Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BETA Testers Needed
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
If anyone has a free second, can you please test the following page for me:

http://www.fighthype.com/sopcastpopup.php

You may have to give it a few seconds to load everything. If prompted, install the ActiveX control (it's safe...I promise).

Just let me know if everything pulls up for you okay or if you have any problems.

Chat room, video and round-by-round copy should all be displayed.
JD
No problem here.
BigG
Sweet..theres a chatroom.
BigG
However I logged off chat after the page loaded...?
thehype
Round-by-round refresh should not affect your login status...it looks like you're not having a problem now BG.

Post any other bugs in here.
BigG
Yup it works good now Hype.
Jack 1000
Early Test Results:

Works good in IE 7. A small shimmering of picture when using the scroll bars on the right side. Users with problems, have you:

1.) Installed the Active X control for Sopcast? (You should get an install prompt.) Click Run or Run Active X Control. After verification of the install, you may need to close out of the page and your browser. Than come back to reactivate it.

2.) Cleaned out your History, Cache, and Temp Files in IE 7? (Go under Tools, Delete Browsing History.) Delete History, and Temp Internet Files? Close the browser, than try to go back to the page again. Not sure on older versions, I think it's Tools than Internet Options, but it should still be under the Tools menu.

3.) Checked to make sure that Java is enabled on your computer? (Go under Tools, Internet Options, Advanced,) check to see that Java is enabled, if not enable it.

4.) Installed Java on your computer? You can get the latest version from Sun Microsystems here:

http://www.java.com/en/

Note: If you have problems loading the page, you may want to uninstall older versions of Java from Add/Remove Programs first. Remove old versions of Java or Java Runtime Environment, than install the new version.

Note for Firefox users: The page does not work at this time, you should use IE.

Jack

Administrator
dj necrogenic
So does this mean the fight is going to be streamed live here?
Byrd Man
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jun 27 2008, 02:25 PM) [snapback]393907[/snapback]
Note for Firefox users: The page does not work at this time, you should use IE.

Jack

Administrator

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Jun 27 2008, 03:32 PM) [snapback]393916[/snapback]

I understand your concern Byrdman,

Yea, hoperfully we can get the page to run in Firefox as well.

Jack
Douchebag
works for me
Fitz
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jun 28 2008, 04:25 AM) [snapback]393907[/snapback]
you should use IE.

Haha, don't think so.
thehype
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Jun 27 2008, 03:24 PM) [snapback]393909[/snapback]
So does this mean the fight is going to be streamed live here?

Yes and no...the fights are actually streamed through Sopcast...not on our server, but through someone else. However, we can provide an embedded player that will allow you to view that stream provided there's a channel.

So yes...you can view a stream through the embedded player, but no, we're not providing the stream.
thehype
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Jun 27 2008, 04:32 PM) [snapback]393916[/snapback]

Actually, you can use Firefox just fine, but you have to download the plugin and configure it in order to view the embedded player.

Here's a link to the plugin:

http://sopcast.com/download/mozactivex-ff-15.xpi

And here's a link to the instructions:

http://sopcast.com/doc/mozillamunual.jsp

If you using Mozilla FireFox, you must install ActiveX plugin for FireFox to enable Sopcast WebPlayer.

A. Download the Plugin

download mozactivex-ff-15.xpi

The plugin mozactivex-ff-15.xpi is only for firefox version 1.5.0.x. Check the version of your firefox, if it's not 1.5.0.x, download your corresponding plugin here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213 . And you may also follow the guide on that page.

B. Install the Plugin

Drag and Drop the file mozactivex-ff-15.xpi into the firefox s windows (version 1.5.0.x), a installation window will popup. Click button Install Now to install the plugin.

C. Config the Plugin

Config the plugin by enter a URL: about:config in address box of firefox, some configurations will be displayed in text window. Select the security.classID.allowByDefault and set the value to true.

D. Restart Firefox

Restart the firefox and visit http://www.sopcast.com . If you have installed the SopCast WebPlayer, you can see the WebPlayer's user interface. If you have never downloaded and installed it, download it here , install it and refresh the page.

stateofthegame
seems to work fine, well fine enough for dial-up that is. LOL!!
thehype
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jun 27 2008, 09:52 PM) [snapback]393938[/snapback]
Haha, don't think so.

Don't need to. See above.
Jack 1000
I think I'm sticking with IE for this. In fact, I know I am, for sure

The Sopcast instructions are too complex. (For the Firefox plug in acquisition.) With FF 3 now out, I am hoping that Sopcast will just release a simple plug in format. ( I still have 2.0.014)

If I have a browser that plays the fights, that's all that's important.

Jack
thehype
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jun 28 2008, 12:37 AM) [snapback]393950[/snapback]
I think I'm sticking with IE for this. In fact, I know I am, for sure

The Sopcast instructions are too complex. (For the Firefox plug in acquisition.) With FF 3 now out, I am hoping that Sopcast will just release a simple plug in format. ( I still have 2.0.014)

If I have a browser that plays the fights, that's all that's important.

Jack

Yeah...IE is a bit easier, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to get the Firefox plugin to work.

Just click the link to install it, restart Firefox, type "about:config" in the address bar, scroll down until you get to "security.classID.allowByDefault", double click it to change the setting to true, restart Firefox again and you're done...that's really all you have to do. Takes about 30 seconds. I have the latest version of Firefox installed and the old plugin is working just fine for me (although I'll stick with IE).

Just had to clarify that so as not to scare off any Firefox users.
hardhead
so we what is that link for? to watch the fight online?

Byrd Man
I'm sorry I can't navigate through that page they give me.

Can someone hook me up with the plugin for Firefox 2.0?
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Jun 28 2008, 04:28 PM) [snapback]394004[/snapback]
I'm sorry I can't navigate through that page they give me.

Can someone hook me up with the plugin for Firefox 2.0?

Hi Byrd Man,

I found it confusing too. Did you read Ben's added instructions to me above that said how to do it? I wish I could be more help, but it looks like your best options are:

1.) Shoot Ben an E-mail and he can walk you through it. OR

2.) If you're pressed for time, as crappy as this sounds, install the Sopcast player and watch the fight through IE until you get your Firefox/Sopcast thing configured. Those "Help" pages are off of Sopcast's site, and they go back to like July 2005. Ben did say that the plug in works with 1.5 and the latest versions of Firefox. As you know the greatness of Firefox was/is the ease of added security and the ability to easily install extentions. But even on that page, when they talk about "disabling the OBJ object" I found out that this refers to the AdBlock plug in. (I researched this last night.) The thing is, that plug in has been replaced by Adblock+, and what they are talking about (according to this Sopcast forum) is that the OBJ Object enabler has been replaced with "Show Tabs on Flash and Java" in Add Block+ Than there is conflicts as to was this bug worked out for Ad Block Plus, or do you still have to turn off the "Show Tabs on Flash and Java" to use the Sopcast player?

I don't know the answer to this, and it sounds like Sopcast doesn't know, or haven't updated their help page since 2005. So I replied to Ben in the post saying, I'm sticking with IE.

Anyway, here is the link to the plug in that Ben talks about above:

http://www.sopcast.com/doc/mozillamunual.jsp

And here are Ben's instructions on how to active the player in Firefox.

Yeah...IE is a bit easier, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to get the Firefox plugin to work.

Just click the link to install it, restart Firefox, type "about:config" in the address bar, scroll down until you get to "security.classID.allowByDefault", double click it to change the setting to true, restart Firefox again and you're done...that's really all you have to do. Takes about 30 seconds. I have the latest version of Firefox installed and the old plugin is working just fine for me (although I'll stick with IE).

Just had to clarify that so as not to scare off any Firefox users.

If you're still nervous, shoot him an e-mail or temporarily use IE for Sopcast. You also might want to create a System Restore Point if you are using XP (I assume you are.) Just go under Start/Accessories, System Tools/System Restore and create a restore point. Than if you want, try to follow the instructions to install and configure the Sopcast player plug in. Good Luck!

Jack
Douchebag
doesn't work anymore help.gif
The CEO
There's a shitload of people in that chat room right now.....most of them have "pac" in their names though...lol
The CEO
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jun 29 2008, 04:34 PM) [snapback]394135[/snapback]
I didn't get in the Chat last night, but wanted to ask, what was it like in there?

I was in there during the main event from the 2nd round on....it was full of people who weren't posters here...there was only one guy who used English other than me....he was cool...his name was MarquezWonBothFights...we had good convo and some fun........

but the Pinoys in there (80% of the room) actually had the audacity to tell us to stop typing in English...which upset me because FH is an American, English using site....they were IMin' me goin' "oo noo na ba??" or some shit like that....I would type "shamma lamma Pac ding dong?" and close the window....lol
hardhead
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jun 29 2008, 10:28 PM) [snapback]394146[/snapback]
I was in there during the main event from the 2nd round on....it was full of people who weren't posters here...there was only one guy who used English other than me....he was cool...his name was MarquezWonBothFights...we had good convo and some fun........

but the Pinoys in there (80% of the room) actually had the audacity to tell us to stop typing in English...which upset me because FH is an American, English using site....they were IMin' me goin' "oo noo na ba??" or some shit like that....I would type "shamma lamma Pac ding dong?" and close the window....lol

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Get em CEO... thumbsup_anim.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jun 29 2008, 06:28 PM) [snapback]394146[/snapback]

LOL, that is funny!
The CEO
I FUCKS with 'em......you know how I do.

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.