Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The NFL Thread
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
JD
This is our yearly NFL thread. We go July to July...

Let's start it up. Warlord...hardhead...you can continue if you like, or call a truce till the Saints and Falcons play - whatever week that is.

I might be in the minority, but I cannot imagine an NFL season without Favre and hope he does end up back and under center for Green Bay...even if he is acting like a chick with all this indecision.
Spyder
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 8 2008, 08:02 AM) [snapback]395241[/snapback]
This is our yearly NFL thread. We go July to July...

Let's start it up. Warlord...hardhead...you can continue if you like, or call a truce till the Saints and Falcons play - whatever week that is.

I might be in the minority, but I cannot imagine an NFL season without Favre and hope he does end up back and under center for Green Bay...even if he is acting like a chick with all this indecision.

Damn you JD!!! I was enjoying what Whorelord herself called "watching two retards call each other stupid!"

Anyway, both of you monkies can throw shit back and forth from your shithole zoos, while the Pirates of Tampa sail on to glory...which will undoubtedly be a losing record that causes Chucky to walk the plank.

laugh.gif
Spyder
rusty_trombone
The only question is, just how easy it will be for the Giants to repeat? I'm gonna go with fairly easy, since Eli is the man and somehow uses his retard strength to win games. He's like an idiot savant, the forrest gump of qb's, and he piloted my team to a championship. That's my boy!
JD
No shot the Giants repeat...I would not even bet on them making the playoffs, especially with that division.
Bill The Butcher
I'm looking forward to New England Patriots coming to Seattle. Seahawks are hard to beat at Qwest Field. From what I have heard and read, Qwest Field is the loudest. The Seahawks defense is geared for quickness, and I'm curious to see how Tom Brady and Co. handle the noise and "D."

I think the Seahawks are trying to mimic what the Giants had. With all those great players up front. They grabbed Defensive End, Lawrence Jackson from USC in the first round of the draft to add to their depth at the line. This allows Patrick Kerney to stay fresh with a rotation of Jackson and Daryll Tapp. They also added Red Bryant and Triplett as Defensive tackles. If Marcus Tubbs can stay healthy, that would be a huge plus. All of the defensive starters are returning.

The Seahawks revamped the running game and added a Pro Bowler and Coach to their offensive line.

Watch out for the Seahawks! Super Bowl!
imperial
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 8 2008, 02:43 PM) [snapback]395277[/snapback]
No shot the Giants repeat...I would not even bet on them making the playoffs, especially with that division.

Typical response from a Jet fan ! fuck.gif J/K

And why would you say that ? I hope you don't think Dallas is winning the divison or the Eagles ..Its all good no one beleived that we would even win the the superbowl but hey who had the last laugh ..The Giants play much better when everyone doubts them ..

But so you know we are still SUPER BOWL CHAMPS !
JD
QUOTE(imperial @ Jul 10 2008, 09:35 PM) [snapback]395497[/snapback]
Typical response from a Jet fan ! fuck.gif J/K

And why would you say that ? I hope you don't think Dallas is winning the divison or the Eagles ..Its all good no one beleived that we would even win the the superbowl but hey who had the last laugh ..The Giants play much better when everyone doubts them ..

But so you know we are still SUPER BOWL CHAMPS !

LOL...you know it, baby! Good God do I hope Kellen Clemens does not win the job - he is FUCKING AWFUL!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I say that because the Giants were never all that great of a team last year, they just got hot at the right time and had the type of personnel to bother the Patriots. Terrific run, no doubt...all credit to them for EARNING a Super Bowl win.

I think they will miss Strahan's leadership...I think Eli will be good - not great...I think Plax will be a problem...I have no idea what is up with Bradshaw. Add to that the fact that I think the Cowboys will be very good again, Philly will be better and so will Washington...I think the G-Men will have a tough time this year.
Warlord
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 8 2008, 12:21 PM) [snapback]395263[/snapback]
Damn you JD!!! I was enjoying what Whorelord herself called "watching two retards call each other stupid!"

Anyway, both of you monkies can throw shit back and forth from your shithole zoos, while the Pirates of Tampa sail on to glory...which will undoubtedly be a losing record that causes Chucky to walk the plank.

laugh.gif

Do me a favor and swallow some bleach, Piker.
Spyder
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jul 11 2008, 12:30 AM) [snapback]395506[/snapback]
Do me a favor and swallow some bleach, Piker.

Sorry chica, but your mom used very last drop of bleach to clean her snatch from the brown stain you left behind.

Go Bucs!!

thumbsup_anim.gif
imperial
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 10 2008, 10:02 PM) [snapback]395500[/snapback]
LOL...you know it, baby! Good God do I hope Kellen Clemens does not win the job - he is FUCKING AWFUL!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I say that because the Giants were never all that great of a team last year, they just got hot at the right time and had the type of personnel to bother the Patriots. Terrific run, no doubt...all credit to them for EARNING a Super Bowl win.

I think they will miss Strahan's leadership...I think Eli will be good - not great...I think Plax will be a problem...I have no idea what is up with Bradshaw. Add to that the fact that I think the Cowboys will be very good again, Philly will be better and so will Washington...I think the G-Men will have a tough time this year.

Never a great team lol I love it,I know its difficult for you as a Jet fan to admit how great of a run that was and how great of a win that was as well ..That will go down as one of the greatest vitories in super bowl history ..I know what people think about Eli and Palx but they proved all the doubters wrong and will continue to do so ..And the main reason the Cowbitches won't do jack is Wade Phillips ! I don't care if you give him an all star team he will always manage to screw it up !! Gmen will be right back in the hunt !!

Mino
Favre asked for his release from Green Bay....They better hope he doesnt go and sign with Chicago or Minnesota, that would be very ugly for the Pack...
Mino
QUOTE(imperial @ Jul 11 2008, 05:27 PM) [snapback]395553[/snapback]
Never a great team lol I love it,I know its difficult for you as a Jet fan to admit how great of a run that was and how great of a win that was as well ..That will go down as one of the greatest vitories in super bowl history ..I know what people think about Eli and Palx but they proved all the doubters wrong and will continue to do so ..And the main reason the Cowbitches won't do jack is Wade Phillips ! I don't care if you give him an all star team he will always manage to screw it up !! Gmen will be right back in the hunt !!

Fuck The G-Spots..The Cowboys are winning the division and gonna smack those bitches twice this year!!!!!
JD
QUOTE(imperial @ Jul 11 2008, 05:27 PM) [snapback]395553[/snapback]

Ehhhh...you can read, can't you Imp?

I know how great of a run it was...LOL...I fucking said the following:

"Anyway, I say that because the Giants were never all that great of a team last year, they just got hot at the right time and had the type of personnel to bother the Patriots. Terrific run, no doubt...all credit to them for EARNING a Super Bowl win."
Don Flamenco
Any of you all want to have fighthype fantasy football league this year?
Mino
QUOTE(Don Flamenco @ Jul 11 2008, 08:02 PM) [snapback]395573[/snapback]

Im Down
hardhead
QUOTE(Don Flamenco @ Jul 12 2008, 12:02 AM) [snapback]395573[/snapback]

No.
imperial
QUOTE(Mino @ Jul 11 2008, 05:35 PM) [snapback]395556[/snapback]
Fuck The G-Spots..The Cowboys are winning the division and gonna smack those bitches twice this year!!!!!

Still haven't got over that stomping we put on your bitch ass team !! !I love it how TO cried just call us your daddy !!

Your team ain't winning shit !!

Ehhhh...you can read, can't you Imp?

I know how great of a run it was...LOL...I fucking said the following:

"Anyway, I say that because the Giants were never all that great of a team last year, they just got hot at the right time and had the type of personnel to bother the Patriots. Terrific run, no doubt...all credit to them for EARNING a Super Bowl win

U know I get emotional when it concerns my team lol Your right u did give them credit ..But as far as the cow whores fuck em laugh.gif
Don Flamenco
Here is the Fight Hype fantasy football league if any of you are interested.

the ID# is 149107 and the Password is 323817001

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/fight_hype
JD
So where does Brett play?

Spyder
He'll be in Tampa.

BA-LEED-DAT!
JD
Seems to be the best fit...that or Washington and Snyder's love for the big name...though Thompson said he will not trade him within the NFC under any circumstances.

I get the sense he may end up back in GB, but it can only work if he starts. If he is the backup, the first bad pass on that opening Monday Night will have the entire stadium chanting "We want Favre...."
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 16 2008, 01:16 PM) [snapback]395949[/snapback]
He'll be in Tampa.

BA-LEED-DAT!

he is old, and florida does love their retirees. and Gruden loves old players.
Warlord
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 16 2008, 12:16 PM) [snapback]395949[/snapback]
He'll be in Tampa.

BA-LEED-DAT!

He said he wanted to play for a contender, which kind of rules out the Sucs doesn't it?

And don't waste your breath, I know the Falcons are the worst team in the NFL.
hardhead
Giants to trade Shockey to Saints

I really like this move. Considering that after Colston we need some legit targets in the open field(plus Brees loves to hit the TE), and he's a very good blocker and can seal those blocks for Reggie and Thomas on the outside. Obviously his health is always a concern but I'll take that risk. He'll also might bring that fire and intensity that this team needs. It says we're giving up a 2nd and a 5th. Basically the same deal we offered them earlier in the year.
JD
UGH!

Shockey is a douche, he is a headache in the locker room, and he drops big passes.

He is a talent, but he is coming off a terrible leg injury and he did not come cheap.
hardhead
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 21 2008, 11:39 PM) [snapback]396573[/snapback]
UGH!

Shockey is a douche, he is a headache in the locker room, and he drops big passes.

He is a talent, but he is coming off a terrible leg injury and he did not come cheap.

laugh.gif

Well I know how you feel about the move..laugh.gif

JD
LOL...

I mean, he is a talent and can help...no doubt. Defenses will need to have a safety pay attention to him, which means he can help the passing and the running game...but he is a total cock and drops some big balls.

Hopefully it works out for both. I do know this, I would not want to be a Giants fan and have to see him in a game that matters even if he does drop some big passes...because you know he feeds off the tiniest bit of motivation.

Time will tell, but a 2nd and a 5th is no small fee.
Warlord
QUOTE(hardhead @ Jul 21 2008, 04:53 PM) [snapback]396568[/snapback]
Giants to trade Shockey to Saints

I really like this move. Considering that after Colston we need some legit targets in the open field(plus Brees loves to hit the TE), and he's a very good blocker and can seal those blocks for Reggie and Thomas on the outside. Obviously his health is always a concern but I'll take that risk. He'll also might bring that fire and intensity that this team needs. It says we're giving up a 2nd and a 5th. Basically the same deal we offered them earlier in the year.

He's a great pick-up... if you're playing Madden 2009, and can do that save-load trick everytime he gets hurt.

As for reality... well... he'll be awesome until he gets hurt... which should be somewhere right around week 4.

Shockey's a stud, it's just too bad he never plays.
ROLL DEEP
Blah, blah, blah....

Rubbish American football... ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....... laugh.gif

Saying that, I watched the '07 superbowl with a friend. It was showing on UK tv so we stopped up to watch it and it was pretty fun to watch to be fair.

Still don't know how you can speak about it for 20 odd pages though......
Spyder
The Farve-Gruden reunion should happen anyday now...

laugh.gif
imperial
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 22 2008, 02:35 PM) [snapback]396691[/snapback]

laugh.gif

Apparently they are the leading candidates ..
hardhead
JD, all reports out of camp is that Vilma is looking fantastic and all over the ball. I'm trying to hard to hold back thoughts of Sam Mills since it's only the first 3 days of camp and they're not hitting yet..laugh.gif
JD
As much as I loved Sam Mills, Vilma when healthy is a better player...sideline to sideline. The guy is unreal...you are going to love him.

Just hope the Saints limit him to less than 85% of the snaps, otherwise the Shockey pick becomes a 1 due to the Vilma pick becoming a 2.
hardhead
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 27 2008, 05:07 PM) [snapback]397491[/snapback]
As much as I loved Sam Mills, Vilma when healthy is a better player...sideline to sideline. The guy is unreal...you are going to love him.

Just hope the Saints limit him to less than 85% of the snaps, otherwise the Shockey pick becomes a 1 due to the Vilma pick becoming a 2.

It's my understanding from the General Manager Mickey Loomis that is a possibility(the Giants getting a 1st in 2010 and the Jets a 2nd in 09) but that it's likely not to happen, which to me means they anticipated that situation and have moves in place to not let that happen. He would not say what it was exactly but I think it might have something to do with resigning him before the season is over(in addition to the 85% snaps), in which case we could agree with Vilma in principle and just wait till the season is ended, franchise him until after the 09 draft, and then extend his deal.
JD
I mean...yeah...it can easily be controlled. Just play Vilma is 84% of the defensive snaps, which means he is on the sideline 1 out of every 5 plays...that should not be too much of a problem.

First preseason game on Sunday!!!!
hardhead
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 29 2008, 12:28 PM) [snapback]397858[/snapback]
I mean...yeah...it can easily be controlled. Just play Vilma is 84% of the defensive snaps, which means he is on the sideline 1 out of every 5 plays...that should not be too much of a problem.

First preseason game on Sunday!!!!

Word out of camp is that Adrian Arrington has been fucking shit up, all over the field catching everything in sight, looking smooth running routes. It's still early but who knows, we might've struck gold again with these late round WR's...Other good news Meachum is looking good and Colston looks like THE beast as always.
JD
Jets in serious talks to land Favre right now...
JD
...'cept Favre doesn't want to play for the Jets. laugh.gif
Warlord
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 22 2008, 01:35 PM) [snapback]396691[/snapback]

laugh.gif

Anymore predictions, Nostradamus?
hitman harding
The pats are going to have a rebuilding year 12- 4 season is about right IMOA.
Depends on if Brady stays healthy.
As for the Jets and Ratmangini 8-8 at best
JD
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Aug 2 2008, 01:32 PM) [snapback]398508[/snapback]
The pats are going to have a rebuilding year 12- 4 season is about right IMOA.
Depends on if Brady stays healthy.
As for the Jets and Ratmangini 8-8 at best

You're still a Pats fan?

I thought for sure you would be a Giants fan this year...though they were close, so you are not ready to jump ship just yet.

As for Mangini and Tannenbaum...f them. And F Belicheck the cheat and the rest of the *Patriots as well.
JD
Favre welcomed back to Packerland...

Will be allowed to compete for the job. Word is, Aaron Rodgers has not been great in training camp. In the end, this is the right move for Green Bay THIS year...but let' see what it does to Rodgers. That is, of course, if this is not simply an attempt to up trade value...

I guess we will know within a couple weeks.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(JD @ Aug 3 2008, 05:34 PM) [snapback]398810[/snapback]
Favre welcomed back to Packerland...

Will be allowed to compete for the job. Word is, Aaron Rodgers has not been great in training camp. In the end, this is the right move for Green Bay THIS year...but let' see what it does to Rodgers. That is, of course, if this is not simply an attempt to up trade value...

I guess we will know within a couple weeks.

Is there any possibility in the world Aaron fucking Rodgers beats out Brett Favre for a starting spot? How dumb could that coach be? Rodgers throws one errant pass, and the entire Packer nation will be slinging cheese and shit at him.
hitman harding
QUOTE(JD @ Aug 2 2008, 04:26 PM) [snapback]398520[/snapback]
You're still a Pats fan?

I thought for sure you would be a Giants fan this year...though they were close, so you are not ready to jump ship just yet.

As for Mangini and Tannenbaum...f them. And F Belicheck the cheat and the rest of the *Patriots as well.

Well said JD i hope the Jets make .500 this year fuck.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Aug 4 2008, 08:05 PM) [snapback]398990[/snapback]

Harrison must have not juiced up before this game.
JD
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Aug 4 2008, 03:11 PM) [snapback]398940[/snapback]
Is there any possibility in the world Aaron fucking Rodgers beats out Brett Favre for a starting spot? How dumb could that coach be? Rodgers throws one errant pass, and the entire Packer nation will be slinging cheese and shit at him.

No shot. No way...no how...no chance.

Imagine the first short hop on the Monday night opener...it is already getting to him actually. In the scrimmage last night, he went 7-20 with 9 straight incomplete passes and a pic...needless to say, all of Lambeau was booing his ass.

This provided it is not all a ploy to up his trade value. But in an open comp...no way does Rodgers beat him out.
JD
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Aug 4 2008, 08:05 PM) [snapback]398990[/snapback]

Does this mean you aren't a Patriots fan anymore?

Damn!
rusty_trombone
Now apparently Favre wants out, this shit is hilarious. And I guess he's pretty adamant about playing for the Bears or Vikings. Can you imagine him in a Bears uniform? WTF do they need him for anyway, the have sexy rexy.
JD
Yeah...this is an abomination.

I have NO IDEA how this ends.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.