Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Official Marquez vs Casamayor!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
Juan Manuel Marquez is set to face Joel Casamayor on September 13 for the Ring lightweight championship.

Cant waite for this one I see Marquez taking a UD in a highly competitve fight but wouldn't be suprised If Casa takes it aswell.

What do you guys think?
Fitz
I will take Marquez.
Douchebag
Though I'm partial to Casamayor because he is Cuban and they are like our cousins, I say this with confidence Marquez is going to beat him decisively. Casa is slick and experienced but so is Marquez, the difference is that i think Marquez has more in the tank.
kidbazooka1
I would also give Marquez the advantage in power aswell but not by much though.
take-it-greezy
marquez all the way...this man is the rightful owner of the belts manny is toting around from the 130 lbs division, and the rightful owner of the pound for pound best boxer in the world right now...not only did he beat manny the last time they boxed, he also won the time before despite manny knocking him down three times in the first round, for it was all marquez after the third round...i cant believe he got jewed over like that...i just hope he chases ,manny down through all the weight division until he gets his rightful rematch and finally gets his deserved victory over him...i think manny should fight nate campbell and the winner of campbel/pacquiao should fitht the winner of marquez casamayor...i would not be suprised if manny could not get past campbell, though...ricky hatton will be waiting t 140 to gobble manny up if for some reason he manages to clean up the 135er's...
slap
Why in the hell is this fight on ppv
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(slap @ Jun 29 2008, 06:02 PM) [snapback]394143[/snapback]
Why in the hell is this fight on ppv

Because it's a highly competitve fight betweem a p4p top 5 fighter and the #1 lightweight in the world.

This is much more desrving of a PPV than that Pacqiuao/Diaz mismatch.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(take-it-greezy @ Jun 29 2008, 05:15 PM) [snapback]394140[/snapback]
marquez all the way...this man is the rightful owner of the belts manny is toting around from the 130 lbs division, and the rightful owner of the pound for pound best boxer in the world right now...not only did he beat manny the last time they boxed, he also won the time before despite manny knocking him down three times in the first round, for it was all marquez after the third round...i cant believe he got jewed over like that...i just hope he chases ,manny down through all the weight division until he gets his rightful rematch and finally gets his deserved victory over him...i think manny should fight nate campbell and the winner of campbel/pacquiao should fitht the winner of marquez casamayor...i would not be suprised if manny could not get past campbell, though...ricky hatton will be waiting t 140 to gobble manny up if for some reason he manages to clean up the 135er's...

I agree 100%.

I highly doubt Pacqiuao and Roach want any part of Marquez they will avoid him at all cost from now on.
torvix2000
Hahaha!

Juan Manuel Marquez is Pac's dog. A dog always follow his owner no matter where he goes.

Those people who don't give credits to fighters who knock their opponents down should watch boxing in another dimension.
D-MARV
Tough fight to call!
I slightly favor Casmayor but I need to watch more video then I'll make my final prediction!
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jun 29 2008, 09:22 PM) [snapback]394160[/snapback]
Tough fight to call!
I slightly favor Casmayor but I need to watch more video then I'll make my final prediction!

This is no easy fight for either fighter I also think Casa might be the favorite going into the fight but unlike Pacqiuao Marquez is actually stepping up to fight the #1 fighter in the division.
BigG
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Jun 30 2008, 12:02 AM) [snapback]394155[/snapback]
Hahaha!

Juan Manuel Marquez is Pac's dog. A dog always follow his owner no matter where he goes.

Those people who don't give credits to fighters who knock their opponents down should watch boxing in another dimension.

Torvix, if I remember correctly, you said you had Marquez winning the 2nd Pacquiao fight. I give Pacquiao credit for landing a great shot..but you have to give Marquez credit for rocking Pacquiao and outboxing him. Do you blame Marquez for chasing Pacquiao? The guy is getting old, he lost a controversial decision, and he wants a rematch. Pacquiao seems to want no part of Marquez anymore because everytime he steps in there with Marquez, it's a tough fight.

Besides, Marquez-Pacquiao I and II were brilliant fights and I'd LOVE to see them go at it again.

As for Marquez-Casamayor..it will be a tough fight for both guys. Casmaayor will make things look ugly for Marquez. He's slick and skilled but I expect Marquez to win a close but clear decision.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Jun 29 2008, 08:02 PM) [snapback]394155[/snapback]
Hahaha!

So I guess every fighter between 135lb and 170lb is De la Hoya's dog right?
hardhead
The more I think about it the more I think Marquez will win this fight and probably by decision. I don't see Marquez being able to stop Cassamayor though even this older version. I think in his prime Cassamayor would win this and win it big, but lately Cassamayor's age is catching up and he isn't as "slick" as he used to be and Marquez, like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, might have a little bit more left in the tank to catch and counter Cassamayor. Don't get me wrong I think Cassamyor has enough power and sharp countering ability to hurt Marquez and possibly stop him but I don't see Marquez being as open as Katsidis, no surprise there really though.

I will pull for Cassamayor to win this though because I'd rather see Cassamayor/Pacqiuo before Pacqiuo/Marquez at this point...
torvix2000
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jun 30 2008, 05:12 AM) [snapback]394182[/snapback]
Torvix, if I remember correctly, you said you had Marquez winning the 2nd Pacquiao fight. I give Pacquiao credit for landing a great shot..but you have to give Marquez credit for rocking Pacquiao and outboxing him. Do you blame Marquez for chasing Pacquiao? The guy is getting old, he lost a controversial decision, and he wants a rematch. Pacquiao seems to want no part of Marquez anymore because everytime he steps in there with Marquez, it's a tough fight.

Yes! I had Marquez winning the 2nd fight. Marquez is old with regards to fighting Pacquiao because he turned down their immediate rematch. He could have beaten Pacquiao that time.

And no. I don't blame him for chasing Pacquiao.

And I don't agree on an immediate third fight. Unless Marquez can guarantee that he won't get knocked down again and lose another controversial decision.

Marquez should stop being Pac's dog. And he's doing it. He's doing the right thing. Fighting Casa first. Then another excellent opponent should he get past Casa. Then, perhaps, talk about the third fight against Pac.
D-MARV
I see nothing wrong with Marquez chasing Manny Pac. Marquez arguably beat Manny twice. Manny Pac is rated the best fighter in the world so Marquez just wants to prove that he is indeed the best fighter in the world. If I were Juan, I'll be doing the same thing. But like Kidbazooka was saying, I like the fact that Marquez is moving up with Manny Pac and fighting the top dog in the division while Manny fought the safest Champion he could fight!

monzo
marquez by UD
i want to see marquez/pacquiao 3. i know that marquez is better than pac, the first fight was marquez all the way, the second was a close fight.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jun 30 2008, 07:50 AM) [snapback]394201[/snapback]
I see nothing wrong with Marquez chasing Manny Pac. Marquez arguably beat Manny twice. Manny Pac is rated the best fighter in the world so Marquez just wants to prove that he is indeed the best fighter in the world. If I were Juan, I'll be doing the same thing. But like Kidbazooka was saying, I like the fact that Marquez is moving up with Manny Pac and fighting the top dog in the division while Manny fought the safest Champion he could fight!

i dont consider casamayor the top dog anymore. i think its pretty obvious that he lost to santa cruz. juan can fight whoever he wants but i dont think hes ever getting his rematch. every decent fighter at 135 & 140 will have to be cleared out before manny considers this rematch.

i wonder why JMM wont pursue a rematch with chris john? cant imagine that loss sits well with him.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jun 30 2008, 01:06 PM) [snapback]394245[/snapback]
i dont consider casamayor the top dog anymore. i think its pretty obvious that he lost to santa cruz. juan can fight whoever he wants but i dont think hes ever getting his rematch. every decent fighter at 135 & 140 will have to be cleared out before manny considers this rematch.

i wonder why JMM wont pursue a rematch with chris john? cant imagine that loss sits well with him.

Can someone please post that fight somewhere!!!!

I saw like 3 rounds of that fight and it looked like Juan Manuel was getting the best of him!
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jun 30 2008, 01:06 PM) [snapback]394245[/snapback]

The Ring has Casa as the best 135lb in the world. Despite his poor perromance agianst Santa Cruz he came back looking sharp agianst katisdis who many felt was gonna take him out. If Marquez beats Casamayor convincingly he'll be the top dog at 135lb. Why do you think Team Pacqiuao chose the safest title holder in the division instead of taking on say Campbell, Casa or even Juan Diaz?

I honestly think Marquez is trying to one up Pacqiauo his team is probably saying will if we can't fight him agian will fight the best in the division be viewed as the best fighter there and see if Roach and Manny will give in. Nothing wrong with that most fighter between 140lb and 168lb have been chasing DLH for almost a decade now because of financial reasons. As for Marquez i think it's little of the both he believes/knows that he can beat Pacqiauo and wants to make it official.
torvix2000
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jun 30 2008, 10:07 PM) [snapback]394272[/snapback]
The Ring has Casa as the best 135lb in the world. Despite his poor perromance agianst Santa Cruz he came back looking sharp agianst katisdis who many felt was gonna take him out. If Marquez beats Casamayor convincingly he'll be the top dog at 135lb. Why do you think Team Pacqiuao chose the safest title holder in the division instead of taking on say Campbell, Casa or even Juan Diaz?

I honestly think Marquez is trying to one up Pacquiao his team is probably saying will if we can't fight him again will fight the best in the division be viewed as the best fighter there and see if Roach and Manny will give in. Nothing wrong with that most fighter between 140lb and 168lb have been chasing DLH for almost a decade now because of financial reasons. As for Marquez i think it's little of the both he believes/knows that he can beat Pacqiauo and wants to make it official.

Pacquiao, Marquez... these two are in a different league. Two excellent fighters will look equal against one another. But what happened when they were pit against some other opponents? Their abilities are showcased.

By the way, Arum chose David Diaz because he has that option. Marquez doesn't have the luxury of fighting somebody else other than one which will allow him to force Pacquiao into a third fight.

Marquez is after the money. Pacquiao is after the money, too.
D-MARV
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Jun 30 2008, 09:30 PM) [snapback]394292[/snapback]
Pacquiao, Marquez... these two are in a different league. Two excellent fighters will look equal against one another. But what happened when they were pit against some other opponents? Their abilities are showcased.

By the way, Arum chose David Diaz because he has that option. Marquez doesn't have the luxury of fighting somebody else other than one which will allow him to force Pacquiao into a third fight.

Marquez is after the money. Pacquiao is after the money, too.

Personally, I think Marquez is out for Redemption! the money is just an added bonus.
The Original MrFactor
Casamayor is the only guy out there that is more defensive than Hopkins. I expect Marquez to win by decision in a stinker because of Casamayor...
torvix2000
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 1 2008, 01:43 AM) [snapback]394293[/snapback]
Personally, I think Marquez is out for Redemption! the money is just an added bonus.

Then, get a rematch with Chris John first.
BigG
But Pacquiao is the bigger fight and the bigger name. And it seems like Chris John wont ever leave his country. Marquez IMO was robbed against John.

I've never seen Marquez decisively beaten.
D-MARV
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Jul 1 2008, 08:15 AM) [snapback]394345[/snapback]
Then, get a rematch with Chris John first.

F*CK Chris John! His A$$ won't leave the "East"! Juan Manuel Marquez went for the rematch but Chris didn't want to leave Indonesia or wherever the hell he fights!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.