges (and HBO) liked effective misses. I don't.

QUOTE(Fitz @ Jun 26 2008, 12:16 PM) [snapback]393825[/snapback]
I never argued this. In fact I said on a couple of occasions that I would prefer to see Calazghe-Pavlik. I think it would be better and more competitive. But I still don't think Calazghe should get the criticism he is getting. He was flirting with this fight prior to Pavlik's name being tossed around. It is also a lot more money in it. They are 2 divisions apart also. Calazghe has fought his fair share of top fighters for a while. Three of his recent ones to be recognized as an undisputed champ. Though don't get me wrong, I really would prefer to see a fight with Pavlik.
If people want to criticize Calazghe's etiquette on how to turn down a fight, thats their opinion and a different matter.
That's fair enough, we saw the fights differently. Both fights were close and controversial but to me I think Hopkins looked the worst I had seen him recently against Calazghe (who looked better between Taylor and Calazghe is another story). Whether it was age or not, I can't say but all I know is Hopkins still looked fairly sharp for an old man in his fights with Tarver and Wright before hand. I just thought Hopkins did so many things you are not used to seeing. He was throwing amateur type of punches where his face was looking on the ground and just throwing. I thought the work rate got to him and he looked no where near as sharp as he did previously. That said, it was a close fight but the quality in Hopkins compared to Hopkins prior to this fight was pretty evident to me.
Thegreatequalizer
some of this seems kind of ridiculous. calzaghe and hopkins and pavlik and jones are top tier guys. over-rated or under-rated, it doesn't really matter. i imagine that joe's been thinking about a jones fight for like 10 years. pavlik's been on the scene for a couple of years and doesn't even draw a big crowd at this point. in the late 70's would you rather fight muhammad ali (way past his prime) or larry holmes (up and coming undefeated)? i think everyone would want ali on their resume, especially since holmes was considered a little over-rated on his rise up.
slap
Thank god this fights not going 2 happen pavlik would have killed slap happy joe.
hitman harding
Pavlik needs too show he can beat King Arthur first! Though he would be favoured too win, this is by no way a gimme like the Lockett fight.
I will go even further and say he would struggle against a bigger stronger Euro type fighter named Kessler.
Pavlik has no name recognision in Europe and lets see Joe can get 60k in an arena for a RJJ fight and get HBO cash as well. Face it the US dollar aint what it used to be and Pavlik is still the young gun and needs Joe more then Joe needs him.
I remember Hopkins and RJJ saying Joe who back in 2002/2003, Why would i want to fight him? I guess Joe is following there example with Pavlik and fighting for the BEST $$$$
Call it what you want but $$$ talk and Pavlik ain't got the cash.

Joe would have schooled Pavlik IMOA just like Lacy!
stateofthegame
I believe thhe Calzaghe's were interested in the fight with Pavlik and the fight for Lockett so Enzo could get a close look at Kelly. He did not like what he saw and relayed the information, along with Lockett telling Calzaghe just how hard it is to get hit by Kelly and that his defense is better than it is made out to be, and they went back to old Roy.

As far a Winky, I could care less if he ever gets another fight. All he does is talk and send people annoying fucking e-mails. He has not fought since Hopkins and still thinks he is a draw. He is not a draw and never was one. They were talking 4 million, but who was going to show it. HBO was not going to approve it for PPV because neither guy is a big draw, and anywhere besides a location close to either guys home (which Wright or Pavlik would not take) would not make enough revenue to cover the event, because if Pavlik was getting 4, Winky would want 6. Even if not that high he would demand at least 3.5 or as close to four as he could.

In order for the card to make money it would have to have a superstar undercard which means more money and Winky will not have an undercard with names bigger than himself. I just do not see that fight ever happening.
Nasty
Well sadly this is the state of boxing right now. Too many fighters are simply unwilling to deliver the true mega fights that real fans want to see.
take-it-greezy
calSLAPPY is a punk made bitch, simple as that...first off jeff lacy did not beat a fighter of the likes of jermain taylor TWICE, nor will he ever...pavlik is 10 levels above lacy...lacy = edison miranda, not great, but a good fighter, if you lose to him you're not championship material, and if you beat him, you're next in line for a title shot...pavlik would absolutely destroy calSLAPPY, and ANYONE else out there right now...there is not a man on this planet in his weight range that could beat him right now...honestly, i think pavlik/taylor II is the closest fight we will see pavlik in for a loooonnnng, long time..remember,you heard it here first....hahaha great white hope/great white hype>?!>! hahahaha nahh, try great white champion for the next decade.....that senile old krumudgeon manny steward was talking all this noise, "ohh pavlik aint shit, taylor wil beat him easily" HAHAHAHAHAHAH and what happened, huh, WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED, taylor was fucking viciously knocked out, he was pavliks little bitch....hahaha he started wobbling, and he crumpled too the mat and didnt get up for a hot minute...

"michael, why are you wearing all black...because you wear black to funerals, and we came to kill a dynasty"
-michael strahan before BEATING THE SHIT out of the bitchass cheating patriots...
Tha Docta
QUOTE(take-it-greezy @ Jun 27 2008, 02:08 PM) [snapback]393906[/snapback]
calSLAPPY is a punk made bitch, simple as that...first off jeff lacy did not beat a fighter of the likes of jermain taylor TWICE, nor will he ever...pavlik is 10 levels above lacy...lacy = edison miranda, not great, but a good fighter, if you lose to him you're not championship material, and if you beat him, you're next in line for a title shot...pavlik would absolutely destroy calSLAPPY, and ANYONE else out there right now...there is not a man on this planet in his weight range that could beat him right now...honestly, i think pavlik/taylor II is the closest fight we will see pavlik in for a loooonnnng, long time..remember,you heard it here first....hahaha great white hope/great white hype>?!>! hahahaha nahh, try great white champion for the next decade.....that senile old krumudgeon manny steward was talking all this noise, "ohh pavlik aint shit, taylor wil beat him easily" HAHAHAHAHAHAH and what happened, huh, WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED, taylor was fucking viciously knocked out, he was pavliks little bitch....hahaha he started wobbling, and he crumpled too the mat and didnt get up for a hot minute...
"michael, why are you wearing all black...because you wear black to funerals, and we came to kill a dynasty"
-michael strahan before BEATING THE SHIT out of the bitchass cheating patriots...

wow, im gonna take a wild guess and say that your mom got caught up in the crack game before conceiving you.
BoxingStill#1
kessler....pavlik....battle of the right hands.....id buy it.....

does anybody honestly think calzaghe would have a chance with a 'pre-Ruiz Jones'?......
D-MARV
Prime Roy would demolish Joe Calzaghe!!!!!!! TKO6
WindyCityP
Sean Penn is extremely delusional but he has learned from the best in Frank Warren. Besides Pavlik doesn't need to fight Joe.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jun 27 2008, 02:38 PM) [snapback]393908[/snapback]
wow, im gonna take a wild guess and say that your mom got caught up in the crack game before conceiving you.

I know the typing is kind fucked up, but the points where not that bad.
WolfishPromistah
Well sadly this is the state of boxing right now. Too many fighters are simply unwilling to deliver the true mega fights that real fans want to see.”

Then, with the added bonus of what I'd call protection leagues, specifically aimed to remind us how dangerous the sport is, as well as how such amounts of money are questionable for the work, ultimately tempting fighters to demand more and do less, it seems we steadily getting’ cut shorter e’ry year. Now I believe I glanced folks are even talkin’ ‘bout requiring gloves to be still larger. If so, we are definitely lucky as hell to see this Cotto V Margarito thing with the 8 ounce "knuckles." Silly though it may seem, it sorta makes me feel I’m dreaming we in boxing’s last days of true quality competitiveness. Just remind me to say a lil prayer for the game.
LeeGenius
Joe is slick and skilled enough to win a decision over Kelly, but there are two huge problems. Joe would not be able to hurt Kelly and Kelly has the ability to end it at any time. Even if Joe is up in the fight 7 rounds to 2, Kelly can catch him any time. It'd be a nervy fight for Joe and his pops.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.