Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao-Valero almost confirmed for Nov
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Yucayeke
According to Spanish boxing site Todoboxeo.com, the fight is alsmost a done deal.

"Existe prácticamente la confirmación de la realización del combate entre el Filipino Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao, y el Venezolano Edwin Valero luego de conocerse que se realizan negociaciones entre entre Top Rank y Teiken Promotions."

It is practicaly confirmed that the fight between Phillipino Manny Pasquiao and Venezuelan Edwin Valero qill take place after it was known that Top Rank and Teiken Promotion were in negotition.

"Inmformes extraoficiales indican que HBO tiene en su calendario de eventos ese combate para el 8 de noviembre en la ciudad de Houston. El combate seria por el titulo mundial del peso ligero del CMB recién ganado por Pacquiao."

Reports state that HBO has Nov 8 slotted on its schedule as a date for this fight to take place in Houston, TX. The bout would be for the WBC lightweight title just won by manny.

Not sure if this is true,m but if so it would be interesting to see if Valero is actually as good as many say.
hardhead
QUOTE(Yucayeke @ Jul 9 2008, 08:41 PM) [snapback]395384[/snapback]
According to Spanish boxing site Todoboxeo.com, the fight is alsmost a done deal.
"Existe prácticamente la confirmación de la realización del combate entre el Filipino Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao, y el Venezolano Edwin Valero luego de conocerse que se realizan negociaciones entre entre Top Rank y Teiken Promotions."
It is practicaly confirmed that the fight between Phillipino Manny Pasquiao and Venezuelan Edwin Valero qill take place after it was known that Top Rank and Teiken Promotion were in negotition.
"Inmformes extraoficiales indican que HBO tiene en su calendario de eventos ese combate para el 8 de noviembre en la ciudad de Houston. El combate seria por el titulo mundial del peso ligero del CMB recién ganado por Pacquiao."
Reports state that HBO has Nov 8 slotted on its schedule as a date for this fight to take place in Houston, TX. The bout would be for the WBC lightweight title just won by manny.

Not sure if this is true,m but if so it would be interesting to see if Valero is actually as good as many say.

YES!!! If this is true I'm there.

Katsidis/Diaz in Sept, Pacquiao/Valero in November a couple weeks before my B-day..
thumbsup_anim.gif

D-MARV
I feel bad for Valero... tongue.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 9 2008, 09:46 PM) [snapback]395416[/snapback]
This fight is a crappy fight. Valero is just in there because he has a lot of knockouts.

Exactly. Valero's record looks good but he hasn't been in with a fighter that has half of Manny's skills.

Valero should have targeted Soto or Rocky
Mean Mister Mustard
Pacquiao is harder to hit now than before. Plus he can counterpunch better. He's just waiting for JMM to get older.

As far as Valero goes, if he fights like Pacquiao like ha has his other opponents he might get his clock cleaned. Then again, maybe this fight is the one where he shows us what Fisher calls "boxing skills".
CreDog
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 9 2008, 07:35 PM) [snapback]395413[/snapback]

So who should he fight that's not busy?
CreDog
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 10 2008, 10:11 AM) [snapback]395449[/snapback]
I don't know, I haven't checked.

It's more about that I think they are trying to angle this fight into a big fight for Pacquiao. Valero having like 18 first round knockouts and winning every fight by knockout is going to try be angled as a kind of huge fight (that's the way it seems but still early days) when in fact a mismatch. I wouldn't have the thumbs down if it was kind of being looked at as a D.Diaz, Solis or Larios type of fight, but I think they are going to try sell it as a much bigger fight than that.

I hear what your saying, my thing is that if this is on regular HBO- it's a great stay busy fight. One that I think is better than a Diaz fight. However, if this fight is on PPV, they better stack the f'ing undercard because this one will garner less buys than Diaz.
JD
I think this is more than a stay busy fight. It's not like Valero doesn't have the tools...he just doesn't have the discipline in the ring - but it should be wildly entertaining, explosive and even dangerous for Pacquiao.

CreDog
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 10 2008, 10:46 AM) [snapback]395455[/snapback]
I think this is more than a stay busy fight. It's not like Valero doesn't have the tools...he just doesn't have the discipline in the ring - but it should be wildly entertaining, explosive and even dangerous for Pacquiao.

JD-- I agree with you, I meant it more in the context of, the other 135er's being booked up ala (Marquez, Campbell, Diaz and Casa). I think this is a very dangerous fight for Pacman and should be very entertaining for however long it goes.
mexi-cutioner
apparently Pacquiao-Valero is no longer going down,since Arum doesn't want to wait for Valero to be cleared, IF he ends up being cleared by the nevada boxing commission at all. Pacquiao will be fighting Soto in November instead, wiht Valero possibly being on the undercard

http://philboxing.com/news/story-17778.html
BigG
Soto is actually better than Valero and David Diaz IMO..
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Jul 11 2008, 03:03 PM) [snapback]395558[/snapback]
apparently Pacquiao-Valero is no longer going down,since Arum doesn't want to wait for Valero to be cleared, IF he ends up being cleared by the nevada boxing commission at all. Pacquiao will be fighting Soto in November instead, wiht Valero possibly being on the undercard

http://philboxing.com/news/story-17778.html

Why does Valero have to be cleared by Nevada, if the fights taking place in Texas?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.