Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao vs, Diaz: Round by Round/Postfight PPV 8PM CST
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all of the Round by Round action and post fight responses to tonight's Pacquiao/Diaz fight. Follow along with the round by round thread here as well:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyroun...bb33e249cf81982

Please keep everything about the fight in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
MarzB
I never thought much of him but so much for Tye Fields. Monte Barret obliterated this dude at the start of the first round. Fields threw a left and Monte came over the top with it with a crisp right and and landed a couple more. Thats it for another DOPE,lol..
Fitz
I watched Diaz-Morales last night for the first time since watching it live. I had a big turn for that fight. I was one that used to call it a robbery for Morales, second time around I actually had it slightly for Diaz but some close rounds which could have gone either way. I was a little harsh on Diaz. I still think Pacquiao will win though, but Diaz will make Pacquiao work hard for it.
Warlord
Strange. Had a dream Pac got stopped last night. Don't remember what round, but it seemed to be a controverstial stoppage, with Pac looking like he could've continued. Never had a boxing dream before in my life, and I don't give a shit about Diaz or Pacquiao. Probably doesn't mean anything, but I reckon I'll be picking Diaz by stoppage, just to be safe. laugh.gif Not sure what round, don't remember too clearly. Either the 7th or the 11th. We'll see.
iron_mike
That was a bullshit call on Soto for punching while Francisco was on the floor.
MarzB
Diaz better pull something now because he's getting so shut out now it's unreal. It's round 8 and theres no way diaz has won one round yet.

135 doesn't seem to be an issue for Manny, he has a tremendous speed advantage in his favor against anyone I see.

Mean Mister Mustard
Yeah, the only one I can see matching his speed is Guzman, that would be quite a fight.
Mean Mister Mustard
All right, let' see Pacquiao v.s the winner of Marquez-Cassamayor or the winner of Campbell-Guzman.
MarzB
As Bugs would say, "thats all folks".

Nice crisp left hand landed flush. That was an incredible short shot.

So whats the future. MMM I like a Guzman fight along with a Campbell fight. The latter I'd LOVE to see..
Mean Mister Mustard
Let's get ready for the:

"Pacquiao-Cotto, who wins?"
Mean Mister Mustard
Let's get ready for the:

Eugene

Congrats Manny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just the way I thought the fight would go. Even got the round right. Say what you want about Freddie Roach, but he knows how to get Manny ready to fight. All the Philippines is dancing.
The CEO
lol...there's a guy in the chat room with the name..."MarquezWonBothFights"....what a great name for a room full of Pinoys...
MarzB
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 28 2008, 10:53 PM) [snapback]394041[/snapback]
Let's get ready for the:

LOL. Diaz seems to agree with us regarding Pac's speed. Diaz has fought some good guys so I'll say for him to say that that it means a lot.

What I was amazed by was while there was a size difference (shoulder wise), Pac wasn't bothered by Diaz's strength to say the least.

I'll give Pac P4P over Cal based on level of competition he's fought vs. Cal but I still think Pac can be exposed by a smart boxer which is why I'd love to see him with a guy like Campbell.

But respect due, he definitely made a statement tonight.
Fitz
That was a brutal beat down. Diaz copped it good. Totally outclassed.

I for one aren't interested in a Hatton-Pacquiao fight just yet, I think there are great fights out there for Pacquiao at 135. Any fights with Guzman, Casamayor, Katsidis or Diaz would all be interesting. Hatton should be the next step if he clears out 135 or proves he is the best.
JD
I am in the chatroom now...I feel unwelcome.
JD
I left.
Warlord
Wow... I feel so violated by my subconscious now. It seemed like a good idea to make a prediction based on a hazy, heat induced comatose dream. Who knew it would all turn out so wrong?
JD
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jun 29 2008, 12:23 AM) [snapback]394050[/snapback]
Wow... I feel so violated by my subconscious now. It seemed like a good idea to make a prediction based on a hazy, heat induced comatose dream. Who knew it would all turn out so wrong?

I have central air and did not dream about the fight last night.
BigG
Pac is P4P # 1...either him or Marquez. Forget about Calzgahe

He was really impressive..he did what he was supposed to do against a B- champion in Diaz.

I still think he should rematch Marquez because he lost the fight 7-4-1 on my card.
cruzifix
clapping.gif fuck.gif
kidbazooka1
The fight went just as expected.

I hope Pac fights one of the real champs at 135lb next or ofcourse the rematch with Marquez.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I thought the fight was fairly entertaining. Diaz kept coming, and showed a ton of heart in there. He pushed Pac and landed some shots in there. Its just a shame for every one he landed Pacquiao would land about 5. He boxed very well, and just has incredible speed. It was a beatdown for sure. I loved Diaz's postfight interview though, that was good shit.
BigG
Pacquiao has a tremendous speed advantage over anyone at 135 except for Guzman...Guzman is just as quick.
D-MARV
I have been calling for this fight for 2 years...
After Guzman beats Campbell let's do Guzman-PacMan!!!!!

WAR GUZMAN
D-MARV
Oh BY the way,
Props go out to Monte Barrett for saving the heavyweight division a lot of time and money!
MarzB
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jun 29 2008, 09:39 AM) [snapback]394110[/snapback]
Oh BY the way,
Props go out to Monte Barrett for saving the heavyweight division a lot of time and money!

Great post,lol.

I loved Diaz's postfight interview though, that was good shit.

You know? You gotta love his "fucking" honesty. "Shit",lol

BigG
Yeah, Diaz was honest and cool....lol at all the cussing.
hardhead
WOW!! Absolute destruction. That's what this game is all about there. David Diaz is one tough as dude for taking as many shots as he did damn.

I'm excited at all the possibilities at 135 for Pacquio, if he can somehow beat the best at 135 holy shit what a run that will be.

It also looked like Pacquio felt more comfortable at 135 than he was at 130 in his last few fights. Maybe he was struggling quite a bit to make that weight and it was effecting his performances a bit.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I mean it is on HBO, and Ive heard worse on that channel. He was just being who he is, and he was honest. He didn't make any excuses, and gave his props. David Diaz should fight Julio Diaz. That would be a pretty good scrap.
hardhead
I watched the fight through a sopcast and while I was glad I didn't pay 49.95 watching it online it's NOTHING like watching it on your HD TV. Shit is too choppy and you can't see the action in detail. I watched a British broadcast and one of the commentators had me cracking up big time, I want to say his name was Steve Bunch. He went off on Tye Fields, saying he never wants to hear anything about him again and that Barrett just saves us boxing fans..hahaha
mexi-cutioner
After a while i had trouble watching the fight as Pacquiao was just demolishing Diaz i was hoping it would end sooner than the 9th, but w.e I got my moneys worth and Diaz is definitely a class act.

Next, I agree with the poster who said Pacquiao shouldn't fight Hatton just yet, I think he should look at a third fight with Marquez, or possibly Guzman or Nate Campbell. A fight with Nate Campbell intrigues me because i dont think it will be as one sided for Nate Campbell as some people on this board believe it will be and Pacquiao has the ability to unify the belts at lightweight which would be huge....especially filipinos like myself heheh thumbsup_anim.gif
caneman
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Jun 29 2008, 02:59 PM) [snapback]394133[/snapback]
After a while i had trouble watching the fight as Pacquiao was just demolishing Diaz i was hoping it would end sooner than the 9th, but w.e I got my moneys worth and Diaz is definitely a class act.

Next, I agree with the poster who said Pacquiao shouldn't fight Hatton just yet, I think he should look at a third fight with Marquez, or possibly Guzman or Nate Campbell. A fight with Nate Campbell intrigues me because i dont think it will be as one sided for Nate Campbell as some people on this board believe it will be and Pacquiao has the ability to unify the belts at lightweight which would be huge....especially filipinos like myself heheh thumbsup_anim.gif

Nate is saying he'll smoke Pacman easily than J.Dias (on another board)& I think he better watch out for Guzman. IF he gets past Guzman, I believe he will get his chance vs Pacman! I can only say that sometimes you have to watch what you wish for! BTW I personally want Pacman to clean out 135 (@ least 3 fights to adapt to the weight)before going after Hatton.
caneman
edit: sorry, double post rolleyes.gif
Tha Docta
QUOTE(caneman @ Jun 30 2008, 12:17 PM) [snapback]394235[/snapback]
Nate is saying he'll smoke Pacman easily than J.Dias (on another board)& I think he better watch out for Guzman. IF he gets past Guzman, I believe he will get his chance vs Pacman! I can only say that sometimes you have to watch what you wish for! BTW I personally want Pacman to clean out 135 (@ least 3 fights to adapt to the weight)before going after Hatton.

would love to see pac vs campbell. hopefully marquez gets rid of casamayor because im sick of seeing him.

caneman, is that a bee sting on your arm or are you flexing?
caneman
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jun 30 2008, 03:43 PM) [snapback]394262[/snapback]
would love to see pac vs campbell. hopefully marquez gets rid of casamayor because im sick of seeing him.
caneman, is that a bee sting on your arm or are you flexing?

laugh.gif bee sting of course! you think your bee sting will look like that @ 46 years old? of course I am small @ 5'9" 165 anyhow! It ain't that bad for 165 is it?
KookedKrack
Guzman whoops old man cambell and manny as well
MarzB
QUOTE(hardhead @ Jun 29 2008, 12:34 PM) [snapback]394131[/snapback]
I watched the fight through a sopcast and while I was glad I didn't pay 49.95 watching it online it's NOTHING like watching it on your HD TV. Shit is too choppy and you can't see the action in detail. I watched a British broadcast and one of the commentators had me cracking up big time, I want to say his name was Steve Bunch. He went off on Tye Fields, saying he never wants to hear anything about him again and that Barrett just saves us boxing fans..hahaha

That dude Steve is "comedy" himself. You should check out some of his Youtube videos, he has some nice on point commentary. He's also the guy who 'Nard was bitchin to when they had him in the cold warehouse,lol..
Tha Docta
QUOTE(caneman @ Jun 30 2008, 04:17 PM) [snapback]394263[/snapback]
laugh.gif bee sting of course! you think your bee sting will look like that @ 46 years old? of course I am small @ 5'9" 165 anyhow! It ain't that bad for 165 is it?

just playin around. but looks like you have a golf ball tucked under your skin.
badboy
ty
D-MARV
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Jun 30 2008, 05:46 PM) [snapback]394268[/snapback]
Guzman whoops old man cambell and manny as well

That's what Im thinking!

I think Guzman will have no major issues with Campbell but that Manny fight would be tough!

But Guzman can pull it off.
The Original MrFactor
Just watched this fight on the rebroadcast. Great blowout win for Pac man. Let me ask this... Was that a giant egg with clothes on or was that Fernando Vargas in Diaz corner?? Holy shit!! He got huge... I imagine everytime he shits, its a yolk...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.