Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Manny Pacquiao
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
BigG
What do you think?
STEVENSKI
Pac is a greater historical fighter IMO. It is easy to remain undefeated when you get a gift decison in a fight you clearly lost & then took the path of least resistance.
caneman
Pac-man for me as a greater fighter(though PBF may be the better boxer)...PBF could shut my mouth wit a fight vs PWill, Cotto & Margarito though! Guess what, PBF won't so I guess I don't have to shut up.
caneman
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jul 5 2008, 11:07 PM) [snapback]394975[/snapback]
Pac is a greater historical fighter IMO. It is easy to remain undefeated when you get a gift decison in a fight you clearly lost & then took the path of least resistance.

Who you talking about bro...Castillo? Anyhow, PBF fought for money only IMO...Pacman fights to be great & is now getting the money! The way it should be IMO.
BigG
PBF is without a doubt the better fighter but when it's all said and done Pac could be greater...especially if he beats Hatton at 140
caneman
When I think about some of the greats in this sport I love so much! Guys like SRR, greb, tiger flowers, armsrong & many others...PBF ain't even close as a "great fighter", now skill wise, hell yea he can be talked about but not in my top 100 GREATEST FIGHTERS EVER!
BigG
Skillwise I think PBF is top 5 of all time
AKay
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/chat.php

discuss it in the chat we are in there talking about it
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(caneman @ Jul 6 2008, 03:17 AM) [snapback]394979[/snapback]
Pacman fights to be great & is now getting the money! The way it should be IMO.

Exactly.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 5 2008, 10:50 PM) [snapback]394985[/snapback]
Skillwise I think PBF is top 5 of all time

Ummm don't you think you should add an '0'on to that and say top '50'of all time?

Just in the last 20 years I can think of 2 fighters that had better skills in Hopkins and Whitaker. Yes Bernard has some losses but most of them came AFTER he was 40!!!

Hell I'm even tempted to throw in the Toney of around 160-168 as being more skillful than PBF. He certainly took on tougher fighters with an astonishing regularity.

Then there is Leonard and I was looking at some old footage of Hagler recently (after his FNF apperance) and man that guy had mad skills.

Then there is of course Julio Ceaser Chavez. Shit if you really put your mind to it there are heaps. Pep, Robinson, Louis and so on so forth.

I'm not sure PBF would've beaten Tyzsu had they tangled in their prime.

The reason PBF looks so 'skillful' is because he never fought anyone in their prime apart from Castillo (and the first fight was life and death). Please don't count Corrales as being in his prime he had so much personal B.S going on at the time he was ripe for the taking.

Don't think I'm a Floyd hater, I buy his PPV's and really enjoyed his last fight versues an over matched Hatton I just don't think he's proven himself to be anywhere near as close as his hype pretends he is.
Mean Mister Mustard
If Pacquiao continues to beat the best like he has so far I'd go with him. Currently PBF has to have the edge based on all his wins and the fact that he still has that 0. If he beats Cotto and Margarito or Mosley and Williams he would be the winner.
BigG
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Jul 6 2008, 04:34 AM) [snapback]394992[/snapback]
Ummm don't you think you should add an '0'on to that and say top '50'of all time?

Just in the last 20 years I can think of 2 fighters that had better skills in Hopkins and Whitaker. Yes Bernard has some losses but most of them came AFTER he was 40!!!

Hell I'm even tempted to throw in the Toney of around 160-168 as being more skillful than PBF. He certainly took on tougher fighters with an astonishing regularity.

Then there is Leonard and I was looking at some old footage of Hagler recently (after his FNF apperance) and man that guy had mad skills.

Then there is of course Julio Ceaser Chavez. Shit if you really put your mind to it there are heaps. Pep, Robinson, Louis and so on so forth.

I'm not sure PBF would've beaten Tyzsu had they tangled in their prime.

The reason PBF looks so 'skillful' is because he never fought anyone in their prime apart from Castillo (and the first fight was life and death). Please don't count Corrales as being in his prime he had so much personal B.S going on at the time he was ripe for the taking.

Don't think I'm a Floyd hater, I buy his PPV's and really enjoyed his last fight versues an over matched Hatton I just don't think he's proven himself to be anywhere near as close as his hype pretends he is.

I've seen all those guys fight and trust Floyd is one of he most technically skilled fighters ever.

Sure Whitaker and Hopkins might be slicker..but they are also possibly top 15 of all time.

And louis is one of my favourie fighers to watch but come on man, he's not as good as Floyd skillwise
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 5 2008, 11:57 PM) [snapback]394999[/snapback]
I've seen all those guys fight and trust Floyd is one of he most technically skilled fighters ever.

Sure Whitaker and Hopkins might be slicker..but they are also possibly top 15 of all time.

And louis is one of my favourie fighers to watch but come on man, he's not as good as Floyd skillwise

I guess that's the joy of being a boxing a fan, it's all so subjective (and that's what makes forums like this so damn addictive.)

For the record biggeorge I read a lot of your posts and agree with many of them but in this case when I consider that vast galaxy of great fighters past and present for you to put PBF in the top 5 skilled fighers of all time is to me, absolute rubbish.

Lets see how PBF goes competing at the highest level at age 43, no I think not, but hey it's only an opinion.
BigG
Well not many people in boxing can do that (fight as good as Bernard at 43).

I know Floyd acts like a dick but he has some of the best defensive skills/counter punching ever in the sport. I have a hard time naming 15-20 fighters more talened than Floyd.

Legacy wise Floyd is not top 10 or top 15 though.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 6 2008, 12:48 AM) [snapback]395010[/snapback]
Well not many people in boxing can do that (fight as good as Bernard at 43).

I know Floyd acts like a dick but he has some of the best defensive skills/counter punching ever in the sport. I have a hard time naming 15-20 fighters more talened than Floyd.

Legacy wise Floyd is not top 10 or top 15 though.

Legacy wise I don't think Floyd is even top 50.

For intsance in another thread going on right now people are arguing PBF's legavy V. Pacman's and I have to agree Pacman has the better lagacy whilst not necassarily being the more complete fighter.

However don't you think leagcy and skills sort of go hand-in-hand?

If you fight the very best fighters then surely to defeat them you need the very best skills?

Yes there are exceptions to the rule and styles do indeed make fights but to consistently beat the best surely you must posses a superior skill set.

Because PBF, especially north of 140, hasn't chosen to fight the best rather than cash his golden ticket amongst other things (which I don't blame him for) then I don't know just how good his skill set is.

I can more accurately gage Manny's skill set because he consistently faces the best.

The reason there remains a question mark over Floyd' s career has more to do with Floyd than anything else.
BigG
I agree for the most part about Floyds opposition above 140 but DLH was a very big win considering Floyd moved up to beat a 154 lb very good champ.

And Judah is a dangerous fighter when in shape.

Hatton knocked out Castillo, stopped Tszyu, and was undefeated. Floyd took his 0.

But when its all said and done I believe Manny will have the greater legacy.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 6 2008, 04:36 AM) [snapback]395017[/snapback]
I agree for the most part about Floyds opposition above 140 but DLH was a very big win considering Floyd moved up to beat a 154 lb very good champ.

And Judah is a dangerous fighter when in shape.

Hatton knocked out Castillo, stopped Tszyu, and was undefeated. Floyd took his 0.

But when its all said and done I believe Manny will have the greater legacy.

Ha ha! I think we are coming to an amicable agreement as opposed to the usual ding-dong, name calling, dummy spitting that usually occurs on these boards.

How disappointing!

DLH five years ago at 154 would've been a big win, but not the part time boxer, fulltime busy(ness)man he is today.

I still laugh my arse off at Oscar getting gassed in a fight where the pace couldn't exactly be called 'taxing' especially after according to him he'd just had the 'best training camp of his life TM'.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Oh and I forgot to mention I'll give Hatton Tszyu (whereas harsher critics won't even give him that) but I won't give him Castillo, man that guy is the definition of shopworn, if he was a race horse he'd have been taken out into a field and shot before ever running in the Ricky Hatton sweepstakes.

Besides I thought Collazo had already taken his '0'. LOL

Sorry I don't need some myopic promoter friendly 'judge' to tell me otherwise, sorta like Joe Cortez telling me a fight has ended in disqualification!
caneman
IMO, PBF isn't even Gene Fullmer or Carmen Basilio great, and that's being nice to PBF. I wish he(PBF) could read the things on the different boards I have read the last 2-3 weeks. Of course in his opinion, I/we would be a racist &/or a hater...hell all most of us want is for him to fight the big 3 @ 147, silly us huh? What kinda fans are we anyhow? How dare us want to see good fights? We are so pitiful to want such a thing from a guy who says he is greater than SRR! Yeah right! lmao threaten.gif
torvix2000
I noticed that losses don't really count much against greatness.
caneman
PBF could be a greater fight with a few 'L's" on his record IMO.
torvix2000
Yeah! He could have pushed himself to the limits. Fought an excellent fighter who people thought he was really avoiding. Suffer a loss. Came back. And then beat the guy.

He never tried.
torvix2000
Floyd Mayweather should have just fought Cotto, Mosley without arguments. So what if they have good chances of beating him.
caneman
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Jul 6 2008, 10:04 AM) [snapback]395027[/snapback]
Floyd Mayweather should have just fought Cotto, Mosley without arguments. So what if they have good chances of beating him.

Not to mention Pwill & Margarito. The bottom line for me is that JUST skills & talent doesn't make you a GREAT fighter..fighting great fights does!
The Original MrFactor
Pac man over the last 4 or 5 years has had several career defining fights. We will look at several of Manny's fights on ESPN classic in a few years. We wont see too many of mayweather's fights from the last 5 years because he has not fought the best of his division.

People here keep talking about Floyds skills as if that the only thing we measure fighters by. Skills allow you to do your craft well, but actually performing against the best counts for even more. Manny has consistently put himself against top competition. Mayweather has not. When its all said and done, we will say that manny had a complete career. Mayweather's ended with questions. How would he have done against Cotto? How would he have done against Margarito/Williams/Clottey?

I dont think we'll have similar questions when manny is done. in fact he could retire today and people would praise him because he fought everybody.
caneman
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jul 6 2008, 10:28 AM) [snapback]395029[/snapback]
Pac man over the last 4 or 5 years has had several career defining fights. We will look at several of Manny's fights on ESPN classic in a few years. We wont see too many of mayweather's fights from the last 5 years because he has not fought the best of his division.

People here keep talking about Floyds skills as if that the only thing we measure fighters by. Skills allow you to do your craft well, but actually performing against the best counts for even more. Manny has consistently put himself against top competition. Mayweather has not. When its all said and done, we will say that manny had a complete career. Mayweather's ended with questions. How would he have done against Cotto? How would he have done against Margarito/Williams/Clottey?

I dont think we'll have similar questions when manny is done. in fact he could retire today and people would praise him because he fought everybody.

co-sizzle...and Pac won't stop & Will fight the best he can, @ best, PBF will wait for Pwill,Cotto & Margarito to beat the shit outta each other & then MAYBE fight the winners. I have the feeling that once Campbell/Guzman & Casa/JMM fight, he will fight them. Juan Diaz/Pacman would be interest as well. Hell on another site, Nate has an open letter to Pacman when IMO he should be worried about Guzman...I feel that is a mistake by Nate, he might not even win that fight. My point is that Pacman will make all those fights & PBF won't do shit besides run his mouth!
D-MARV
Floyd by far is the more talented boxer but I have to say Manny will be greater if Mayweather stays retired! Manny took on better challenges and was the more exciting fighter! I think Mayweather should have fought Casamayor, Cotto, Mosley and Tszyu! That would have been enough to quailfy as an all time great! Although he still has the chance to fight Cotto and Mosley, so he can still add to his legacy!

By The Way... Margarito does absolutely nothing to Floyd's legacy. Floyd would make that fight look so easy that people would start saying, "that fight was a safe fight!"
King Eugene
WOW I cant believe this is even being discussed. Everybody knows that if they fought (which wont happen) at a catch weight Floyd would whop his ass just like he did Hatton. Everybody is considered to be the next best thing until Mayweather gets a hold of them.
D-MARV
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jul 6 2008, 06:12 PM) [snapback]395070[/snapback]
WOW I cant believe this is even being discussed. Everybody knows that if they fought (which wont happen) at a catch weight Floyd would whop his ass just like he did Hatton. Everybody is considered to be the next best thing until Mayweather gets a hold of them.

I agree that Mayweather would Knock Manny Pac out but head to head doesn't translate into all time great status!
You have to look at there individual records! That favors Manny Pac! He has taken on the better competition!

Take Eric Morales and Zahir Raheem for example.

Head to Head Zahir played with Morales but if you put them on all time great status, Morales ranks much much higher!
kidbazooka1
Manny Pac IMO is the greater fighter.
The CEO
I don't think this should be discussed either. Floyd is "greater".

He has transcended the sport on a World scale. He has made way more money in the profession. He has only had one close fight where some people thought he lost....and although he could fight 2 or 3 more against challenging competition (where I'm 90% sure he beat them)....his resume is strong enough....

and remember....Pacquiao has losses.....whether we like it or not (i.e. Calzaghe being undefeated with all the bums he fought at home)....a fighter's record is HUGE....he's officially lost three and drawn twice...

which leads me to this......I personally feel Pacquiao ALSO lost the rematch to JMM....that is recent.....but come on, guys.....your hate is not nearly as justified as let's say....a Hatton Hater's.
D-MARV
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 6 2008, 07:22 PM) [snapback]395075[/snapback]
I don't think this should be discussed either. Floyd is "greater".

He has transcended the sport on a World scale. He has made way more money in the profession. He has only had one close fight where some people thought he lost....and although he could fight 2 or 3 more against challenging competition (where I'm 90% sure he beat them)....his resume is strong enough....

and remember....Pacquiao has losses.....whether we like it or not (i.e. Calzaghe being undefeated with all the bums he fought at home)....a fighter's record is HUGE....he's officially lost three and drawn twice...

which leads me to this......I personally feel Pacquiao ALSO lost the rematch to JMM....that is recent.....but come on, guys.....your hate is not nearly as justified as let's say....a Hatton Hater's.

You bring up some very good points thumbsup_anim.gif
BoxingStill#1
I think if Floyed were to take the fight between the winner of Cotto and Margarito we wouldnt even be having this thread.......
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 6 2008, 06:39 PM) [snapback]395072[/snapback]
I agree that Mayweather would Knock Manny Pac out but head to head doesn't translate into all time great status!
You have to look at there individual records! That favors Manny Pac! He has taken on the better competition!

Take Eric Morales and Zahir Raheem for example.

Head to Head Zahir played with Morales but if you put them on all time great status, Morales ranks much much higher!

I understand where your coming from but I dont see how you can believe he is a greater fighter. Of course he fought so called better competition than Money but look how Manny fights went down. He had a controversial win just like Mayweather did. Mayweather came back and whopped him (Castilio) real good the second time around. When Pac rematched his controversial loses they where still just as close. BY NO MEANS AM I SAYING PAC ISNT A GOOD FIGHTER! My personal opinion is, he isnt better than Floyd. Technically I dont see a flaw in his game.

Ok and check this out, I read a thread earlier that said Pac fought a lot of hard fights earlier in his career (which I'm not disagreeing with) and now he is just fighting the big money fights. Mayweather done the same thing but when he picked his big money fights, it was him promoting himself instead of a promoter so he had to come off more arrogant and cocky just to sell the fight cause he didnt have a promoter that would do it for him (which was his choice). I dont care when nobody says, Mayweather has fought and beat some good fighters. He is almost like a Hopkins in a way...once he's done with them they are not the same fighter. Look at Judah (nuff said) and I'm a big Judah fan, look at Hatton, he didnt look too good in his last fight but a win is a win and hell I'll take it however I get it, and believe it or not Oscar won but he took a hell of a beating to get the win. So I wasnt upset at all when Mayweather took the big money fights instead of the new up and comers trying to make a name for themselves by beating him. Yea other fighters done it for him, thats how he got his belts but hell life aint fair. Get it while you can.

And to be honest if I was Cotto I'd do Mayweather like Duran did Leonard. I know thats not his character nor do he care to fight Mayweather but if he really wanted the fight he could get it.

With all that being said, I still think Mayweather is greater! STAY RETIRED!!!
imperial
Right now Floyd but if Manny accomplishes a little more it will be the Pac Man ..Even though Floyd hung them up early he can't be denied his accolades ..
D-MARV
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jul 6 2008, 08:40 PM) [snapback]395085[/snapback]
I understand where your coming from but I dont see how you can believe he is a greater fighter. Of course he fought so called better competition than Money but look how Manny fights went down. He had a controversial win just like Mayweather did. Mayweather came back and whopped him (Castilio) real good the second time around. When Pac rematched his controversial loses they where still just as close. BY NO MEANS AM I SAYING PAC ISNT A GOOD FIGHTER! My personal opinion is, he isnt better than Floyd. Technically I dont see a flaw in his game.

Ok and check this out, I read a thread earlier that said Pac fought a lot of hard fights earlier in his career (which I'm not disagreeing with) and now he is just fighting the big money fights. Mayweather done the same thing but when he picked his big money fights, it was him promoting himself instead of a promoter so he had to come off more arrogant and cocky just to sell the fight cause he didnt have a promoter that would do it for him (which was his choice). I dont care when nobody says, Mayweather has fought and beat some good fighters. He is almost like a Hopkins in a way...once he's done with them they are not the same fighter. Look at Judah (nuff said) and I'm a big Judah fan, look at Hatton, he didnt look too good in his last fight but a win is a win and hell I'll take it however I get it, and believe it or not Oscar won but he took a hell of a beating to get the win. So I wasnt upset at all when Mayweather took the big money fights instead of the new up and comers trying to make a name for themselves by beating him. Yea other fighters done it for him, thats how he got his belts but hell life aint fair. Get it while you can.

And to be honest if I was Cotto I'd do Mayweather like Duran did Leonard. I know thats not his character nor do he care to fight Mayweather but if he really wanted the fight he could get it.

With all that being said, I still think Mayweather is greater! STAY RETIRED!!!

Oh I totally agree with everything you said! You bring up some valid arguments! This is really a hard question! Maybe Im just leaning towards Manny Pac because Im caught up in the heat of the moment! Im a little upset that we might not get too see Mayweather-Cotto and meanwhile Manny Pac just dominated Diaz and now being lined up to fight Valero and Hatton!

I do believe Mayweather is being underappreciated and people allow his lifestyle and cocky attitude to outweigh is contributions to the sport. His wins over Hatton, De La Hoya (Which IMHO was a much greater risk than Margarito), and his second win over Castillo, as well as his utter destructions of Coralles and Gatti were all solid victories and has solidified his spot in the Hall of Fame!

With that being said, They are both great fighters and this is a very close call. The difference being that Mayweather has now retired and Manny Pac is still fighting some solid competition.
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 6 2008, 09:16 PM) [snapback]395089[/snapback]
Oh I totally agree with everything you said! You bring up some valid arguments! This is really a hard question! Maybe Im just leaning towards Manny Pac because Im caught up in the heat of the moment! Im a little upset that we might not get too see Mayweather-Cotto and meanwhile Manny Pac just dominated Diaz and now being lined up to fight Valero and Hatton!

I do believe Mayweather is being underappreciated and people allow his lifestyle and cocky attitude to outweigh is contributions to the sport. His wins over Hatton, De La Hoya (Which IMHO was a much greater risk than Margarito), and his second win over Castillo, as well as his utter destructions of Coralles and Gatti were all solid victories and has solidified his spot in the Hall of Fame!

With that being said, They are both great fighters and this is a very close call. The difference being that Mayweather has now retired and Manny Pac is still fighting some solid competition.

Yep yep thats the big difference, to go along with Mayweather not fighting, he is still running his mouth. LOL That damn Mayweather!
Douchebag
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 6 2008, 09:16 PM) [snapback]395089[/snapback]

I give Mayweather very little credit for his wins over Gatti and Hatton. Those where two EXTREMELY safe fights for him.
caneman
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jul 7 2008, 08:58 AM) [snapback]395118[/snapback]
I give Mayweather very little credit for his wins over Gatti and Hatton. Those where two EXTREMELY safe fights for him.

So was DLH & Hatton really. The 3 fights @ 147 & throw in Mosley would be doing something IMO! I guess people see things differently but I still believe that PBF could be a greater fight with 2-3 loses if he really tested himself when doing so! I just like the old school way of thinking...fight the best you can & you'll get the big $$$...PBF got the big money by fighting DLH & Hatton which is fine but saying you are better then SRR when you could squeeze a pimple on the man's ass is crazy when you'll never have the heart he did by fighting the best! aggressive.gif
Sugar Q
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Jul 6 2008, 09:04 AM) [snapback]395027[/snapback]

Im a Cotto and a Mosley fan but where were you people when Floyd offered fights to both guys and both turned him down?
Since when does the challengers call the shot against the champion. PBF came up from 130 lbs and was smart enough to know that 147 is not his natural weight so he fought some of the best guys there and got out (very smart man). As for you guys saying a loss is a good thing as the throwback fighters did. How many of you are contributing to their retirement funds or their medical bills from all those wars? A smart fighter wouldnt wanna be another sad story just for the sake of some sick thrills and tho I would LOVE to see PBF/Cotto have any of you paid close attention to the way Cotto responds to a possible PBF showdown. He doesnt look very enthusiastic about that fight just like he didnt when the fight was offered at 140. If the fight was never offered to Cotto I would feel slighted but to allow Cotto, Mosley or anyone to dictate when a fight takes place would be crazy. Hopefully PBF will stand on his word and stay retired undefeated, 5 division champion with absolutely nothing left to prove.
U.S. Champ
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Jul 7 2008, 11:09 AM) [snapback]395131[/snapback]
Im a Cotto and a Mosley fan but where were you people when Floyd offered fights to both guys and both turned him down?
Since when does the challengers call the shot against the champion. PBF came up from 130 lbs and was smart enough to know that 147 is not his natural weight so he fought some of the best guys there and got out (very smart man). As for you guys saying a loss is a good thing as the throwback fighters did. How many of you are contributing to their retirement funds or their medical bills from all those wars? A smart fighter wouldnt wanna be another sad story just for the sake of some sick thrills and tho I would LOVE to see PBF/Cotto have any of you paid close attention to the way Cotto responds to a possible PBF showdown. He doesnt look very enthusiastic about that fight just like he didnt when the fight was offered at 140. If the fight was never offered to Cotto I would feel slighted but to allow Cotto, Mosley or anyone to dictate when a fight takes place would be crazy. Hopefully PBF will stand on his word and stay retired undefeated, 5 division champion with absolutely nothing left to prove.

I'm a serious Cotto fan myself and I make the excuse that he wasn't ready yet but Mosley can't use that one. Though truthfully Floyd would whoop both of them and Pacman at 140 so what is the argument?
Nay_Sayer
Didn't Paquiao get outboxed by both Morales and Marquez?
Tha Docta
QUOTE(U.S. Champ @ Jul 7 2008, 02:10 PM) [snapback]395143[/snapback]
I'm a serious Cotto fan myself and I make the excuse that he wasn't ready yet but Mosley can't use that one. Though truthfully Floyd would whoop both of them and Pacman at 140 so what is the argument?

i should hope that floyd could beat a guy that started fighting at close to 106lbs. and i dont know why people even fight anymore since this poster above clearly already knows the outcome of these fights.

and someone posted earlier that floyd beatdown JL Castillo in the rematch. i thought the 2nd fight was pretty close as well.

i think cotto, and paul williams are 2 guys that can beat floyd at 147.
D-MARV
I dont see why people dont give Mayweather credit for beating Hatton!!!

I remember a lot of people picking Hatton to beat Mayweather. I thought that Mayweather fought a perfect fight and really displayed his talents well.
Come on! give me a break...
I give Mayweather credit for knocking out Ricky Hatton! Nobody else has done it!
Douchebag
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 7 2008, 05:32 PM) [snapback]395162[/snapback]
I dont see why people dont give Mayweather credit for beating Hatton!!!

I remember a lot of people picking Hatton to beat Mayweather. I thought that Mayweather fought a perfect fight and really displayed his talents well.
Come on! give me a break...
I give Mayweather credit for knocking out Ricky Hatton! Nobody else has done it!

He got the KO, but style wise you could not pick a better opponent for Floyd. I don't know who you where talking to but from what I remember the only people that where picking Ricky to win that fight where either British, didn't know anything about boxing. or both.
D-MARV
Stylistically, Margarito would be a much easier fight for Mayweather!

Hatton has quick feet and quick hands, that bothered Mayweather for the first 2 or 3 rounds! Mayweather adjusted and took over from that point.

I think you have to give Mayweather credit for that fight! Ricky Hatton was a undefeated top 10 pound for pound fighter and Mayweather KO'd him!
BigG
Ricky had quick feet but he is also wreckless coming in and Collazo couldn't miss him with his counterpunches. Mayweather gets credit for beating an undefeated (who should have had 1 loss in my book) 140 pound champion but Mosley, Cotto, and PWill pose much bigger problems for Floyd.

The people picking Hatton were Hatton fans/Mayweather haters/British like Conscience said. Hatton never had a chance. Even on the inside he was getting battered.

D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 7 2008, 08:06 PM) [snapback]395175[/snapback]
Ricky had quick feet but he is also wreckless coming in and Collazo couldn't miss him with his counterpunches. Mayweather gets credit for beating an undefeated (who should have had 1 loss in my book) 140 pound champion but Mosley, Cotto, and PWill pose much bigger problems for Floyd.

The people picking Hatton were Hatton fans/Mayweather haters/British like Conscience said. Hatton never had a chance. Even on the inside he was getting battered.

Im not saying Hatton poses the same threat as Mosley, Cotto, or PWIll...
I just don't agree that the Hatton fight should be disregarded and considered a "safe" fight! Sure, there are plenty of bigger challenges for Floyd but the Hatton fight was still a good victory for him.
STEVENSKI
Joe "kickback" Cortez helped PBf a hell of a lot as well in the Hatton fight point blank refusing to allow inside fighting..
D-MARV
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jul 7 2008, 10:04 PM) [snapback]395194[/snapback]
Joe "kickback" Cortez helped PBf a hell of a lot as well in the Hatton fight point blank refusing to allow inside fighting..

LOL!!!!

That is bullsh*t! Floyd had "EVERYTHING" to do with the outcome of that fight. The only assistance he received was from the ring post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.