Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roy calling out Sam Peter???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
I just read the front page of everyone's favorite site, and it says that Roy would consider that fight next after Calzaghe. I'll go on record and say there's NO WAY that Roy has the balls to do it. After being KTFO by Tarver and Johnson (though I do believe the weight excuses), there is no way he can handle the punch of Peter.

I wish Roy had stayed at HW after winning his belt from Ruiz, but I think Sam is just too big for him at this point in his career.
D-MARV
dntknw.gif Damn Roy!!!!!

King Eugene
black eye.gif As big of a Roy fan I am, I swear I wish this doesnt happen. PLEAASSEE dont do it. LOL

Hell I wish he would have fought to get the Tyson fight after Ruiz and then retired like he said he was going to do after the first Tarver fight.

Damn Roy you my boy but you trippin.
Fitz
I would love to see this fight. But unfortunately, Jones Jr is just bluffing.
D-MARV
RJJ is just running his mouth! He went from calling out Oscar @156 to calling out Sam Peter @256!!!! LOL
Method
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Thing is, you all are assuming Sam Peter would land on him, and I don't think that's necessarily the case. Against Jones, Peter would appear to be, as Fred G Sanford would say, "a big, slow, dummy".
moscow bear
QUOTE(Method @ Jun 27 2008, 09:23 AM) [snapback]393871[/snapback]
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Thing is, you all are assuming Sam Peter would land on him, and I don't think that's necessarily the case. Against Jones, Peter would appear to be, as Fred G Sanford would say, "a big, slow, dummy".

i cosign, true roy has no legs anymore, but sam peter has no stamina to cut the ring for 12 rounds. does he even know what cutting the ring is? roy can definetely beat peter.
JD
Roy at heavy?

Yeah...not so good.
buford54
In typical Roy fashion he tries to impress everyone with smoke and mirrors.
Just like when he fought Ruiz, he picked the absolute weakest champ, who relied entirely on grappling to win his fights. Roy knew that if Ruiz couldn't grab and grapple him, Roy would be way to fast.

This would be an identical repeat, except that Peter doesn't rely on grappling, so it is really a lower risk fight for Roy. Also, Peter is in worse shape then John Ruiz.

See if Roy would even mention the name of a Klitschko, or even someone like Rahman. Anyone who has more than one trick up their sleeve, Roy won't even acknowledge that they exist.

I so wish that Trinidad had knocked Roy out. Roy is the one person who could actually make me pull for Joe Calzaghe.
JD
I think that the current state of Roy's legs, and his chin will be a problem for him at heavyweight...even against Sam Peter.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(JD @ Jun 27 2008, 07:34 AM) [snapback]393877[/snapback]
I think that the current state of Roy's legs, and his chin will be a problem for him at heavyweight...even against Sam Peter.

Yup....as slow and and out of shape Peter is, I just don't see Roys legs and/or chin lasting 12 rounds.

This is not a fight of 'who's better than who'.....its a case of 'is Peter shit enough for a faded Jones to beat?' laugh.gif
BigG
The HW is so shitty this might be the most interesting fight at HW that could happen..
thehype
Peter could fart and knock Roy out.

Who next?

CreDog
Roy you are a legend, but Peter might kill you. Remember Jeremy "the truth" Williams?

CreDog
QUOTE(thehype @ Jun 27 2008, 09:02 AM) [snapback]393886[/snapback]
Peter could fart and knock Roy out.

Who next?

I'm thinking........................Kimbo...

ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(JD @ Jun 27 2008, 10:16 AM) [snapback]393887[/snapback]

laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
We all know it's not going to happen.

But let's say they did fight, I think Peter could land. Roy can't fight with his hands down anymore and Peter can actually counter punch pretty darn good. Look at his fights with Toney.
buford54
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 27 2008, 01:57 PM) [snapback]393901[/snapback]
We all know it's not going to happen.

But let's say they did fight, I think Peter could land. Roy can't fight with his hands down anymore and Peter can actually counter punch pretty darn good. Look at his fights with Toney.

But Toney is an out of shape, stationary fighter. Roy wouldn't go lay on the ropes against Peter. He'd make Peter chase him around until he collapsed from a heart-attack.
Peter can counter a punch that has no power from someone who is just sitting on the ropes.
Roy would be in and out and on the other side of the building before Sam even started to try to counter.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(buford54 @ Jun 27 2008, 03:56 PM) [snapback]393911[/snapback]
But Toney is an out of shape, stationary fighter. Roy wouldn't go lay on the ropes against Peter. He'd make Peter chase him around until he collapsed from a heart-attack.
Peter can counter a punch that has no power from someone who is just sitting on the ropes.
Roy would be in and out and on the other side of the building before Sam even started to try to counter.

u are dillussional if you think roy has any chance here. roy has had to lay on the ropes for all of his recent fights because he doesnt have the legs anymore. if this fight came off (no chance that it really does), i would be surprised if roy makes it out alive.
Big Slim Sweet
LMAO at some people actually picking Roy to win this. Is there no limit to those free kool-aid refills??

It won't happen...ever...but if it did, Sam Peter would kill Roy inside of 5 rounds. And by that I mean he'd murder him. As in, Roy would be dead. On the canvas. Cold & stiff.
Method
Well, after reading the interview, I have concluded that Roy is just "okey-doking" Don King and leading the 'Long Haired One' on to believe he'll fight his heavyweight as part of an concession for King freeing Roy up to go after Calzaghe without King skimming any of that.

It will be very interesting to see how it plays out afterwards, but Roy paid King a sum of money to get him to bow out of the Calzaghe negotiations, and it appears, agreed to let King have his ass in the very next fight, potentially at heavyweight and potentially with King's heavyweight, Sam Peter.

I do NOT believe this is Roy arbitrarily calling out Sam Peter. I believe this is Roy trying to mislead King into believing it.

Who knows.
BoxingStill#1
RJ Translation: "somebody PLEASE give me a pay day!!!!!!!
D-MARV
I say Roy Jones Jr. Fights Calzaghe then Finish off his career with Bernard Hopkins in a Farewell Fight for both!!!!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jun 27 2008, 05:58 PM) [snapback]393926[/snapback]
I say Roy Jones Jr. Fights Calzaghe then Finish off his career with Bernard Hopkins in a Farewell Fight for both!!!!

Good call. A Jones-Hopkins rematch should be a cinch to make.
Fitz
I say fuck the Calazghe fight and see him end his career fighting Sam Peter. I'm sure he will go out in a way that only he deserves.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jun 27 2008, 10:47 PM) [snapback]393942[/snapback]
I say fuck the Calazghe fight and see him end his career fighting Sam Peter. I'm sure he will go out in a way that only he deserves.

On a stretcher with an oxygen mask is how Roy goes out fighting Peter.
JD
Yeah...Peter would club Roy out of there.
HaydelHammer
fuc peter no neck, folding down the stretch, bean burrito conditioning, couldn't finish the job against klit, punk A$$. lol

get em roy. LMAO!
D-MARV
QUOTE(HaydelHammer @ Jun 28 2008, 03:30 PM) [snapback]393992[/snapback]
fuc peter no neck, folding down the stretch, bean burrito conditioning, couldn't finish the job against klit, punk A$$. lol

get em roy. LMAO!

Did he even start a job against Klit?

Im sorry, I can't stand Sam Peter, I dont think he is good at all...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.