Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where have you gone, Chico Escuela?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Big Slim Sweet
OK, I know this fight means diddly squat in the big picture and it's not like the first fight provided fireworks of any sort, but some folks here have got to be just a tiny bit interested tonight. I mean, this isn't Holmes and Butterbean in there. These two guys were still capturing imaginations less than two years ago. If one of them can win and look good doing it, you have to assume that with the HW division in the current state it's in he'd be putting himself right back in line for a major fight, if not a title shot then maybe as an intriguing opponenet for one of the up and comers like Haye or Arreola. Hell if Toney looks good you could hear the drums start beating for the long awaited bout with Nard.

Fighthype needed a thread, so I started it. Discuss!

And can someone here please do a round-by-round?? It doesn't appear that Comcast in Chicago is carrying the fight.

Thanks!

Slim
JD
Cablevision does not show a listing for it...so I am not even sure it will be on FSNY.
Spyder
It should be listed under The Best Damn Sports Show Period.
Big Slim Sweet
I saw it in my guide under Best Damn Championship Fight Night a few days ago, but this morning it was replaced by 50 Best Damn Bloopers. I called Comcast here in Chi - they're not showing it. It didn't fit into the one hour slot they have set nightly for BDSS, so instead they're airing the bloopers rerun. Terrific.
JD
LOL...

I get Mets Classics from 8 to 10, Sportsnite at 10 and again at 10:30, and then Daily News Live at 11.

The worst.
thehype
I'll probably be doing one as long as it's on.
Jack 1000
To be honest through, the bi-line for this fight should be:

"IF YOU THINK KLITSCHKO-THOMPSON WAS BORING...." laugh.gif

I have no interest in this fight, none at all. Kudos if Ben wants to do a RBR. Double-Kudos if he can stay awake! hahaha!

Maybe we get a needle in a haystack chance of a good fight. But I can't see it happening.

Jack

PS. I'll take "Eats Out" Toney by ZZZZZZZ a UD if the judges are still awake during the fight to mark their cards.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 16 2008, 01:40 PM) [snapback]395954[/snapback]
LOL...

I get Mets Classics from 8 to 10, Sportsnite at 10 and again at 10:30, and then Daily News Live at 11.

The worst.

I've got the same problem... only here in the Chicagoland we've got Blackhawk Classics (WTF??) and then Sportsnite. I also know that this fight means diddly squat, but I was interested in watching the fight.
JD
QUOTE(FenderDG3 @ Jul 16 2008, 05:21 PM) [snapback]395968[/snapback]
I've got the same problem... only here in the Chicagoland we've got Blackhawk Classics (WTF??) and then Sportsnite. I also know that this fight means diddly squat, but I was interested in watching the fight.

Disgraciana!!!!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 16 2008, 02:40 PM) [snapback]395954[/snapback]
LOL...

The worst.

There is nothing wrong with Mets Classic! Lenny Dykstra is the man
JD
MSG+ is carrying the fight in NY.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.