Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosley vs. Mayorga Officiial
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Douchebag
OK since this is etched in stone I'm going go out and say that if Mosley doesn't KO him it would be a failure in my opinion. Mayo has been KOed by both Tito and Oscar, so if Mosley can't go out and do it to me it would be a waste for Cotto or fight him again. Mosley NEEDS to make a statement in this fight and anything short of the KO isn't going to do it for me.

Oh and for the record I don't think he can do it.
BigG
Mosley by TKO
King Eugene
I hope Mosley stops him brutally. I'm not buying the fight, I'll be at a bar watching it and I know I'm not going to want to be in there all night cause I hate cigarette smoke so hopefully he'll finish him off early!
D-MARV
Sugar Shane TKO6

Similar to Mosley-Vargas II
Jack 1000
Mosley TKO 8

That will be my early prediction. I think Mayo's just too far past it. Once a fighter gets past his early bull wild antics he becomes very beatable. The win over Vargas didn't say much. It was just Mayo beating a fighter more shot than he was. (Although it was a good fight.) Shane is too skilled, even now for a wild man like Mayorga. In fact, I don't even buy into the hype anymore, because almost never does Mayo back up what he says inside the ring.

Jack
rusty_trombone
Ah, a fight against Mayorga. Standing Golden Boy Operating Procedure.

I will forego a serious evaluation of this fight, honestly i don't even consider this a fight. Good news is, we get to hear Mayorga talk trash, that's always great.
JD
Mayorga + Jin = Pure entertainment
EpTXCHAMP
does anyone care about this fight outside of jin and maybe hype lol I kid

Im hoping shane wins cuz I feel bad what has happened to the guy 08 was pretty much a wasted yr and at 37 he does have any to waste

Ill go with shane by UD but like most people I aint spending money on this junk bar hoppin time
The CEO
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 7 2008, 08:41 PM) [snapback]395186[/snapback]

mmmm hmm......and I like that.
Mean Mister Mustard
I asume this will be a JR Middle? If Mayorga shows up in shape anything is possible. If Mosley is going to stop Mayorga it will be due to body shots, I don't expect one punch upstairs to end it.
King Eugene
It'll take more than one punch but either way it goes, he's going down!
dbdbdb
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jul 7 2008, 08:34 PM) [snapback]395184[/snapback]

I will forego a serious evaluation of this fight, honestly i don't even consider this a fight. Good news is, we get to hear Mayorga talk trash, that's always great.

GBP is scraping the barrel again. Mayorga "The Helicopter" is always there for one of the crew to make some quick money.

That will definately be more entertaining than the fight. Plus Jin is fine, always a pleasure to watch her thumbsup_anim.gif
slap
mosley tko9 I will wait the extra week 2 see this fight on Hbo why in the hell is this on ppv who in the hell is going 2 buy this shit
The Original MrFactor
Not interested in this fight, but I'd be surprised if mayorga sees the 8th...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
This fight should be similar to the 2nd Vargas fight. Mosleys' speed will be too much for Mayorga. Mayorga didn't look bad in his last fight, and if he comes in shape it could be a good one. Mosley is coming off a pretty long layoff, and keeps getting older. So who knows really. Mosley probably isn't going to look old in this fight though. Id have to say Mosely by wide unanimous decision.
kidbazooka1
Unlike most here I think this has the potential of being a pretty entertaining fight. Mosley doesn't have the fire power of a DLH(left hook) or Tito. I see Shane taking a UD but wouldn't rule out a Mayo upset.
hardhead
I think this fight could be very good in terms of excitement but I see Shane taking this victory pretty clearly, they'll probably be a few instances where Mayorga has his moments, because Mosley is slowing down a bit and seems to take some shot that he never used to, but his chin is rock solid so I think he can take Mayorga's punch. Mosley will work Mayorga to the body and head and turn up the pressure around the 8th and take over in the championship rounds. I too think it will probably be a decision because Mayorga with all his faults can take a pretty good punch, problem is he catches too many of them...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I predict that after Mosley knocks out Mayo, Golden Boy will wheel him out one last time for Nard to finish him off so he can make some of that nice easy cash! LOL
Then they can all get together at the next Golden Boy Christmas party and raise a toast to Mayo!
D-MARV
QUOTE(slap @ Jul 7 2008, 11:38 PM) [snapback]395210[/snapback]
mosley tko9 I will wait the extra week 2 see this fight on Hbo why in the hell is this on ppv who in the hell is going 2 buy this shit

Certainly not PPV worthy, though, I may buy it if there is a decent undercard!

Maybe a Berto fight to build up a Berto-Mosley fight that I hear may be on the horizon!
Spyder

Are they hooking up now? Shane is gonna be pissed!!

laugh.gif

Shane was always better as a fast, active fighter...compared to the pot shotting, BALCO fighter. I think if Shane goes in there looking for the KO he will lose by one. Shane needs to let his hands go, and let the KO come...because it will.
monzo
...PPV??
Chi-Town
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jul 7 2008, 07:34 PM) [snapback]395184[/snapback]

Really? What other Golden Boy fighter has he fought?

I didn't even think about what JD brings up. The friction between Mayorga and Jin Mosely should be highly entertaining
Chi-Town
QUOTE(monzo @ Jul 8 2008, 11:26 AM) [snapback]395258[/snapback]
...PPV??

Unfortunately so. HBO gives dates to fighters 6 or 7 months in advance, regardless as to whether they have an opponent or not. The consequences are that they are always out of TV slots on regular HBO by the time summer rolls around.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 8 2008, 03:09 AM) [snapback]395232[/snapback]
I was thinking before. Not sure what everybody else thinks, but to me I was more interested in the Mosley-Judah fight than the Mosley-Mayorga fight. I remember people not caring for the Judah fight either and I can see where they are coming from also. They gave the same reason I gave for the Mayorga fight. Predictable (Judah fading and getting stopped late) which I can see. But to me I preferred the Judah fight. I liked the idea of seeing Mosley as the slower guy early in the fight for a change and I think Judah would have had the edge over Mosley early. Just seemed more interesting to me.

Interesting observation, and I agree. It seems like initially a lot of people weren't that interested in seeing Mosley fight Judah, but the closer the fight got the more people started coming around to it. That was certainly the case with me, and I sensed it too with a lot of other posters here as well. I don't think that will be the case here. Thing is, with Zab you've got that wild card. He does have that incredible speed and talent, and there's always the chance - slimmer as it gets with each passing failure - that once, just once, he's going to put it all together and give a great performance (or twice, if you count the Spinks rematch). And yeah, it would have been at least novel to see how Mosley dealt with a fighter who actually had hand speed superior to his.

With Mosley-Mayorga, what you see now is what you're going to get. It should be entertaining enough. I also don't think Shane has the power to knock Mayorga out with one shot. He'll have to beat the body into submission, which I expect he'll do. Mosley TKO 9.
U.S. Champ
I expect a very Violent Knockout by Sugar Shane. Mayorga is nothing but a Club fighter with great power, a welterweight Kimbo Slice with no defense
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Jul 8 2008, 12:40 PM) [snapback]395261[/snapback]
Really? What other Golden Boy fighter has he fought?

I didn't even think about what JD brings up. The friction between Mayorga and Jin Mosely should be highly entertaining

uh, golden boy himself
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 8 2008, 04:09 AM) [snapback]395232[/snapback]
I was thinking before. Not sure what everybody else thinks, but to me I was more interested in the Mosley-Judah fight than the Mosley-Mayorga fight. I remember people not caring for the Judah fight either and I can see where they are coming from also. They gave the same reason I gave for the Mayorga fight. Predictable (Judah fading and getting stopped late) which I can see. But to me I preferred the Judah fight. I liked the idea of seeing Mosley as the slower guy early in the fight for a change and I think Judah would have had the edge over Mosley early. Just seemed more interesting to me.

I agree wholeheartidly. It almost makes you wonder, why didnt Mosley just reschedule the judah fight? Maybe he had something to worry about. Judah is tought against guys his size and smaller. Judah would have advantages in speed and possibly power for the 1st half of the fight. I would probably have paid to see this one. Mayorga, No fucking way!!!

On the other hand, why not match Mosley up for a title fight against Berto or Williams? They both are available. The money will be there. Berto is actually a winnable fight for Mosley because Berto is so bad defensively. Williams... Shane has no shot to beat Williams, but he can make some cake and go out on his shield...
CreDog
Definitely not PPV worthy, unless they stack the undercard. Maybe Abner Mares vs Gerry Penalosa and Jeff Lacy.

I would have rather seen a Zab vs Shane.
PR316
As if Mayorga actually has a chance!!... LOL... Some people, I swear.. This is going to be target practice. Mosley will look once again like he's 28 years old and people are going to say he's back. Mosley KO 8.

It also looks like Trinidad vs De La Hoya will possibly happen in December at about 165 pounds. This fight makes more sense for Oscar as his career closer. No idea why anybody thought he would go against Cotto and take a career ending beating.

Tito however is a more winnable fight for Oscar provided that he handles the 160 plus pounds well enough. Its a close enough fight though, seeing how both guys looked in their last go arounds. Oscar is the favorite though and should win but what is guaranteed is fireworks in this one. I think both will let their hands go plenty at center ring.
hardhead
QUOTE(PR316 @ Jul 8 2008, 10:20 PM) [snapback]395300[/snapback]
As if Mayorga actually has a chance!!... LOL... Some people, I swear.. This is going to be target practice. Mosley will look once again like he's 28 years old and people are going to say he's back. Mosley KO 8.
It also looks like Trinidad vs De La Hoya will possibly happen in December at about 165 pounds. This fight makes more sense for Oscar as his career closer. No idea why anybody thought he would go against Cotto and take a career ending beating.
Tito however is a more winnable fight for Oscar provided that he handles the 160 plus pounds well enough. Its a close enough fight though, seeing how both guys looked in their last go arounds. Oscar is the favorite though and should win but what is guaranteed is fireworks in this one. I think both will let their hands go plenty at center ring.

Yea, I don't see DLH being able to move and box like he did the first time around(except for the last 4 rounds where he got on his bike and ran) so I can see this fight being a lot better this time around. You know Trinidad is going to be Trinidad coming forward, and while I'm sure DLH will try to mix it up and box a little, he'll have to stand his ground and fight toe to toe to win. Kind of like how he did with Vargas in the last few rounds..
buford54
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jul 8 2008, 01:41 PM) [snapback]395266[/snapback]
Interesting observation, and I agree. It seems like initially a lot of people weren't that interested in seeing Mosley fight Judah, but the closer the fight got the more people started coming around to it. That was certainly the case with me, and I sensed it too with a lot of other posters here as well. I don't think that will be the case here. Thing is, with Zab you've got that wild card. He does have that incredible speed and talent, and there's always the chance - slimmer as it gets with each passing failure - that once, just once, he's going to put it all together and give a great performance (or twice, if you count the Spinks rematch). And yeah, it would have been at least novel to see how Mosley dealt with a fighter who actually had hand speed superior to his.

With Mosley-Mayorga, what you see now is what you're going to get. It should be entertaining enough. I also don't think Shane has the power to knock Mayorga out with one shot. He'll have to beat the body into submission, which I expect he'll do. Mosley TKO 9.

I agree completely. At least with Judah/Mosely you have the "last chance" moniker going. If either guy loses, he's pretty much a gatekeeper for the division (Zab pretty much is anyway).
Against Mayorga, if Shane loses, he needs to retire. If Mayorga loses, he'll have served his purpose by talking trash before the fight. He's pretty much the Jerry Springer of boxing at this point.

Shane should win the fight without a problem.
Yucayeke
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 8 2008, 12:41 AM) [snapback]395186[/snapback]

Ah JD, that alone will be worth the price admission
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(PR316 @ Jul 8 2008, 06:20 PM) [snapback]395300[/snapback]

yeah, i'm pretty sure that is the point of this fight
Chi-Town
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jul 8 2008, 02:11 PM) [snapback]395281[/snapback]
uh, golden boy himself

So fighting two fighters from the same stable over a 2 1/2 year period makes it "standard procedure"?
hardhead
I heard this fight is now going to be on HBO. Anybody else hear the same?
woooooo
QUOTE(hardhead @ Aug 5 2008, 04:50 PM) [snapback]399178[/snapback]
I heard this fight is now going to be on HBO. Anybody else hear the same?

Yea it got moved to regular HBO. It went from Oct. 11th PPV to Sept 27th regular HBO.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Aug 5 2008, 05:11 PM) [snapback]399172[/snapback]
So fighting two fighters from the same stable over a 2 1/2 year period makes it "standard procedure"?

Yes.
worldsapart509
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Aug 5 2008, 03:08 PM) [snapback]399194[/snapback]
Yes.

Wrong! Mayo is with King and Shane wanted to fight Judah.

I see Shane giving Mayorga the biggest beating of his life! Shane KOs Mayo in 7.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(worldsapart509 @ Aug 5 2008, 07:30 PM) [snapback]399197[/snapback]
Wrong! Mayo is with King and Shane wanted to fight Judah.

I see Shane giving Mayorga the biggest beating of his life! Shane KOs Mayo in 7.

WTF are you talking about? I'm not even going to waste my time explaining it. Read the rest of the thread.
worldsapart509
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Aug 5 2008, 03:46 PM) [snapback]399199[/snapback]
WTF are you talking about? I'm not even going to waste my time explaining it. Read the rest of the thread.

I did! No one is asking you to do anything, but in case you missed it I'll rephrase my post.

Shane beats the hell out of Mayo and KOs him in the 7th. Chi-town asked you a question about standard procedure, you answered "yes" and I replied with a short explanation as to why I felt you were wrong. That's all, nothing to difficult to follow, but I'm sorry if it caused any confusion.
D-MARV
I think Shane stops him very late, 11th or 12th!!!

I don't think Mayorga will take the beating he took against Trinidad!
worldsapart509
I don't think Mayo will be able to handle Shane's speed. Mayo has a great chin but terrible defense, he wont know how to handle Shane's speed. The fight should start looking pretty one sided by the 3rd with Mayo's face looking bad by the 5th.
kidbazooka1
Should be a fun fight.

Mosley by UD.
WolfishPromistah
"He's [Mayorga's] pretty much the Jerry Springer of boxing at this point."

^^^ No "TRUE-er" words about the Nicaraguan man "haf" been spoken.

Any press conferences with Mrs. M (Jin) & Mr. M (Mayorga) talkin' will surely outdo the fight, on any day of the week. 'Matter of fact, I really hope Mayorga holds back on that 'cause I don't think we've EVER seen Shane mad, and -- goodness! -- Mayorga can "probably" get him there.
Method
This fight is whack.

The Mosley's made a big mistake, IMO, in cxling the Judah fight. It was a much more sellable fight, at least IMO, and Shane would have wiped the mat with him...higher profile win, IMO.

Mayorga is straight recycled garbage.
ROLL DEEP
Looking forward to the fight...only for Mayo's pre fight antics and I do actually like Shan and will be rooting for him....but what a stupid fight.
D-MARV
Does anyone know how much Shane is making?
Fitz
I'm taking Mosley by UD. I think it depends on whether Mayorga's chin has deteriorated a great deal after Tito and DLH on whether Mosley can stop him. If Mayorga does still have his steady chin and it's still on par with his chin in the DLH fight, I don't think Mosley stops him. Mosley's power is nothing special at 154, I think Mayorga can take his shot 12 rounds if his chin hasn't been cracked too bad.
If it has been cracked quite a bit, that's a different story. All I know is, the Mayorga that showed up against Tito. There's no way that one gets stopped by Mosley at 154.
Big Slim Sweet
I'm pretty sure Mosley can't crack Mayo's chin, whether it's already been permanently dented or not. His body though I think Shane can get to.

Should be a one-sided fight and it may goes the distance. I don't think people will be impressed with Mosley if it does.
Fitz
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Aug 7 2008, 02:58 AM) [snapback]399332[/snapback]
I'm pretty sure Mosley can't crack Mayo's chin, whether it's already been permanently dented or not. His body though I think Shane can get to.

Should be a one-sided fight and it may goes the distance. I don't think people will be impressed with Mosley if it does.

Yep. Mayorga has shown he can be hurt to the body, so I suppose that's also a possibility. Mosley will have to invest quite a bit to the body. That said, I think Mosley will find it hard to crack Mayorga's chin like you said. Mosley's best KO performance in recent times was against Vargas and that's nothing to write home about. Even Mayorga at 166 was able to hurt Vargas there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.