Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's feeling the Sunshine?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Spyder
Who would've thought that a fish was holding back the best team in baseball?

The fish was exorcised, and now the Rays have the best record in all of baseball!

WAR RAYS!!!!

thumbsup_anim.gif
Spyder
Oh come on...no one has a single comment about the Rays being in first?!

At least bring the hate!!

clapping.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 2 2008, 07:44 PM) [snapback]394603[/snapback]
Oh come on...no one has a single comment about the Rays being in first?!

At least bring the hate!!

clapping.gif

Baseball sucks. Literally, they suck steroids.

Happy there Spyder? I got more.
rusty_trombone
Do they still do Friday night at the trop? That was awesome. I've been to see the Mets play the Braves, and I have to say, Braves fans are some pod people. I have to say, friday at the trop was more fun, even though my beloved mets were playing. Fucking Braves fans ruined it, I have not seen retards like that ever, well maybe UGA Dog fans, they're some interesting folk also.
Spyder
MMM, that's a good start...but I was more interested in Rays Hate, not a generalized hate of baseball.

laugh.gif

I don't think they do Friday specials at the Trop anymore...but The Party Deck is still fun on any day of the week. The games are much more fun to watch now too...if you can find time between drinks!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 3 2008, 10:56 AM) [snapback]394703[/snapback]
MMM, that's a good start...but I was more interested in Rays Hate, not a generalized hate of baseball.

laugh.gif

I don't think they do Friday specials at the Trop anymore...but The Party Deck is still fun on any day of the week. The games are much more fun to watch now too...if you can find time between drinks!

I have no idea how their retarded ass pitching staff is holding up. Shit, Percival is 183 years old, and the rest of their guys, except maybe one, have the talent of really good little leaguers. Maybe the oldest little leaguers.
Spyder
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jul 3 2008, 11:15 AM) [snapback]394705[/snapback]
I have no idea how their retarded ass pitching staff is holding up. Shit, Percival is 183 years old, and the rest of their guys, except maybe one, have the talent of really good little leaguers. Maybe the oldest little leaguers.

Are you high?

Garza is tearing it up! That bullpen upgrade was a HUGE difference. Shit, the pitching staff is carrying the bats!! There are only a few guys above .300, and those guys don't have enough at bats to count.

They lose the fish, become the Ray's of sun, and now they're the best team in all of baseball. It's like magic!!

thumbsup_anim.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 3 2008, 01:04 PM) [snapback]394722[/snapback]
Are you high?

Garza is tearing it up! That bullpen upgrade was a HUGE difference. Shit, the pitching staff is carrying the bats!! There are only a few guys above .300, and those guys don't have enough at bats to count.

They lose the fish, become the Ray's of sun, and now they're the best team in all of baseball. It's like magic!!

thumbsup_anim.gif

i know they're tearing it up, they shouldn't be. i'm saying the pitchers are playing way over their heads.
Spyder
Maybe, but who cares!

I just hope it lasts after All-Star break...

thumbsup_anim.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 3 2008, 03:39 PM) [snapback]394741[/snapback]
Maybe, but who cares!

I just hope it lasts after All-Star break...

thumbsup_anim.gif

sunrays, i like devil rays better. sunrays remind me of really old people with those really cool giant sunglasses on.
Mino
Im a Mets fan, and since they are sucking a big cock right now, it brings me some plaesure to see the Rays whoopin up on the Yanks and the Sux, hope they are able to keep it up some how and take down the division!!
Spyder
I thought with Percival going out that they'd stumble a little bit, but nope...they've held it together!

Give 'em hell Rays!!

aggressive.gif
Spyder
cool.gif
STEVENSKI
I do not know much about baseball but it is by far Americas best team sport. I enjoy watching it though even if I am not sure what all the rules & stats are but then again I am a tragic for cricket & have no problem watching a 5 day test match which is about 30-35 hours of cricket 6-7 hours a day.
Spyder
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 6 2008, 09:47 PM) [snapback]406298[/snapback]
I do not know much about baseball but it is by far Americas best team sport. I enjoy watching it though even if I am not sure what all the rules & stats are but then again I am a tragic for cricket & have no problem watching a 5 day test match which is about 30-35 hours of cricket 6-7 hours a day.

STEVEN, you're a man with GREAT taste...you would be a Rays fan. They are the epitome of everything that is good about the sport of baseball, and they are in the ALCS BITCHES!!!

laugh.gifthumbsup_anim.gif
ROLL DEEP
Cricket AND Baseball suck.

Seriously, they suck. Giant donkey balls laugh.gif
Spyder
I used to think so too ROLL, but then I realized that I had a Y chromosome and a couple of nuts between my legs. So liking baseball must have a genetic link to being a man.

You can't argue with science!

laugh.gif
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Spyder @ Oct 7 2008, 11:33 AM) [snapback]406357[/snapback]
I used to think so too ROLL, but then I realized that I had a Y chromosome and a couple of nuts between my legs. So liking baseball must have a genetic link to being a man.

You can't argue with science!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Shit, can't say I don't like it now.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Oct 7 2008, 03:17 PM) [snapback]406350[/snapback]
Cricket AND Baseball suck.
Seriously, they suck. Giant donkey balls laugh.gif

You are just bitter because England are P4P the worst performing nation in the history of sports. What I do love though is how the Sun always hypes up England's sports teams & makes the public think they have a chance. They also say Kevin Pieterson & Andrew Flintoff are great cricketers when they would be lucky to get a start in a Australian state team let alone our national 11.
Spyder
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 7 2008, 06:48 PM) [snapback]406378[/snapback]
You are just bitter because England are P4P the worst performing nation in the history of sports. What I do love though is how the Sun always hypes up England's sports teams & makes the public think they have a chance. They also say Kevin Pieterson & Andrew Flintoff are great cricketers when they would be lucky to get a start in a Australian state team let alone our national 11.

Stop trying to jack my Rays Fanboy thread you Koala fucking bastard! aggressive.gif

laugh.gif

Fitz
Cricket is a sport where you can be a heavy pack a day smoker, fat and an alcoholic and still be the worlds best.
Fitz
I'm sure baseball is the same.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Spyder @ Oct 7 2008, 10:53 PM) [snapback]406379[/snapback]
Stop trying to jack my Rays Fanboy thread you Koala fucking bastard! aggressive.gif

laugh.gif

I was watchin the baseball last night. I seem to have a hatred for the Yankees & the Red Sox. No real reason.

Nothing will beat a drunk as fuck Warney dancing with the stumps with a smoke in his mouth after England copped another Ashes hiding from Australia.
Fitz
I love Warney. I used to go for Australia when Warne, Slater, Blewett, Hughes, McDermott and Healy used to play. I haven't really warmed to any of the new players. Whether it's because I lost interest in cricket I don't know, but I actually dislike most of the Australian team these days.
Spyder
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 7 2008, 07:38 PM) [snapback]406386[/snapback]
I was watchin the baseball last night. I seem to have a hatred for the Yankees & the Red Sox. No real reason.

As well you should. Those teams are absolutely vile and disgusting entities.

Join me a root for the Rays, which in turn would mean the destruction of the Red Sox!

thumbsup_anim.gif
STEVENSKI
I seem to have a thing for Detroit for some reason but maybe it is their dark blue colour. I like the underdog teams but Roy Jones is from Florida so I don't think I can root for the Rays (unless the Rays showed some kind of loyalty & attacked him with baseball bats anyway).
Spyder
LOL...rooting for Detroit in baseball is I gather as fruitful as rooting for England in cricket. laugh.gif

The Rays will not bludgeon Roy Jones with bats because he's rich and people in Florida like him, but there is a chance that they will dismiss Antonio Tarver's claim of Tampa being his home. That crackhead is from Orlando, and this town told him that when he came here to fight! Fuck the milkdud!!

I'll concede that I like Roy Jones and you do not, but I will not concede that The Rays are of any comparison! Roy was the favorite in every fight that he's ever beein. The Rays have been the underdog in almost every series they've ever been in. Besides, we live about 500 miles from Roy...

clapping.gif
STEVENSKI
Fair enough but Roy will forever have disgraced the state of Florida.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 7 2008, 10:43 PM) [snapback]406434[/snapback]
Fair enough but Roy will forever have disgraced the state of Florida.

laugh.gif

Your hate travels deep.

Yeah, The Sun always fools the public into thinking we have a chance. I don't read the cricket previews (as it sucks, lol), but when Hatton was preparing for Floyd, everyone in England was running around going 'Hatton's going to smash him!' 'Hattons hard as nails!'...........I was like 'WTF?'
Spyder
It's amazing how stupid people can be when rooting for "their" team. I guess you can never underestimate the power of an attractive scrotum.
Spyder
The Rays put their pimp hand down on the BoSox last night!

BJ Upton cranked a 3 run homer OVER the green monster, and I heard that it has been spotted entering UK airspace. lol

Sonnanstine and Wakefield go tonight. Meatball City!!
Spyder
Did I see that one coming or what?

laugh.gif

Boston's butthole really took a pounding last night! Congratulations to the Ray's Nation!

Spyder
World Series Bitches!!!

yahoo.gif thumbsup_anim.gif
The CEO
I haven't watched ANY baseball this year...but good for you, man...lol....I'll try to catch a couple of games.....think they can win it?
Spyder
Home team bias aside...yeah, I definitely think they can do it. If you get a chance to watch a game, you'll be hooked. They're such a young team that they play with a certain intensity and excitement that I can remember feeling as a kid playing little league.

You don't get the sense that they're millionaire, cry-baby athletes...which is probably because only a few of them are making millions(The Rays have one of the LOWEST payrolls in all of baseball!) so the players are relatable.

You can just sense the that they're in the process of doing something very special.
STEVENSKI
Very exciting I must say.
Spyder
8pm ET tonight boys!!!

I'm picking up some brews on the way home for this one...

drinks.gif
The CEO
I was rooting for your Rays all the way, Spyder...they're a good team....real scrappy like you said....that B.J. Upton is a difference maker....you could tell he was gonna come through the other night before he went up to bat...
Spyder
They FINALLY showed their youth, which sucks because it was in the Fucking World Series(I think Fitz has the DVD collection of that lol), but I'm very encouraged about the future of this franchise. The things that they did this season opened a lot of eyes, and was simply remarkable. If management can hold this team together, they can be a force for a LONG time.

It's a tough pill to swallow that the season is actually over, but it was GREAT while it lasted! drinks.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.