Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jones looking good in sparring....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
BigG
Roy Jones has fallen off pretty bad recnetly, with KO losses to Lucian Bute and Tyrone Sloan. Jones was once a great fighter with tremendous wins over Tyrone Sloan, Bugsy Gawn, Bobby Boome, Prince Malik Abu-Husson, Briana Banks, and the great Richard "Dick" Butkiss. But since losing to Jean Pascal the 2nd time by KO, Jones career has been an absolute dissapointment.

"Roy Jones Jr. lost his swagger" says his gym mate Bernard Hopkins..."He used to be a fearsome KO puncher with skills. Now he is just a fighter with a big name who young fighters want on their resume. I don't know why he's still fighting. He was gassed after 5 rounds against Lucian Bute and was knocked out. He also lost to a bum recnetly, although to his credit, he avenged that loss by 1st round KO. Don't forget he lost to Tyrell Hudson and Jowett Pipes..the guy is done. He is not even a Light-Heavyweight to begin with. Green will finish him off before 6." says Bernard Hopkins.

"Roy Jones is actually looking good in sparring. He's still pretty fast and he hits hard. Only question is, can he withstand Green's body attack? We'll have to see" says gymmate, SMW contender, Raiden.

After defeating Jaidon Condrington in the rematch, the undefeated, undisputed LHW champion, Allan Green called out Roy Jones Jr. to fight for his Light-Heavyweight title. Green is the greatest Light-Heavyweight Champion ever with wins over Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn, Jaidon Condrington, Richard Butkiss, Jeff Ghusson.

"Look, of course I love the money I'm getting for this fight..but don't get it twisted! I want this fight because I know I can beat Green! I still got mad skills and speed, yo! I'll be a HOFer for sure if I beat Green. Don't count out RJJ yet. And as for Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn counting me out! Well, he can think what he wants! I know he never liked RJ but I know in his heart he will be rooting for the old man to pull it off!" - Roy Jones Jr.
Maxy
Krumbsnatcher fighters are unanimous in their belief that Jones will be a walking punch bag against Green.

Heavyweight legend Dipsy Gawn said, "Jones was so bad against Bute I thought he would never box again and I still feel he shouldn't ever mix with the elite again. Green will take what Bute did to Jones and do it even more ruthlessly, even quicker and even more painful. Roy has a lot of talent and he could have been a great fighter but he's not got a hope in hell with Green. This is a mismatch."

Tony Palomino agrees saying, "Jones is fast but his speed will not be good enough to halt the onslaught that Allan Green will come with. Green is one of those fighters who fights fearlessly because he knows he has the tools to get the job done. He will take Roy's legs away and knock him out by the 5th round."

Harold "Harry" Angus said, "Who am I to stop Roy getting the pay day he wants? I spoke to him and he's a confident guy, a fighter who feels he can pull off one more gigantic performance and create a massive upset. I gotta feel sorry for Roy. He's going to get so hurt in this fight it's gonna be violent. I'd like him to win but for me this one is over before the 6th."
The CEO
I don't know, G....Roy Jones might get Maussaed if he continues....seriously...Sloan must've beat 6 years off his life that night....I really think he's the one most responsible for Jones losing his swag...

and just so everybody knows....Mister Sloan has a 45 in Power and a 15 in KO Punch.....NO ONE can trade with Soup Bone...not even the great Allan Green wants a piece of that....trust me.

CyruS
If Roy Jones wins the undisputed light heavyweight title again by giving green a loss, i'll unretire a legend....

Blayde
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 1 2008, 07:46 PM) [snapback]394396[/snapback]
and just so everybody knows....Mister Sloan has a 45 in Power and a 15 in KO Punch.....NO ONE can trade with Soup Bone...not even the great Allan Green wants a piece of that....trust me.

Green would trade with Soup Bone and knock him out. Man, I cant wait for Sloan to come back. Since Pascal got his ass kicked, basically all of my fighters want Sloan threaten.gif

Green: "I dont care what these Krumbsnatcher people say. Theyre just jealous they dont have the name nor do they bring the excitement to create fights like Green vs. Jones. This is a huge one. A real champion vs. a real legend and Im gonna knock Jones out."

But TOS cant make 175!? dntknw.gif
Maxy
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 1 2008, 12:46 PM) [snapback]394396[/snapback]

Nice thought but impossible to implement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.