Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holt vs. Torres
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
So the big fight during the weekend is the rematch between Holt and Torres. I never saw the first fight, but apparentley is was controversial with Holt getting hit in the head with a beer can, and having his legs pulled in a corner. The rematch though is in America, and on TV, so we'll know if there's some bullshit going on. I know Torres won a questinable decision against Arnaoutis, but he did put Cotto down. Holt is a good boxer, who's beaten David Diaz and Mike Arnaoutis. I think in the rematch, Holt will be moving a lot and jabbing. He's going to make this a boxing match, and not stand and trade with Torres. It might not be the most exciting fight, but it should give Holt the decision and the belt. Any thoughts?
BigG
Holt really fucked David Diaz up....Although he was down himself in that fight.

I pick Holt but Torres of course always has the punchers chance..
Bhopreign
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jul 3 2008, 01:10 AM) [snapback]394681[/snapback]
So the big fight during the weekend is the rematch between Holt and Torres. I never saw the first fight, but apparentley is was controversial with Holt getting hit in the head with a beer can, and having his legs pulled in a corner. The rematch though is in America, and on TV, so we'll know if there's some bullshit going on. I know Torres won a questinable decision against Arnaoutis, but he did put Cotto down. Holt is a good boxer, who's beaten David Diaz and Mike Arnaoutis. I think in the rematch, Holt will be moving a lot and jabbing. He's going to make this a boxing match, and not stand and trade with Torres. It might not be the most exciting fight, but it should give Holt the decision and the belt. Any thoughts?

Holt is always moving so that wont be something new. Fighers like him there is a reason they fight the way they do despite all the talent they have, its to protect something and in Holt's case its because Holt has a weak chin and gets tired in fights, thats the reason for his lack of activity and for the most part boring fights.
D-MARV
Holt takes this one by UD...

though I wouldn't be surprised if the fight was stopped late in favor of Holt.
JD
Go Torres!

I cannot stand Kendall Holt.
CreDog
I watched a grainy video of the last fight. Holt was legitmately hurt. So was Torres. I think the smart pick would be Holt by UD, stinking up the joint- I think Holt took chances knowing that he'd never get a decission in Columbia.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Torres dropped a bomb and put Holt on queer street.
hardhead
It was definitely a crazy night. I watched the fight online and while I did see some shit flying into the ring(looked like a cup/can of beer) I didn't see anyone grabbing Holt's ankles.

Holt was definitely really outboxing him for the first 7 rounds or so but I think around the 8th or 9th he definitely started to get on his bike a good bit, as he looked a bit tired and Torres stepped up the pressure. Then Torres caught him a couple rounds later. The stoppage did look a little suspect(in that he looked like he was still fighting back) so I do think Holt got somewhat of a raw deal over there.

Torres has some damn good power and Holt is just flat out boring to watch. I'd also rather see Torres fight Hatton in the future.

So I'm with JD though, Go Torres!! thumbsup_anim.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
Holt is fast, has power and is skilled. So why the hell does he fight the way he fights? I agree with the poster who said he has chin issues and therefore has to fight boring.
kidbazooka1
This should be a good I give Holt the advantage but Torres power can end thing at any moment.
BigG
Zahir Raheem is also fighting Ali Funeka...Go Zahir!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.