Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paulie Malignaggi says he would punish Pacquiao
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
He said it in an interview on another site (eastside).

Discuss
JD
Yes...just ask Edner Cherry how punishing he can be.
BigG
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 15 2008, 01:07 AM) [snapback]395805[/snapback]
Yes...just ask Edner Cherry how punishing he can be.

I dont think Paulie is physically punishing anyone but you cant deny his skills. I'm certain he would give anyone from 135-140 fits..even Manny
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 14 2008, 09:13 PM) [snapback]395807[/snapback]
I dont think Paulie is physically punishing anyone but you cant deny his skills. I'm certain he would give anyone from 135-140 fits..even Manny

I don't deny his skills...I deny that he is punishing anyone.
iron_mike
He might punish Manny's hands with his face. Or punish him if he whips one of his braids across Manny's eyes. I am no Hatton fan whatsoever, but Ricky will smash Gotti jr. to bits and pieces. And I will enjoy watching it.
BigG
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 15 2008, 01:15 AM) [snapback]395808[/snapback]
I don't deny his skills...I deny that he is punishing anyone.

Well JD he did punish Kevin Watts back in 03 laugh.gif
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 14 2008, 09:20 PM) [snapback]395810[/snapback]
Well JD he did punish Kevin Watts back in 03 laugh.gif

LOL...is that his last stoppage?
BigG
Yeah..EVERY fight since then has gone to the cards. Paulie might be a lighter hitter than Cory Spinks Jinx
D-MARV
LOL, I doubt Paulie punishes Manny Pac! but I wouldn't be surprised if he won the fight!
King Eugene
Punish Pac man.............NO. He's too tough for that but he'd beat'em up though! He is too skilled for Pac Man plus he isnt a face first type of fighter meaning he doesnt lead with his face. He is a tactical boxer who breaks opponents down. I say he'd win but not by knockout!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Paulie Malignaggi is one of my favorite fighters. He's got so much speed, and can really get the job done. He's not going to punish anybody, but he can outbox most any fighter out there. I think he'll beat Ricky Hatton with his footwork and hand speed. However, he is not beating Manny Pacquiao. Pacquiao is on another level right now, and would have his way with the magic man. Malignaggi has nothing to keep him off, and Pac won't hold once on the inside. He'll be ripping fast shots off the head and body of Malignaggi. It would be ugly.
BigG
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jul 15 2008, 07:40 AM) [snapback]395833[/snapback]
Paulie Malignaggi is one of my favorite fighters. He's got so much speed, and can really get the job done. He's not going to punish anybody, but he can outbox most any fighter out there. I think he'll beat Ricky Hatton with his footwork and hand speed. However, he is not beating Manny Pacquiao. Pacquiao is on another level right now, and would have his way with the magic man. Malignaggi has nothing to keep him off, and Pac won't hold once on the inside. He'll be ripping fast shots off the head and body of Malignaggi. It would be ugly.

Just remember Paulie went 12 tough rounds with Cotto despite having his jaw fractured in round 2. I dont think Pac-Paulie would be one sided.
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 15 2008, 04:35 AM) [snapback]395835[/snapback]
Just remember Paulie went 12 tough rounds with Cotto despite having his jaw fractured in round 2. I dont think Pac-Paulie would be one sided.

You know George, That is something that alot of people overlook. Even though he took a savage beating, he really displayed some heart and balls. I think he beats Hatton this fall and we should see him get a another high profile fight after that.

Hey George, you're a New York guy! What do you think about Judah-Malignaggi in MSG early next year? I mean, if both fighters win their next bouts!
CreDog
Paulie's not punishing anyone.... He is a good tactical boxer, but nothing special. Just a tad above average.

Even if Manny is Mr Excitement, matching him with Paulie would be a recipe for a boring boxing match.
Tha Docta
until the FDA approves hand transplants, paulie will not record another KO in his career. hes tough, but punches like such a pussy that i cant root for him.
CreDog
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jul 15 2008, 09:07 AM) [snapback]395851[/snapback]
until the FDA approves hand transplants, paulie will not record another KO in his career. hes tough, but punches like such a pussy that i cant root for him.

LOL- Amen.
U.S. Champ
Paulie couldn't even punish his children with those soft hands Manny would win, Hatton will punish him, and Zab would be the author of his obituary, as you can obviously see I'm not a fan of Paulie's
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea, he showed a lot of heart and balls against Cotto, but he still got beat. I didn't say he wouldn't go the distance. The Cotto fight was ugly, just look at his face. I love Paulie, but he's had trouble dealing with the pressure from N'Dou and Ngoudjo in his last two fights. Plus, his hand gets hurt in just about every fight, so how does he keep Pacquiao off of him. Usually in most of his fights, his speed gets him through. What happens when he meets someone to match his speed? It would be trouble for the Magic man.
kidbazooka1
I don't know Paulie's style may give Pac seriouse trouble.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jul 15 2008, 02:22 PM) [snapback]395865[/snapback]
I don't know Paulie's style may give Pac seriouse trouble.

i really dont see how he gives pac trouble. i think paulie is one of the best opponents for Pac at 140. although after pac beats him paulie will just use the old "i hurt my hand" excuse.
buford54
Boxers like Paulie and Floyd always say they will "punish" or "box the ears off of" people.
They avoid words like "hurt," "knockout," or "throw an authoritative punch at."

He might outbox Manny, but Manny's not slow by any means.
Either way, let me see him beat Ricky Hatton first. Then he can start threatening to "punish" fighters who started out 20 pounds below him.
D-MARV
Sorry Double Post!
D-MARV
QUOTE(buford54 @ Jul 15 2008, 03:53 PM) [snapback]395868[/snapback]
Boxers like Paulie and Floyd always say they will "punish" or "box the ears off of" people.
They avoid words like "hurt," "knockout," or "throw an authoritative punch at."

Mayweather hurt a lot of people in his day!

And he punished a few. Judah and Gatti to name a few!
rusty_trombone
The only thing Malignaggi knows how to punish are his own hands. Shit he does more damage to himself than he does to his opponents.
Col Reb
What a joke! Paulie doesn't punish anybody. He has to be a finalist for pigeon puncher of the year.
stevennall
Paulie is delusional. He couldn't fuck with Pacq even if his Medusa dreadlocks whipped Manny in the face and scratched his eyes while they scrapped.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.