Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matt Lindland Claims That UFC Contracts Are Illegal
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
snakerattle79
MMANEWS.COM | Matt Lindland Claims That UFC Contracts Are Illegal

Republican House of Representatives candidate and - of course - highly respected middleweight Matt Lindland believes there is something very wrong with the contracts from MMA’s top organization.

The UFC contracts are illegal. Based on the Muhammad Ali (Safety) Act, you cannot be the promoter and the manager at the same time,” Lindland said, “If they are telling you who and when you are going to fight, they are the manager as well as the promoter.”

I am definitely not a lawyer so it is hard to fully judge the validity of the statement, but in reading the Act, Lindland does make a few good points on how much control an organization can have over a fighter.

Lindland also said that one fighter in particular is planning to test the Act in court.

I believe that is what Randy (Couture) is saying as well.”
King Eugene
Damn that would suck. I hope everything comes out and cleans up.
Nasty
This was brought up a long time ago actually and it doesn't affect the UFC, at least not yet. The Ali Act specifically pertains to boxing, if the contracts were illegal then fighters' lawyers wouldn't have them signing them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.