Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dawson vs. Tarver
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Chi-Town
Looks like this one will be official by the weekend. I'm not a hateful man by any means, but I can't wait to see Tarver get his ass tore out the frame!!!

I think that this will be Dawson's real coming out party.

Your thoughts?
BigG
I think Johnson's style will always give Dawson trouble more than Tarver's. Tarver's a good counter-punching with some pop, we'll see what happens. I think I'll go with the quicker, younger fighter by decision.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Jul 9 2008, 02:09 PM) [snapback]395369[/snapback]
Looks like this one will be official by the weekend. I'm not a hateful man by any means, but I can't wait to see Tarver get his ass tore out the frame!!!

Your thoughts?

This will definetly be a fight tha catapults him into the top. I think it is unfair that Dawson is getting all this shit for beating Johnson, the guy is fast, hits hard and is going to be very hard for anyone to beat. I think Tarver holds his own in there and goes 12 rounds but Dawson's speed will prove to be the difference.
U.S. Champ
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Jul 9 2008, 02:09 PM) [snapback]395369[/snapback]

Your thoughts?

Seeing Tarver get beat up will almost be as good as sex, He's the only boxer that I can't even force myself to like
D-MARV
I will be the "minority" on this one!

Tarver SD

Don Flamenco
I would have been mch more excited to cheer for Chad Dawson if this fight was held some months ago. After seeing his last fight with Glen Johnson, not so much.
salvador
I would have much rather seen Dawson fight Johnson again. That said, I'm taking Tarver by an extremely boring decision.

Don Flamenco
Getting sleepy just thinking about it lazy2.gif
STEVENSKI
Hoping & praying Tarver gets stretched.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jul 9 2008, 03:57 PM) [snapback]395375[/snapback]
This will definetly be a fight tha catapults him into the top. I think it is unfair that Dawson is getting all this shit for beating Johnson, the guy is fast, hits hard and is going to be very hard for anyone to beat. I think Tarver holds his own in there and goes 12 rounds but Dawson's speed will prove to be the difference.

I dont know now...Tarver is pretty fast too. He was beating Jones to the punch a few times (emphasis on few) in Jones prime. And believe it or not Tarvers chin isnt that bad. I'm not predicting a winner but i'm predicting a good one.
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 9 2008, 05:24 PM) [snapback]395388[/snapback]
I will be the "minority" on this one!

Tarver SD

I'm going for Tarver too!
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jul 9 2008, 07:43 PM) [snapback]395401[/snapback]
Hoping & praying Tarver gets stretched.

LMAO I swear I use to hate Tarver as much as you do!
D-MARV
I actually like Tarver! I always pull for him unless he is fighting Roy Jones.
BigG
I kinda like Tarver for the simple fact that everyone hates him. Hey, someone has to defend him..and Zahir Raheem too laugh.gif
D-MARV
I was a fan of Zahir too!

That Morales fight was great and I was not surprised at all he beat Morales
imperial
Considering Dawson bitched out of a rematch with the Road Warrior im going with Tarver ..
King Eugene
Yea I like Tarver unless he is fighting Roy or Hopkins. Other than that I hope he whoop ass!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jul 9 2008, 08:00 PM) [snapback]395405[/snapback]
I dont know now...Tarver is pretty fast too. He was beating Jones to the punch a few times (emphasis on few) in Jones prime. And believe it or not Tarvers chin isnt that bad. I'm not predicting a winner but i'm predicting a good one.

In his prime.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jul 9 2008, 10:32 PM) [snapback]395420[/snapback]
In his prime.

I take it you dont think he has nothing left? I bet you'll be suprised if the fight really happens how Tarver does. But Honestly I would complain if he got stretched out either! LOL
Boxingjunkie
This should be a great fight. Tarver has lost a step but it still a decent fighter and Dawson is young and fast. Dawson should win a close decision.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jul 9 2008, 10:23 PM) [snapback]395425[/snapback]
I take it you dont think he has nothing left? I bet you'll be suprised if the fight really happens how Tarver does. But Honestly I would complain if he got stretched out either! LOL

I don't think he has enough left to beat Dawson that is for sure.
imperial
I'm picking Tarver to win ..I wasn't impressed with Chads outing against the Road Warrior ..

WAR MILK DUD
Blayde
I agree Johnsons style was bad for Dawson, but because of Chads vulnerability, there are actually quite a lot of styles that are bad for him ... He should be able to outscore Tarver for most of the fight, but what happens if Tarver lands a big left hand? As quick as Dawson is, he is hittable, although his defense seems to be tighter when hes not pressured on the inside.

Im picking Dawson, but this is a really interesting fight. Because of Dawson talents and his shaky chin, pretty mich every big fight including him would be very interesting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.