Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pcquiao vs. Hatton?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
The fight is being discussed for Nov. 8 it seems. It would be an awesome fight....

Pacquiao's really improved skill wise since losing to Morales.

Hatton doesn't have great defense at all and Pac is very gifted offensively...so you can probably see Pacquiao lighting Ricky up with sharp flurries and combinations. And Pac probably has enough pop to hurt Ricky. Ricky was rocked against Lazcano. Ricky is certainly better than Diaz though and he could really trouble Pac with his rough drity style. Pac ain't no Mayweaher defenisvely..Ricky could not even touch Mayweather with a clean shot and was absolutely battered that night but in Pac I guess he has an easier target.

I'll go ahead and pick Pacquiao by TKO or decision. Pac has really proven to be a special talent...
Fitz
I'm not as confident about this fight as I was say 6 months ago. Pacquiao looked just as quick and didn't seem to lose much sting on his punches at 135 as much as I thought. 140 is another story though. I would pick Hatton though, he is too big and strong and he can hurt Pacquaio. Don't forget how he stopped Castillo with one body shot, no doubt he can hurt Pacquiao with a shot either.
Also to be honest it isn't the one punch that concerns me about Pacquiao stopping Hatton it's more the way Hatton cuts up and I think the way Pacquiao punches, he punches just the right way to slice somebody face up. It's the fast and kind of snappy punches that tear you up, not the heavy handed shots.
I would pick Hatton to stop Pacquiao, though I wouldn't rule out Hatton getting stopped on cuts, because Pacquiao will land on Hatton I just think that he probably won't hold up.
I must admit, this fight does seem more exciting than it did 6 months ago but I would just prefer Pacquiao to fight some of the top dogs at 135 first before fighting the top dog at 140.
BigG
I think Guzman would give Pacquiao a tougher fight. I'm not trying to downgrade Hatton here...I just think he gets hit too easy and someone as quick and SHARP as Pacquiao would probably slice him up as you said. It's a style thing really. And I DO believe Hatton can be hurt by Pacman..Pacquiao's actually been going into fights at like 146 or 147 pounds recently so I'm not really sure another move up in weight would hurt him.

The 2 guys that will give Pacquiao the most trouble are Marquez and Guzman. We all know Marquez can outbox Pacquiao...And as for Guzman..I'd like to see Pacquiao fight someone who can match his speed. Pacquiao is the man at the moment, no question.
Maxy
At one time I actually laughed at the prospect of this fight happening. I just didn't see it, couldn't picture it and felt it would be a mismatch. I've definitely revised my opinion lately though because Pac looked really impressive against Diaz and Hatton looked pretty poor vs Lazcano. I'd still tip Hatton to win and probably via stoppage because I feel he'll be too naturally strong for the smaller Pac who has obviously had to work through the weight classes to be where he is now. As you both say, Pac can cut Hatton and that in itself can definitely affect the outcome of the fight. Hatton doesn't have many options open to him these days apart from Malignaggi but that fight doesn't excite me at all. He (Hatton) has proven he cannot box at welterweight, he's just not good enough technically and his strength advantages aren't relevant at the higher weight. Pac though would be at a disadvantage moving up to challenge Hatton but money talks so it's all pretty plausible right now.

ROLL DEEP
This fight - like everyone else says - once seemed a bit far fetched, but after recent showings from both fighters, seems a bit more plausible now.

I'd still take Hatton. My comments pretty much mirror Maxy's. I just think Hatton at that weight is where he can use his strength and wear Pac down.
thehype
Sounds great, but I thought they were already talking about a Valero fight for Pacquiao.

I wonder how much step-aside money Paulie would get.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(thehype @ Jul 1 2008, 01:50 PM) [snapback]394397[/snapback]
Sounds great, but I thought they were already talking about a Valero fight for Pacquiao.

I wonder how much step-aside money Paulie would get.

i think hatton is ready to be taken out. i would pick manny in this one unless the ref allows ricky to wrestle.

and paulie would probably step aside for $1000 and a tube of hair gel.
The CEO
Just like I said when he fought Mayweather....Hatton doesn't deserve to be in the same ring as the #1 PFP in Pacquiao....

Him being a big draw in The U.K. doesn't merit a damn thing....Hatton is a shitty boxer....and I'm REALLY using the term "boxer" loosely when it comes to him.....
Maxy
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 1 2008, 01:03 PM) [snapback]394405[/snapback]
Just like I said when he fought Mayweather....Hatton doesn't deserve to be in the same ring as the #1 PFP in Pacquiao....

Him being a big draw in The U.K. doesn't merit a damn thing....Hatton is a shitty boxer....and I'm REALLY using the term "boxer" loosely when it comes to him.....

I know you got mad love for Hatton really. laugh.gif

So you are picking Pac to win or are you saying you just don't think he should get the opportunity to have this fight?
At the end of the day, Hatton is a big draw and Pac would make big money from such a fight.

I've definitely warmed to it.
The CEO
I don't think he deserves that fight, and the big money that comes with it.....he got cleaned and embarrassed by Mayweather.....he GETS BY little, old Lazcano after being rocked a few times.....why should he get to fight "The Man" AGAIN?...

As far as the matchup....it could go either way...there's just so many variables to consider...y'all have named most of them.....but no...I have 0 love for Hatton, and I don't want him to get paid anymore....he's a holding, ineffective, catcher's mitt on two legs....

I want him to retire and get charged with 2 DUIs in the same week.
U.S. Champ
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jul 1 2008, 01:00 PM) [snapback]394403[/snapback]
i think hatton is ready to be taken out. i would pick manny in this one unless the ref allows ricky to wrestle.
and paulie would probably step aside for $1000 and a tube of hair gel.

Damn I hate agreeing with Docta but its the most valid point. This fight depends solely on who's the Ref because if wrestling is allowed it favors Hitman otherwise I'm taking Pac by TKO
Douchebag
Ricky Hatton=Arturo Gatti thats why he will get this fight, but make no mistake the dude is a bum.
U.S. Champ
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jul 1 2008, 04:18 PM) [snapback]394443[/snapback]
Ricky Hatton=Arturo Gatti thats why he will get this fight, but make no mistake the dude is a bum.

C'Mon thats taking it too far Ricky would've murdered Gatti on Live Television like Floyd said he was nothing but a punching bag
Douchebag
QUOTE(U.S. Champ @ Jul 1 2008, 05:22 PM) [snapback]394444[/snapback]
C'Mon thats taking it too far Ricky would've murdered Gatti on Live Television like Floyd said he was nothing but a punching bag

The Gatti that fought Mickey Ward the first time would give Ricky Hatton one HELL of a fight. IMO Ricky is on that same level.
slap
This is a hard fight 2 pick so i wont pick right now pac is a better boxer than ricky but i dont know if he can take rickys pressure cause his defense is not that of a floyd mayweather so its a hard 1 2 choose.
D-MARV
I will slightly favor Hatton but the more and more I think about it the lesser that gap gets! Could be an interesting fight!
Troy
Hatton can put a lot of pressure yes this is correct but i'm from the UK and i have watched boxing for the past 20years.
When Hatton started getting big in the UK and all my friends said he's the best in the world i said have you seen Floyd Mayweather Jr they said who's he. lol i said he's the man that will KO Hatton. Hatton puts a lot of pressure but has no idea how to defend the hole art of boxing is to hit and not get hit! Hatton's last fight he looked good for the first 5 rounds then his legs looked shot! Who was this guy he fought? lol
Hatton will get KO a gain sometime soon!! ( Paulie )
hardhead
QUOTE(Troy @ Jul 2 2008, 09:14 AM) [snapback]394508[/snapback]
Hatton can put a lot of pressure yes this is correct but i'm from the UK and i have watched boxing for the past 20years.
When Hatton started getting big in the UK and all my friends said he's the best in the world i said have you seen Floyd Mayweather Jr they said who's he. lol i said he's the man that will KO Hatton. Hatton puts a lot of pressure but has no idea how to defend the hole art of boxing is to hit and not get hit! Hatton's last fight he looked good for the first 5 rounds then his legs looked shot! Who was this guy he fought? lol
Hatton will get KO a gain sometime soon!! ( Paulie )

Boy, that would be really embarrassing to be KOed by the "feather fisted" Paulie....laugh.gif
U.S. Champ
QUOTE(hardhead @ Jul 2 2008, 10:22 AM) [snapback]394530[/snapback]
Boy, that would be really embarrassing to be KOed by the "feather fisted" Paulie....laugh.gif

Ricky would have to retire immediately in a foreign country to a life of exile
D-MARV
While we laugh at this...

I was one of the first to predict Paulie to outbox Hatton over 12 rounds!

Paulie UD! clear but controversially close on the scorecards!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 1 2008, 05:10 PM) [snapback]394440[/snapback]
I don't think he deserves that fight, and the big money that comes with it.....he got cleaned and embarrassed by Mayweather.....he GETS BY little, old Lazcano after being rocked a few times.....why should he get to fight "The Man" AGAIN?...

As far as the matchup....it could go either way...there's just so many variables to consider...y'all have named most of them.....but no...I have 0 love for Hatton, and I don't want him to get paid anymore....he's a holding, ineffective, catcher's mitt on two legs....

I want him to retire and get charged with 2 DUIs in the same week.

CEO, I can smell the hate brewing again. Let it out.
The CEO
It's brewin' alright....motherfuckin' superfans are makin' me wanna get loose....Pacmaniacs, Roy Boys, Calzagheans......I just can't grasp the concept of a man wanting to grasp another man's balls....it fucking angers me....

laugh.gif

LIKE him...respect him as a fighter....root for him...hope he wins and all that...but don't bring that gay or nationalistic bullshit where you're overuppin' them like you're their blind bitch.....

It insults quality Boxing fans and is very annoying....
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 2 2008, 10:19 PM) [snapback]394614[/snapback]
It's brewin' alright....motherfuckin' superfans are makin' me wanna get loose....Pacmaniacs, Roy Boys, Calzagheans......I just can't grasp the concept of a man wanting to grasp another man's balls....it fucking angers me....

laugh.gif
LIKE him...respect him as a fighter....root for him...hope he wins and all that...but don't bring that gay or nationalistic bullshit where you're overuppin' them like you're their blind bitch.....

Calzagheans??? Thats pretty good.
hardhead
I think Hatton might just be a too much moving up for Pacqiuao, I mean Pacqiuao is the better fighter P4P but that move up to 140 might be too much. I could see Hatton overpowering and smothering Pacquiao and winning an ugly decision. I don't know, I'm not really that interested in seeing this fight as much as I am for the possible matchups at lightweight.
caneman
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 2 2008, 10:19 PM) [snapback]394614[/snapback]

laugh.gif

You are crazy bro! lmao! Entertaining as hell tho thumbsup_anim.gif I am not sure about Pac going up that high, considering that he started @ 112. I think it's best that he cleans out 135 with 3-4 fights & see how he handles the weight. I would love to see what happens in the fight tho...I do know that it's kinda hard to hug & mug when you are getting drilled hard in the face...I think it would be a bloody mess of a fight but if Pac goes up @ the right time & can keep improving, he beats Hatton by stoppage, maybe caused by cuts!
torvix2000
If Hatton doesn't knock Pacquiao out by round 6, he's gonna get cut ugly. Pac has already shown that he can move backward and maintain distance at a very quick pace. Hatton won't be able to bull rush him.
clippers19901
I say Pacquiao TKO in the middle to late rounds. He would have to use his hand speed but I think he would cut Hatton and stop him on cuts.
Mean Mister Mustard
Unless he cuts Hatton I heavily favour Hatton to win this one. Too big, too strong, bodypunching plus he has quick hands. I don't see Pacquiao winning this one. As bad as Hatton looked at the end of the Mayweather fight he is a high quality fighter.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jul 3 2008, 11:37 PM) [snapback]394770[/snapback]
Unless he cuts Hatton I heavily favour Hatton to win this one. Too big, too strong, bodypunching plus he has quick hands. I don't see Pacquiao winning this one. As bad as Hatton looked at the end of the Mayweather fight he is a high quality fighter.

I agree,
I just think that Hatton will be to big for Manny! To beat Hatton you have to be a Slick boxer or have that "One Hitta-Quitta". Manny is not a slick boxer nor does he have the punching power to knock Hatton the F*ck out!
hitman harding
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 1 2008, 02:03 PM) [snapback]394405[/snapback]

Blow it out of your butt C.E.O with your silly nonsense that Hatton doesn't deserve to fight a smaller former bantamweight rolleyes.gif Hatton is rated the #1 140 fighter by anyone you is anyone in boxing. ,Are you comparing Pacquiao to Mayweather ?or you are cock sure Pacquiao would last the distance against Mayweather at 147# ?
If Hatton doesn't put this Phillipino away in under 10 rounds then he needs to retire ASAP.
Hatton will be a big scary rough hard hitting monster for the small but talented Pacquiao
streetlion1
Blowout win for Manny!
The CEO
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Jul 4 2008, 01:51 PM) [snapback]394818[/snapback]
Blow it out of your butt C.E.O............

He told me to blow it out my butt....

December 8th, 2007 destroyed you.

yes2.gif

rusty_trombone
I actually think Ricky Hatton wins this fights, as long as he's not mentally gone. I mean the size difference will be huge, and Rick is a pretty quick guy. I would love to see Pac-Man win though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.