Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can anyone stop Klitschko right now?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
It seems like David Haye has the only shot because of his speed/power.

I'd be interested in seeing a Valuev fight too I guess..but Valuev is just a really big slow average Heavyweight who almost lost to Ruiz and lost to Ruslan Chagaev.

Rulsan-Klit would just be Sulta-Klit 2 IMO.

Peter hasnt looked good since beating Toney (rematch).
King Eugene
As of now I dont see it happening. Peters and Haye are the only two I'd give a shot at it even though he's beaten Peter already.
Warlord
Al Hata is the only one who can stop him now.

3King3, it's not Peters, it's Peter. No big deal, I just see that mistake incessantly.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jul 15 2008, 12:19 AM) [snapback]395828[/snapback]
3King3, it's not Peters, it's Peter. No big deal, I just see that mistake incessantly.

LOL oh WOW, dang is it that serious...I'm back in English class again. It was just a typo, my finger accidentally hit it cause I type to fast. Ah next time read the thread all the way through and you will notice that I left the (s) off Peter.
D-MARV
I give Valuev the best shot right now! Im not giving Haye any type of chance until I see him fight a heavyweight and take a shot shot. I dont think his chin can hold up to one of Wlad's right hands!
rusty_trombone
no, because he's surrounded by a bunch of heavyweight retards
JD
I give Arreola the best shot because he can punch, he is resilient, and he can take a shot.

Haye would get starched.
Mean Mister Mustard
I'm actually enjoying the division quite a a bit. You want giants who can box you have Wlad, Valuev, and maybe even big bro Klit. You want clubbers you have Arreola and Peter. Boxers? Ibragimov and Chagaev. Also imagine seeing Briggs and Wlad fighting? Wouldn't it be fun watching one giant not throwing and the other landing at will with his jab then Briggs lading one punch and ending it? It could happen.

Sure there's no tyson, Ali or even a Holmes around but so what? All these guys can get Ko'd at anytime and that keeps me alert.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 15 2008, 08:29 PM) [snapback]395888[/snapback]
I give Arreola the best shot because he can punch, he is resilient, and he can take a shot.

I like this statement JD!!!!!

The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 15 2008, 08:29 PM) [snapback]395888[/snapback]

Haye would get starched.

Arreola = The New butterbean. he has no shot to beat Wlad. He's not talented at all. He looks like a linebacker whos been thrown into a boxing ring. No skills, just a punchers chance.

On the other hand, Valuev has a shot because of his size. Its going to take long arms to bring Wlad down. Right now he uses his reach and height vfery effectively, very much like Lennox Lewis. The difference is that Wlad doesnt relax and fights scared like Jameel mcCline...
D-MARV
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jul 16 2008, 12:25 AM) [snapback]395909[/snapback]
Arreola = The New butterbean. he has no shot to beat Wlad. He's not talented at all. He looks like a linebacker whos been thrown into a boxing ring. No skills, just a punchers chance.

On the other hand, Valuev has a shot because of his size. Its going to take long arms to bring Wlad down. Right now he uses his reach and height vfery effectively, very much like Lennox Lewis. The difference is that Wlad doesnt relax and fights scared like Jameel mcCline...

My friend, Arreola is nothing like butterbean! Chris will be a champ one day, Mark My Words!!!!

Chris has the chin, punch, and the mentality of a heavyweight champ. I wouldn't be surprised to see him Knock Klitschko out. But I do agree with you about Valuev having the better shot!
JD
I think Arreola beats Peter's sloppy ass right now.
Spyder
Why would Haye get starched?

Dude is undefeated and tore through the Cruiserweights, knocking bitches out!
D-MARV
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 16 2008, 08:19 AM) [snapback]395922[/snapback]
I think Arreola beats Peter's sloppy ass right now.

Oh Yeah!
D-MARV
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 16 2008, 08:35 AM) [snapback]395923[/snapback]

Why are we so quick to give him a chance to knock out Wlad. Wlad isn't Enzo!!!!! He out weighs the crusierweights by 50 pounds. This isn't no cruiserweight fight! So dont give me no crap about David tearing through the cruiserweight division!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 16 2008, 07:35 AM) [snapback]395923[/snapback]

I think he means that because he has been stopped once, although that was because of stamina issues, and because he has not shown an iron chin so far. I think if he sees the slow thudding punches he can take em on the chin but you never know.
Spyder
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jul 16 2008, 08:51 AM) [snapback]395926[/snapback]
I think he means that because he has been stopped once, although that was because of stamina issues, and because he has not shown an iron chin so far. I think if he sees the slow thudding punches he can take em on the chin but you never know.

Shit, you're right...I thought the dude hadn't lost. dntknw.gif

Well, he's athletic enough to transition to the heavies...especially how weak they are currently.

I don't think that him getting starched is an obvious outcome.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 16 2008, 08:03 AM) [snapback]395927[/snapback]
Shit, you're right...I thought the dude hadn't lost. dntknw.gif

Well, he's athletic enough to transition to the heavies...especially how weak they are currently.

I don't think that him getting starched is an obvious outcome.

His speed will be an obvious advantage. I think that if packs on a few pounds and gets used to heavuweight punches he has a shot to take the division. But jumping straight in against Wlad would be a bad move.
JD
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 16 2008, 08:35 AM) [snapback]395923[/snapback]

I think Haye would get starched because he is chinny at cruiser and Wlad would hit him on the chin.

Wlad's chin is shit, I just think his size will allow him to land cleanly on Haye, before Haye lands on him.
Spyder
Anything is possible in the heavyweight division...but Wlad has looked extremely tentative lately. I think a fast, athletic guy like Haye could make Wlad look like Frankenstein's Monster.
JD
Perhaps...though I would favor Wlad.
Spyder
I would too, but I don't think it's an obviously one sided outcome.
JD
I don't know...with Haye's chin, I think he could be belly up once Wlad finds the range with his right - and I think that happens before Haye can land his bomb.

Either way, I would like to see the fight.
Maxy
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 16 2008, 08:48 AM) [snapback]395931[/snapback]
Anything is possible in the heavyweight division...but Wlad has looked extremely tentative lately. I think a fast, athletic guy like Haye could make Wlad look like Frankenstein's Monster.

I agree with that. Haye is quicker than Wlad and he hits hard. He's only had one fight at heavyweight against a nobody so its hard to say how he'll fare against the top guys in the division, but at least he'll come to fight with the intention of doing a number on the Klit.

Yes, Haye has a vulnerable chin but Wlad doesn't exactly have an iron-jaw himself. I'd love to see the fight.
D-MARV
No doubt, Haye is quicker! But Wlad has some fast 1-2s himself! Also will Haye be able to carry that quickness at Heavy? and more importantly, How will his stamina hold up weighing 15 to 20 more pounds?
dj necrogenic
Wlad owns Arreola on skill, but Arreola is Wlads worse nightmare of a fighting style, Arreola will come forward and press Wlad like crazy... If Arreola can take Wlads shots and get inside, he'll put a hurting on Wlad all day long. But I think Arreola needs a few fights yet to get in there with Wlad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.