Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rahman vs. Toney II Round-by-Round Results
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
thehype
In case anyone needs it:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyround3060.html

Plus...not sure how well the streams are working, but if you want to try and watch:

http://www.fighthype.com/fightstream.php
Romulus9
Wow. I'm absolutely super-pumped for this tonight! I'm beside myself with anticipation!

Okay not really.

But it's the middle of the week and I need something to watch, so why not a one punch wonder versus a fat tub of former middleweight lard. I don't care who wins because we all lose for having to watch it.
Big Slim Sweet
I can't fucking believe my cable is airing best damn fan bloopers instead of the live fight.

Why? Why??
Big Slim Sweet
When is this modern day classic supposed to begin?
The CEO
For those who don't know....the stream's got a chat below it...you betta come on innnnnn!
The CEO
about to walk out....tale of the tape....funky beats in the background...
HaydelHammer
toney looks like a baby panda
The CEO
James lookin' like a fat bullet. Crowd is hyped....and there's the bell...get in the chat and holler at your boy...
The CEO
QUOTE(HaydelHammer @ Jul 16 2008, 11:36 PM) [snapback]395999[/snapback]
toney looks like a baby panda

laugh.gif

No one else in chat though....I guess no one else wants to talk shit during a Toney fight....that's one of life's great pleasures....you're missin' out...
HaydelHammer
toney trainer reminds me of shane mosleys dad sort of.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 16 2008, 11:42 PM) [snapback]396001[/snapback]
laugh.gif

No one else in chat though....I guess no one else wants to talk shit during a Toney fight....that's one of life's great pleasures....you're missin' out...

yeah I just signed it. it's a ghost town
The CEO
I really like this setup....where we can watch the stream and chat at the same time....
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 16 2008, 11:45 PM) [snapback]396004[/snapback]
I really like this setup....where we can watch the stream and chat at the same time....

yeah that's tight. Great idea
The CEO
It's a fight, boys....right hands and Rahman's cut...
The CEO
Fight is stopped on the cut!

No decision?
D-MARV
WoW
Just when you thought the Heavyweight division couldn't get any more pathetic!
D-MARV
James Toney wasn't looking half bad though! I think he would have stopped Rahman within 6! He was tagging him at will.
HaydelHammer
rahman needs to take his a$$ home
The CEO
That was gonna be a fight, marvelous....it was heating up fast....damn....Rahman's noodle is weeeeaaaak......fuckin' No Contest....
Big Slim Sweet
So...it's officially a no decision? Fuck that.
D-MARV
James Toney 3TKO!

LOL
The CEO
QUOTE(HaydelHammer @ Jul 16 2008, 11:55 PM) [snapback]396010[/snapback]
rahman needs to take his a$$ home

After hearing Rahman was saying he couldn't see...I totally agree.

I was gettin' excited to see some punishment...and Lord knows it was comin'....
Romulus9
Rahman = wizard sleeve

Well done, James.
D-MARV
If the man couldn't see then I don't blame Rahman!!!!
I think there is more to it than the cut, I think Rahman really can't see out that eye!
Big Slim Sweet
What's James saying in the post fight interview?
HaydelHammer
lol @ rahman
D-MARV
I think it's going to get overturned
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 17 2008, 12:00 AM) [snapback]396014[/snapback]
After hearing Rahman was saying he couldn't see...I totally agree.

I was gettin' excited to see some punishment...and Lord knows it was comin'....

oh yeah.....that next round would have been up close and very brutal. LOL. I would have been a site to see and made staying up late worth it IMO. lol
Romulus9
If I had to bet, I'd say this gets overturned. I do think he's not only got something wrong vision related (and not the cut) but perhaps something serious (detached retina?).

I love boxing.
The CEO
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, wvu...lol

Rahman kept telling the doctor he couldn't see....the doctor relayed that info to the ref....and the ref stopped the fight. This shouldn't be overturned.....
Romulus9
Not being sarcastic when talking about the possible problems Rahman may be having.

Here's one thing. The rules typically state that if a cut is caused by an accidental clash of heads, and that cut causes the fight to be stopped, you go to the cards after X rounds. The fight WAS NOT stopped on cuts. The fight was stopped for the safety of the fighter because Rahman said he couldn't see. The reason why he couldn't see doesn't mean anything. It was an accidental foul so that's out. It wasn't the cut. He said he couldn't see. The doctor stopped it, just as he could have stopped it due to excessive brutality.

TKO win for Toney IMO.

I'm guessing it will be overturned but I really don't think it should be.
Col Reb
I think Rahman was trying to puss his way out of a tough fight. James was on; good for the ref awarding a TKO on that. I say throw James in with The White Buffalo next!
Romulus9
I love Toney. Doesn't care about censors. Doesn't want to hear excuses. Just loving life... and food. I want to go hang out with Lights Out.
The CEO
The doctor said the cut caused by the "accidental butt" (quoted because I think James was being dirty) wasn't even in question....Rahman's vision was either legitimately hindered/damaged, or he was lookin' for a way out...I'm thinking it's the latter mostly....

but maybe we can't blame him for pussin' out....look how much damage he's taken to his face and head throughout his life....he's probably not willing to take anymore serious damage up there...which means...

Hang 'em up!
thehype
Well...here's what I saw...

AWWWWWWWWW....THAT'S IT....THEY STOP THE FIGHT. RAHMAN CAN'T CONTINUE DUE TO THE CUT. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! RAHMAN WAS WALKING AROUND AFTER THAT ROUND COMPLAINING THAT HE COULDN'T SEE. BOOOOOOOOOOO! RAHMAN CAN'T CONTINUE! HE KEEPS SAYING HE CAN'T SEE. BOOOOOOOO! SINCE THE CUT WAS DUE TO A HEADBUTT, THE FIGHT'S A NO CONTEST...UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE. THE CROWD IN ATTENDANCE IS NOT HAPPY AT ALL!

Personally, I've seen much worse cuts than that. It's a deep cut, no doubt, but I've seen some that are a lot uglier than that. And it was above his eyebrow. The kicker is the fight wasn't even officially stopped due to the cut...it was stopped because Rahman said he couldn't see and that he knew he couldn't see because he was getting hit by right hands.

OH WAIT...A CONTROVERSY...

Apparently Rahman is the one who said he couldn't continue, not the doctor, so Rahman officially retired himself...a replay of the tape shows that Rahman was complaining to the doctor that his vision was blurry, at which point, the doctor said the fight was over. But what exactly was the doctor's ruling? Did he say the fight couldn't continue because of the cut? Did he say the fight couldn't continue because of the blurry vision? Did he say the fight was over because Rahman simply didn't want to fight with a blurry eye?

OH SNAP....

THE WINNER BY WAY OF TKO IN ROUND THREE...JAMES TONEY

WOW!

POSTFIGHT
"We back baby...I'm the best heavyweight in the world, period, hands down," stated James Toney. "If it were me, I would've continued to fight...he was lookin' for any way out...if I was him, I'd put my balls on and fight...it was a disappointing win because I wanted to knock him out...but hey, it is what it is," he continued. "We'll take a win any way we can...James had a great third round...bottom line, I think James would've stopped him," promoter Dan Goossen remarked. "Quit hiding dem bums from me...Sam Peter, you will see me again...Klitschko, you a bum and your sister Vitali," Toney fired away in closing. "The cut was deep, blood was streaming into my eyes...my vision was blurry...all of a sudden, after he headbutts me, he starts catching me with right hands I couldn't see...I'm in his backyard...everybody know this was some home cookin'...we gonna appeal this...it didn't go four rounds...this is the worst damn decision period," an angry Rahman explained. "It's not a matter of the size of the cut...the question is whether or not the blood is falling in the eye...if a boxer says that they can't fight, they can't see, they can't fight," stated the doctor regarding his decision to suggest to the ref that the fight was over. Man, I don't know about this one. Not once did the doctor actually run any vision tests on Rahman (the old "how many fingers am I holding up" test would have been a nice start). He just repeatedly asked him, "Can you see? So you can't see? You can't continue? Can you see?" Almost as if he was looking for Rahman to quit. I don't know...on the flip side, it also kind of looked like Rahman was looking for a way out. That headbutt happened very early in the round and if his vision was that messed up, then maybe he should have complained about it to the ref a lot sooner instead of letting Toney proceed to tee off on him with right hands for the rest of the round. In fact, one BIG right hand in particular was a slobberknocker that shook Rahman, made him do a two-step and blow snot bubbles out of his nose. The minute he got back to his corner, he immediately mentioned blurrines in his eye and Travis Kauffman could be heard in the background as though he was encouraging a stoppage of the fight.

Long story short...Rahman pussed out...go ahead and give Toney the TKO win just so we don't have to watch them fight a 3rd time.

Winner by way of puss out...James Toney.

TONEY PO3
hardhead
I hope Diaz is okay, didn't look good at all.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
If he can't see because of a headbutt, then the fight should be a no contest. However, if he just retires, then it should be a TKO. I think it was because of the headbutt so it should be a no contest, but whatever. Toney was coming on in that fight, and probably would of beaten Rock tonight.
BGv2.0
ABSOLUTE GARBAGE CALL!!!! This is the shit that is actually making a long time fan turn away!

I never thought I'd see anything worse than the Arreola/Witherspoon stoppage for many years...for sure not within a month from that crap call....but this is leaps and bounds worse.

This SHOULD be a no brainer...there is ZERO question mark here. The rules are and have always been clear in this situation.

If a cut is caused by an accidental headbutt before 4 rounds are completed the fight is ruled a NC!

PERIOD! end of discussion....there are no "buts" here.

Does not matter if Rock really was looking for a way out....does not matter JT was coming on stong.

Hasim Rahman never said "I quit" or "I cannot continue".....the Dr. asked him if he could see, he said he could not and the Dr. called the fight.

It does not get any clearer than that.

It was absolute Gossen Garbage in the man's back yard...but what was so disgusting was how blatant it was.

Personally I don't think Rock was looking to quit, I think he wanted a fair shake and knew he was not going to get one if JT could land an easy scoring right hand due to a blood filled eye. That was far from a tiny cut.

The blood was clearly in his eye in the corner....and JT never landed ANYTHING prior to the cut as he did after if was opened up. The punches that hurt a fighter are the ones you don't see...and I don't think Rock saw anything out of that eye once the blood started to flow. Hince getting caught very good with the right at the end of the round.

absolute BS stoppage...hell even the FSN crew could not try to argue it as legit.
hardhead
I think it might be overturned, seemed like to me it should have been called a No Contest. The last round was actually pretty good at the end, don't know if the action woul have sustained or not.
Jack 1000
I didn't see the fight, but in a card back in the early 90's I was told that under California State Law, the doctor does have the authority to stop the fight. But the question becomes does the doctor have the power to override the referee in making a decision in California? Was there any title belt involved here? I presume that California officiates under the ABC unified rules for all of its fights

Under ABC rules, if the ref said the boxer cannot continue because of an accidental headbutt, and fewer than 4 rounds are completed, it is a no contest. If the ref misses the headbutt, it would count as a punch and the result would be a TKO. My understanding is that while the doctor can stop the fight in California, the ref is the sole arbitrator for shots coming from head-butts or punches. In other words, it's not up to the doctor to rule on a punch or headbutt. That's the job of the referee.

Jack
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Say what you want about Toney, love him or loath him he stills gives the best quotes in boxing.

"I'll fight Vitali and his sister!"

Ha ha ha ha.
JD
The cut wasn't bad enough to stop it, Rahman didn't want to fight anymore...so good.

I can say with 100% certainty if the coin were flipped, Toney would fight through it.
Tha Docta
the headbutt looked intentional to me after seeing the replay. holyfield would have been proud. Rahman clearly wasnt the same after that butt and i think alot of it had to do with him not being able to see those right hands. i thought rahman looked pretty good up until that headbutt. toney couldnt seem to close the gap.

bullshit call in my opinion. did the doctor stop to think why rahman couldnt see out of his right eye? apparently, being semi retarded qualifies you to be a ringside physician these days.
Big Slim Sweet
Ah, who cares. Rahman seems like a nice guy and all but he's always been overrated. Hit the road, Rock. Beat it. Make like a tree and get outta here.

The real news, James Toney looked pretty good tonight, firing off combos, picking and rolling, sneaking in the "accidental" head butt. The man is what he says he is, a natural born fighter. I don't think it's unrealistic to think that if he can keep himself in the halfway decent shape he showed up in tonight he can remain a player in the division for another five years. He's that good.

"We back, baby! I got milk! Who next?!"

Crazy ass James Toney. Anyone who says the division is better off without him is a fool, IMO. This division? No, sir.

I bet GBP has their eyes on a Haye-Toney fight in the next six months. Which means, James will be back on HBO.

drinks.gif
Tha Docta
i thought those segments on the fighters before the fight were pretty damn good last night. better than what hbo turns out occassionally. i thought the toney segment was great.

i thought toney did look pretty good after warming up. but he didnt really start to come on until after the headbutt. the guy should still be about 10 lbs lighter IMO. he needs to be able to get into range and move quicker and the extra weight doesnt allow him to do that.

wlad would jab him to death though. dont think he would throw one right hand the whole fight.

ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jul 17 2008, 09:58 AM) [snapback]396058[/snapback]
I bet GBP has their eyes on a Haye-Toney fight in the next six months. Which means, James will be back on HBO.

Ohhhh...nice little fight there. Haye and Toney drinks.gif

I really do hope Toney looked good against the Rock......the divsion needs him for some excitement. The only exciting thing the division has is the Kiltschkos, Haye moving up and...erm....talk of Hopkins fighting Sam Peter laugh.gif
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Jul 17 2008, 07:12 AM) [snapback]396045[/snapback]
Say what you want about Toney, love him or loath him he stills gives the best quotes in boxing.

"I'll fight Vitali and his sister!"

Ha ha ha ha.

laugh.gif

That made me laugh too.
jlupi
The cut wasn't bad enough to stop it, Rahman didn't want to fight anymore...so good.

I can say with 100% certainty if the coin were flipped, Toney would fight through it. >>>>

I agree. My understanding is that rock and the corner were asking the doc to stop the fight. If he doesnt have a serious inj he's a puss. the cut was not bad at all.

from d fischer at max
"However, when ringside physician Dr. Paul Wallace visited Rahman’s corner in-between the third and fourth rounds he said he asked the former champ if he could see and if he wanted to continue and Rahman answered that he could not see three times, never saying that he could – or wanted – to continue. Because it was interpreted that the fighter determined that he could not continue, it was ruled that Rahman basically forfeited the fight."
thehype
QUOTE(jlupi @ Jul 17 2008, 11:50 AM) [snapback]396064[/snapback]
from d fischer at max
"However, when ringside physician Dr. Paul Wallace visited Rahman’s corner in-between the third and fourth rounds he said he asked the former champ if he could see and if he wanted to continue and Rahman answered that he could not see three times, never saying that he could – or wanted – to continue. Because it was interpreted that the fighter determined that he could not continue, it was ruled that Rahman basically forfeited the fight."

That's how I saw it. Rahman basically quit without saying he quits. You could even here Travis Kauffman in the background telling them to get the doctor and almost coaching them into getting the fight stopped. Most fighters usually insist on the fight continuing...saying, "I'm okay, give me one more round, I'm fine" whether they're really okay or not. Even fighters who are out on their feet have been quick to argue their case for allowing the fight to go on...but noooooooooo....not Rahman. Rahman CLEARLY wanted out of that fight. In my opinion, that's one of the sneakiest and also one of the most genius ways of getting out of a fight: "my eyes...I can't see...my vision is blurry". I mean, it's kind of difficult to prove whether or not that's true right on the spot so it almost leaves no choice for the doctor but to say the fighter can't continue. It's such a grey area. The question is whether or not a fighter really can continue...but how do you determine how much blurriness is okay and not okay? If a fighter's eye is swollen, how do you determine how much of his vision is impaired? In my opinion, Rahman pussed out. The fight wasn't stopped due to the cut that occurred from the headbutt...it was stopped because Rahman said he couldn't see.

TONEY PO3

He didn't even give his corner a chance to work on the cut...he just saw his own blood and pussed out.

These fvckin heavyweights are pussies! That's what's wrong with the heavyweight division...too many pussies.

rusty_trombone
nopw james will come in 15 pounds heavier for his next fight and collect a check. awesome
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.