Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao vs Valero??
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
hardhead
I'm hearing this could be Manny's next opponent. Thoughts? Predictions?

Could Pacquiao be to Valero what Barrera was to Pacquiao, or is Valero just a paper champ to be devoured up by the Pacman on his way to greatness?
JD
It will be fun for certain, and Pac will be facing someone who can TRULY hurt him badly...

..but Pac will take him apart with his handspeed.
Maxy
Yeah I agree with JD.

Pac's hand speed will be the key.

So Pac-Hatton isn't happening then?
Fitz
Pacquiao should destroy him.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 2 2008, 10:51 PM) [snapback]394624[/snapback]
Pacquiao should destroy him.

He will indeed!
BigG
Valeros not gonna last 5 rounds with Pac...
hardhead
I've never seen Valero fight before but heard all he is an offensive fighter, big puncher with no defense. Sounds a lot like an Edison Miranda type of fighter. I hope Manny blows him out so we can get some of these big matchups at 135 cracking. I'd rather Pacqiuo not even waste his time with this guy but all the other top 135 pounders are fighting so it'll be good that he stays busy and set up a fight in early 09. I just hope he doesn't overlook Valero, since I'm sure his praise is at an all time high(with Floyd retiring and most feeling he is the top P4P).
salvador
Every time I hear this rumor without hearing some kind of confirmation about the status of Valero's head injury I get skeptical. Boxrec has this fight happening in the US in November, but it doesn't make any sense. Shouldn't we be hearing about a doctor's waiver first? Also, I watch way too much boxing, and if I've only seen him fight once, I find it hard to believe that more than a small handful of Americans have ever even heard his name. Wouldn't it make much much more sense for Valero to have a couple of dates on HBO (maybe against Barrios or Rocky Juarez - guys who will trade with him) to generate interest in the fight?

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(salvador @ Jul 3 2008, 08:36 AM) [snapback]394695[/snapback]
Every time I hear this rumor without hearing some kind of confirmation about the status of Valero's head injury I get skeptical. Boxrec has this fight happening in the US in November, but it doesn't make any sense. Shouldn't we be hearing about a doctor's waiver first?

I thought I read a while back that Valero was cleared to fight in Texas and that Nevada was expected to follow suit.
hardhead
QUOTE(salvador @ Jul 3 2008, 01:36 PM) [snapback]394695[/snapback]
Every time I hear this rumor without hearing some kind of confirmation about the status of Valero's head injury I get skeptical. Boxrec has this fight happening in the US in November, but it doesn't make any sense. Shouldn't we be hearing about a doctor's waiver first? Also, I watch way too much boxing, and if I've only seen him fight once, I find it hard to believe that more than a small handful of Americans have ever even heard his name. Wouldn't it make much much more sense for Valero to have a couple of dates on HBO (maybe against Barrios or Rocky Juarez - guys who will trade with him) to generate interest in the fight?

I've read that Valero has been cleared to fight in Texas but Arum is trying to get him cleared in Vegas. So it will either take place in Vegas to Texas, I'm hoping Texas so I can drive there..

I agree that it would kind of make sense to fight a barrios type guy(in fact I had heard that he was supposed to fight Juarez on the proposed Diaz/Katsidis undercard) first but that's what a lot of these guys are doing these days, build up their record with soft competition and throw them right to the wolves for the payday.
CreDog
Better fight than Diaz vs Pac.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE(CreDog @ Jul 3 2008, 11:51 AM) [snapback]394717[/snapback]
Better fight than Diaz vs Pac.

I agree atleast Valero has a punchers chance.
BigG
Yeah unlike Diaz Valero can hurt Pac but he's also really amateurish..Pac in 3. Should be a action packed war though.
Abraham P.
I don' really think Valero is a tough fighter to last him 6 rounds, the only guy who really knows how to beat him is Juan Manuel Marquez.
thefloatingmonkey
I think Valero should get a lot more experience in the ring first. He hasn't fought great competition and he will get smacked around the ring fighting pac-man. 19 of his 24 fights ended in round 1.

Valero does have that punches chance though. He's got some crazy power.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.