Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC 86: Jackson vs Griffin PPV 9PM CST: All Comments Here
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
For all of the hard-hitting UFC on-going fight action between Rampage Jackson and Forrest Griffin, please post it here!

Jack

Administrator
Warlord
Quinton Jackson loses a UD and his Light Heavyweight championship. Wowzers. Griffin has back-to-back wins over Shogun and Rampage. I really can't think of anything cruel or offensive today. Except that everyone around here swinging hard off Rampage's nutsack can kind of tone that shit down a little now.

BONUS: Now we'll see Rampage/Silva 3 to determine who gets a title shot at Griffin. Bye bye Rampage, your time at the top was short and sweet. You're a funny guy, and we will miss you.
STEVENSKI
Good for Forrest he is a very likeable fighter. Rampage should learn that if you come out to a Roid Jones rap you get beat & lose.

Lesson to any fighter do not come out to Roid Jones rapping.
Jack 1000
WOW!!!! What a fight!!! I am normally not a UFC fan, but that was thrilling! All the rounds were very close except round 2 where Griffin beat the SHIT out of Rampage. Great back and forth action otherwise. I actually thought the judges would give Rampage a nail biter verdict. My card was:

1. 10-9 R. (close, but took it with a nice take down)

2. 8-10 G (Never Seen Rampage dominated like that!)

3.. 10-10

4. 10-9 R (very close)

5. 10-9 R (Very close. Thought Rampage took it in the end.)

Score 48-47 for Rampage. When they said 48-46 twice and 49-46, I was surprised, not that Griffin won, but that it was not closer.

Jack
BigG
3-2 Rampage

1) Rampage for the big KD
2) Forrest
3) Rampage
4) Rampage
5) Forrest
Col Reb
I scored it for Rampage as well. Why is this not being called a "controversial decision"? You know they would be screaming if it were boxing.
King Eugene
Yea I thought Rampage would have gotten the decision on this one. I think the dominating performance in round 2 is what did it for Griffin. Hope he reigns supreme for a while.
BigG
Yup. Forrest only won round 2 (dominated) and round 5 (outworked Page).

Rampage almost had him out in round 1, and landed clean shots in rounds 3 and 4 which wobbled Forrest.

I'm SO surprised Rampage said he got "whooped" and lost the fight. He was just too classy I guess.
King Eugene
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 6 2008, 07:44 PM) [snapback]395080[/snapback]
Yup. Forrest only won round 2 (dominated) and round 5 (outworked Page).

Rampage almost had him out in round 1, and landed clean shots in rounds 3 and 4 which wobbled Forrest.

I'm SO surprised Rampage said he got "whooped" and lost the fight. He was just too classy I guess.

I dont think he felt that way. I feel like he was just showing his class. Instead of making up excuses as to why he lost, he just took the decision lost like a man (cause we all know to never leave the decision up to the judges) and he'll most definitely be back!
Warlord
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jul 6 2008, 07:25 PM) [snapback]395084[/snapback]
I dont think he felt that way. I feel like he was just showing his class. Instead of making up excuses as to why he lost, he just took the decision lost like a man (cause we all know to never leave the decision up to the judges) and he'll most definitely be back!

Funny you should mention that. Rampage took his decision loss like a man, and yet offers every excuse in the book on why he got RAPED by
WANDERLEIIIIIIIIIII SIIIIIIILLLLLLLVVVVVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spyder
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jul 7 2008, 12:08 AM) [snapback]395106[/snapback]
Funny you should mention that. Rampage took his decision loss like a man, and yet offers every excuse in the book on why he got RAPED by
WANDERLEIIIIIIIIIII SIIIIIIILLLLLLLVVVVVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raped, huh? By another man?!

See, I knew this shit was Gay-4-Pay!

laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jul 7 2008, 04:08 AM) [snapback]395106[/snapback]

So what is your opinion on Forrest then? Is he just a lucky tough SOB of is he a fighter of quality?
Douchebag
Warlord
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jul 7 2008, 07:36 PM) [snapback]395185[/snapback]
So what is your opinion on Forrest then? Is he just a lucky tough SOB of is he a fighter of quality?

Forrest is a B+ fighter with an A++++ heart and A+++++++ work ethic, and on any given night he can get a W over the best of 'em, especially if the best show up soft and out-of-shape like Rampage did.

Forrest is a quality fighter with great wins over Shogun Rua and Quinton Jackson. I don't imagine he'll hold the belt too long, but he's acheived more in his career already than anyone, including himself, could've ever dreamed of. Of course, that's how us Georgia boys roll.
Warlord
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 7 2008, 07:22 AM) [snapback]395112[/snapback]
Raped, huh? By another man?!

See, I knew this shit was Gay-4-Pay!

laugh.gif

Which is why you just keep showing up here, day after day, yeah?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jul 8 2008, 04:18 AM) [snapback]395211[/snapback]
Forrest is a B+ fighter with an A++++ heart and A+++++++ work ethic, and on any given night he can get a W over the best of 'em, especially if the best show up soft and out-of-shape like Rampage did.

Forrest is a quality fighter with great wins over Shogun Rua and Quinton Jackson. I don't imagine he'll hold the belt too long, but he's acheived more in his career already than anyone, including himself, could've ever dreamed of. Of course, that's how us Georgia boys roll.

That is how I feel about him. He has more heart than 99% of fighters & will not quit. One guy I would not want to fight in the streets thats for sure. I thought he was joking when he said un TUF1 finale that he enjoyed bleeding as it psyches him up. I guess I was wrong.
Spyder
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jul 8 2008, 12:18 AM) [snapback]395212[/snapback]
Which is why you just keep showing up here, day after day, yeah?

Hell yeah!! I can't get enough of two sweaty guys laying on top of each other on the ground!!

That shit is EXCITING!!!

thumbsup_anim.gif
AussieLad
I had forrest taking rounds 2, 3 and 5. I didnt think it was a controversial decision, a close fight that could have gone either way, but forrest edged it with his activity.
Warlord
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jul 8 2008, 12:45 AM) [snapback]395222[/snapback]
That is how I feel about him. He has more heart than 99% of fighters & will not quit. One guy I would not want to fight in the streets thats for sure. I thought he was joking when he said un TUF1 finale that he enjoyed bleeding as it psyches him up. I guess I was wrong.

When he had his arm broken in half, and won the fight by KO with his good arm... well goddamn it, that's heart right there. I wonder how many motherfuckers could ever claim some shit like that?
TheWhiteBuffalo
Griffin eeeeeked out a decision on my cards. There is nothing controversial about this decision because it could have went either way.

Totally different on TV. I have heard many ringsiders agree with the judges on this one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.