Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: slideshow of 3 month project!
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
caneman
http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/can...nt=c3abe8dc.pbw
I did all the doors & trim, crown molding, shadow boxes, stairs & railings, all the cabinets, shower doors & mantle which some might remember they have already seen! If you click on a pic, it will blow it up!
D-MARV
That's some solid work my man!!! thumbsup_anim.gif
caneman
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 6 2008, 10:07 PM) [snapback]395100[/snapback]
That's some solid work my man!!! thumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks bro, hard to believe that unit is over 30 years old huh? built in 1974...complete remodel from top to bottom!
Spyder
Damn Caneman, looks nice!

Got any pointers for stopping my slab below grade guest house from flooding?

laugh.gif
Douchebag
Thats some good work man. I wish I had the aptitude to be handy like that but I just can't get into that kind of work. All my white friends can't believe that I don't know how to fuck with any of that shits because I'm Dominican. Stereotyping ass mutherfuckers. LOL
caneman
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 7 2008, 08:46 AM) [snapback]395115[/snapback]
Damn Caneman, looks nice!

Got any pointers for stopping my slab below grade guest house from flooding?

laugh.gif

below grade is a hard one bro...it can be done a few ways though! if you can dig away the dirt & let it dry...clean it good(no sand or dirt)geocel might work! http://www.geocelusa.com/php/oic/index.php that shit is really good stuff! i use it all the time for many different things!

QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jul 7 2008, 08:51 AM) [snapback]395116[/snapback]
Thats some good work man. I wish I had the aptitude to be handy like that but I just can't get into that kind of work. All my white friends can't believe that I don't know how to fuck with any of that shits because I'm Dominican. Stereotyping ass mutherfuckers. LOL

lmfao! you are crazy bro...could be worse though...you could have went in a tight end & come out a wide receiver rolleyes.gif
Spyder
I wish that was all that I needed...it's a frame house built on an old ass slab. I dug down pretty deep and poured concrete to try and create a barrier, but it was a pain in the ass and I never finished it. I probably have to float the floor...just putting it off I guess. haha
caneman
Is it a siding house? cause if it is, you might be able to pull the siding, & run some water & ice barrier down over the slab & up a foot past grade....hard to say without seeing it though...you have some pics? On that gelocel stuff, I used that to stop leaks on many different apps! Really amazing stuff & it's even paintable!
Mean Mister Mustard
Looks like a good place to rob once people move in there.
Spyder
Yeah, it's a siding house...how would I seal the seams using that method?
caneman
I would have to look @ it one way or another! but peal & stick/water & ice barrier rocks...you would pull down the siding down to the sheating & run water & ice barrier 8 -12" down below the framing line & for good measure take that geoecel & run a nice beed on the framing(where it hits the slab & @! the bottom of the water & ice barrier)then back fill with dirt & it's fixed! Concrete from what I am understanding will not work....below grade is a major issue on many houses but my method works for sure as I did it on a job & charged them $750 & the next closest bid was over $2000 but they did pay for 2 Mexicans to dig the hole @ $10 per hour times 2! Hit me up if you need to talk about it!
Spyder
Sweet, thanks a lot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.