Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Tua Vs Chris Arreola
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
Here;s the source!

I think The TuaMan will be stopped for the first time in his career!
moscow bear
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jun 30 2008, 11:59 AM) [snapback]394203[/snapback]
Here;s the source!

I think The TuaMan will be stopped for the first time in his career!

why??????
D-MARV
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Jun 30 2008, 08:07 AM) [snapback]394206[/snapback]
why??????

Why do I think TuaMan will be stopped?
or
Why is this fight being fought?
moscow bear
why will he get stopped by Arreola (unless you meant him getting stopped by Peter)?
JD
A young Tua waxes both these dudes...but he isn't young, he isn't active, and he probably isn't in shape.
moscow bear
no matter, the last thing the boxer loses is his power and chin, and with Tua's left hand I hardly see anyone trying to knock him out.
JD
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Jun 30 2008, 08:33 AM) [snapback]394212[/snapback]
no matter, the last thing the boxer loses is his power and chin, and with Tua's left hand I hardly see anyone trying to knock him out.

I do not see Arreola or Peter stopping him.

By the middle of the fight, they will both be as gassed as he is...especially Peter.
BigG
The last time I saw Tua he actually looked decent and own by 1st round KO.

I don't know how Tua's looking these days but I thought he looked fairly decent against Santana and was actually 235 in that fight...I might pick Tua in this.
kidbazooka1
Arreola IMO actually brings some excitment to the HW divison he likes to bang and can pop with either fist. I see him possibly taking out Tua late in the fight but you never know Tua has the expierence and if he decides to come in in shape he has a real chance at beating Arreola.
buford54
If Arreola knows how to throw a jab/right and circle, he can beat Tua.
He needs to land one good right on Tua, early to get his respect, and then Tua will follow him around all night like a faithful puppy dog, getting popped by jabs the whole time.
Douchebag
QUOTE(buford54 @ Jun 30 2008, 11:17 AM) [snapback]394230[/snapback]
If Arreola knows how to throw a jab/right and circle, he can beat Tua.
He needs to land one good right on Tua, early to get his respect, and then Tua will follow him around all night like a faithful puppy dog, getting popped by jabs the whole time.

Have you seen Arreola fight? The man has 0 techique. The fight is going be an ugly affair.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jun 30 2008, 11:25 AM) [snapback]394231[/snapback]
Have you seen Arreola fight? The man has 0 techique. The fight is going be an ugly affair.

I wouldn't say he has zero technique I think considering todays HW's he's not too bad.

Atleast the guy comes to fight and has pretty damn good power which is more than I can say for most of the other HW's.
BGv2.0
I personally do not share the same excitment as many do concerning Arreola. I have not been very impressed with him while seeing him fight a handful of times. I think his power is overrated even moreso than Peter's, and he looks like hell as far as technique. He does show up ready to come forward and go for the KO...but that's about all the credit I give him.

Half ass talented boxers will eat him alive.

As for Tua....what can you say....well past his prime and inactive to a profane degree....he's a total ?. I have no doubts he can take Arreola's punches....but will he be able to set and trade like he did with Ike all those many years ago? Who knows?

It is an interesting fight....but I'd much rather see the next one....winner Vs. Peter.

Peter/Tua is a very interesting fight IMHO.....BUT....only if Tua is anywhere remotely as he once was.

Personally I think Arreola gets beaten by Peter. Chazz showed that you can make Arreola eat a jab all night if you choose to.....Peter in recent years has learned to utilize a jab....I think if he could not KO the guy with trading...he could regroup as he did with the McCline fight and win with the jab and dare I say....some boxing. I don't think Arreola has the ability to do that should he have to.
Jack 1000
Too late for Tua,

Who has never been the same since the classic Ibeabutchi war other than occasionally showing up every couple of years blowing out a couple of stuffs. Since doing NOTHING in the fight with Lennox Lewis, this version of Tua often seems to show up either disinterested, out of shape, not caring, or a combination of the above. Maybe if David gives a shit, and doesn't show up looking like shit, this could be a good fight. But I think that the original version of David Tua, remember that top contender guy from 10 years ago? That guy's gone, and he's not coming back.

Early pick: Arreloa TKO 7, but on a long shot of it being a war, this fight is most likely to tell us more of how much of Tua is gone, rather than what Arreloa has. It gives "Nipples" a name on his resume, that's it.

Jack
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jun 30 2008, 02:35 PM) [snapback]394252[/snapback]
Too late for Tua,

Who has never been the same since the classic Ibeabutchi war other than occasionally showing up every couple of years blowing out a couple of stuffs. Since doing NOTHING in the fight with Lennox Lewis, this version of Tua often seems to show up either disinterested, out of shape, not caring, or a combination of the above. Maybe if David gives a shit, and doesn't show up looking like shit, this could be a good fight. But I think that the original version of David Tua, remember that top contender guy from 10 years ago? That guy's gone, and he's not coming back.

Early pick: Arreloa TKO 7, but on a long shot of it being a war, this fight is most likely to tell us more of how much of Tua is gone, rather than what Arreloa has. It gives "Nipples" a name on his resume, that's it.

Jack

i agree with this. this is more of a gauge to see how much tua has left, which i believe is nothing. i dont think the guy really wants to fight anymore. he has some money problems so hes still fighting. he reminds me of tyson at this age, just trying to make some money without getting seriously hurt. arreola has to beat tua decisively to gain anything from this fight.
rusty_trombone
why must we be subjected to this?
D-MARV
Arreola may not look like a fighter but I think he's the real deal!!!! Not Great, but good enough to work his way to the top! Tua is old! simple as that. I'll take Chris by TKO in the 8th round! Doctor/Corner stoppage!!!
Mean Mister Mustard
Jack described Tua's attitude in the ring perfeclty. The man just doesn't throw punches. It may be because he fears gassing out or maybe he has the true puncher's mentality that if he doesn't see the perfect opening he can't punch. Either way Tua is not to be re-hyped until he proves he can still fight.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jun 30 2008, 12:10 PM) [snapback]394233[/snapback]
I personally do not share the same excitment as many do concerning Arreola. I have not been very impressed with him while seeing him fight a handful of times. I think his power is overrated even moreso than Peter's, and he looks like hell as far as technique. He does show up ready to come forward and go for the KO...but that's about all the credit I give him.

Half ass talented boxers will eat him alive.

Chazz was considered to be a pretty good half ass talented boxer yet he got flattened.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jun 30 2008, 05:15 PM) [snapback]394273[/snapback]
Chazz was considered to be a pretty good half ass talented boxer yet he got flattened.

NO....he got a BULLSHIT stoppage!

For half the first round and all of the second he showed he could out box Arreola. Don't get me wrong...I do think had he continued to be moronic and trade...he would have been KOd....but IMHO nobody knows what could have happend had that fight continued.

BUT....despite all that...I suppose I should be more specific.....

any half ass HALF INTELLIGENT talented boxer would eat him alive.

I'm sorry....I love the HWs....but if Arreola is the new coming force of the division....I will be even less interested than I have been since LL retired.

The guy is just not all that good. I suppose people are drawn in by his supposed huge power and desire for KOs....but you know....if you put a pretty pink bow on a greasy turd....it's STILL a turd!
flazi
Tua has one of the best chins in the history of boxing, no way arreola ko's him. I like Arreola but if he wins it would be my decision not ko.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jun 30 2008, 07:21 PM) [snapback]394283[/snapback]
NO....he got a BULLSHIT stoppage!
For half the first round and all of the second he showed he could out box Arreola. Don't get me wrong...I do think had he continued to be moronic and trade...he would have been KOd....but IMHO nobody knows what could have happend had that fight continued.
BUT....despite all that...I suppose I should be more specific.....

any half ass HALF INTELLIGENT talented boxer would eat him alive.
I'm sorry....I love the HWs....but if Arreola is the new coming force of the division....I will be even less interested than I have been since LL retired.

The guy is just not all that good. I suppose people are drawn in by his supposed huge power and desire for KOs....but you know....if you put a pretty pink bow on a greasy turd....it's STILL a turd!

i dont think there was any bullshit about that stoppage. chazz was on queer street. he probably could have recovered some in between rounds, but he most certainly would have gotten KO'd in the next round. he had no legs left. chazz needs to get someone to teach him some defense. whenver arreola threw combos chazz was eating those punches up with his face.
D-MARV

i dont think there was any bullshit about that stoppage. chazz was on queer street. he probably could have recovered some in between rounds, but he most certainly would have gotten KO'd in the next round. he had no legs left. chazz needs to get someone to teach him some defense. whenver arreola threw combos chazz was eating those punches up with his face.
Agreed!
That stoppage was weird but trust me, Chazz was on his way out in the next round.

Tua has one of the best chins in the history of boxing, no way arreola ko's him. I like Arreola but if he wins it would be my decision not ko.

This is the heavyweight division! anyone can get KO'd. Ask Lennox Lewis!

But Im not saying Chris is gonna knock him out! I just think it will be one of this "Mercy" stoppages

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Being from NZ myself I've followed Tua's career with reasonable interest.

But I'm not a blind follower, I know he has (many) weaknesses. However I think Arreola is tailor made for him. In fact I'd be more worried if he was facing Chazz Witherspoon! Tua hates anyone with an once of boxing technique.

I go with Tua for the 2 same cliched reasons that the last things to go in a boxer is his chin and his punch which is pretty much what David built his entire career on, certainly his post Ibeabuchi career.

He still remains for me the best finsher in the heavyweight divison even more ruthless than Tyson when he smells blood. John Ruiz anyone?

He also (unlike Tyson) carries his power late. I don't know the number of times I've seen him being thoroughly outboxed only to see him take half an opening and finish it.

I think for Arreola to win he has to fight 12 rounds without making a single mistake because if he does it's all over. So the question is, can Arroela box 12 flawless rounds?

I don't think so. I think he's probably winning the fight and then somewhere in the middle rounds he makes one mistake and it's over.

Remember while everyone here is commenting on Arreola's power he has yest to get in the ring with anyone appraoching Tua's power. It goes both ways.

I am basing this on the assumption that Tua still has some desire left. If he has zero desire then you're right he loses. I mean Mike Tyson conquerer Kevin McBride? C'mon!!

All in all should be a reasonable tear up.

BTW I like either guy against Sam Peter, whose 'win' against Toney in fight number one still irritates the hell out of me!

The Original MrFactor
I think Tua is old and shopworn. I think he's been protected in the last few years. What was really telling was his fight with rahman, where he got dropped at the bell. I dont think his level of recent competition will allow him to deal witha guy like himself. This is basically old 34 or 35 year old Tua against a 27 or 28 year old Tua thats bigger. I'm picking the younger guy here to win by KO.

Down the line, I expect Arreola to get schooled by the first good boxer he faces. Arreola is just a toughman attempting to be called a boxer. Nice kid, but he's not gonna be able to bully his way against a finely schooled boxer. Fortunately for him, there's only 1 or 2 in the division. One of them is Wlad Klitschko.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jun 30 2008, 07:18 PM) [snapback]394286[/snapback]

"but trust me, Chazz was on his way out in the next round"

It was total bullshit. Does not matter how hurt he was....what mattered is the ref stopped that fight NOT due to the state of the fighter...but rather due to what he considered corner interference....which was an incorrect call, as the bell had already sounded, the ref had completed his count and the fighter was on his feet.

It's not Witherspoon's corners fault that the ref cannot hear a bell.

Now....I will say...seeing as how Chazz seems to have ZERO brains at all....there is most likely a 95-99% chance he would have been KOd in the next round or in a future round.

BUT.....knowing this sport....how can either of you HONESTLY say

"he most certainly would have gotten KO'd in the next round"&"Chazz was on his way out in the next round"

You guys act as if no guy has ever beaten the odds and mounted an unpredicted and unexpected victory from a bad situation....I seem to remember Sam Peter doing it only a few months ago.

How quickly many forget!

I might not be so knitpicky on this possibility had I not seen instances of Chazz being able to eat the guy up from the outside.

It's very conceiveable..yet unlikrly...that Chazz could have gotten the break, held for a round and then boxed his way the rest of the fight getting a SD or a draw....

due to the terrible call....we will never know.

BUT....put Arreola in with a guy like Larry Donald, or even Fres...guys that can box from the outside and USUALLY stay on the outside...and I think they would UD the guy.

You know as well as I do....the ONLY reason Arreola got the ugly win was due to Chazz's VERY DUMB decesion to trade.

Any guy with a jab and some smarts....should be able to box circles around this guy.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jul 1 2008, 01:15 AM) [snapback]394317[/snapback]
It was total bullshit. Does not matter how hurt he was....what mattered is the ref stopped that fight NOT due to the state of the fighter...but rather due to what he considered corner interference....which was an incorrect call, as the bell had already sounded, the ref had completed his count and the fighter was on his feet.

Now....I will say...seeing as how Chazz seems to have ZERO brains at all....there is most likely a 95-99% chance he would have been KOd in the next round or in a future round.

"he most certainly would have gotten KO'd in the next round"&"Chazz was on his way out in the next round"

You guys act as if no guy has ever beaten the odds and mounted an unpredicted and unexpected victory from a bad situation....I seem to remember Sam Peter doing it only a few months ago.

How quickly many forget!
I might not be so knitpicky on this possibility had I not seen instances of Chazz being able to eat the guy up from the outside.

It's very conceiveable..yet unlikrly...that Chazz could have gotten the break, held for a round and then boxed his way the rest of the fight getting a SD or a draw....

BUT....put Arreola in with a guy like Larry Donald, or even Fres...guys that can box from the outside and USUALLY stay on the outside...and I think they would UD the guy.

You know as well as I do....the ONLY reason Arreola got the ugly win was due to Chazz's VERY DUMB decesion to trade.

Any guy with a jab and some smarts....should be able to box circles around this guy.

Any other ref would have called that fight off Chazz was all wobbly when he got up and IMO in no shape to contiue. True the DQ was a bullsh*t call it should have been a f*cking TKO win for Arreola.
D-MARV
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jul 1 2008, 01:15 AM) [snapback]394317[/snapback]

How quickly many forget!

THat fight should have been stopped! Simple as that! Chazz was hurt and Hurt Bad. The ref had to be one of the dumbest refs I have ever seen ref a fight. He should have stopped it immediately after he saw Chazz struggle to his feet.
ROLL DEEP
I think Peter Vs Tua will end in round 4.....both fighters lay slumped on the ropes, side by side, occasionally swinging a glove into the others chest, trying not to have a heart attack from being too fucked to carry on.

Peter will then all of a sudden sing 'Thaaaaaaank you Jesus.....Thhhaaaaaaaank yooou Jeeesus' and spring into life. He'll jump from the ropes, punch Tua in the face and break his hand.

Tua will collapse through fatigue and Peter will quit with a broken hand.

Best heavyweight fight in the last few years.
Blayde
Bad fight for Arreola ...

Arreola HAS to come forward and be active, thats his style. Tua will knock him out for sure, if he changes it up. But the problem is, I still see him getting knocked out if he goes toe to toe with Tua.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jul 1 2008, 12:18 AM) [snapback]394319[/snapback]
Any other ref would have called that fight off Chazz was all wobbly when he got up and IMO in no shape to contiue. True the DQ was a bullsh*t call it should have been a f*cking TKO win for Arreola.

That is part of the reason I say it was a BS ending....part 1 being it ruined any potential comeback..no matter how small by Witherspoon. and part 2 it ruined Arreola's KO streak!

Look....after Corrales/Castillo I.....I will never underestamate the POSSIBILITY of a guy coming back.....for sure when he would have had a full minute to recover between rounds.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jul 1 2008, 12:10 PM) [snapback]394375[/snapback]
That is part of the reason I say it was a BS ending....part 1 being it ruined any potential comeback..no matter how small by Witherspoon. and part 2 it ruined Arreola's KO streak!

Look....after Corrales/Castillo I.....I will never underestamate the POSSIBILITY of a guy coming back.....for sure when he would have had a full minute to recover between rounds.

what your missing is that chazz could not hurt arreola. he wasnt able to hurt arreola all fight, and his punches had nothing on them in that last round. i think chazz could have gotten seriously hurt. allowing him to continue would have given arreola a highlight reel KO, and thats about it.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jul 1 2008, 11:50 AM) [snapback]394387[/snapback]
what your missing is that chazz could not hurt arreola. he wasnt able to hurt arreola all fight, and his punches had nothing on them in that last round. i think chazz could have gotten seriously hurt. allowing him to continue would have given arreola a highlight reel KO, and thats about it.

Well...far be it from me to argue with a DR.! lol

I think we can just agree to disagree. I never said Chazz would win by way of hurting Arreola, I said outboxing, which he showed he could do. I just cannot grasp the idea of saying a senerio was without a doubt going to happen. Not in this sport.

I can understand the concept of probability...but not certainty as you and others seem to. I agree with the probability concept...but that's what makes the awful ending all the more unsatisfying IMHO.
FenderDG3
This is a little off topic, but not 100% off topic, but what ever happened with Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko? I thought Vitali was Peter's mandatory assuming Vitali could make it through a training camp without getting injured?? I could have sworn I read that in "The Ring". I'm not making that up am I??
D-MARV
It was Chazz's own stupid fault that he lost that fight! His ass should haved boxed and he wanted to trade!!!!

Many are saying that Arreola is made for Tua but I think Tua is made for Arreola! They have similar styles but Arreola is the younger fresher fighter and that will be the difference!
kefe4u
This fight will just be another KO win for Tua. Look people, the only way Arreola will win is by outboxing and outpointing David for a decision. He needs to forget about going for a KO or TKO or anything like that. The ONLY way Arreola will win is by going the distance, all 12 rounds and even then he has to be careful not to make a mistake( does Fres Oquendo ring a bell?) Too bad Arreola will not read this and follow my advice because his style is similar to Tua in that he doesnt jab, jab, run, jab, jab, run.. he likes to stand and bang just like Tua, and as far as chin and power goes, Tuas got him beat in both category. So you see my friends, unless Arreola does the jab and run technique and not run out of gas and make a late error, he wont win. Also, Tua is undefeated against Hispanics and he'll probably try to keep that streak going. As for Peter, that will be a great fight and whoever hits harder and can take the most damage, will win. (Another KO for Tua)
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 1 2008, 08:53 PM) [snapback]394460[/snapback]
It was Chazz's own stupid fault that he lost that fight! His ass should haved boxed and he wanted to trade!!!!

Many are saying that Arreola is made for Tua but I think Tua is made for Arreola! They have similar styles but Arreola is the younger fresher fighter and that will be the difference!

Well said.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 1 2008, 07:53 PM) [snapback]394460[/snapback]

TOTALLY agree he fought DUMB! BUT...the incorrect ending of the fight was NOT his fault.
D-MARV
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jul 2 2008, 03:00 AM) [snapback]394505[/snapback]
TOTALLY agree he fought DUMB! BUT...the incorrect ending of the fight was NOT his fault.

I agree!
That Ref did have a thumb up his ass and it was a crazy stoppage. But im not too mad about it because the fight should have been stopped anyways. Chazz would have been seriously hurt if he was allowed to go out in the 4th round!
Tha Docta
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 2 2008, 08:42 AM) [snapback]394515[/snapback]
I agree!
That Ref did have a thumb up his ass and it was a crazy stoppage. But im not too mad about it because the fight should have been stopped anyways. Chazz would have been seriously hurt if he was allowed to go out in the 4th round!

its funny how this fight was stopped, but roger mayweather is allowed to enter the ring and choke zab judah and the fight is allowed to continue. i guess it depends on how much money is on the line because if this same shit happened during the delahoya vs mayweather fight it never would have even been acknowledged by the referee.
pomona54
[font="Arial Black"][/font][size="3"][/size]
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jul 1 2008, 12:15 AM) [snapback]394316[/snapback]
I think Tua is old and shopworn. I think he's been protected in the last few years. What was really telling was his fight with rahman, where he got dropped at the bell. I dont think his level of recent competition will allow him to deal witha guy like himself. This is basically old 34 or 35 year old Tua against a 27 or 28 year old Tua thats bigger. I'm picking the younger guy here to win by KO.

Down the line, I expect Arreola to get schooled by the first good boxer he faces. Arreola is just a toughman attempting to be called a boxer. Nice kid, but he's not gonna be able to bully his way against a finely schooled boxer. Fortunately for him, there's only 1 or 2 in the division. One of them is Wlad Klitschko.
[color="#000000"][/col
COME ON NOW....DIDNT TUA KO RAHMAN. I WATCH THAT FIGHT AND I DONT REMEMBER TUA EVER GETTING DROPPED.
pomona54
[font="Arial Black"][/font][size="3"][/size]
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jul 1 2008, 12:15 AM) [snapback]394316[/snapback]

[color="#000000"][/col
COME ON NOW....DIDNT TUA KO RAHMAN. I WATCH THAT FIGHT AND I DONT REMEMBER TUA EVER GETTING DROPPED.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 2 2008, 07:42 AM) [snapback]394515[/snapback]
Chazz would have been seriously hurt if he was allowed to go out in the 4th round!

You do not know that with 100% certainty! You yourself even admitted in another thread anything can happen in boxing. Did anyone expect Diago Corrales to get up off the canvas and end the fight with Castillo the first time?
D-MARV
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jul 2 2008, 12:21 PM) [snapback]394537[/snapback]
You do not know that with 100% certainty! You yourself even admitted in another thread anything can happen in boxing. Did anyone expect Diago Corrales to get up off the canvas and end the fight with Castillo the first time?

You can't compare this fight to Corrales-Castillo! And Yes, Anything can happen!!!! So you're right im not 100% sure but Im 99.9% sure.

But in regards to the Arreola-Chazz fight...
3 reason why Chazz was going NITE NITE sooner than later!

1) Every Flush hit Chris caught him with, Chazz would Wobble!

2) Chazz's best punch had no effect on Chris

3) Chazz had one F*uck'd up gameplan!

Add that to the fact that, IMHO, 1 minute would not have been enough time for Chazz to recover from the vicious punch he was caught with at the end of the 3rd and that formula spells doom!
BGv2.0
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 2 2008, 04:57 PM) [snapback]394587[/snapback]
So you're right
and that formula spells doom!

That's all I needed to hear! Thank you Kyle!lol

It's amazing what editing can do! lol

NO....I totally agree with you....99.9% is about where it was at....but it was not CERTAIN DOOM! And that is why it was a shitty stoppage.

Hopefully Chazz will learn from the loss and in a few years they can meet up again if they are both in contention.
hardhead
I think it was a bad stoppage and he should have let Chazz continue regardless if he was hurt in the previous round, he had the minute to try and recover, sometimes guys can and sometimes they can't. From what I understand technically(although the bell sounded for the round to be over before he counted) they were in the ring when they put the stool down but at that point the ref has the final call and doesn't have to DQ the corner. It was a pretty confusing incident but the ref IMO overreacted in stopping it. It also seemed like Areolla's corner was encouraging the ref and the commissioner to DQ.

I think the ref should've done similar to the ref in the Mayweather/Judah fight when Roger jumped in the ring and the ref could've called the fight a DQ right then and there but didn't and let the fight go on and play out, and rightfully so. Imagine if the ref would've have DQ'ed Mayweather because of Roger, that would've been a terrible outcome. Not saying both of these situations are identical but I think there are some relevant similarities.

As for Arrerolla I'm with BG in that I was not that impressed with the guy, sure he's aggressive comes to fight and could probably make some decent matchups with guys like Peter but he doesn't seem like anything special, but that isn't surprising considering the state of the HW division over the past several years.
buford54
QUOTE(pomona54 @ Jul 2 2008, 12:09 PM) [snapback]394535[/snapback]
[font="Arial Black"][/font][size="3"][/size][color="#000000"][/col

Tua tko'd Rahman in their first fight when he hit Rock well after the bell, and Rock wasn't given proper recovery time.
In their 2nd fight, Rock dropped Tua with a jab right at the bell but, if memory serves, it wasn't ruled a knockdown because of the bell.
rusty_trombone
Chazz couldn't even stand up in his corner to protest the fight. He fell back down on his stool after trying to take a step. The ref should have stop that shit anyway, Chazz was a walking punching bag at that point. Shit, did you see him timber on that knockdown.

Anyway back to Tua v. Arreola. I don't know Tuaman vs. tittyman, my heart is with tittyman, but my brain keeps saying tuaman. Honestly how can you root against a guy who's named after a part of a tittyball?
D-MARV
I'm having a hard time giving Tua any type of chance at Arreola! He'll obviously have a puncher's chance but no way he wins outside of that!

Tua hasn't looked good since the Michael Moorer fight back in 2002!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.